SE path 1 - Is this intended?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ozymandias.3942

Ozymandias.3942

Q:

The first encounter of SE path 1 seems impossible. Are the inquest supposed to infinitely spawn? Even after the golem is down?

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

A:

No – known bug, will be fixed soon.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Soon™
They said the same thing about Arah path 1 two months ago

Wasn’t that actually 3 months ago?

Posted by: Bamm.6975

Bamm.6975

There was another post I found about this when I was searching.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/The-dreaded-Sorrow-s-Embrace-path-1/first#post739276

It also has a video of them doing it. It is potentially the fastest path in all of SE but you need some coordination and strong DPS. I have been trying to get a pug together to try it but everyone is scared and wont try!

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

They do stop spawning when you beat the Asura boss after the Golem. I thought that was intended.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

After watching that video a couple weeks ago I tried getting a pug together for SE1. We got the first boss down after a couple tries but couldn’t make much of a dent in the second boss before wiping. That was all a few of the group members could handle so the group fizzled out. Definitely not pug friendly.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i can’t open that video, since i’m at work right now. but i’ve seen a vid too of path 1 after the patch that “broke” it again and what they did was after DPS-ing down the first boss, you have to run pass the second boss and fight him in the doorway. ot sure if that was a problem, because it seems that the mobs still aggro on you and still spawn if you remain on the main platform that the second boss is first seen on.

i’ve tried this with a PUG as well, but we didn’t have enough DPS to bring down the first boss even.

i’m willign to try this if anyone is though! need some more SE tokens ; )))

@SuicideStan – sent you a pm! feel free to add me.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

I’m a fervent SE runner. Ran every parth several times.

Path 1 was bugged up until last week, let me explain:

Yes, it’s very tough. SE path 1 is tough.

Yes, the mobs are meant to come back in wave. No, they’re not supposed to stop coming after the golem is dead.

Here is what was fixed: When you get to the asura boss after the golem, ADDS stop spawning! A couple of weeks ago, you had to drag the boss down the stairs to fight it safe from infinite adds spawn.

Let me reiterate: Adds will keep coming until you get to the asura boss, then they stop spawning.

This path is doable, but remember one thing, it’s a pure DPS path. Some classes and builds just don’t put out enough raw sustained DPS to down the golem fast enough.

Also you need to learn what I call “the dance”. There are specific procedures to follow to pull certain bosses, hide from certain enemies at certain times, this will ensure survival.

I’ve tried this path 4 times, succeeded twice. Everytime we suceeded, it took less than 30 minutes. This is a short path, just a very hard one.

We don’t usually run it because we don’t have the right party for it. But it’s doable.

Posted by: Hackmode.7092

Hackmode.7092

I was hoping they would keep this path as is since it took me forever to get my Dungeon Master title. I finally manage to lead a pug group through it with some ease. Helped that we had a hammer guardian and I myself am a dps warrior. I’ve lead my guild and several pug groups through it with success several times since then. In fact I’ve built my guardian around the path. To be honest you do not need dps, survivability alone is good enough. But having both makes the path a pushover.

It’s one of my favorite dungeon paths now since it will always keep you on edge no matter how many times you’ve done it. It’s one of the few instances where all of your party members won’t be at full health. Your party will constantly be at 25% and under throughout the gauntlet (full heal from the guardian elite will help) even if you’re doing everything right. Not only that but once you figure the gauntlet out it becomes the easy part. The hard part is fighting all three golems from story mode at the same time, you can pull them apart but they do a really good job at fighting for each other. The final encounter is a pain as well because the thief will just harass the hell outta one person and if they get downed at the wrong time, then the mesmer’s AoE will just instantly kill them.

Posted by: Bamm.6975

Bamm.6975

Successfully ran this with a pug today! We wiped a few times on the first boss but eventually got it! Much easier after that.

Thanks guys!
Bammzork

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

No – known bug, will be fixed soon.

Do we have confirmation from the devs that this is indeed a bug and will be fixed?

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Elitists pls go.