[Request] Please lower LI for Legendary Armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

I have came to realise 150 is the perfect number of legendary grindsights.
these raiders are only 5% of the games population and the guys with a lot of insights 100+are a small fraction of that and work hard for there egos.
imagine the horror while they stand posing in lions arch,some scrub not close to there awsomeness walks buy wearing the same legendary armour.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

I think it should be 15. Anet has to realize that killing boss once is already a great feast of skill and cooperation, but doing it 150 times is just too much. I spent a lot of time in raids, I acquired some good skills and had lot of fun, yet I have just 15 LI (stuck at Slothasor for weeks now or we don’t have the numbers to raid ). But I think 25 is just right for ArenaNet’s philosophy for grinding exclusives, so I don’t expect any change.

“I have 8 LI, so I think it should be 8.”
Why don’t everyone here write the exact amount of LI you have, and state that it should be that number?, just because, reasons…

I have came to realise 150 is the perfect number of legendary grindsights.
these raiders are only 5% of the games population and the guys with a lot of insights are a small fraction of that and work hard for there egos.
imagine the horror of seeing some player who you know is not even close to your awsomeness wearing the same armour as you.

You are completely right! why would all those other peasants have it?

What you scrubs people don’t understand is that the game does not have to adapt to each of your personal needs. You adapt to the kittening game!

eldrin.6471

why should anet make the game we paid for?your right,they should take our money and make the game for the skilled and eleet players,that 5% deserves it.

Yeah, you paid for the game so Anet should do everything you want.

Personally, I always wanted to play a Unicorn, I paid 60 kittening $ for this game!!!, why isn’t there a Unicorn playable race?!?! Take care of this immediately Anet!

No my dear chap im talking about the 95% of players with no interest in raids .
im talking about 100% of players paying for content for 8 months for 5% of the player base.But as i said im now ok with 150 legendary grindsights its what a tinny portion of players seem to want and anet is all about minority interests.

I’m glad I convinced you that 150 is a fine number, with that I assume you will now stop commenting on the subject

as for legendary grindsights 150 is a fitting number.
as for you shutting me up,i think not
you never know if the thread goes on long enough anet might take time out from developing minority content and read it.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

eldrin.6471

Yes im convinced there are a tinny fraction of players playing this game that are more than happy that anet has developed content solely for them in the last 8 months and balanced the number of legendary grindsights needed for legendary armour around keeping the bulk of players far away from the chosen fews rewards and maybe making a few $$$$$ in the process.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Yes im convinced there are a tinny fraction of players playing this game that are more than happy that anet has developed content solely for them in the last 8 months and balanced the number of legendary grindsights needed for legendary armour around keeping the bulk of players far away from the chosen fews rewards and maybe making a few $$$$$ in the process.

You seem to be a bit confused, let me clear a few things up for ya.
1) The team making raids is actually very small. The fact that we’ve gotten more raid content than anything else doesn’t mean Anet doesn’t care about casual events. It means the particular devs making raids are awesome, they work fast and are passionate about their work. You can hardly expect anyone to be nearly as passionate about making content where you zerg around and spam 1 to win.

2) I would hardy consider raids “elite” content. They are accesible by everyone, fairly easy (every encounter leaves a huge room for error), you can get geared up for it very quickly and there’s a lot of guides and experienced players out there. Just because some people refuse to adapt and sit on their PTV flamethrower camping engis/fullsignet bearbow rangers doesn’t make it hard. I’ve encountered literally hundreds of players refusing to change their build and playing something utterly useless that has no chance to be successful in raids. Is that Anet’s fault? Metabattle is out there accessible by everyone, you don’t even have to understand the build, just copypaste it.

3) For over 3 years I’ve seen Anet making casual content and nerfing it to the ground because people who play 1 hour a week come to forums and QQ how hard it is. This is the first time they’ve made something for serious players and suddenly the game is super unfriendly, hardcore, toxic and elite? You have a plethora of content that doesn’t require any skill or preparation, why do you fight so hard to take away the tiny 1% of the game that was designed for someone else? Is it so unacceptable for you to let anyone else have fun?

4) You’re not entitled to raid-exclusive rewards if you refuse to raid. Do you see me ranting on other forums that I don’t get PvP rewards if I don’t PvP? No. In order to obtain rewards, you have to play the game. Legendary armor gives no stat benefit over ascended, it is just shiny pack of pixels that says “I’ve raided for some time”, nothing more. If you give it out to every single player, it says nothing.
This is a game, noone is forcing you to play it. Noone is forcing you to play any particular gamemode either. But if you deliberately choose to ignore a gamemore altogether, you can’t possibly expect to be given appropriate rewards just because you paid for the game. That’s not how it works.

eldrin.6471

The vast majority of people playing this game provide the vast majority of anets income and seem to be unhappy with the choices and direction anet has taken guild wars 2.
anet claim to learn lessons but i just cant see what it is they think they have learned.
certainly not that most guild wars 2 players dont like grind.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I actually thought it will be 250 il to make into a new material for each piece of armor. when I found out 25 il each piece.. I was laughing in joy! xD

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

The vast majority of people playing this game provide the vast majority of anets income and seem to be unhappy with the choices and direction anet has taken guild wars 2.
anet claim to learn lessons but i just cant see what it is they think they have learned.
certainly not that most guild wars 2 players dont like grind.

To be honest, I am slightly worried that the next expansion’s zones will be even more face-roll easy than HoT’s zones are…

NSPride <3

eldrin.6471

That opinion does not reflect what most people playing HOT thought,hence it got nerfed.Anet is in the business of providing entertainment for a large mmo audience
that have supported them for years.They seem to have forgot what that audience like.
They gave us Tequatl the Sunless, and that still fills several maps every single day every 4 hours.Now they give us raids and all the bullkitten that goes with them and claim we asked for them. approximately 5% play them and they hail it a great success,ignoring the 95% that dont. But in the off chance some of that 95% might want to try raids to get that legendary armour they add in 150 legendary grindsights.stupid or gready im not sure.
maybe both.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

They gave us Tequatl the Sunless, and that still fills several maps every single day every 4 hours.

Funny how quick people are to forget that when Tequatl was first updated that many servers could not beat him for weeks. Now everyone thinks he’s easy mode now yet he was never nerfed according to Anet. The player base just got better.

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

I am player who is really ill rl. I like to play raids but i cant take part to pro raid guild , due to rl “rotation” . I manage to get 3-4 li per week if try hard. Should i also give up on legi armor coz im not capable of following the pace. I wish i could have chance but this number i know is to much for me. Its just how i feel wanted to say , wish u all gl.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I am player who is really ill rl. I like to play raids but i cant take part to pro raid guild , due to rl “rotation” . I manage to get 3-4 li per week if try hard. Should i also give up on legi armor coz im not capable of following the pace. I wish i could have chance but this number i know is to much for me. Its just how i feel wanted to say , wish u all gl.

I dont think Anet should go to the lowest possible denominator when it comes to legendary items. Besides if you can get only 4 LI (which is basically just the easiest bosses you can do) per week you still have 150 LI after just 37,5 weeks.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I dont think Anet should go to the lowest possible denominator when it comes to legendary items. Besides if you can get only 4 LI (which is basically just the easiest bosses you can do) per week you still have 150 LI after just 37,5 weeks.

so a 9 month time gate is ok.

right.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

eldrin.6471

right.

no its not ok,and a 4 month minimum time gate is bang out of order also.but we got folk on here that already got close to 150 from raiding guilds probably selling runs that do not want to loose that income claiming this 150 LI madness is ok.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

right.

A 4 month time gate, 9 month, or an entire year is perfectly fine for legendary armor. Actually for how legendaries should be they all should take way longer to get than they do now. Waiting on my fractal back piece was long especially since PvPers got theirs first. And for current raiders, we’ve had to wait for 8 months for the armor so far and it’s looking to be another 2-3 months which will take it close to an entire year. So 4-9 months looks extremely shorter in comparison.

Posted by: Robles.7458

Robles.7458

I agree that 150 LI are too many. I am in a guild in which many people only get 1 or 2 LI each week and since they would need more than 2 years for the legendary armor playing regularly, they say that they won´t do more raids if the price doesn´t change.

We were told that people who did raids “regularly and successfully” would have enough LI. So, what is the meaning of regularly and succesfully? To do 3 full wings for 4 months? I´m sorry, but I can´t believe that these words mean this. I can only think that were were told one thing and got a very different one.

(edited by Robles.7458)

Malediktus.9250

right.

It is only 9 months for the bad people. I kill all 9 bosses on several accounts because it is so easy compared to raids in other games.

eldrin.6471

right.

It is only 9 months for the bad people. I kill all 9 bosses on several accounts because it is so easy compared to raids in other games.

And we bow to your greatness,but anet should not have balanced the number of insights needed around the tinny. fraction of players like you

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

I play this game for fun aince beta. I manage to do all ls , jps, liadri, and many many other mods of game. Got even to 25k ap just by having fun. Now , reading some comments here i feel sad to see how inability of some of us to live gw2 should put us down , is sad. But let me ask , what would anyone lose looking at someone else gaining that , something ? Is your legendary less worth to you if you see me having same ? Is your world better if you are one who have everything looking down on others having little to nothing ? Is this game or simulation of rl?

Malediktus.9250

I play this game for fun aince beta. I manage to do all ls , jps, liadri, and many many other mods of game. Got even to 25k ap just by having fun. Now , reading some comments here i feel sad to see how inability of some of us to live gw2 should put us down , is sad. But let me ask , what would anyone lose looking at someone else gaining that , something ? Is your legendary less worth to you if you see me having same ? Is your world better if you are one who have everything looking down on others having little to nothing ? Is this game or simulation of rl?

Yes, legendary is worth less if everyone is/has legendary.
Same as real life. If everyone is a millionaire, noone is rich because the money will be worth nothing.

insanemaniac.2456

right.

did you ever buy 30 accounts on other games?

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

I only see people saying 2 things.

1. Look at all the time and effort I’ve already put in, how dare you suggest that it should be done in less.

Got news for you, we don’t care that you have 150 already, that you’ll have 200+ by the time its released. How much effort you put in to get ahead is not the topic at hand.

2. LI time gate defines the armor.

What about the other 50 achievements? You have to beat everything, and multiple times at that not even counting LI to get anywhere near the armor.

Do you think fractal journals define As Infinitum?

Time gates are there to prove…umm… that you have put a minimum amount of time into the game. I don’t even have that much of an issue with the 150 LI, but the ability to fairly acquire them should be present, something a weekly reset does not do.

insanemaniac.2456

2. LI time gate defines the armor.

What about the other 50 achievements? You have to beat everything, and multiple times at that not even counting LI to get anywhere near the armor.

Do you think fractal journals define As Infinitum?

Time gates are there to prove…umm… that you have put a minimum amount of time into the game. I don’t even have that much of an issue with the 150 LI, but the ability to fairly acquire them should be present, something a weekly reset does not do.

yeah. the time gate is the last thing that gets done because it takes too long. we have the opportunity to bash our heads against the metaphorical wall for 4 months worth of attempts at simply beating the rest of the bosses before any other single thing holds us back, and beating the bosses can be achieved within a couple weeks even if you suck. having to do it over and over and over and over doesnt make it interesting, it is the grind anet wants to avoid.

the fractal journals are the same. you can do everything but the 2 week time gate in each collection easily in 1 night even if you are bad, and then you sit on your kitten doing stupidly brainless low level fractals for 2 weeks before you can unlock the next collection and do a few more interesting / different things in 1 night again.

ascension is the same. the bulk of the meta achievements can be done in 1-4 days, except for the 15 day time gate that has you playing 3 per day. by the time you hit the 15th day, youve been done with the rest of that meta for a week minimum.

it isnt fun or legendary to do a menial repetitive task over and over for weeks or months, and the addition of these things to legendaries to prevent the top 10% of the richest players from completing legendaries quickly just because they got good at playing the game is a step backwards.

Posted by: xXBurningEmberXx.6085

xXBurningEmberXx.6085

M8 it’s LEGENDARY armour… The BEST armour in the game. It should be the equivilant to getting a legendary weapon. Please don’t make this like fractals where a net said that it’d be super hard content and then just turn it into a grind. It takes away from the status of legendary armour if everyone has it. Its supposed to take time and effort. Its not like the legendary armour is gonna give you stats either. Its just a skin and the ability to change the stats. Not like you NEED to get it.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Also if you don’t wanna grind 150 LI then wait for the non raid legendary armor which will come later.

This is a raid exclusive thing and it’s fine at 150 LI.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

M8 it’s LEGENDARY armour… The BEST armour in the game. It should be the equivilant to getting a legendary weapon. Please don’t make this like fractals where a net said that it’d be super hard content and then just turn it into a grind. It takes away from the status of legendary armour if everyone has it. Its supposed to take time and effort. Its not like the legendary armour is gonna give you stats either. Its just a skin and the ability to change the stats. Not like you NEED to get it.

By super hard content you mean beat the SAME bosses over and over again with long wait times in between? Or are you trying to say they get harder with each attempt?

That is the ideal, but the reality is that a lot of raids are fragmented and rarely get more then 1 boss before half leave and it starts a long rebuild process again. Making it hard to get to end bosses and extremely time consuming due to the very likely repeating wipes.

Also if you don’t wanna grind 150 LI then wait for the non raid legendary armor which will come later.

That is not eve a thing, they can barely get this armor out the door. It’ll be next expansion before that is even a figment of our imaginations.

(edited by Harddrive.2738)

eldrin.6471

we were told that if we had been regularly raiding successfully we wouldn’t need to grind.
but anet has a very different definition of the meaning of regular,to them its every single boss every single week since raids first launched.,and to those starting out its a minimum 4 month time gate if they can kill every single boss every week.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

we were told that if we had been regularly raiding successfully we wouldn’t need to grind.
but anet has a very different definition of the meaning of regular,to them its every single boss every single week since raids first launched.,and to those starting out its a minimum 4 month time gate if they can kill every single boss every week.

If you’re regularly raiding its not a grind to begin with…..

Look we all get you’re upset that your needs aren’t expressly being catered to, but that
doesn’t mean Anet lied to you.

eldrin.6471

Look we all get you’re upset that your needs aren’t expressly being catered to, but that

misleading isnt lieing. and i dont get why a few of you guys are so set on keeping the number of insights at 150.what difference would it really make to lower it to 90 or a 100.
or let us buy an extra one a week with margonite shards.
i suspect its because some folk are selling runs and are just greedy.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

misleading isnt lieing. and i dont get why a few of you guys are so set on keeping the number of insights at 150.what difference would it really make to lower it to 90 or a 100.

Are you still not able to handle a proper discussion? Stop repeating things that are not true.
You were already told that Anet has 0.0% influence on people selling raids due to multiple reasons. They clearly mentioned that they allow it but won’t support it or won’t be considerate of selling while bugfixing or implementing new features within the LFG-system.
Also, if you have a look at the LFG (stands for EU) you will notice that there are barely any guild selling runs. Yes, there are some out there but if anything there is 1 guild at a time, not more, that is selling raid runs and even this offer isn’t available consistently. So, please stop making up conspiracy theories and argue in an adult manner.

It’s is rly getting annoying to read untrue arguments or the same ones over and over again although they had been proven wrong.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

eldrin.6471

Are you still not able to handle a proper discussion? Stop repeating things that are not true.
You were already told that Anet has 0.0% influence on people selling raids due to multiple reasons. They clearly mentioned that they allow it but won’t support it or won’t be considerate of selling while bugfixing or implementing new features within the LFG-system.
Also, if you have a look at the LFG (stands for EU) you will notice that there are barely any guild selling runs. Yes, there are some out there but if anything there is 1 guild at a time, not more, that is selling raid runs and even this offer isn’t available consistently. So, please stop making up conspiracy theories and argue in an adult manner.

It’s is rly getting annoying to read untrue arguments or the same ones over and over again although they had been proven wrong.

facts
anet sell gems
gems buy gold
gold buys runs
anet set number of runs hence price at 150 LI
All true
Now of course its in some peoples interest to argue that 150 insights are fine they could be the ones selling the runs.NOW what part of what im saying isnt true?
You might not like what i say,but it is true.Anet didnt directly sell the last lot of legendary but thy were sold and anet made profit.Its just on a whole different scale this time.

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Vinceman.4572

facts
anet sell gems
gems buy gold
gold buys runs
All true
Now of course its in some peoples interest to argue that 150 insights are fine they could be the ones selling the runs.NOW what part of what im saying isnt true?

I still don’t see any connection between anet sells gems, gems buy gold, gold buys runs, anet set number of runs hence price at 150 and the indefensible claim that Anet wants special raiders or groups to sell runs.
I am not a seller + being far away from 150 LIs and still think the amount is totally fine.

Legendary is a cool longterm goal if you want and not only a thing of a month or less like the weapons.
Additionally, I know some of the best raiders in the game and they have no interest to sell runs regularly because they are bored of the organization and keeping 7,8 or 9 guys together just for a little bit of gold although they are skilled enough to do low-manned speedclears.

You should also know that Anet doesn’t make any profit out of players gaining ingame gold via playing, buy gems and afterwards gemstore items. If you buy gems via cash, convert them to gold and give it to sellers that’s your business and it is you who support Anet.
I can just repeat what others said: Don’t spend your money on a skin, this is not worth it. Even if you do so don’t complain about game settings like 150 LIs then. It is your own decision and for me it would be pathological to go for a skin with real money unless not being a millionaire. There is always a better purpose to spend money than for a pixel in a game.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

eldrin.6471

Because you dont see the connection anet sells gems =gold,and large amounts of gold pays for runs to get insights,does not mean no connection exists. and since anet has been making money from the sale of legendary weapons for years why is it to far a step to think they might have set up raids and the new legendary armour as a new cash cow.
i have no problem with anet doing what they have always done.its a matter of scale.
and it needs lowed from 150LI. Anet new only a small percentage would be able to raid,did they not know some of those not able to access raids would pay real money to get the new legendary armour?

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I am not, selling runs nor do i have 150 LI’s.

Let me repeat this for you again

I am not, selling runs nor do i have 150 LI’s.

My position is very simple If there actually is an issue then change how the Call of the Mists buff works and have it give 1 Extra LI per kill while that wing is the most recent wing.

I personally don’t see there being that much of an issue as it is a long term goal, not meant to be had in the course of a month or 2. Even then, most of the “casual” raiders in this thread complaining likely do not even have half of the required materials, or even achievements complete to even begin thinking of crafting Legendary Armor and as such should just play the game like they “casually” do and let the armor “casually” appear out of the forge in a “casual” timeframe.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

facts
anet sell gems
gems buy gold
gold buys runs
All true
You might not like what i say,but it is true.Anet didnt directly sell the last lot of legendary but thy were sold and anet made profit.Its just on a whole different scale this time.

Individually, those things may be true. However, you’re implying a correlation between all of them that requires stretching the imagination to a breaking point.

Translation: you’re talking out of your kitten .

Frankly, you’re probably the only one who thinks “well, kitten , I’m too casual to get 9 insights per week by actually killing the bosses, lemme blow $100 per week on gems to get the gold to buy full clears just so I can have Legendary armour”. And then you have the nerve to imply ANet does that on purpose to force the casual playerbase to do the exact same thing you do if they want Legendary armour.

(edited by Rashy.4165)

Posted by: timson.4356

timson.4356

I agree that 150 LI are too many. I am in a guild in which many people only get 1 or 2 LI each week and since they would need more than 2 years for the legendary armor playing regularly, they say that they won´t do more raids if the price doesn´t change.

We were told that people who did raids “regularly and successfully” would have enough LI. So, what is the meaning of regularly and succesfully? To do 3 full wings for 4 months? I´m sorry, but I can´t believe that these words mean this. I can only think that were were told one thing and got a very different one.

150 insights are fine. Legendary Armor isn´t addressed to everyone who wants to get it without bringing the necessary effort. It´s for them who are able to kill all raid bosses successfully for several times and therefor proved their power of endurance and their skill. Otherwise it wouldn´t be a Legendary Armor, it would be a (maybe) nice looking armor for everyone who invests at least a bit time into this game, just like legendary weapons.

Gw2 is an amazing game, but before Raids and Legendary Armor were announced, it had one problem: There wasn´t any kind of performance based long-term goals in PVE to bind those player´s, who were able and willing to bring some effort. Now those kinds of players have something to work for, even if it´s just for prestige. Most of those players have at least more than 100 insights now and will have plenty more than 150 when Legendary Armor will finally be released. So Anet really shouldn´t lower the number of required insights, they should rather retain the one and only existing worthwhile long-term goal instead. If you lower the required Insights, Legendary Armor will be much less exclusive and desirable. 150 Insights ensure that you have to kill nearly all bosses several times to succeed OR that you have to work hard for a long time if you´re not able to kill all. If Anet would lower them, some people would just kill the easy bosses and would maybe buy the few achievements they´re not able to get by their own.
People complain getting 150 li would be grind. But why most of them don’t complain about the necessary Provisionor Tokens or the T6 materials? Cause it´s not the grind what bother them, it´s because they´re not willing to bring the necessary effort or they missed to bring it right from the beginning and now they´re not willing to work for it as long as those people who started raiding successfully when raids came out.

For those who claim 150 li would lead more people to buy raids/lis: The opposite is what happens in reality. Why? Because there´s nearly no one (aside from eldrin maybe) who would be able and willing to afford the costs of buying 150 li. People buy raids to get achievements like eternal or slippery slubling or maybe to get their first insights to ensure they have the requirements to join raid groups. If they want to get the whole 150 li, they have to get some by their own and once they started raiding successfully, they will not spend their money on insights they´re able to get by their own. But the more you lower the number of necessary insight, the more the number of players who´ll think about just buying them will increase.

(edited by timson.4356)

Coconut.7082

oh right so the company that made huge profits from the last lot of legendarys have set the insights needed for this armour at 150 to minimise potential income? and the £2000 that these insight will cost me is an isolated incident.
on some planet that makes sense.
but not this capitalist one.

The £2000 these insights will cost you are your kittening choice, don’t blame others on it, none forced you to waste a fortune on GW2.
Seriously, are you even reading your own comments before posting? Don’t you think it went a little over the top with all those conspiracies? Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams!!

eldrin.6471

These forums are the only means players have to influence anet decisions, and that is why i come here with my views and opinions.of course in a forum like this peoples views and opinions will differ,and i come here to share mine not change yours.why then can i not please get the same courtesy,instead of personal insults.

Vinceman.4572

That’s ok to come here and write your opinion but you are repeating things again and again, being not reasonable at most times, posting arguments that are not true, making up conspiracy theories and blame the company that you have to spend 2k £/$/€ which no human being would pay unless not knowing what to do with your money (a.k.a. being a millionaire or richer.)

I am serious: Why the hell do you want to have that armor and why for this huge real money price? Are you collecting skins and you already have all others in the game? If that’s not the case I don’t see any reason to go for that armor because first of all we don’t know about the look of that armor and second the stats are the same of asc ones.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

They should make it 54 LI for each armor weight instead of a standard 150.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

eldrin.6471

guild wars 2 is an escape for me,and before raids i had the best of everything on my warrior, full ascended 3 legendarys. i did not ask to have my armour down graded to second best and only try maintain what i had.i did not ask for or want raids, i liked the way the game was before.i did not ask them to lock the new best armour behind raids or 150 LI. I do understand people who can find groups with ease and clear the wings are entitled to something to show there accomplishment.its not my fault anet chose armour.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Legendary armour isn’t the best, it’s stats is the same as Ascended armour. So are Legendary weapons. All you get for Legendary is skins and the convenience of stat changing.

The ones who raid consistently and successfully aren’t entitled to Legendary armour – they deserve it for the effort they put in. The ones complaining about armour being locked behind raids are the entitled ones.

As for ANet choosing armour, suck it up. The players who enjoy raids didn’t ask for Legendary armour either (in fact, the entire player base wanted something beyond Ascended armour for a while, and ANet chose to make the armour more meaningful by giving it as a reward for effort, something which core legendary weapons didn’t receive – it was far too simple to whip out a credit card and buy legendary weapons, and there’s absolutely nothing legendary about that).

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Regularly = Frequency as in does a player raid often
Successfully = How well a player/group performed

Malediktus.9250

You do not want people to build all 3 armor weights at the same time, unless you want the t6 mats to become more expensive

eldrin.6471

Yes il agree regular does mean often but when does often mean you need to have killed every single raid boss every single week since launch. You guys and your suck it up its easy to get 150 insights ltp attitude represents less than 5% of the player base.but your fine that the game suffers and bleeds players wile it goes were only you want,your all that awsome you dont need the rest of the players playing this game.problem is anet needs them for an income.

Coconut.7082

Yes il agree regular does mean often but when does often mean you need to have killed every single raid boss every single week since launch. You guys and your suck it up its easy to get 150 insights ltp attitude represents less than 5% of the player base.but your fine that the game suffers and bleeds players wile it goes were only you want,your all that awsome you dont need the rest of the players playing this game.problem is anet needs them for an income.

I just came up with a different conspiracy than yours:
Anet knows that 2000£ is more than 10 times the amount the average player would spend on GW2 in 4 years of playing (!), and that’s why they set the LI bar so high, because Anet doesn’t want players to buy the LI. They want only actual raiders to get the armor, because the average raider will not complain about the amount, for an armor that isn’t even out yet!!
Sounds reasonable, no?

(edited by Coconut.7082)

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Why not 6?

eldrin.6471

because that wouldn’t be balanced ether.balenced would be some were in between what the best raiders who come by insights easy and what the guys struggling to find groups and get insights can get.

Coconut.7082

because that wouldn’t be balanced ether.balenced would be some were in between what the best raiders who come by insights easy and what the guys struggling to find groups and get insights can get.

And that’s exactly how it is, by the time the armor is out, the people in the middle between “best” raiders and “bad” raider will have enough insights. Problem solved!

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

By the time armor comes out it would be something between ~80 to ~190. Soooo ~140 should be fine.