[Request] Please lower LI for Legendary Armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

But is it really? We have legendary weapon collections taking at least up to three months if you don’t end up buying the ascended materials or get them from other sources, where they’re still random drops. In the same way, you can buy raids; of course, it’s much more expensive, but a lot more effort goes into it too.

I’m not ignoring the rest of your post, I just want to respond to this part in particular. You can buy T7 crafting materials from the TP, and while you can buy raids you can’t speed up the time gate at all. At most you can still only acquire 9 LIs a week, which doesn’t alleviate the time gate. This is completely in contrast to the legendary precursor collections where you can buy all 90+ (or whatever) T7 materials you need right away.

Let me sell/buy LIs on the TP and I’ll retract my complaint about the time gate of the current requirement, but somehow I don’t think many raiders would actually want that to be an option.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

You are so predictable. I knew without a doubt you would come back with the whole “prove it” remark. You know full well it cannot be proven NOR disproved. Talk about being disingenuous. Actually I only heard one person comment about it in map chat. And yes I know that’s not a majority.

It’s predictable because it’s the obvious response. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad argument. You challenged me to show that something you said was wrong, and I did.

In a game where gold or items have value. Then acquisition of such takes precedent, to some above generosity, compassion and even willingness to help others without personal gain unto themselves. Even more so when anonymity is involved. Typical human behavior.

If I sounded like I was being disrespectful to those I believe who exercised there right to take advantage of the system. Then I was wrong on that. I thought I was merely saying it does exist.

Sure some people are like that, but I haven’t heard of anyone supporting the current LI requirement because they want money, nor have I had any interactions which lead me to believe that would be the case.

You are correct, I shouldn’t have used the word majority. Fact is I have no idea how many there are and fact is neither do you.

You’re right neither of us know anything for certain, so why try to stir kitten up by implying that people selling raids are trying to screw “regular” raiders over by encouraging a high LI requirement? I don’t get it.

Furthermore, even though I don’t know peoples’ thoughts with 100% certainty, I likely have a better grasp of the situation than you do since I actually, you know, am involved with people that sell raids. I’m also the only person in this thread that you know for sure has sold raids and I said it should be lowered.

It sounds like you have already convinced yourself that
A. No one wants LI to be high to take advantage of others.
B. There is not a group of people who will use this to their advantage of others.
C.. Legendary armor is prestigious yet it maintains its prestige even when purchased.

A. I specifically said that some people probably want the LI to be high in an earlier post. However, even if that is the case there is no indication that those people are actually taking any steps to keep the requirement high.
B. Obviously people are using it to their advantage, I am one of those people. I have made gold from selling raids. I have obviously never disputed this. I can’t tell if you’re suggesting that this is taking advantage of those people, but if so then I would say that I don’t see why selling a service is taking advantage of someone.
C. I’m not sure whether I think this or not but I’m also not sure what it has to do with anything?

I used no and not above because at first you said probably some, then further down you attempt to imply none.
None of which I agree with. No need to respond to this, we are done discussing it as far as I’m concerned. At this point all I can do is agree to disagree.

I’ll see you at the secret raid guilds meeting at anet HQ. Over and out.

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

I’ll see you at the secret raid guilds meeting at anet HQ. Over and out.

Why did you tell him about the meeting!? Now he might discover the master plan!

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I don’t mind the LI
It’s the other time gated materials that aren’t fun to get (provisioner token) that I have a problem with.

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

The problem isn’t specifically about needing 150, but the degree of difficulty in getting them in a timely manner.

I don’t think its that far a stretch to say the average player will only be able to get 1-4 per week. Putting the grind somewhere between 9 months and 3 years, which considering is HoT content puts completion into the next expansion or very close.

It should be 1 per boss per day, max 9-15 weekly. If you only do VG you can get 7 weekly, this entices you to try for other bosses but doesn’t flat out screw you if you can’t.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

150 (25 per piece) is very fine. No changes needed. After all a set of armor is 6 pieces and should take a lot of effort to get 6 legendaries.

No, dont lower the LI, lower the insane amount of T6 mats…

Seconded!

Also disagree on this one. 100 T6 mats per legendary is not insane. It is very generous

Uhm… you do realise it’s 100 of each t6 per PIECE of armor, meaning you need 600 of each t6 mat for one full set of armor. Is that still generous?! What happened to “crafting a set of legendary armor will cost about the same as a legendary weapon”? Last I checked, a legendary weapon needs less than half that, or even a third (depending on which set of legendary weapon).

HoT legendary weapons are consistently 3-3.3k gold. The 6 Gifts of Condenses Might and Magic, at current prices, will be around 2400-2600g. Including other costs, 3000g seems to be the rough cost of the Legendary Armor set.

There’s your comparison. HoT legendaries were what Anet probably had in mind when they said 1 weapon = 1 armor set. Core legendary prices are all over the place, from around 1000g to craft underwater weapons, to upwards of 2.4k gold for the greatswords, excluding Eternity.

This is not actually correct, the armor would be more than 3k gold. Let’s assume you are correct about the cost of the mats for the fortune gift (t6, t5, t4 and t3) and say it’s 2500g. To this you add (TP buy order price):

100 crystalline ingots=100 amalgamated gemstones+100 ectos=213g+47g=260g
90 mystic clovers=288 mystic coins+288 ectos (average wiki costs, may vary)=190+135g=325g
faction provisioner tokens=about 200-250g for 300 of them, I calculated approximately based on the buy price of one of the items and ignoring the high-priced apothecary items, price can vary but I won’t calculate now since it’s way too elaborate. I used weapons to get mine, but I haven’t kept track of the cost unfortunately.
6 cubes of stabilised dark energy=450 stabilising matrixes=100g+6g ascended salvaging tools (this is assuming you salvage the full set of free ascended armor you get for the balls of dark energy)

And this are the costs we actually know at this point, I am almost positive there will be other costs as well, so far we haven’t seen any mention of stuff like icy runestones.

Add to them the account bound mats (map mats, hundreds of obsidian shards) and the money you are losing by not monetising the spirit shards, and the value goes way up.

Granted you get something back from the clover recipe, I can’t calculate exactly how much, but overall the value will go well beyond 3k gold.

EDIT: I forgot to add the 80g spent on the recipes for the new smaller gifts of fortune (10g per from MF merchant)…

(edited by SkyFallsInThunder.8257)

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Faction provisioner weapons are much cheaper crafted. Approximately Should be about 60-70s per token.
Icy runestones won’t be needed. The recipes for upgrading to Legendary is known. Condensed Might/Magic are the biggest cost, period.

Equivalent value of non-buyable things for karma/spirit shards/whatever – these are true for Legendary weapons as well. Recipe cost of of buying from Miyani is also the same for those, since legendary weapons require condensed might/magic.

All materials needed for full set: http://dulfy.net/2016/06/17/gw2-legendary-armor-collection-crafting-guide/#Total_Materials These recipes are in-game and most likely final.

The things you mention, overestimated, add up to about 3300g. There’s nothing more to account for beyond that, unless you deliberately want to include the equivalent value of every little thing, which people value differently. Some people may see 750 spirit shards in terms of shards -> gold, but I see it as something dirt cheap that I have never been able to get rid of – the more I spend it, the more I seem to remain at 750.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

anet new only 5% of players could do raids.did they not know the rest 95% would still want that legendary armour and some would buy gems from them to get it.
anet set the price at 150 insights over 34000g= £2000 UK

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Coconut.7082

anet new only 5% of players could do raids.did they not know the rest 95% would still want that legendary armour and some would buy gems from them to get it.

You can’t make everyone happy.
I’m pretty sure Anet does not balance the armor according to people that want to buy the insights.

Rashy.4165

The buying/selling price of insights isn’t set by ArenaNet, the players set that. If you want to blame anyone, blame the raid sellers.

Insights can be essentially free (aside from the time commitment) if more players made the effort to raid, and it really does not take as much effort as people claim. I’ve only been raiding for just over 7 weeks, and I can clear all three wings in 2 nights at 2-3 hours per night. (Aside from Xera, but she’s not much difficult from other Wing 3 bosses).

eldrin.6471

who gets the real money that buys the gems to get the gold to pay for the raid runs?
who locked legendary armour behind raids?
who set the difficulty so only 5% could do raids?
who set the price at 150 insights?
who condones the selling of runs?

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

The problem isn’t specifically about needing 150, but the degree of difficulty in getting them in a timely manner.

I don’t think its that far a stretch to say the average player will only be able to get 1-4 per week. Putting the grind somewhere between 9 months and 3 years, which considering is HoT content puts completion into the next expansion or very close.

It should be 1 per boss per day, max 9-15 weekly. If you only do VG you can get 7 weekly, this entices you to try for other bosses but doesn’t flat out screw you if you can’t.

Everyone knew legendary armour was going to be raid exclusive so you have had many months to get as much LI as possible. If people are just starting now then what have they been doing this whole time? If they have not had the initiative to look for a guild or form a guild or even get a bunch of friends to casually do it then they can’t come here asking for it to be lowered.

RP enthusiast

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

who gets the real money that buys the gems to get the gold to pay for the raid runs?

Your theory that anet is using raids and legendary armor to promote gem sales is all cool (it really isn’t) but where do you get 5%? Also, how can you be sure that only 5% can actually do raids? With all the complaints about raids from people who haven’t even properly tried them, I’m sure half the people who claim they can’t do them just can’t be kitten d and want the easy way out.
I’m not gonna say raids are easy for everyone because that they are not, but they are on a reasonable, albeit higher level of difficulty. I can tell you that everyone who is capable of playing GW2 at a normal level is able to get the required LIs, if they try enough.

eldrin.6471

Your theory that anet is using raids and legendary armor to promote gem sales is all cool (it really isn’t) but where do you get 5%? Also, how can you be sure that only 5% can actually do raids? With all the complaints about raids from people who haven’t even properly tried them, I’m sure half the people who claim they can’t do them just can’t be kitten d and want the easy way out.
I’m not gonna say raids are easy for everyone because that they are not, but they are on a reasonable, albeit higher level of difficulty. I can tell you that everyone who is capable of playing GW2 at a normal level is able to get the required LIs, if they try enough.

I have never once said anet would involve themselves in the selling of legendary s for real cash.i just asked a few questions.Anet just sell the gems.and i get the 5% doing raids from these here forums .Does it matter what the exact percentage is.this thread was opened to ask anet to please reduce what some think is a excessive time gate and grind of LI 150.
I also dont know the exact percentage of those that come on this thread supporting 150 LI that are the same people selling these raid runs for obscene amounts of gold.
And again exact percentage doesn’t matter.What matters is that give or take a few percent everything i have said is true.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

To be honest I’m not really sure if I want a full legendary set or maybe just some pieces spread between light/medium/heavy set.

It really depends on skin and final effect, ok switching stats is cool but without switching runes I dunno if this feature is worth 600gold + or – just for one piece.

So 25 LI each is different from 150 LI once.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

Posted by: agrante.2810

agrante.2810

I think getting LI consistently for 50 weeks to get 3 legendary sets is acceptable for an armor deemed ‘legendary’.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I have never once said anet would involve themselves in the selling of legendary s for real cash.i just asked a few questions.Anet just sell the gems.and i get the 5% doing raids from these here forums .Does it matter what the exact percentage is.this thread was opened to ask anet to please reduce what some think is a excessive time gate and grind of LI 150.
I also dont know the exact percentage of those that come on this thread supporting 150 LI that are the same people selling these raid runs for obscene amounts of gold.
And again exact percentage doesn’t matter.What matters is that give or take a few percent everything i have said is true.

Neither did I, no idea where you got that from. I might’ve misunderstood you, but the first question sounds like “remember that anet gets the money other people buy gems with so they can get gold to buy raids”

We also don’t know the exact percentage of players who are opposed to 150 LIs or those who simply do not care. As I’ve already shown, the time gate is fine imo. If it was twice that or something I’d probably be opposed to it, but it’s just gonna get easier over time.

eldrin.6471

Of course it will get easier over time for those who already find it easy.going from 100 to 150 will be a walk over.fFor anyone thinking of just getting into raids to get themselves a nice new set of legendary armor then they face the time spent trying to find a group plus all the fails then this massive unnecessary grind will probably be a tad off putting.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Rashy.4165

Of course it will get easier over time for those who already find it easy.going from 100 to 150 will be a walk over.fFor anyone thinking of just getting into raids to get themselves a nice new set of legendary armor then they face the time spent trying to find a group plus all the fails then this massive unnecessary grind will probably be a tad off putting.

That’s their problem. Many of us who are consistently raiding put in the effort, dealt with the problems head-on, and came out on top. If people are unwilling to put in the same amount of effort, then that’s on them. This isn’t an unnecessary grind, as Legendary armor wasn’t targeted at everyone. The intention behind the Insight requirement was so that dedicated and successful raiders (who’ve worked hard towards that goal) can get it fairly easily, and that is true.

Quote from a dev in a Reddit AMA:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48zlyd/im_mike_obrien_here_with_gw2_dev_team_ama/d0nx80s

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

That’s their problem. Many of us who are consistently raiding put in the effort, dealt with the problems head-on, and came out on top. If people are unwilling to put in the same amount of effort, then that’s on them. This isn’t an unnecessary grind, as Legendary armor wasn’t targeted at everyone. The intention behind the Insight requirement was so that dedicated and successful raiders (who’ve worked hard towards that goal) can get it fairly easily, and that is true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48zlyd/im_mike_obrien_here_with_gw2_dev_team_ama/d0nx80s

I agree with you, but I would like to add a disclaimer;

It can be somewhat inaccurate to say “worked hard”. I have not “worked hard” at all in my opinion — I have just been playing raids and having fun — but I am still close to 150 LI’s. It isn’t a matter of “work” so much as…“persistence”? No, that word doesn’t quite fit either. The point I’m trying to make is Raiding doesn’t have to be a job/chore. Really, it’s a super fun experience that is awesome to do every week! And before you know it, you’ll be on your way to getting legendary armor in addition to having fun.

If that makes any sense.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

Saying legendary armor wasn’t targeted at everyone is laughable. I can see the $$$ floating above Anets metaphorical head.

Those that put the effort in did so out of self satisfaction and will get first dibs at the armor, nothing more.

4 month time gate is very long, there is no reasonable justification why the average player shouldn’t be able to complete it in the minimum amount of time or moderately close to it.

Rashy.4165

I agree with you, but I would like to add a disclaimer;

It can be somewhat inaccurate to say “worked hard”. I have not “worked hard” at all in my opinion — I have just been playing raids and having fun — but I am still close to 150 LI’s. It isn’t a matter of “work” so much as…“persistence”? No, that word doesn’t quite fit either. The point I’m trying to make is Raiding doesn’t have to be a job/chore. Really, it’s a super fun experience that is awesome to do every week! And before you know it, you’ll be on your way to getting legendary armor in addition to having fun.

If that makes any sense.

I suppose it depends on when you start. If you started raiding from the beginning, then it’s not too hard as you learned with everyone else. I started late, so I had some trouble getting into raids initially, and I had to push myself a bit harder to learn mechanics quicker to get to the point where I’m at now. It also took a fair bit of convincing to let groups give me a chance (failing that, I got into a guild and proved that I was a quick learner and joined a static team). It is a fun experience if you treat it as such. I certainly enjoy raiding every week and try to raid often as possible (including helping people out once I’ve gotten my weekly kill).

My point is, it takes some effort to get into raids and to get to the point where you can clear bosses consistently, while keeping the experience fun.

(edited by Rashy.4165)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Saying legendary armor wasn’t targeted at everyone is laughable. I can see the $$$ floating above Anets metaphorical head.

Those that put the effort in did so out of self satisfaction and will get first dibs at the armor, nothing more.

4 month time gate is very long, there is no reasonable justification why the average player shouldn’t be able to complete it in the minimum amount of time or moderately close to it.

Four months for six individual pieces of legendary armor.

Rashy.4165

4 months is the initial time-gate. The more raids they release, the faster it will be. The raid team has pretty good momentum as it is, so I don’t see them slowing down any time soon. Legendary insights will be easier to get as time goes on. With one more raid wing, we’ll be down to 3 months. With 2 more wings, it’ll be down to 10 weeks. With two full raids (if they maintain 3 wings per raid), that’ll be 2 months.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Average player……. legendary armor…… gg mate, nice one.
Seriously WTF is everyone acting so entitled lately and thinks every player should have access to everything? If you cannot put in the required effort or don’t have enough skill, you don’t get the armor. It’s as simple as that.
If every scrub and their grandma have access to it, we may as well rename it to average armor, because there’s nothing legendary about something that average player can acquire.
I am already sick of people running around with legendaries and not even knowing how to play. Tying legendary armor to raids was the best idea, only thing I’m missing is a personal skill check (because you can buy runs from other people or simply get carried).

eldrin.6471

Accessibility is exactly the problem. i pay 2000g a week for nine insights. this is not because of the difficulty of most of the raid bosses but rather i cant find a group in a reasonable time that i can do the bosses with.30-40 hrs per insight is just to much,so i pay.Its a frigging joke the way they have set this whole thing up and difficulty of the bosses is the least of your problems. But well done you guys with your raiding guilds or friends that raid there is plenty players out there that you and anet can milk every week.some who can do the content,but dont ever give them a slot for free will you.Greed at it finest.
And some of them have the cheek to come on here and defend it.150 LI is totally fine for those that matter and for reasons stated theres no chance it will go lower.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Coconut.7082

Accessibility is exactly the problem. i pay 2000g a week for nine insights. this is not because of the difficulty of most of the raid bosses but rather i cant find a group in a reasonable time that i can do the bosses with.30-40 hrs per insight is just to much,so i pay.Its a frigging joke the way they have set this whole thing up and difficulty of the bosses is the least of your problems. But well done you guys with your raiding guilds or friends that raid there is plenty players out there that you and anet can milk every week.some who can do the content,but dont ever give them a slot for free will you.Greed at it finest.
And some of them have the cheek to come on here and defend it.150 LI is totally fine for those that matter and for reasons stated theres no chance it will go lower.

Yes, we are all such greedy people, but what can I do? I just love gold.
Did you know that we also intentionally show you wrong tactics and write impossible demands on LFG, just to make raids even more inaccessible?
The whole conspiracy is finally coming to light!

You want a slot for free? why should that happen?? nothing in this world is free.
Seeing your comments, I wish raids couldn’t even be sold.

eldrin.6471

Thats another solution to this whole problem.anet ban the selling of raid runs.
Get rid of the greed and a lot of the problems would go away.people might help each other.
But there is even less chance they will kill that cash cow than lower the LI requirement.
And of course knowing the mechanics shouldn’t get you a slot in a group when you could be paying them gold.If your not one of the boys you pay,thats just how it is.
And of course the nice folk at anet have got to make a living.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Coconut.7082

Thats another solution to this whole problem.anet ban the selling of raid runs.
But there is even less chance they will kill that cash cow than lower the LI requirement.
And of course knowing the mechanics shouldn’t get you a slot in a group when you could be paying them gold.If your not one of the boys you pay,thats just how it is.
And of course the nice folk at anet have got to make a living.

Banning it will definitely solve one problem wink wink

You are totally right, those who are not “lucky” (!!!) enough to be in a group or a guild have to pay for their slot in a group, when I search for members on LFG I always advertise my group like this, for example: “Sabetha 4/10, Exp only, 150 LI+, 100 Spiritquest Tonics+, Eternal, Slippery Slub, The Sunbringer titles only, OR 100g+ for joining (highest bidder)”

(edited by Coconut.7082)

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Banning selling would only mean that you’d get 0 insights per week eldrin, as you don’t want to join a guild or lack the skill to join a decent pug(how else would each boss take 40hrs lol). Paying 2000g per week financed by rl money and then complain should be a strong indicator of a gambling and/or other problems that you may want to seek assistance for

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

I thought 4 months for an average player was…well…average?

Most raiders don’t even care about the armour. I have no use for it because I have so many ascended sets. I do it because I enjoy raiding and having a goal to work towards.

RP enthusiast

eldrin.6471

4 months is the minimum time it will take to get 150 insights,the average player will take way longer than that.and a players desire for the new best armor in the game has nothing to do with there desire to raid.anet made the choice to introduce a new legendary armor set that they new everyone would want and lock it behind raids,they then locked it behind 150 insights.of course for some this leads to problems.they have intentionally or unintentionally now introduced the selling of raid runs for ridiculous amounts of gold.and by coincidence they sell gems that can be traded for that gold.
the people taking advantage of the situation are more than happy to take the gold. those parting with a lot of real money are maybe a bit disgusted by the whole situation.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

4 months is the initial time-gate. The more raids they release, the faster it will be. The raid team has pretty good momentum as it is, so I don’t see them slowing down any time soon. Legendary insights will be easier to get as time goes on. With one more raid wing, we’ll be down to 3 months. With 2 more wings, it’ll be down to 10 weeks. With two full raids (if they maintain 3 wings per raid), that’ll be 2 months.

First of all, I wouldn’t expect a new raid anytime soon. It’s true the raid team hasn’t been disbanded, but on contrary to a popular opinion, they worked for more than three months on each wing. They’ve been working on these well before HoT’s realease , they just decided to release them /wing.

Secondly, Forsaken Thicket is the place for Legendary Armor. It wouldn’t make sense for LI s to drop anywhere else and I don’t see why people think it would be logical to add it to every raid. I remember being mentioned future raids might reward us with Legendary trinkets , so probably instead if LI we get something that’s needed to craft those

Chris McSwag.4683

money grab? You’ll get a full set of legendary armor + a free ascended set(worth 800-1k g) for the price of a legendary weapon. Ascended set for free even.
No money purchases are required, and it is your choice to pay a mountain of gold for a cosmetic item with stat swap. You either put in effort to complete raids, pay to be carried or be happy with the 95% of the content that requires nothing

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

eldrin.6471

money grab? You’ll get a full set of legendary armor + a free ascended set(worth 800-1k g) for the price of a legendary weapon. Ascended set for free even.
No money purchases are required, and it is your choice to pay a mountain of gold for a cosmetic item with stat swap. You either put in effort to complete raids, pay to be carried or be happy with the 95% of the content that requires nothing

Yes of course its my choice to spend £2000+ for the new best armor in the game.
before raids and 150 insights there didnt used to be choices in this game cost me any were close to that sort of money.Do i know for a fact that this was intended?no i do not.
But to me it sure as hell looks that way.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Chris McSwag.4683

Best armor? It will have identical stats to ascended, but with unique skin and stat swap. As pointed out a million times already, you have unlimited access to the tools needed to find raid groups. It’s your choice to not use them

[eS] Ethereal Synergy

eldrin.6471

As has been stated meany times access to raids is far easier for some than others.
Therefore making acquiring the 150 insights a very difficult task for some.
hence the request that the number of LI needed be reduced.
The number of insights needed should not have been balanced around hard core raiders.
And in the ama the anet dev mentions balanced around raiding regular.wtf has raiding
regular got to do with killing every single raid boss every single week for a minimum of 4 months.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Ayrilana.1396

.l
The number of insights needed should not have been balanced around hard core raiders.

Why? Raids were designed for those that wanted a significantly more challenging experience in the game. Why shouldn’t the rewards be balanced towards them as well?

Edit: typo

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Rashy.4165

Secondly, Forsaken Thicket is the place for Legendary Armor. It wouldn’t make sense for LI s to drop anywhere else and I don’t see why people think it would be logical to add it to every raid. I remember being mentioned future raids might reward us with Legendary trinkets , so probably instead if LI we get something that’s needed to craft those

The logical thing to do would keep all of the Legendary armour recipes nearly identical except for the precursor (obtained through a thematic collection for each raid), as is the case with most of the gifts required for the Legendary weapons (except for HoT legendaries, where one of the gifts is tied to the final collection).

If you want to tie a legendary armour set to a particular raid, there is no better way to do that than the precursor collection and keep everything else identical.

Forsaken Thicket is a place for a SET of legendary armor, with a pair of collections to go with it (the first tied to the raid itself, and the second to open world activities). That format will most likely be repeated for future raids.

As for not expecting a future raid any time soon – Living Story Season 3 has been said to come with it’s own raid, and the timing of Season 3’s release (assume end of August) will be about 2.5 months after Wing 3 (additional 2-4 weeks to let the Season 3 story settle in before the new raid wing).

(edited by Rashy.4165)

Rashy.4165

And in the ama the anet dev mentions balanced around raiding regular.wtf has raiding
regular got to do with killing every single raid boss every single week for a minimum of 4 months.

You missed the second part of the quote: “regularly and successfully”. That should be self-explanatory, but let me spell it out:
Regular – do raids often during the week.
Successful – actually kill the bosses as opposed to wipe-farming VG every week.

Only the players who dedicate time to raiding and actually defeating bosses will be able to achieve the 150 LI.

If you choose to buy runs just because you don’t want to put in the effort to find a good raid group, learn the mechanics, and actually do the fights, that’s entirely on you. Don’t blame others.

eldrin.6471

Since when does regularly mean every single boss every single week since launch?
nothing to do with dedication and time,more a case of who you know.
and i buy runs because its the only way il get the insights needed

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Ayrilana.1396

Since when does regularly mean every single boss every single week since launch?
nothing to do with dedication and time,more a case of who you know.
and i buy runs because i cant be bothered wasting half my life on lfg as sadly the people that know the raids would rather take gold than let that same guy who knows the mechanics in there group.

Note that the dev also said “and successfully” which you left out.

You can also read Rashy’s post in its entirety as well.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

eldrin.6471

and what exactly is the point of being regular without success
the topic is exactly how regular is enough.
some think 150 is to regular.

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

The logical thing to do would keep all of the Legendary armour recipes nearly identical except for the precursor (obtained through a thematic collection for each raid), as is the case with most of the gifts required for the Legendary weapons (except for HoT legendaries, where one of the gifts is tied to the final collection).

If you want to tie a legendary armour set to a particular raid, there is no better way to do that than the precursor collection and keep everything else identical.

Forsaken Thicket is a place for a SET of legendary armor, with a pair of collections to go with it (the first tied to the raid itself, and the second to open world activities). That format will most likely be repeated for future raids.

As for not expecting a future raid any time soon – Living Story Season 3 has been said to come with it’s own raid, and the timing of Season 3’s release (assume end of August) will be about 2.5 months after Wing 3 (additional 2-4 weeks to let the Season 3 story settle in before the new raid wing).

Who said LS3 will come with a raid? I don’t remember anything about that.

Also if the next legendary armor is going to be locked behind raids too , well, you can guess what will happen.

Ayrilana.1396

and what exactly is the point of being regular without success
the topic is exactly how regular is enough.
some think 150 is to regular.

So a group that regularly fails at VG for months should get legendary armor?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

wow 2k gold each week. does that sound insane to anyone else?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Ayrilana.1396

wow 2k gold each week. does that sound insane to anyone else?

Some people can make that much in game although he did say he buys the gold. I’m more shocked that he’s paying 2K when it really shouldn’t be more than 1K.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I like the fact that it requires 150 LI. It keeps it mostly in the hands of better players by making it super expensive to buy that many. Now I could get behind speeding up the process by allowing you to get a second insight off each boss so long as you have killed everything. So if you killed all the bosses you could go fight trio again for another LI. Then in order to get a 3rd insight off of trio you would need to complete all the bosses again.

I am just really hoping that in the second achievement for the precursor armor that there is a set that requires personal skill that no one can help you with so that anyone in the armor you know is a good player.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I am just really hoping that in the second achievement for the precursor armor that there is a set that requires personal skill that no one can help you with so that anyone in the armor you know is a good player.

Exactly, I hope so. However based on what Anet did so far, the chances are very low. Either there’s gonna be a stupid bug that allows you to join someone who does it for you (like SAB trib mode) or there’s gonna be a bug that allows you to cheeze it without any kind of difficulty (like Liadri lifesteal). Or they’re not gonna bother with a solo challenge at all (which is most likely), since this is the easiest and the most casual game that ever existed and they do what most people want from them -> zerg and spam AA to win.

@eldrin:
Buying runs is an unintended oversight and noone cares about it. The legendary armor was designed around people who play the game the intended way and actually do raids, rather than just paying someone else to carry them through. Of course you’re perfectly welcome to do so if you wish, but you have no right to complain about the expense since you’re abusing an oversight and not playing the game the way it was meant. Also you should prepare for the fact that you may have to pay a lot more, since it’s very likely that future steps of legendary armor crafting will require tasks that are way above your skill level. I don’t mean to belittle you or your skill, but the fact is legendary armor (at least this set) was not designed for people like you. Casual players are not meant to be able to obtain it and if you choose to go for it anyway, it will be very costly.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I think it should be 15. Anet has to realize that killing boss once is already a great feast of skill and cooperation, but doing it 150 times is just too much. I spent a lot of time in raids, I acquired some good skills and had lot of fun, yet I have just 15 LI (stuck at Slothasor for weeks now or we don’t have the numbers to raid ). But I think 25 is just right for ArenaNet’s philosophy for grinding exclusives, so I don’t expect any change.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)