Stop 'lf1m' posts, use lfg site!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dakirah.1892

Dakirah.1892

Go to gw2lfg.com and either look for a group or find your last member. Its really easy. If u find someone add their name to your contacts and whisper them! Don’t forget to delete your post when you find someone though!

:)

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Yeah, it’s a great site. I hope the community picks it up. I’ve used it with awesome results!

(edited by Lopez.7369)

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Does cross server joining work for FotM? It doesn’t even work if you’re not in the same overflow!

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Why should we have to use a third party site to form groups. The social panel should have the option to post groups in it. The person starting the group can list what dungeon or event want to do and others could click to join it and then the leader can pick if he wants that person to join or not.

(edited by simplesimon.2084)

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

Can anyone explain why this is not in game or planned to be in game? I just don’t get why a functional LFG tool does not exist in this game.

Posted by: Sajuuk.5706

Sajuuk.5706

This stems from the problem, Robert, that you haven’t bothered to address yet, the incredibly fracturing nature of this dungeon for party-making.

“Maim. Rinse. Repeat.”

Mckeone.9804

It’s not just fotm. it’s if you want to do anything out of the main farming set. it’s so frustrating trying to get story mode groups right now that I’ve sworn them off until a real lfg tool is built into the game.

Posted by: Rktlchr.8495

Rktlchr.8495

I do not understand this gw2lfg.com. It doesn’t show everyone’s server name, don’t you need to be on the same server to join someone in the dungeon. I’m not going to switch servers just to join someone for a single dungeon run.

Sinister Swarm [SIN]; Sanctum of Rall.
GTX460 Driver:337.88; i5 2500K 3.30 GHz; Z77X-UD3H; 8 Gb; Win 7 64 bit

Posted by: QtHuynh.1893

QtHuynh.1893

I do not understand this gw2lfg.com. It doesn’t show everyone’s server name, don’t you need to be on the same server to join someone in the dungeon. I’m not going to switch servers just to join someone for a single dungeon run.

You don’t have to be in the same server. You can do dungeons with anyone in the world.

Mckeone.9804

Robert,

I was just wondering if you were aware that there’s already a system in place for cross server party matching for pug tourney groups in structured PvP. Could you just repurpose that code with some drop downs to reflect Dungeon / Mode / Path (or level for FOTM)?

I think that’s a better way to stop LFG spam.

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

If we use the lfg site then Anet won’t be left with a very visible and frequent reminder of how badly they botched the Fractals dungeon up.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Fractals messed up Lion’s chat which was %100 obvious thingy even before patch

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: Novalice.5239

Novalice.5239

Does cross server joining work for FotM? It doesn’t even work if you’re not in the same overflow!

As long as everyone is in the same Overflow you can do FotM with a cross server group. The concept is, Overflow is available to just about all servers and is a ‘common server’. There are more versions of the overflow than just one, I’m not going to guess how many Overflow maps there are, but it is definitely more than the one instance for each server.

I have grouped with my fiancee, her brother, myself (all on Tarnished coast) and we join two friends from Crystal Desert to do FotM. Have done a few now with them. We even did the World Event earlier with them on an overflow map.

Novalice Savril (Novalice.5239)
Exemplar of the Melcindomien
www.Melc.Guildportal.com

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

So, to find a dungeon group, you need to go to a website outside the game? If you’re looking for a dungeon you should basically go look elsewhere…

You know, this wouldn’t even be a problem if the game actually had a decent LFG system worked into it, and don’t tell me there is an LFG window. That piece of crap is useless. Even GW1 has a better group tool, and that game requires it a lot less than this one. What are the developers thinking by not including this into the game?

There isn’t even a tool in the works at this moment. So, you better buckle up, because you’ll be seeing LFG/LFM for a long time to come.

Posted by: almostdaft.4319

almostdaft.4319

Personally, I enjoyed that little LFG window in Guild Wars 1, and I would find it very helpful to be not hidden in the contacts tab in this game.

Posted by: Zearan.6732

Zearan.6732

This just illustrates the fact that a looking for group tool for dungeons is badly needed. Having to go outside the game to find a dungeon group is ridiculous.

Posted by: Tera GX.8149

Tera GX.8149

Can anyone explain why this is not in game or planned to be in game? I just don’t get why a functional LFG tool does not exist in this game.

Last rumors I caught, I recall that a better LFG tool is in fact planned. And rumor I cannot source aside, I would regard it as common sense that a better LFG tool is planned. Anet pushed what they had so we can begin enjoying what we do have, but Anet very clearly has a LOT more content that they want to get in where current implementations are virtually a placeholder. This on one such area.

I really dislike “lfg” chat spam, so I’ll probably promote this site (though I myself rarely party up except for more loot in events). But this site absolutely should include a listing of servers, especially if used for non-dungeons like Orr. In the meantime, I don’t think a better LFG tool should be high priority considering the other possible focuses, so I won’t actually complain about “lfg” chat spam. I know all the tasks in Anet’s queue are hard work, and I can enjoy what I do have.

Tera Xenphos of Fort Aspenwood (guildless, deliberately)

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I don’t like third party sites. Not to see armors, not to see prices, not to look for groups, DEFINITELY not for horrid auctions that only mess up the “ecomoney”, obviousñly not for third party programs, mods and stuff like that and not for anything else.

We should be able to do what we need in-game without hassle.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Mckeone.9804

I always thought a better LFG tool was in the works too until someone recently came out and said there was no LFG in the works. I forget exactly who it was, but I think it was during one of the last developer chats with one of the community sites.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

So, because ANet’s devs haven’t included a basic functionality in the game, I should go make an account with another site and give them my GW2 info? No thanks.

ANet, you made content that requires groups. Why didn’t you also making a group finder?

Posted by: kobi.5236

kobi.5236

Why should we have to use a third party site to form groups. The social panel should have the option to post groups in it. The person starting the group can list what dungeon or event want to do and others could click to join it and then the leader can pick if he wants that person to join or not.

+1 ! I wont use Any third site ! I Just use Offizial trusted sites because thats the new filosofie.

So, to find a dungeon group, you need to go to a website outside the game? If you’re looking for a dungeon you should basically go look elsewhere…

You know, this wouldn’t even be a problem if the game actually had a decent LFG system worked into it, and don’t tell me there is an LFG window. That piece of crap is useless. Even GW1 has a better group tool, and that game requires it a lot less than this one. What are the developers thinking by not including this into the game?

There isn’t even a tool in the works at this moment. So, you better buckle up, because you’ll be seeing LFG/LFM for a long time to come.

And aswell +1 .. Its just ridiculous that we are getting forced to use any kind of third sites or programs to find people to play with ! .. Sorry Robert but it is like this !

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

What are the developers thinking by not including this into the game?

From the various developer posts I’ve read here, I conclude they weren’t thinking at all.

Posted by: Ravenclaw.4213

Ravenclaw.4213

Me and my 2 brothers tried to do a dungeon last night and stood at the gate for an hour trying to recruit 2 more people to do it with us but no one wants to do story mode, so we tried to 3 man it and failed miserably. I have since decided that there will be no dungeon running till end game. Or until they get a LFG tool of some kind. Very frustrating.

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Used the site, still waiting for replies.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

Can a Dev at least give us a one word answer as to if this will ever be addressed and added in the near future?

It’s highly frustrating when we think you don’t care to respond to this topic.

Posted by: Enfrayia.8179

Enfrayia.8179

Please, no ‘LFG tools’. It would kill the social aspect as it did in WoW.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

What social aspect? As of this moment you can take anyone who responds to you shout without even saying ‘hi’.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Honestly, I do not trust third party sites, and I am shocked to even see ANET stickying it. Does that mean they endorse it, and are responsible?

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

What social aspect? The zone chat in LA being constant LFG spam?

Or, as it was late last night, with about 15 of us trying to get fractals groups together, but on different steps, it was complaining that there was no LFG tool and that we were unable to move to an overflow (as our LA wasn’t full, and it was late, so wasn’t likely to be).

As someone who played WoW when the LFG tool came in – it did NOT “destroy the community”, at least on my server. Sure, you ran into more bad apples, but that was because instead of being LFG for 45 minutes waiting on a tank or a healer (my self I always played healer main/tank alt) and then running a dungeon, you ran 2 (or 3) dungeons in the same time. So of course you ran into more bad people. But you also did more content.

Unless you consider spamming LFG “content”.

Honestly, just like Rift and ToR – this game NEEDS an LFG tool. Not having one is simply keeping any MMO outdated.

And yeah, I don’t really want to EVER use outside sources to play in-game.

Posted by: Trayzard.1678

Trayzard.1678

wow. THANK YOU. For that site. I hope many ppl will use it. At least the community can do what anet can’t do… since 3 Months no Dungeonfinder or decent server cross lfg tool…

Posted by: Jasumasu.5186

Jasumasu.5186

The thing that “killed” the “social aspect” of WoW, I believe(and not base on any research whatsoever), was the automated group forming and automated teleport into the dungeon and teleport back out for when the dungeon was done. This basically eliminated the need for party communication, as long as everyone knew what they were doing. I had many dungeon runs where people would just say “Hi” and nothing else throughout the whole time in the dungeon.
So if people accept that as a valid reason to not implement a decent LFG tool (which, they should most certainly not), why not create a simplified version? Why not create a tool that would simply form the group, no teleporting involved? People would still at least have to say something like “Ok lets all teleport to the waypoint” or “meet you inside”. As it stands, I’ve had a few dungeon runs in GW2, where nobody said anything except “hi”. Sooo, is the social aspect killed? I don’t think so. Furthermore, why not just extend the existing LFG status system to display people from different maps and servers and have it brought up into the main interface, instead of being buried in the “social” tab or whatever? I really can’t grasp why Anet haven’t at least said that they heard the feedback and are considering it:/

Mckeone.9804

what’s really funny about people who are OK with an LFG tool but rally against teleporting is that it’s already in the game; you can teleport directly into the dungeon as soon as one member logs in. and as the previous poster mentioned, you can already teleport straight to the dungeon via waypoints.

I do not have a psyduck big enough to represent my confusion.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

what’s really funny about people who are OK with an LFG tool but rally against teleporting is that it’s already in the game; you can teleport directly into the dungeon as soon as one member logs in. and as the previous poster mentioned, you can already teleport straight to the dungeon via waypoints.

I do not have a psyduck big enough to represent my confusion.

I agree— that kind of thinking would have worked in most other MMOs where you have to take some kind of griffin, pegasus, or a giant bat to fly you to the general area of the dungeon; but in Guild Wars 2, you have Waypoints which—well— teleport you to the general location of the instance. The auto-teleporting issue really holds no water in GW2. The difference really would be that the teleporting is automatic instead having to open up your map and double-clicking on the waypoint. In terms of GW2, you just saved at least 10 seconds most in travel time if it was automatic; while in other MMOs, it would depend on the time spent flying around.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

Thanks so much for this post, this site gets me groups in under 10 mins!

Posted by: Hador.2753

Hador.2753

Problem. If there is no full server among the party members, you can’t actually do this together. Please, before you implement Guesting, which might take some time by the looks of it, allow us to join a Overflow on-demand for grouping purposes; restrict it to full groups, I don’t care how you do it, but it’s bloody needed!!!!

Posted by: StrafeFaster.2046

StrafeFaster.2046

You do realize that the LFG tools in games like WoW, Rift, ToR, and DCUO are amazingly convenient for people that don’t have a lot of time to play don’t you? Who cares if you don’t know the person, it’s a pug, you aren’t supposed to know them. And unlike in all those other games, which are separated by servers, this game is basically universal. You can already group up with people cross server, you can chat with people cross server, you can friend invite people cross server, you can even guild invite people cross server. So it’s not the anonymous system that you seem to hate so much. It’s actually the perfect system for this game.

Also, if you think that a dungeon finder “destroys” communities, then you must also think that the overflow servers “destroy” the community.

Posted by: diablodropout.8670

diablodropout.8670

it’s just with fractals this is useful. before fractals a “lfg” would be just fine.

fractals are just so darn specific.

Posted by: Ender.4256

Ender.4256

stop promote fansite, add a real NEEDED feathure.
(but anyway thx for the site !)

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

You don’t have to be in the same server. You can do dungeons with anyone in the world.

I thought you have to guest on another server to play with someone on another server which hasn’t been implemented yet.

Elyl Jrend

Posted by: Amra.6320

Amra.6320

For now I’m going to bump this up a bit and sticky it for a while.

How about a LFG system in game instead? Should have been there from the start. It’s even more obvious now with fractals, it’s a pain to get a group together.

Posted by: StrafeFaster.2046

StrafeFaster.2046

I thought you have to guest on another server to play with someone on another server which hasn’t been implemented yet.

Nope, you can already join people from other servers. No need to guest.

Posted by: Lilium.6803

Lilium.6803

How many posts is it going to take for ArenaNet to get a clue that there is a problem getting groups together for dungeons and actually fix it? I don’t think I’ve even seen a post were they’ve even admitted there’s a problem. There’s really no question that every MMO has to have something to help facilitate creating groups. This isn’t the 90’s anymore where it’s a new way to game. The only question these days is how to implement it into the games and right now as long as you want to run the level and the dungeon everyone’s pugging the dungeon’s so this crap about destroying communities doesn’t mean anything. People are pugging the same way they would other than it’s even more incredibly difficult that it should be to get into a group. And while new content is always nice all it’s don’t is exasperated the problem even more and caused a ton more span and made it even harder to find a group for other dungeons. So for new players and exiting players that haven’t even seen the other dungeons all I can say who ever is making the decision to not implement it needs to pull there head out of there kitten and get a reality check. This latest content update should not have happened before the grouping tool.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I know this is intended for good but, this thread just irked me. I’m getting tired of the consistent request to do chat “outside” of the game. This is the game and I run it full screen on a 50" plasma. I do not have another TV sitting in the living room to chat on. Nor will I open and have a web browser running in the background. For FPS isn’t that good to begin with either. So why would I burden the system and cause myself more headache by having additional software running in the background? This goes especially for WvW! For all those darn insistent request for team speak, ugh! If we can’t securely and conveniently chat in WvW that’s a game design issue.

Please do whatever you have to do Anet to build a better chat system, please???? Because I’m not buying new tv’s, computers, or whatever else. For Dungeons, what’s wrong with placing several NPC’s holding a tablet (like a waitress) which is a roster board in Lions Arch? Also, have those NPC’s guarding each dungeon door have such a roster board too. This way we can just click and sign up with our desired Dungeon, level, and path. Seems simple enough to me. We already click on NPC’s and a purchasing screen pops up. It would be the same design mechanics we’ve been using from day one.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: francisling.2987

francisling.2987

Honestly, I do not trust third party sites, and I am shocked to even see ANET stickying it. Does that mean they endorse it, and are responsible?

Yeah, and a LFG systems for farming, dungeons, or even just exploring from in-game would be much much flexible.

p.s. A lot of people plays gw2 on full screen and hates to minimize and alternate through their web browser. Just kills the ‘virtual reality’ experience!

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Useless hope. Now you found the guy you was needing, he’s inside that content yet, or offline, except if he gives his availability for hours and noone called him. Shortly, doesn’t work with this external tool. We need a realtime internal tool.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Interesting site, hopefully something similar is built in-game though because I never use anything outside the game when playing. Same reason I don’t use voicechat. If it was part of the game, then yes sure I’d make use of it – but having to use 3rd party stuff to me for me is wrong.

If it isn’t in the game, I’m not meant to be using it. I hope the developers and testers follow that same motto and don’t just go using vent or 3rd party sites for their testing.

Posted by: ojrac.8026

ojrac.8026

I just wanted to say, it’s really irritating that the game doesn’t have an automatic party-finder already. For a game that makes large-scale events so easy, I don’t see how this terrible 1st-gen MMO problem didn’t get fixed.

Finding a dungeon group is time-consuming and stressful. I’m committing to anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours of straight playtime; don’t make me spend another half hour trying to find four other people who haven’t done the same story mode dungeon I need to run through. This month’s achievement is giving me EverQuest flashbacks, in the bad way.

Posted by: Kalagon.3120

Kalagon.3120

I suggest we DONT use the site. The more people complain about the LFG system or no dungeon finder in this game the faster A-net will make one if they haven’t started already. The current Frac dungeon is great with 1 flaw, the grouping is hard and with mulitple difficulties they have made a worse situation out of it. As time goes on people will spread out and it will get harder and harder to fing a group of people needing the same frac difficulty as you.

So I say keep spamming the LFG it shows the flaw and highlights it so it will get moved up development ladder faster.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I think there should be no dungeon entrances in the main hub/“community zone”. We always had LF1M even without the Fractals entrance, but this is somewhat … over the top.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Fredede.3901

Fredede.3901

THIS!! It’s such a simple system and it would make finding a group SO much easier. The current LFG system is bad and no one uses it. I don’t get why you don’t just add a functional LFG system already. You don’t need a dungeon finder that automatically pairs you with other players and teleports them to the dungeon, all you need is a list where you can fill in what dungeon you are interested in so people can invite/join you.