Remove Fotm mistlocks

Remove Fotm mistlocks

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

I’m only saying this because everyone that has the AR just skips the broken mistlocks anyway. People only post for 36, 38, 40, 49, 50 for the mistlock fotm runs.

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t think removing them is a good idea, but they should maybe change some of them and have them become more intense as the fractals progress.

For example…

The 39 mistlock instability where mobs explode on death causing damage + knockback could be such that it has increased cc duration + damage as you progress (in terms of first, 2nd, 3rd and 4th fractals).

The 40 mistlock instability where agony ticks occasionally while a person is in combat could tick for a few more pulses than before as the fractals progress.

There’s a lot of room for improvement with the system.

EDIT: Btw I don’t necessarily want what I listed above. I actually hate agony and think it’s a terrible mechanic and don’t really like how we know exactly what instability we’ll have on each level either. I also know a lot of people would just re-roll until they get an instability that they desire, so I think a solid solution to people picking certain levels in the tiers would be to have the instabilities randomized and changing each fractal. That’s the most practical ‘solution’ that I can think of that would be easy to implement.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

There’s no real incentive for trying out some of the more annoying instabilities. Maybe I would try them if they added an achievement similar to Dungeon Master or if there was a speciffic"daily" scale level with bonus rewards or something.

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Sera.6250

Sera.6250

ability to choose an instability in order to increase rewards and additional achievements a la liadri imo

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Mislock should be entirely random on each fractal. Higher fractals means the effects are simply more intense.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I do think that once a certain developer told me in this forum that many people loves instabilities.

I wonder if he can still say that.

They are as useful as fractal leaderboards.

@mage its an awful idea…. the development team proved to not be able to balance fractals many times.
Do you want to add a new RNG wall for pug runs?
They should first FIX fractals, then try easy thing or add new fractals.

They could also revert the 50 levels thing for the old 80 without instabilities.

Fractal already lost too much population.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Mistlock instabilities should have been implemented like Queen’s Gauntlet gambits.

As they are, everyone just skips them… they’re a complete and total failure.

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

An interesting idea, beaten as usual by players choosing the path of least resistance.

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

We just need another rework!

5 min paint job below:
- can select any fractal
- instabilities tailored for each fractal
- complete previous challenges to unlock next ones (also unlocks it in next scale)
- unlimited tiers with distinct difference
- completing locked challenge would complete one uncompleted requirement

Then add:
- daily fractal quest to complete 3 of 4 randomly selected challenges

Attachments:

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

And another reset!

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Instabilities, even though some are fun, are probably one of the most annoying systems they’ve ever implemented into this game thus far. There is a reason why the the levels OP stated are most commonly asked for. That reason is horrible rewards no matter which instability you go through.
Some people like the challenge, yes. But then most people are there for that one chance at the very end chest. Playing fractals overall is fun, but I’d rather choose levels that I know will go smoothly and we’ll have a fun, stress-less run, rather than a long annoying one.
If they change up instabilities, most fractalers will lean towards the ones they prefer. There is absolutely no reason to do (for example) fractal level 33. Why? I can do 38 and have exact same rewards (plus more relics), but at the same time I’m more familiar with this instability.
And I don’t even want to get into the whole idea of the instabilities that are simply build breaking…

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Romo.3709

And another reset!

Every time we ask for changes they either break something or reset hours upon hours of hard work. The only positive change in the past year was dredge fractal I guess, but then again the clown car boss is way too easier than he used to be. It’s almost like we ask for one thing, and they give us 2 or 3 more that we didn’t ask for.
But then, ah well… Not like any of us expects anything after Fractured…

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

And another reset!

Every time we ask for changes they either break something or reset hours upon hours of hard work. The only positive change in the past year was dredge fractal I guess, but then again the clown car boss is way too easier than he used to be. It’s almost like we ask for one thing, and they give us 2 or 3 more that we didn’t ask for.
But then, ah well… Not like any of us expects anything after Fractured…

Never forget!

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

I still don’t understand why any party other than a “derrrrp, HEAVY ONLY” group would roll lvl 38 instead of lvl 37 or 40.

The instability on 37 might as well be “none”. It takes effort to make it proc when fighting trash and it will literally never proc on boss fights since you’re always attacking.

The protection proc on Deep Freeze alone is reason enough not to roll 38. And good luck getting pugs not to whirl or shoot through an ethereal field if you’re running with a mes.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I agree with mistlocks working like Gambits as Lord Kuru.3685 pointed out. How cool will it be to stack a bunch of these to get “better” rewards?!

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

I’ve always wanted more empyreal fragments! And rings.

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Mistlock instabilities should have been implemented like Queen’s Gauntlet gambits.

As they are, everyone just skips them… they’re a complete and total failure.

Either this, or like someone already mentioned, have the mistlocks random.

Example,
In the 31-40 Tier, 10 possible instabilities.
In the 41-50 Tier, 20 possibilities
In the 51-60 Tier, 30 possibilities, etc.

As it is, I really hate how we skip over most of the instabilities (as in probably all except the ones in 40 and 49/50). Every in-between level is pretty much worthless. I also hate how we roll swamp every time. I hope they fix it so rolling is no longer possible.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

ability to choose an instability in order to increase rewards and additional achievements a la liadri imo

I totally agree with you. This system sounds enjoyable for me, and makes sense as well

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Make an achievement for doing all the mistlocks, with a fractal tonic or weapon chest at the end or something.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Sera.6250

Sera.6250

that would actually be cool, maybe then i’d have something other than a bunch of chests of healer gear sitting in my storage

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

- daily fractal quest to complete 3 of 4 randomly selected challenges

I’d actually really love this – an incentive to explore other mistlocks and break up the daily grind of 30/40/50 to get yet another uninfused khilbrons phylactery. Maybe the daily challenges could include progression towards a weapon skin box (like pvp reward tracks).

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

I feel like mistlock instabilities are really gimmicky and that when designing those the dev did not take in consideration the high number of of mistolck-instance combo which at times can become quite absurd. Seriously it would have been way better to have new abilities added each tiers of each fractal and becoming more present the higher you go into a tier. Well balancing and implementing new mechanics to fractals requires works while trowing gimmicks at the players and claiming that it is “new and exiting” content is way easier, guess which way Anet has chosen…

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

To tell the truth i’d rather play with *game mechanics" rather than having something removing them.
And i’d rather have interesting gameplay with what we have in game…something that is still hard to see in game.

For example i d really like to see some 5VS5 with a decent AI and not overpowered opponents with no brain.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Remove Fotm mistlocks

Romo.3709

I still don’t understand why any party other than a “derrrrp, HEAVY ONLY” group would roll lvl 38 instead of lvl 37 or 40.

The instability on 37 might as well be “none”. It takes effort to make it proc when fighting trash and it will literally never proc on boss fights since you’re always attacking.

37 with Mai sucks. Since she becomes unattended with every canon phase, she gets regeneration buff now and then giving her ability to regain health. This can be avoided with a mesmer clone, but it’s very situational. Now more than ever since they made Mai harder… (Once again another example of doing something that was not asked)

40 is also heavy in AR requirement, so many people that have just enough for 30s tend to stick to 38.