Should shard cap for raids be changed?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

Currently the shard cap is nice for 2 wings, reset just kill all 6 bosses takes me under 2 hours.
The issue i see is when raid wing 3 comes out. You will already be shard capped after 2nd wing, so wing 3 u will not get any shards.

The fix would be having each wing having its own cap. Something along the line of 40 to 50 shards a wing.
What is everyones opinion on this? Nice to hear from Anet also

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Ah the bi-monthly shard cap thread.

People have varying opinions on this, but honestly I don’t see why the cap would be increased. Looking at the drop rate of shards when wing 1 first came out, it’s obvious that 100 was meant to be the cap from the start.

Furthermore, the shard cap is only “nice” for 2 wings because it was changed to be that way after people complained. For a long time it wasn’t nice at all, and you had to repeat bosses to cap. It seems extremely likely that when wing 3 comes out the reward for each encounter will be modified so that clearing all 3 wings gives the full 100 shards. This is what happened for wing 2, so I don’t see why it would be any different.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think the 100 cap is fine. It is still worth it to kill all bosses because you have a chance to get 40 or 60 bonus shards from sacrificing possible loot. This way I get about 200 shards per week currently.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

GameGuard.8610

When new wing out the new one gets bonus shards so when it qas wing1 only u got a bonus once wing 2 came out wing 1 went to nornal shards and wing2 got a bonus. So if you one shot all. Bosses currently you be shard capped at 6th fight. Once wing 3 comes i understand that wont be the case due to wing 2 losing the bonus. But after one fighr in wing 3 you will be capped. Unless you do wing 3 first but then be capped after whichever wing you do next. 100 cap dor 3 wings is too low. Needs to be raised to 120 to 150.

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

My suggestions was:

Cap is fine but everytime you kill every boss you get ONCE the full reward.

This means if you kill example VG twice you get full reward only once, but if you kill each boss you get always once for week the full reward for each boss.

GameGuard.8610

That wouldn’t fix the ussue. Prob is you shard capped after 6 bosses so last 3 you wont get any shards

Malediktus.9250

That wouldn’t fix the ussue. Prob is you shard capped after 6 bosses so last 3 you wont get any shards

It is a non issue. The shards are only a consolation prize if you are unlucky all the time. The main reward for killing the boss is their loot which can easily give another 40 or 60 shards with a bit of luck.

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Probably I wasn’t clear, I mean every full reward you get from each boss is clearly not capped (once a week) if you kill them.

The cap basically stays for failures

It’s a bit different to raise only the cap in general.

Dinosaurs.8674

When new wing out the new one gets bonus shards so when it qas wing1 only u got a bonus once wing 2 came out wing 1 went to nornal shards and wing2 got a bonus. So if you one shot all. Bosses currently you be shard capped at 6th fight. Once wing 3 comes i understand that wont be the case due to wing 2 losing the bonus. But after one fighr in wing 3 you will be capped. Unless you do wing 3 first but then be capped after whichever wing you do next. 100 cap dor 3 wings is too low. Needs to be raised to 120 to 150.

The whole “being capped after 2 wings” thing is irrelevant because the magnetite reward per boss is not going to stay the same if the cap is still 100. It will be reduced such that clearing all three wings gives 100 magnetite, likely to about what it was at the release of the first wing.

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

My idea:
~45 shard cap per wing and add a ~3 shard bonus for each player that killed the boss for the first time. (Limit of ~30 shards per week for that bonus).

This means for example when you do a boss with 5 new players in the squad you get 15 bonus shards per boss kill. (2 boss kills to cap the bonus in this case).

This would mean killing each boss once caps the normal shard reward and helping new players/groups would reward you a little bit more.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

The whole “being capped after 2 wings” thing is irrelevant because the magnetite reward per boss is not going to stay the same if the cap is still 100. It will be reduced such that clearing all three wings gives 100 magnetite, likely to about what it was at the release of the first wing.

What do you mean, the never changed the quantity of shards being dropped from boss. We used to drop 50 shards per wing 1 clear while we had a cap of 100, we are still dropping 50 shards for wing 1 and 2 while we have a cap of 100 and unless they decide to now change thing it will still give us 50 shards for wing 1, 2 and 3 while having a cap of 100.

They could drop the amount of shard each boss give us so completing all 3 wings give us 100 shards. But that’s a direct nerf to the reward of raid and I don’t see any reason for that. The current reward for the raid is okish only. I don’t think it should be buffed, but I certainly don’t think it should be nerf and unless they change the value of shards, leaving the cap at 100 will be a nerf in reward for 1/3 of the raid no matter what.

This will just push people to complete only 2 out of the 3 wing each week. We should be able to choose if we want to complete 1, 2 or 3 wing at a giving week with no penalty if you want to complete all 3 wings. I understand a penalty for repeating the same wing during the same week, but getting no shards for completing a wing for the first time is just stupid.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Now that some have mentioned it, I do remember A-net implementing shards as a fallback reward-obtainer in the event that wanted items do not drop from defeated raid bosses to begin with.

NSPride <3

Thaddeus.4891

Now that some have mentioned it, I do remember A-net implementing shards as a fallback reward-obtainer in the event that wanted items do not drop from defeated raid bosses to begin with.

Yes, you are totally right they said that. But they completely screwed up since Shards is the biggest reward the raid give right now. And honestly in their plan shards was suppose to only be a small portion of the reward, they would also have screwed up because then the rewards would just have been too low for the effort needed.

Dinosaurs.8674

What do you mean, the never changed the quantity of shards being dropped from boss. We used to drop 50 shards per wing 1 clear while we had a cap of 100, we are still dropping 50 shards for wing 1 and 2 while we have a cap of 100 and unless they decide to now change thing it will still give us 50 shards for wing 1, 2 and 3 while having a cap of 100.

They could drop the amount of shard each boss give us so completing all 3 wings give us 100 shards. But that’s a direct nerf to the reward of raid and I don’t see any reason for that. The current reward for the raid is okish only. I don’t think it should be buffed, but I certainly don’t think it should be nerf and unless they change the value of shards, leaving the cap at 100 will be a nerf in reward for 1/3 of the raid no matter what.

This will just push people to complete only 2 out of the 3 wing each week. We should be able to choose if we want to complete 1, 2 or 3 wing at a giving week with no penalty if you want to complete all 3 wings. I understand a penalty for repeating the same wing during the same week, but getting no shards for completing a wing for the first time is just stupid.

Game Update Notes January 26 2016:

Raids

• Increased the quantity of magnetite shards awarded for failed boss attempts and successful boss kills in Spirit Vale.

I think it was changed again later but this was the first one i found. This is when they buffed it so that you didn’t have to clear 3 times to max out magnetite, because they were giving a magnetite reward based on the value you would receive if there were 3 wings. So hey look it has changed in the past.

Regardless of whether the reward per boss is better or worse when wing 3 is released, 100 shards for the entire raid is fair considering the primary reward is the boss drops. You could certainly say that the boss drop reward has too much variance between players, but on average the loot reward per boss is much, much better than the magnetite reward per boss. So I don’t see why people would just stop clearing after two wings.

Furthermore, it’s really obvious that the reward was always intended to be 100 shards for the entire raid. Magnetite is intended to be the “backup reward”, and so the prices on the magnetite vendor are set up to work with the 100/week level. This is why it was 100 from the start even when there was only 1 wing.

You’re saying it’s unfair to nerf the rewards to keep it at 100, and that it’s stupid leave the reward as it is because then there is no magnetite reward from the third wing. feel like you think the only solution to that is that rewards be increased since we are doing more work, but to me the obvious answer to that critique is that you’re suggesting that they should have only given 33 shards per wing per week, even from the start. Why should you get the full 100 shard per week reward for only doing a third of the work? Really though, once you have the fights down raids are pretty lucrative as is in terms of reward per time invested, so I don’t see how you can claim we deserve additional magnetite when we have been getting the full reward for a fraction of the work this entire time.

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Game Update Notes January 26 2016:

Raids

• Increased the quantity of magnetite shards awarded for failed boss attempts and successful boss kills in Spirit Vale.

I think it was changed again later but this was the first one i found. This is when they buffed it so that you didn’t have to clear 3 times to max out magnetite, because they were giving a magnetite reward based on the value you would receive if there were 3 wings. So hey look it has changed in the past.

Regardless of whether the reward per boss is better or worse when wing 3 is released, 100 shards for the entire raid is fair considering the primary reward is the boss drops. You could certainly say that the boss drop reward has too much variance between players, but on average the loot reward per boss is much, much better than the magnetite reward per boss. So I don’t see why people would just stop clearing after two wings.

Furthermore, it’s really obvious that the reward was always intended to be 100 shards for the entire raid. Magnetite is intended to be the “backup reward”, and so the prices on the magnetite vendor are set up to work with the 100/week level. This is why it was 100 from the start even when there was only 1 wing.

You’re saying it’s unfair to nerf the rewards to keep it at 100, and that it’s stupid leave the reward as it is because then there is no magnetite reward from the third wing. feel like you think the only solution to that is that rewards be increased since we are doing more work, but to me the obvious answer to that critique is that you’re suggesting that they should have only given 33 shards per wing per week, even from the start. Why should you get the full 100 shard per week reward for only doing a third of the work? Really though, once you have the fights down raids are pretty lucrative as is in terms of reward per time invested, so I don’t see how you can claim we deserve additional magnetite when we have been getting the full reward for a fraction of the work this entire time.

I’m not sure you’re asking the right questions for this issue. I think the most relevant question is: Are the raid rewards, with shards, under-tuned or over-tuned?

Personally, I think they’re a bit under-tuned, given the weekly lockout. And shards are, at least to me, the most valuable reward from the bosses. So wing 3, without an increase in shards, would be an indirect nerf to rewards.

I do like how you can trade in minis for shards. And, in that sense, raid 3 will allow for more of that trading. But we have that now, and the rewards still seem under-tuned.

There’s nothing holy about a shard cap at 100. It could be any number. I think the analysis should focus on whether 100 will be an adequate cap for three wings.

Thaddeus.4891

I’m not sure you’re asking the right questions for this issue. I think the most relevant question is: Are the raid rewards, with shards, under-tuned or over-tuned?

Personally, I think they’re a bit under-tuned, given the weekly lockout. And shards are, at least to me, the most valuable reward from the bosses. So wing 3, without an increase in shards, would be an indirect nerf to rewards.

I do like how you can trade in minis for shards. And, in that sense, raid 3 will allow for more of that trading. But we have that now, and the rewards still seem under-tuned.

There’s nothing holy about a shard cap at 100. It could be any number. I think the analysis should focus on whether 100 will be an adequate cap for three wings.

Exactly. We should determine was is a decent reward for a wing and start from there to develop a system that work well with that reward.

Does the current system reward is rewarding enough for a wing? It depend which one.

A wing that you get 50 shards, the weekly drop and the double gold reward have a pretty great reward if you ask me. Like wing 2 is right now.

A wing that you get 50 shards, the weekly drop and standard gold reward have an ok reward. Like wing 1 is right now.

The problem is that even right now the second wing don’t give you 50 shards. With the guild booster and 1 or 2 fail during wing 1, you gonna reach the cap of 100 with the Bandit Trio.

A wing that give you zero shards, the weekly drop and double gold reward isn’t enough reward too if you ask me. What the wing 3 will be if nothing change.

And it’s worst because people are not stupid, they will see that and decide to do 2 wings. My group will probably do wing 3 and wing 1 and skip wing 2 for most weeks. After that, there will be few reason to do wing 2 because it will give zero shard, the weekly drop and standard gold.

So if the raid reward is good. It is for wing 1, wing 2 or incoming wing 3? Because they all give or will give different reward. Or do the overall reward for all wing is good? And if so is it good to have discrepancy or reward between different wing? And if so how much discrepancy is good?

Dinosaurs.8674

If you’re looking at it in terms of average value per hour then the weekly raid clear is one of the most profitable things you can do in the entire game, assuming you are playing with a good group. So in that sense the rewards are amazing, but there are also enough people that get extremely unlucky with drops that I would say the reward system is far from ideal. Still, since the average reward is already good, I would rather see something that just makes boss drops more consistent (e.g. chance of ascended drop from a raid boss increases every time you don’t get one; or something along the lines of a reward track). This isn’t necessarily the best way to do it, but it’s an example of something that would work. The reward track in particular would help another issue, which is incentive for clears after the weekly first, which a magnetite cap increase does nothing to address.

Increasing the magnetite cap would in theory kindof reduce the disparity between lucky and unlucky players (in the sense that 101 vs 100 drops is much less of a difference than 1 vs 0), but practically it would continue the system where some players receive double or triple the rewards of others, even over a fairly long stretch of time. I’m also not a fan of the increasing number of “free” ascended drops considering how costly they are to craft, and these will only increase with time as new content is added.

I guess we see it differently, but I completely disagree with your assertion that magnetite shards are more valuable than the boss drops. It’s tough to argue it effectively either way because it largely depends on how much you care about the flexibility of magnetite versus the raw value of ascended drops. But unless you already have a whole lot of ascended sets and only care about specific skins, I don’t really see how the magnetite on kill is better, especially since ascended drops are guaranteed to be worth at least 60 magnetite.

And since I think the boss drops are much better than the magnetite reward, I don’t see the addition of the third wing as a nerf to rewards at all. It is certainly true that the reward per unit time will be reduced, but the overall average reward is substantially increased. Basically, we are taking a small loss in [reward / raid boss], but we also get a 50% increase in raid bosses.

Imagine this scenario: You receive no magnetite reward from killing bosses; however, you will receive the “weekly reward” for every clear you do. This is a fairly large loss of profit per boss, but I don’t think you need to bust out the calculator and spreadsheets to know that the profit you would make would be disgusting. Raiding would be the most profitable farm in the game. This is the scenario we move towards by adding an extra wing, and is essentially the scenario we will be in if there are eventually a large number of raids with good rewards.

So yeah I don’t think raid rewards are undertuned at all, it’s just that the rewards are only available once a week and you can get them all in about an hour. Raising the magnetite cap doesn’t do anything to address what I see as the larger problems of inconsistent player rewards and incentives for raid clears after the first.

Malediktus.9250

Exactly. We should determine was is a decent reward for a wing and start from there to develop a system that work well with that reward.

Does the current system reward is rewarding enough for a wing? It depend which one.

A wing that you get 50 shards, the weekly drop and the double gold reward have a pretty great reward if you ask me. Like wing 2 is right now.

A wing that you get 50 shards, the weekly drop and standard gold reward have an ok reward. Like wing 1 is right now.

The problem is that even right now the second wing don’t give you 50 shards. With the guild booster and 1 or 2 fail during wing 1, you gonna reach the cap of 100 with the Bandit Trio.

A wing that give you zero shards, the weekly drop and double gold reward isn’t enough reward too if you ask me. What the wing 3 will be if nothing change.

And it’s worst because people are not stupid, they will see that and decide to do 2 wings. My group will probably do wing 3 and wing 1 and skip wing 2 for most weeks. After that, there will be few reason to do wing 2 because it will give zero shard, the weekly drop and standard gold.

So if the raid reward is good. It is for wing 1, wing 2 or incoming wing 3? Because they all give or will give different reward. Or do the overall reward for all wing is good? And if so is it good to have discrepancy or reward between different wing? And if so how much discrepancy is good?

I couldnt care less about being at shard cap, I enjoy the random loot you get. I will definitely do all wings until I got all the skins and miniatures.

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Boss drops worth more than the shards themselves? Don’t make me laugh, that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard all week. I’ve cleared the raids enough times to purchase a full set of ascended armor purely from shards.

In that time, I’ve gotten 1 ascended boots.

Yes, the boss drops are fantastic and valuable, please tell me more.

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

Boss drops worth more than the shards themselves? Don’t make me laugh, that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard all week. I’ve cleared the raids enough times to purchase a full set of ascended armor purely from shards.

Yes, because anecdote is a valid proof. Here’s mine: since the raid started I have like… 10 ascended drops maybe (including weapons which is priced higher than armor), and the ghostly infusion. So yes, to me the boss drops are pretty decent, considering raid and pvp is the only thing I do these days.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

reminds me strongly of how rewards are structured in dailies. you only get the spirit shards and 2g once, but each daily task has a small reward associated with it as well for doing it specifically.

dailies work. theyre actually quite good.

i dont see why the same kind of structure wont work for raids.

however, i find 600~1000 shards to be too expensive. even 250 is too much when you have/want to buy 4-5 things. but thats a tuning problem with the vendor. not a problem with acquisition.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Malediktus.9250

I average over 100 bonus shards per week from sacrificing all loot except missing miniatures. I salvage all the armors and weapons because they are worthless to me (got plenty of them from other sources)

Neox.3497

reminds me strongly of how rewards are structured in dailies. you only get the spirit shards and 2g once, but each daily task has a small reward associated with it as well for doing it specifically.

dailies work. theyre actually quite good.

i dont see why the same kind of structure wont work for raids.

however, i find 600~1000 shards to be too expensive. even 250 is too much when you have/want to buy 4-5 things. but thats a tuning problem with the vendor. not a problem with acquisition.

Not to mention two handed weapons costing 500 shards and Coats costing 400 shards. Instead of looking at the crafting costs they simply took the value of the stats they provide… yeah… that makes totally sense!

Oh and when will they change this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Slubling_Tonic

I mean… REALLY anet? 500 shards AND 20 gold… for an item that you can get for 15 gold on the TP? You should have expected that since it’s a “useless” item that just fills up your inventory.

Please fix the prices. Thanks.

Posted by: Hornet.6357

Hornet.6357

Shard cap should be increased to allow for killing all bosses and still getting shards. This is completely inline with how the system currently operates. Furthermore, people are comparing shards to consolation prizes, They absolutely aren’ t. A consolation prize is given only if you DO NOT achieve the ultimate goal. They are currently given both for the kill, and getting close to it.

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

The shard cap as it is shouldn’t exist, period. You should get a fixed amount of shards per boss per week, not a fixed amount as a whole.

I also see no point in rewarding shards for failures, it doesn’t contribute to anything.

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I must say… I don’t get the fascination with shards… I have almost 3000 of these things, what do people use them for? I’m hoping the final wing has some actual interesting items on the vendor.

Neox.3497

I must say… I don’t get the fascination with shards… I have almost 3000 of these things, what do people use them for? I’m hoping the final wing has some actual interesting items on the vendor.

Well 3k = 3 infusions ~1300 gold.

Malediktus.9250

I have over 3500 shards, but I wont waste them for ghostly infusions. ~1200g is worth less to me than 3,5k shards

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I envy you people.

NSPride <3

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well 3k = 3 infusions ~1300 gold.

Seems like a waste to me. 1300g is like a week of AB. I’m hoping the final wing has some expensive and rare rewards that we actually have to work towards.

I’d love to see raid only glider skins, or toys, or more infusions. With so many legendary weapons having unique weapon skins is sort of lackluster to me. I already spent 3-4k gold to get my legendary skin, yet anyone with 500 shards can get the raid skin.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

50 shards per wing, 150 shards for the full raid. np
Means people who can oneshot every boss are capped right off the bat but still get shards for every boss.

Malediktus.9250

Means people who can oneshot every boss are capped right off the bat but still get shards for every boss.

11 shards per both so 99 for all 3 wings if anything. there is no need to give even more shards per week since you gain plenty from spare loot.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

11 shards per both so 99 for all 3 wings if anything. there is no need to give even more shards per week since you gain plenty from spare loot.

What spare loot? lol
The last drop I was able to turn into shards has been some time ago, RNG is RNG. I’m aware that they’re just supposed to be a “fallback-currency” but as has been mentioned, this is not working properly…

Malediktus.9250

You should get roughly 100 additional shards per week if you turn in all the minis and salvage all the ascended junk the raids throw at you.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You should get roughly 100 additional shards per week if you turn in all the minis and salvage all the ascended junk the raids throw at you.

pfft
This might be the case for you and that’s good and all, but no, this isn’t the case for everyone, or at least me. I haven’t seen minis or even asc gear from raids in weeks, the last thing I had was a weapon chest from matthias I got about two months ago.

Thaddeus.4891

We already get 50 shards per wing, I understand that we shouldn’t buff the reward, but why nerf it to 33 shards per wing. We don’t want to nerf or buff the reward, we just want to keep it like it is right now.

Malediktus.9250

When there was only 1. wing available you got 100 shards per wing, your point? Back then you couldnt salvage drops for more shards.

really baffled at why you salvage the ascended gear rather than hoard it to gear up more toons.

Two reasons:
I only play 3 classes in PVE currently and I also get plenty of ascended chests outside of raids to use those. I got several chests from WvW (5?) and two from tequatl within a few days alone. So I am set if I ever decide to play more classes in pve.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

really baffled at why you salvage the ascended gear rather than hoard it to gear up more toons.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Fay.2357

Ah yes, the “I get really good RNG, so everyone that doesn’t get good RNG should suck it” argument…

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Ah yes, the “I get really good RNG, so everyone that doesn’t get good RNG should suck it” argument…

^

I mean come on, getting 5 wvw chests + 2 teq chests in the matter of a few days? I didn’t even see that many chests in total outside of fractals lol

LegACy.1296

When there was only 1. wing available you got 100 shards per wing, your point? Back then you couldnt salvage drops for more shards.

Sorry, but this is WRONG. The amount of shard for wing 1 bosses has stayed basically the same since raid was first released: 10 for VG, 14 for Gor, and 18 for Sabetha (though I may be wrong and Gor at one point only gave 12 shards). And there’s also the 8 shards from the mini events.

Malediktus.9250

Sorry, but this is WRONG. The amount of shard for wing 1 bosses has stayed basically the same since raid was first released: 10 for VG, 14 for Gor, and 18 for Sabetha (though I may be wrong and Gor at one point only gave 12 shards). And there’s also the 8 shards from the mini events.

Noone stopped you from playing wing 1 a 2nd time to hit the shard cap

LegACy.1296

…no one stopped you from failing VG 100 times to hit the shard cap either, your point?

Malediktus.9250

…no one stopped you from failing VG 100 times to hit the shard cap either, your point?

The point: You should be happy that you can cap out without repeating content now.

Neox.3497

The point: You should be happy that you can cap out without repeating content now.

The problem is that you will be capped after doing wing 1 and wing 2 meaning no more shards for wing 3. It might be ok but it simply feels wrong.

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Any chance we’ll be getting the shard cap raised come wing 3? Perhaps to 150/200?

Wing 1 and 2 is already MORE than enough to cap. If I did the math right, it will still be enough to cap just doing those 2 wings when the bonus moves to wing 3.
It’d be nice to be able to get a reason to grind our faces against it even more, or spend time clearing previous wings.

Personally, I’m a fan of all these skins, but suddenly, I need rings and other shiny things for stat combos that only come from here! Send help! =)

Posted by: valheru.7891

valheru.7891

Even when your capped. The mini’s you get you can sell to the merchant at the start of the raid wing for extra shards. If you get an ascended weapon but you don’t need it. Just salvage it. You get extra shards. I know for sure you still get your shards when you already reached the cap. But I’m not sure if you didn’t reached the cap yet if the acquired shards through these methods will count towards the cap.

So even when you reached the cap. it’s still possible to earn more shards while defeating bosses.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I stand by that 100 shards per week is a good cap because it limits the frequency that things like ghostly infusions enter the market and also maintains the value of rewards like ascended armor that can be obtained through other means. A lot of players also play specifically to hit the cap, so if the cap gets raised people will go back to what was happening with only 1 wing out and grind failures of bosses to hit the cap, which is not what ANet wants.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Neox.3497

I stand by that 100 shards per week is a good cap because it limits the frequency that things like ghostly infusions enter the market and also maintains the value of rewards like ascended armor that can be obtained through other means. A lot of players also play specifically to hit the cap, so if the cap gets raised people will go back to what was happening with only 1 wing out and grind failures of bosses to hit the cap, which is not what ANet wants.

Or cap the shards per wing. About 40 per wing should be fine.

Fay.2357

Why on earth would people start grinding boss failures if killing all 9 bosses 1 time each would cap?