Rangers have no respect in dungeons!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Start your own groups

The issue is as soon as a ranger icon is seen, people wont join it. I don’t think it matters if he’s the one starting the group or not lol

Better they start their own groups because the people that do join would be okay with partying with a ranger.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Skweak.7392

Skweak.7392

One of the problems is that rangers often need the active effect of signets, probably along with 1500 longbow range or piercing arrows, traits which are likely to be more appealing than Spotter. Or if they are using Spotter with longbow, chances are the rest of the party won’t be getting the precision.

The other issue that I want to bring up that applies often with the deeply-loathed bearbow pugs is the fact that often times in Arah, for example, their stupid pets can aggro elite mobs. “It’s on passive” pssh.

Personally I’ve seen my pet randomly start running towards an enemy when it was on passive. Although I don’t think it’s the most frequent bug. But it’s definitely happened several times before. I think another possible cause would be auto targeting with melee, where you hit a weapon skill that’s out of range and your pet starts running. Although this wouldn’t apply to bearbows. :P

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

so could some1 explain properly how a ranger would deal more or better sustained dps than a warrior or guardian or thief within a 10 seconds timeframe? that would be great.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

The other issue that I want to bring up that applies often with the deeply-loathed bearbow pugs is the fact that often times in Arah, for example, their stupid pets can aggro elite mobs. “It’s on passive” pssh.

Pets won’t aggro anything that the ranger itself hasn’t aggroed.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

so could some1 explain properly how a ranger would deal more or better sustained dps than a warrior or guardian or thief within a 10 seconds timeframe? that would be great.

I don’t think that’s how sustained works.

edit: and it doesn’t matter either way. you bring warrior for banner (and ea). you bring ranger for spotter/spirit.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

i remember in gw1 where it really didnt matter what class you were cause we have skills we can change to work with the group!

Ironic is it not? I thought GW2 originally intended to achieve exactly the opposite, and get rid of class discrimination, by scrapping the trinity. But it would seem they’ve actually made the problem worse.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

One of the problems is that rangers often need the active effect of signets, probably along with 1500 longbow range or piercing arrows, traits which are likely to be more appealing than Spotter. Or if they are using Spotter with longbow, chances are the rest of the party won’t be getting the precision.

Personally I’ve seen my pet randomly start running towards an enemy when it was on passive. Although I don’t think it’s the most frequent bug. But it’s definitely happened several times before. I think another possible cause would be auto targeting with melee, where you hit a weapon skill that’s out of range and your pet starts running. Although this wouldn’t apply to bearbows. :P

Reminds me of the horrible dungeon NPC’s. Actually, I’m pretty sure your pets are way beyond the capacity of Varra Skylark; queen of aggroing mobs. I can actually be OOC and standing still and she’ll shoot a champion orrian warrior that wasn’t aggroed at all. I’m like “B**** WHATCHU DOIN!?!”

Are you certain? What about if for example, an orrian turret shot the ranger and as the ranger ran away, an elite risen walked right up to where the turret was when the bear pet lunged to retaliate on the turret. If the bear attacked, would it have the possibility of hitting both by accident? I could see some crap like that happening.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

dont get mad at the people who want to get through content quickly and efficiently, its not their fault that anet messed up class balance.

if you want to spend 2 hours doing cof path 1 with 5 rangers, no one is stopping you, but dont make kitten posts crying because people dont want their time wasted with kittenty classes

reroll war, cry to anet, or play a different game

You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. I have 10 geared 80s and, of hundreds of p1 CoF runs, one of the fastest I’ve ever been a part of was a 5 Ranger group. Absolutely wrecked the place. It started at a ‘lfg Ranger only’ joke with some friends and ended up being pretty kitten amazing. Ranger is beast in skilled hands.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

As much as one ranger can speed up a CoF p1 run by bringing spotter and frost spirit boosting the dps of the 4 other members, their own personal dps being not really all that great I don’t think you even know the meaning of “wrecking the place” if you felt a 5 ranger run was one of your fastest. Your head would probably explode if you had a good thief in your party.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

As much as one ranger can speed up a CoF p1 run by bringing spotter and frost spirit boosting the dps of the 4 other members, their own personal dps being not really all that great I don’t think you even know the meaning of “wrecking the place” if you felt a 5 ranger run was one of your fastest. Your head would probably explode if you had a good thief in your party.

I main a thief and 2 of my 10 80s are thieves. I know plenty about them so don’t be condescending please. And yes 5 Rangers was an awesome run and saying that would take two hours is stupid and rediculous.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Are you certain? What about if for example, an orrian turret shot the ranger and as the ranger ran away, an elite risen walked right up to where the turret was when the bear pet lunged to retaliate on the turret. If the bear attacked, would it have the possibility of hitting both by accident? I could see some crap like that happening.

If the pet is set on passive it will sit there and ignore the turret hits until it’s dead. And only pets that can cleave are drakes.

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

I don’t think that’s how sustained works.

edit: and it doesn’t matter either way. you bring warrior for banner (and ea). you bring ranger for spotter/spirit.

Well it does matter, if the boss dies within a burst phase of 5-10 seconds the chunk of damage that is guard burst dps minus ranger dps might pull ahead of the chunk group dps with spotter+frostspirit minus group dps without those. Might not be the case for guards and warriors within 10 seconds, but maybe for ele.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

I main a thief and 2 of my 10 80s are thieves. I know plenty about them so don’t be condescending please. And yes 5 Rangers was an awesome run and saying that would take two hours is stupid and rediculous.

he didn’t say that 5 rangers would take 2 hours. he is, however, completely right that changing classes would do nothing but improve the team DPS. adding almost any class over more rangers would make the run faster – warrior would bring banners/EA/superior damage, thief would bring damage, ele would bring damage…….

5 rangers is in no way a good composition. sure, you can probably do better runs than PUGs in a good full dps 5 ranger party, but what class wouldn’t be able to (other than engi/necro/mes)?