[Request] Please lower LI for Legendary Armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Del.4309

Del.4309

I agree with the fact that 150 LI’s is fine but not the time farming them (especially when you are just starting out), I would suggest putting in LI’s at the vendor for magnetite shards.

That way you still have to raid and stuff to get the insights and people wont feel disadvantaged. (since the cap is only 100 a week)

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I don’t remember being able to craft the second tier precursor. Much less the ability to craft the legendary armor.

It probably won’t be available until after LS3 release.

So hold your kittening horses.

Gonna be a few months till you can craft it. So that’s plenty to collect 150 LI

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Let the ones who got tons of insights already spend them on armour then anet will lower the bar for the rest of us like always happens.I bust my kitten farming chak eggs for hive master title when hot first came out,then anet made chak eggs a lot easier to get.Its what they always do.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

its faster for someone starting now to acquire 150 LI than for those that started at release as there are 9 bosses to kill per week now. That some decided to start late, didn’t put the effort in to join any of the raid guilds or simply don’t want to put the effort in shouldn’t be a reason for a lower requirement.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: Shark Drake.9461

Shark Drake.9461

I agree with OP. 150 LI is too much. Not to mention that not everyone can get all kills every week.

(edited by Shark Drake.9461)

Chris McSwag.4683

I agree with OP. 150 LI is too much. Not to mention that not everyone can get all kills every week.

If it’s due to time restraints, all they need to do is raid for a few weeks more. What’s the problem?

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’m thinking 54 total is a good number. 54 is actually a pretty perfect number!

Let’s make that 54 number happen!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

eldrin.6471

Why a 4 month time gate would 8 weeks not be plenty and more in line with other legendary s. It would take the minimum of 8 weeks to get 72 insights if you killed every raid boss every week. 150 and four months are just way to much for me and probably your average new raider starting out. The only people ok with 150 insights are those that are almost there already and would rather keep the armor as exclusive as possible.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

All this ppl in ‘raid only guilds’… luckers. You litteraly have paradise of raids loot at your feed. 10 capable ppl, coordination, best build checkup, skill of player checkup = 90% chance to win a raid boss in 3 attempts.

Joining a raid only guild, punishes joining other guilds (pvp, wvw, pve, dungeon, fractal). So as a ‘everything-gw2 player’ i cannot forsake those modes. I have no problem killing VG, overall it’s piece of cake fight (I might make a mistake here and there, but most of time noone, and if i make one often not a crucial one), other players make much more mistakes (like not dodging blue).

Now with that theory out of the way: RAid only guild: garanteed succes 9 legendary insight a week, but they suck in the rest of game (hence they complain t6 mats). They build a wall, around themself to throw of anyone they think is a noob, to protect their speedclear of LI. Hence they create a void where lots of players cannot join raids (yes this responsibilty is to you elite raid only guilds a lot).

Then the other ppl NEEDING to pug in their situation to even find raid: Less c apable players, less coordinations, less gear check (ascended trinket especially in viper etc), less often online at same time, you name it. With each parameter the chance of success drops. With that in mind 10+ attempts often are needed (and sometimes still fail) to kill raid boss. Most of these ppl pve enough to have stacks of t6 mat. But LI is growing superior slow on them (even 1 legendary armor piece will become hard at their pace).

Result: two groups: completely opposite of each other, and Anet favors one completely, the other not at all. What’s more they have tools to bring the groups closer together but they don’t. And as if that’s not bad enough they nerf non stop damage skill, making raids in essence harder to success (less dps on same hp boss).

In this topic i only see ‘raid only’ elitist, among very few others.

Best solution: make raids more accessible (not easier doh, just make tools so that all levels of skilled players find each other easely). Punish ‘show LI or go home’ kind of treatment, otherwise it will never go away this culture. This culture kills for a lot of (decent to very good) players to not succeed raid.

Second best solution: If above doesn’t work (lemme guess by WoW, i’t wont): Bring rewards more spread for both groups.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

All this ppl in ‘raid only guilds’… luckers. You litteraly have paradise of raids loot at your feed. 10 capable ppl, coordination, best build checkup, skill of player checkup = 90% chance to win a raid boss in 3 attempts.

Joining a raid only guild, punishes joining other guilds (pvp, wvw, pve, dungeon, fractal). So as a ‘everything-gw2 player’ i cannot forsake those modes. I have no problem killing VG, overall it’s piece of cake fight (I might make a mistake here and there, but most of time noone, and if i make one often not a crucial one), other players make much more mistakes (like not dodging blue).

Now with that theory out of the way: RAid only guild: garanteed succes 9 legendary insight a week, but they suck in the rest of game (hence they complain t6 mats). They build a wall, around themself to throw of anyone they think is a noob, to protect their speedclear of LI. Hence they create a void where lots of players cannot join raids (yes this responsibilty is to you elite raid only guilds a lot).

Then the other ppl NEEDING to pug in their situation to even find raid: Less c apable players, less coordinations, less gear check (ascended trinket especially in viper etc), less often online at same time, you name it. With each parameter the chance of success drops. With that in mind 10+ attempts often are needed (and sometimes still fail) to kill raid boss. Most of these ppl pve enough to have stacks of t6 mat. But LI is growing superior slow on them (even 1 legendary armor piece will become hard at their pace).

Result: two groups: completely opposite of each other, and Anet favors one completely, the other not at all. What’s more they have tools to bring the groups closer together but they don’t. And as if that’s not bad enough they nerf non stop damage skill, making raids in essence harder to success (less dps on same hp boss).

In this topic i only see ‘raid only’ elitist, among very few others.

Best solution: make raids more accessible (not easier doh, just make tools so that all levels of skilled players find each other easely). Punish ‘show LI or go home’ kind of treatment, otherwise it will never go away this culture. This culture kills for a lot of (decent to very good) players to not succeed raid.

Second best solution: If above doesn’t work (lemme guess by WoW, i’t wont): Bring rewards more spread for both groups.

Luckers? I believe most of us have worked for many many hours to achieve “90% chance to win a raid boss in 3 attempts”, no luck involved.

You can have up to 5 guilds, why would joining a “raid only” guild (is this a new thing? because as far as I know most top raid guilds also do some other stuff than raids) punish you for joining a PvP guild?

You throw base-less assumptions all over, who’s elitist now?

As I see it, your comment TL:DRs to: “I’m too lazy to do raids but I still want the rewards, veteran raiders are mean for not carrying me!”

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Joining a raid only guild, punishes joining other guilds (pvp, wvw, pve, dungeon, fractal). …

…but they suck in the rest of game

I don’t know, most people in raid guilds do daily fractals and to a certain degree dungeons. And many people in raid guilds are in high pvp leagues. But yeah, lets just throw in unproven statements and be salty.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

eldrin.6471

for players using the lfg to find people to raid 150 is a far bigger mountain to climb than it is for those in organized raiding guilds, and is way out of proportion to any other task required for any other legendary. How meany fails does the average player using only lfg have before they get one kill and one insight?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

for players using the lfg to find people to raid 150 is a far bigger mountain to climb than it is for those in organized raiding guilds, and is way out of proportion to any other task required for any other legendary. How meany fails does the average player using only lfg have before they get one kill and one insight?

Raids were never meant to be done with LFG, the lfg category was only added because people insisted on pugging raids.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

eldrin.6471

maybe they should deduct an insight for every fail and keep us scrubs away from legendary armor all together.how dare we aspire to have the same gear as the pro raiders.

Coconut.7082

maybe they should deduct an insight for every fail and keep us scrubs away from legendary armor all together.how dare we aspire to have the same gear as the pro raiders.

Great idea!!

For me, doing word completion is a far bigger mountain to climb (true story) than getting 150 LI, and is way out of proportion to any other task required for any other legendary armor \ backpack. And that’s the reason I don’t have any legendary weapon.
I think Gift of Exploration should be easier to obtain, just because I’m a lazy person.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I agree that 150 LI is too much. Either way I’ll forward this to their team for consideration.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

I agree that 150 LI is too much. Either way I’ll forward this to their team for consideration.

Why is it too much? Any legendary item should be a longtime goal, and given that wing 3 is so easy and i think pretty soon in a puggable state, with bandit trio and valeguard this makes 5 legendary insights that are really easy to get per week for everyone who is willing to put at least a little bit of effort into the game and knows a bit more than what skill 1 on his bar does.
If you then consider that (as it seems) you can get the single armor pieces on their own and don’t need to craft the whole armor as a whole, then you need five weeks for one piece of armor if you only get the easy insights every week. And by doing the easy insights every week people will eventually get better and learn to know people and maybe will be able to do the other bosses as well.
In my opinion the number of 150 insights shouldn’t be lowered, since legendary armor should be legendary.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

eldrin.6471

what have grind and time gates got to do with legendary. the raids were ment to be the challenging content not grinding out unreasonable number of kills.

Swagger.1459

54 is a good number peeps, considering crafting is done by weight and the overall costs. That’s doing the full raid 6x, and pretty reasonable looking at all the factors.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

Luckers? I believe most of us have worked for many many hours to achieve “90% chance to win a raid boss in 3 attempts”, no luck involved.

You can have up to 5 guilds, why would joining a “raid only” guild (is this a new thing? because as far as I know most top raid guilds also do some other stuff than raids) punish you for joining a PvP guild?

As I see it, your comment TL:DRs to: “I’m too lazy to do raids but I still want the rewards, veteran raiders are mean for not carrying me!”

I wouldn’t say “no luck invovled”. Getting into a group that can consistently sit together to play few times a week for several hours do require a certain level of luck, not to mention you need to keep this group “alive” for four(?) months to get the legendary. If you had this luck then without a question, raiding is/was a lot easier for you than for those who for any reason aren’t part of this kind of group.

Swagger.1459

Why is it too much? Any legendary item should be a longtime goal, and given that wing 3 is so easy and i think pretty soon in a puggable state, with bandit trio and valeguard this makes 5 legendary insights that are really easy to get per week for everyone who is willing to put at least a little bit of effort into the game and knows a bit more than what skill 1 on his bar does.
If you then consider that (as it seems) you can get the single armor pieces on their own and don’t need to craft the whole armor as a whole, then you need five weeks for one piece of armor if you only get the easy insights every week. And by doing the easy insights every week people will eventually get better and learn to know people and maybe will be able to do the other bosses as well.
In my opinion the number of 150 insights shouldn’t be lowered, since legendary armor should be legendary.

150 is completely unreasonable considering it costs thousands of gold as well for just 1 weight.

The only reason Anet makes decisions like these it to prolong the life of content and we can see it in many parts of the game. Playing should be fun. Achieving rewards should be reasonable. Killing 150 bosses is far from a legendary “journey”, it’s more of a legendary annoyance.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We’ve not been given any indication that a raid will have its own legendary insight. Will people still feel the same way a year or two from now when we have over 4 raids? Assuming that each raid has 9 bosses, that would be 36 LI per week if all raids are cleared which means 150 LI in about 4 weeks.

Rising Dusk.2408

No legendary item thus far requires 4 months of time gated activities with no missed bosses per week. If you were to do only 5 bosses out of the 9 it would take upwards of 7 months just for this part of the legendary! I have no intention of belaboring the point beyond this one post, but the tediousness of collecting just this one element is incomparable to anything else in the game (even the PvP legendary requires at most 2 months of time-gated dailies!). I say all of this as someone already over 100 LI’s and well on my way to the 150 mark; it’s just too much.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Malediktus.9250

No legendary item thus far requires 4 months of time gated activities with no missed bosses per week. If you were to do only 5 bosses out of the 9 it would take upwards of 7 months just for this part of the legendary! I have no intention of belaboring the point beyond this one post, but the tediousness of collecting just this one element is incomparable to anything else in the game (even the PvP legendary requires at most 2 months of time-gated dailies!). I say all of this as someone already over 100 LI’s and well on my way to the 150 mark; it’s just too much.

A set of armor is 6 pieces. So its not 4 month for one item, but 2,66 weeks per legendary item.

Ayrilana.1396

A set of armor is 6 pieces. So its not 4 month for one item, but 2,66 weeks per legendary item.

I was just about to comment about that.

Posted by: Isildruen.6895

Isildruen.6895

Well I am pretty happy that at least some Player See the point that grinding 150 LI is not something “Legendary”.
It is a Grind.
How about a proof that you are capable of killing each Raid boss (aka Legendary Armor achievement) and then some more kills are required, e.g. 54 LI or 90 LI or at the very most 120 LI.
Or add a possibility that you can buy e.g. 1 LI per 50 Magnetite Shards etc.
Well I don’t think Anet will do something about it.
Why? Because they need their Ressources somewhere else (aka NOT at new Legendary weapons e.g.) and thus do not have the Ressources to add Content that keeps people Busy for a long time without involving any grinding.

Rising Dusk.2408

That is a distinction I simply don’t agree with making at this time. Even ANet has made it a point to describe a set of legendary armor as a unit akin to a single legendary weapon.

Ayrilana.1396

Well I am pretty happy that at least some Player See the point that grinding 150 LI is not something “Legendary”.
It is a Grind.
How about a proof that you are capable of killing each Raid boss (aka Legendary Armor achievement) and then some more kills are required, e.g. 54 LI or 90 LI or at the very most 120 LI.
Or add a possibility that you can buy e.g. 1 LI per 50 Magnetite Shards etc.
Well I don’t think Anet will do something about it.
Why? Because they need their Ressources somewhere else (aka NOT at new Legendary weapons e.g.) and thus do not have the Ressources to add Content that keeps people Busy for a long time without involving any grinding.

It would be easier to buy the legendary armor that way as you can just pay a group to clear the raid for you. It players can do that currently to farm LI’s but it will be a rarity due to the cost (maybe 15K gold at rates I have seen people advertise in the past).

Ayrilana.1396

That is a distinction I simply don’t agree with making at this time. Even ANet has made it a point to describe a set of legendary armor as a unit akin to a single legendary weapon.

Each piece is crafted separately as far as we’re aware. It’s inherently no different than ascended armor where you can gradually craft pieces over time rather than wait the month or so to gather all of the time-gated materials for the full set.

eldrin.6471

legendary Armour is meant to be there as an incentive to raid.how the hell do they expect to attract new players into raids when the main reward takes this lvl of grind?
And anet said they had learned lessons from what happens with hot.Why do they feel the need to suck the fun out of everything they add to the game.learning and mastering a raid is fun,grinding it for four months for the reward is OMG what were they thinking.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Malediktus.9250

It is hardly a grind if you have to do each boss only once per week. Stop overusing the word grind…
4 months is completly fine for 6 legendaries, I am suprised the rest of the legendary is so cheap, too. It should have been 100 crystalline bars per armor piece and not for the whole set for example

eldrin.6471

It is hardly a grind if you have to do each boss only once per week. Stop overusing the word grind…
4 months is completly fine for 6 legendaries, I am suprised the rest of the legendary is so cheap, too. It should have been 100 crystalline bars per armor piece and not for the whole set for example

Its not 6 legendarys its 1 and supposed to be the equivalent of 1 legendary weapon based on what anet said,And the only reason most players are going back every week is to kill these bosses for the insights.grind is repeating content over and over long past the point you would have went and done something else,if you enjoy killing them over and over for months then to you its not grind,but please understand that is not how we all feal.

Malediktus.9250

Its not 6 legendarys its 1 and supposed to be the equivalent of 1 legendary weapon based on what anet said,And the only reason most players are going back every week is to kill these bosses for the insights.grind is repeating content over and over long past the point you would have went and done something else,if you enjoy killing them over and over for months then to you its not grind,but please understand that is not how we all feal.

It is 6 legendary items with roughly the amount of material costs as a HoT legendary. So Anet was not lieing. If it were me it would have the material costs as 6 legendaries to keep it legendary and not cheap like this.

Coconut.7082

I wouldn’t say “no luck invovled”. Getting into a group that can consistently sit together to play few times a week for several hours do require a certain level of luck, not to mention you need to keep this group “alive” for four(?) months to get the legendary. If you had this luck then without a question, raiding is/was a lot easier for you than for those who for any reason aren’t part of this kind of group.

Don’t kittening turn the hard work, me and other people spent a lot of time doing into “luck”! we were not lucky, we actually worked for this!
I’ve been in more than one group, saw groups fall apart, and yet I still continued raiding, I didn’t always have a stable group.
I started raiding late (took 1-2 month brake after SV came out) and pugged my way through just as much as anyone else!
And don’t kittening blame your incompetence (if there is any, not talking to you specifically, unlike some people here I don’t immediately jump into conclusions) on “bad luck”.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

it’s 4 months because of weekly gating, it’s not like you raid everyday for 4 months.

PvP needed 60days for backpiece, 4 month raid armor is totally fair.

Stop trying to casualize everything

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

eldrin.6471

Nobody is trying to casualize anything,we just want the LI and time gate brought down to a reasonable lvl.But of course those with almost enough insights will object,to them reasonable does not enter in to the equation ,they just want to keep the armour to themselves.Why should they care if it takes you or me a year to get it,or that it puts new people off ever getting into raids.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Chris McSwag.4683

The only scenario that where this is true is that you join random pugs, clear it and then decide to stick together. For anyone in a guild(you don’t need same 10 each week), luck has very little to do with it as they have take time to learn how to play decently, put effort into finding a guild followed by the joining process(trial, probation etc). it’s not like there is only one group and invites determined by rng, although someone busy portraying oneself as a victim may think so.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

Posted by: Shark Drake.9461

Shark Drake.9461

If it’s due to time restraints, all they need to do is raid for a few weeks more. What’s the problem?

Problem here is that I am someone with only 60 LI right now because I only started raiding since February and not getting all kills every week, and I also though that I only needed to be casual, kill each boss at least once, having a few LI and I’m done. But BAM, Anet demands 2 more months for getting perfect kills each week, and it’s gonna be more than 2 months for me because I can only get 5 or 6 insights each week at least, I spent more than 6 hours yesterday finding LFG and joining pug groups only to fail all, not getting a single kill.

(edited by Shark Drake.9461)

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

150 (25 per piece) is very fine. No changes needed. After all a set of armor is 6 pieces and should take a lot of effort to get 6 legendaries.

No, dont lower the LI, lower the insane amount of T6 mats…

Seconded!

Also disagree on this one. 100 T6 mats per legendary is not insane. It is very generous

Uhm… you do realise it’s 100 of each t6 per PIECE of armor, meaning you need 600 of each t6 mat for one full set of armor. Is that still generous?! What happened to “crafting a set of legendary armor will cost about the same as a legendary weapon”? Last I checked, a legendary weapon needs less than half that, or even a third (depending on which set of legendary weapon).

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

I really don’t get the problem, they said you will have enough once legendary armor is released and seeing how people already have 150 insights since yesterday and the armor isn’t released yet it seems like a reasonable number to me. Also giving us 4 months time to get the 3k gold worth of materials seems fair to me, because like that you don’t really have to grind anything and the armor will just build itself lol.

I also don’t see how 2h a week are considered a grind have you guys ever played a mmo where you actually had to grind to get something?

eldrin.6471

This number of 150 insights has been balanced around those with premade groups or in organised raiding guilds who have been killing every single raid boss every single week since raids were launched.No thought what so ever has been given to any other type of raider or its efect on raids long term.But thats the sort of balance we have come to expect from anet.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Coconut.7082

This number of 150 insights has been balanced around those with premade groups or in organised raiding guilds who have been killing every single raid boss every single week since raids were launched.No thought what so ever has been given to any other type of raider or its efect on raids long term.But thats the sort of balance we have come to expect from anet.

Well, raids were not meant to pug, and shouldn’t be built around it.
Right now people with 60~ LI for example are complaining that 150 is too much, if they lowered it to, say 90, then people that only do 1 boss per week would complain that 90 is too much. There is no end to this!
You had plenty of time, plus the armor isn’t even out yet and you probably have at least another 1-2 months for it.. but, even waiting for an extra few weeks ,after armor is released, to get it wont kill you.
If you really cared that much about the armor you would prepare accordingly, after all we knew about the 150 LI right from the start.

fishball.7204

IF it was balanced around organized groups then the insights required would be over 250 because all of them are already reaching 150 now. They obviously thought of pugs when balancing and there are plenty of pugs with 100+ already because rather than complaining on the forums about the LI requirements, they actually go out and ya know, raid.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

eldrin.6471

balanced is not setting it at the maximum achievable in a given time,it should be some were in the middle. and how can you claim we new from the start about 150 when not long ago on reddit an anet dev said they were still working on balancing number of insights needed.well 150 isnt balanced.

Coconut.7082

balanced is not setting it at the maximum achievable in a given time,it should be some were in the middle. and how can you claim we new from the start about 150 when not long ago on reddit an anet dev said they were still working on balancing number of insights needed.well 150 isnt balanced.

But it’s not the maximum! it is something in the middle! people have 150 right now, and we still have time until armor release (as far as I can tell, could be even enough time to get from 0 to 150)!!
150 wasn’t officially confirmed but that has always been the estimated number, even before we had wings 2 & 3.

eldrin.6471

Maybe its balanced around the sale of runs that anet condones. But surely people are not that greedy they would come on these forums to argue for 150 insights just so they can then turn round and sell the runs to get those insights for crazy amounts of gold that will mostly come from players buying gems from the same people that set it at 150 in the first place.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Chris McSwag.4683

Problem here is that I am someone with only 60 LI right now because I only started raiding since February and not getting all kills every week, and I also though that I only needed to be casual, kill each boss at least once, having a few LI and I’m done. But BAM, Anet demands 2 more months for getting perfect kills each week, and it’s gonna be more than 2 months for me because I can only get 5 or 6 insights each week at least, I spent more than 6 hours yesterday finding LFG and joining pug groups only to fail all, not getting a single kill.

I don’t know why it needs to be pointed out in every single thread about raiding, but there are pretty simple solutions to your problem.
1. Start your own group
2. Join a guild that do raids(check this forum or Reddit). There are casual and hardcore ones and you have 5 guild slots. While not all are able to do all bosses consistently, it’s less work to pug 2 bosses than 9.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

eldrin.6471

The best players from the best raiding guilds are only just getting close to 150 LI now after killing every single available raid boss every week since the launch of raids.sure thing 150 LI balanced.

fishball.7204

Legendary armor still has a couple of months at least before it comes out. By then people would have 250+ maximum insights.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

eldrin.6471

Using the maximum number attainable in any given time frame buy a few dedicated raiding guilds and players to argue that 150 li is balanced and attainable with reasonable effort by the average raider is just ridiculous.