Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Below 20s.

[SOLO] strikes back, Lupicus dead in 21 sec

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

GG When will it end!!

The day Solo shows up and Lupi gets an heart attack.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Can you do it faster with a Ranger?

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

GG When will it end!!

The day Solo shows up and Lupi gets an heart attack.

0sec kill time, thats when it stops!

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: DivineSlayer.5039

DivineSlayer.5039

Why did you guys not use the 30/0/0/10/30 build?

[DnT] Thief Main

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Heightened Focus actually just gives 9% Critical Chance so it’s not really worth of it. Last Chance is a big DPS increase on short runs.
I actually didn’t check did it even trigger so there might be room for improvement! (our run might be too short :/)

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Heightened Focus actually just gives 9% Critical Chance so it’s not really worth of it. Last Chance is a big DPS increase on short runs.
I actually didn’t check did it even trigger so there might be room for improvement! (our run might be too short :/)

From the end of invulnerability to the death takes around 6s so we should swap out last chance and go retry.

Wethospu.6437

Yeah, and also decide whether to keep Empowered since Vigor kind of destroys Stick and Move. And I need less horrible rotation and…. we may have to get desperate.

Broadicea.8294

Why the huge jump in speed between earlier this year and now? A few months ago the record kills were only incrementally improved, but you guys just cut it in half in like…3 weeks.

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Why the huge jump in speed between earlier this year and now? A few months ago the record kills were only incrementally improved, but you guys just cut it in half in like…3 weeks.

Cause we’re SOLO, obviously

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

That’s actually how it works half the time. Half the time records are broken by refinement and execution (gradual improvements) and the other half they are shattered in big fashion (innovative new strategy.)

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Nothing better to do most likely.

Broadicea.8294

That’s actually how it works half the time. Half the time records are broken by refinement and execution (gradual improvements) and the other half they are shattered in big fashion (innovative new strategy.)

Yeah that’s exactly what I mean, what is allowing the previous plateau (~40 seconds) to be shattered the way it has been. I mean, there’s the time warp in phase 1 and mesmer pumping feedback as high as it can go, which I don’t remember seeing previously. Is that basically the linchpin to the sub-30 second kills?

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

GG When will it end!!

When ArenaNet does the sensible thing and nerfs reflection skills.

Posted by: Rathore.9348

Rathore.9348

GG, but I counted only 3 fire elementals in this video. :X

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Can’t agree between gsword and axe traits? :P

(edited by Player Character.9467)

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

You can try ogre pet whistles. Not sure if they stack with the elementals but they might.

Sanderinoa.8065

reflections have a maximum though, adding infinite targets doesnt help after a certain point

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

You can try ogre pet whistles. Not sure if they stack with the elementals but they might.

They do.

And nice of you to remember that, they really should try with them too, but don’t think that griffon/hyena/whatever will make that much of a difference, since Fire eles actually do the magma field :P.

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

you didn’t seem to coordinate your first hit and started the timer half a second after somebody hit lupi.

Wethospu.6437

Can’t agree between gsword and axe traits? :P

We had an agreement, I didn’t. Well I was just checking the Greatsword and then that poor thing died. On video there’s really poor rotation but usually it works bit better.

you didn’t seem to coordinate your first hit and started the timer half a second after somebody hit lupi.

Good catch. I will pay more attention next time. Luckily it’s still around the 21 seconds.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

DAT FEEDBACK.
Also congrats on shooting yourself in the foot.
Reflection skill nerfs in 3…2… Next year sometime when they finally get around to it.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

GG When will it end!!

hurrrr mesmer nerf

because us mesmers need MOAR NERFS

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

GG When will it end!!

I think not being able to reflect/absorb Lupi’s projectiles could also be an option

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Broadicea.8294

Again, a Feedback nerf changes nothing about the state of the meta game. It’s a direct boot to the face of the dozen or so speedclear groups than can do this, that’s it. PUGs are not using it like this. Pugs can’t do this. Pugs barely even run Arah.

Nerf feedback or change Lupi’s attack and you might as well call this the [SOLO] Nerf. You’re calling for a change to a skill or boss because of one gimmick that maybe 50 people can pull off, that leads to no real in-game advancement. Arah is not CoF. There’s no reward other than bragging rights for doing this (not to diminish the achievement, I think it’s awesome).

There’s just no reason to freak out over Feedback or Lupi because of this.

Dolan.3071

Dropping supposedly one of the hardest bosses in the game in 20 seconds is gonna raise some eyebrows, doesn’t matter how organised the group is.
Also using reflect projectiles isn’t a ‘Lupi Only’ situation, it’s almost constantly used in high end fractals.

But c’mon using one skill to wipe 3/4 of a boss’s health? Yes it’s smart, but it’s pretty much an ‘I win’ button, and bosses shouldn’t have those. I mean you could even just change it so it’s more of an Alpha style AoE that covers the floor, and leave Feedback as is.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Broadicea.8294

It’s not just Feedback that’s doing that, it’s using Feedback in a very specific way with very specific conditions. I bring Feedback to Lupi fights and I don’t do that much damage with it. Last time I did about 20K per reflect, but since my whole team wasn’t under the bubble I only got about 8 hits in with it.

When was the last time a PUG even melee’d Lupi? And if they did, when was the last time one got it done in under a minute? Again, this is something that less than 100 players can do reliably. If this tactic were spread out amongst the general populace and it was basically required by the community going on Arah runs, I could understand. Fixing the TA leaf standing exploit was necessary because EVERY pug group was doing it. Fixing the CoF/2 gate skip is going to happened because EVERY pug group wants to do it. Same with CoE 3-in-1.

There are no pugs doing this to Lupi. It’s a handful of guilds competing for bragging rights. Changing this doesn’t change the game for anyone but those groups.

SkyChef.5432

There are no pugs doing this to Lupi. It’s a handful of guilds competing for bragging rights. Changing this doesn’t change the game for anyone but those groups.

Actually, it won’t make a small dent of how these extreme skilled players will play. They will publish another videos showing how to kill Lupi the fastest w/o reflection then they go their own way. Those would hurt a lot are precisely those morons asking for the nerf and the populace mass because the current manageable content would be raised to a higher threshold.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Actually, it won’t make a small dent of how these extreme skilled players will play. They will publish another videos showing how to kill Lupi the fastest w/o reflection then they go their own way. Those would hurt a lot are precisely those morons asking for the nerf and the populace mass because the current manageable content would be raised to a higher threshold.

This is true as well. If Lupi is nerfed, sure, SOLO won’t be able to kill him in 20 seconds, but they still won’t have any trouble killing Lupi extremely fast. The people that get hurt are the regular players.

SOLO probably doesn’t care if they kill Lupi in 20 seconds or 60 seconds, as long as they kill it as fast as existing mechanics will allow.

Pugs will never be able to pull off these advanced tactics. Right now only one dungeon guild has even killed Lupi in less than 40 seconds. And maybe only a dozen or so groups has done it in under 1 minute. It takes very good coordination and a predetermined party composition.

Broadicea.8294

You’re right of course! They’ll just put out new videos with the fastest times, with the title “POST-FEEDBACK NERF RECORD”.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

5 warriors a/s+gs probably.

SkyChef.5432

5 warriors a/s+gs probably.

No doubt. As you have said. About 1 min.

Dolan.3071

“You don’t need to change a gimmick that will wipe 3/4 of his health because people will take at least 3 times longer to kill him”

Do you guys even hear yourselves?

If its still so easy to burn him down then there’s no problem in taking away the ‘I Win’ button. DPSing him down quickly is a legitimate strategy, using a gimmick so he hits himself in the face for 3653742454 damage is just so… Cheap, smart, but cheap.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

“You don’t need to change a gimmick that will wipe 3/4 of his health because people will take at least 3 times longer to kill him”

If its still so easy to burn him down then there’s no problem in taking away the ‘I Win’ button. DPSing him down quickly is a legitimate strategy, using a gimmick so he hits himself in the face for 3653742454 damage is just so… Cheap, smart, but cheap.

You’re missing the point. It’s not an ‘I Win’ button for anyone but a handful of groups. Have you tried this in a pug? It doesn’t work. Feedback still does good damage, but nothing even close to this. Have you even tried full melee in a pug? That doesn’t work either. Plenty of times it doesn’t even work in an organized group.

Nerfing Feedback will make SOLO say “oh well, back to killing him in ~80 seconds”. It will barely affect pug Lupi fights at all. And mesmer will start being dropped from speed runs.

Player Character.9467

You’re missing the point. It’s not an ‘I Win’ button for anyone but a handful of groups. Have you tried this in a pug? It doesn’t work. Feedback still does good damage, but nothing even close to this. Have you even tried full melee in a pug? That doesn’t work either. Plenty of times it doesn’t even work in an organized group.

Nerfing Feedback will make SOLO say “oh well, back to killing him in ~80 seconds”. It will barely affect pug Lupi fights at all. And mesmer will start being dropped from speed runs.

Nothing you are saying makes it not dumb that feedback can hit that hard…

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

GG

Very impressive.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

We had a 56 second lupicus kill as 4 warriors in some casual arah run so a good time with 5 warriors would still be around 45 seconds.

Gj, must have been fun doing this with an optimized setup. We will get that sub 20 when im back from vacation!

PS: Sandy = Mes? How strong have your reflects been?

Dub | [rT]

Dolan.3071

Being in an organised guild run with TS will allow you to reap many benefits during battle.
Setting up one attack to do a bajillion damage should not be one of them.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Being in an organised guild run with TS will allow you to reap many benefits during battle.
Setting up one attack to do a bajillion damage should not be one of them.

I agree with this. People can cry all they want about how much they love their Mesmers; but it’s pretty ridiculous that one attack is allowed to have the POTENTIAL to do several hundred thousands of damage within a 3 second window. Lupicus is pretty fun without a Mes anyway. I don’t particularly want to see Feed Back/Lupi get adjusted, but I’m not going to pretend that feed back as a skill doesn’t have too high damage potential.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

Sorry, but i am with the non nerfer guys on that one.

If you start going after the feedback, you are going to ask for warden phantom nerf after and so on… mesmer already has kittenty dps compared to other professions. Sending back projectiles must account for like 90% of my dps on mesmer. So on non projectile fight I pretty much feel like I slow the group every time. Not even counting fights where illusions are plain useless (Bella comes to mind, …).

And I believe that being in an organized group, using vocal and such should allow you to reap the benefits of that kind of battle. Anet said it, dungeon exploration paths are for the organised groups. Organised means to me able to support each other, study what the boss do and if possible turn it against them. << It’s just good business >> (PotC).

I run sometimes with Dub & company, and what i find fun &love with them compared to pug, is that I know if I make a mistake or get a spike or DC, it won’t matter, I can pretty much trust them to be able to finish the job. Sometimes we even get to P2 and suddenly you have like only 1 person alive, viva el lag, and still he gonna down him, you won’t have to run / restart / reset… Though I feel that I don’t have the skill to do that kind of speed run, especially with my added lag. And am amazed about that achievement.

In comparison, when I am in PUGs, even those that require no noobs / exp players for arah, especially these actually. I usually end up soloing the boss in P2 and/or P3 … which frankly, is a pain in the end. In my last, … 20 arah PUG I got maybe 1 group with every body alive at the end due to reving, and maybe 2 groups with people still alive. And I don’t even count the number of players who, when they see Lupicus with 1 stack of empower flee from the fight and kitten around. And finally regarding those elitist group, they usually go and …………………………… wait for it ………………….. range him !!!!!!!!!

I only had one PUG in like 2 months were we went full melee from the start and got him down in 2 mintues or something. 1 dead in the end, he did not know the fight ^^

So no, pretty please no, don’t nerf it. Good players, good organisation and good tactics should allow you to do this kind of stuff.

TL:DR: read the last paragarph, it ended being kind of a rant, sorry

Player Character.9467

No1 is saying only nerf feedback, bosses shouldn’t shoot themselves for half their life on any reflect.

Wethospu.6437

Making one reflection skill reflect only like 150k damage would probably fix it quite smoothly.
Not that I really care either way.

Sanderinoa.8065

PS: Sandy = Mes? How strong have your reflects been?

They were all around 32.7k, not as high as they can be, as you know.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Dub.1273

Yeah, wonder where the damage came from then. More than 20 reflects?

Anyway to everyone crying about feedback doing 50%+ dmg of his hp. You are wrong. A good feedback is about 33% of his hp, nothing close to 50% or even more.

Dub | [rT]

Wethospu.6437

If I recall correctly Lupicus has about 1459k health which makes Feedback about 45%.

Dub.1273

Didn’t you somewhere list it with 1,56 million? My feedback had 17 hits, 33k each. Thats 561k damage which is 35%. In an average group it would have mostlikely been 22k hits or less. So with lots of reflects (hitting max. 20) it would be about 30%.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

i rarely go over 18K on reflects… nobody wants to stand beneath it or buff might or debuff vulné on boss

/sad

Sanderinoa.8065

Might actually doesnt affect reflects, as the power of the projectile itself(fired by lupicus) is used to calculate the damage. To get the high hitting projectiles, you want to make use of simple +?% damage modifiers. so using +4% per redied mantra, +3% per active illusions, +10% from scholars gear and the raw +critdamage makes the reflectiondamage go up. But ofcourse the vunerability is important still.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]