Skipping Vs. Fighting

Skipping Vs. Fighting

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

This one time I asked a devoted christian whether I was going to hell because I said I don’t believe in Jesus being the son of god, and he said “yes”. My take away from it was you just can’t convince people out of certain things. Skipping vs Fighting is like arguing atheistism vs religion.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: MHCerberus.1385

MHCerberus.1385

Woah, other players that support not skipping on the forums? ^(T-T)^ This is indeed a beautiful day for the Motherland!

Death Express in game
Beta, remembering the good ol’ days

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

You know what’s fun? Making all the mobs in Arah port to the start of the dungeon. Let’s see you try to skip now, filthy elitists!

^ BAG FARM AT ARAH START!

Just bring your staff ELE’s and bomb the $#!7 out of them… if you die f12, res and reenter and bomb on! just make sure you use your mist form to pick up the bags before you die…

Or just solo it, pull them close to WP and just repawn over and over, naked with your staff & potion of undead slaying as armor….

GG.

Why bother to run, just rinse and repeat after all the trash mobs. Just doin it like a robot…. the new arah pre path farm…

ROFL.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

but when will the skipping crowd accept that being able to destroy every enemy in the path quickly requires skill and that enjoying combat in a combat based game is not kittened in the head?

We enjoy combat in the game. Boss combat. Bosses have tells and mechanics and don’t die to one auto attack. Fighting trash mobs doesn’t require reacting to tells or dodging. That isn’t a good example of the GW2 combat system. When they fix Lupicus, I suggest you learn to solo him. Once you’ve done an off the wall lupicus solo you can lecture us on what is more fun.

So can I lecture you now? I love boss fights, and I love solo’ing bosses. But I get as much enjoyment from clearing a room full of mobs as I do from killing one boss. Honestly, my favorite boss fight to solo is Mai Trin.

I can’t suspend my disbelief enough to take that seriously.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Skipping Vs. Fighting

MHCerberus.1385

but when will the skipping crowd accept that being able to destroy every enemy in the path quickly requires skill and that enjoying combat in a combat based game is not kittened in the head?

We enjoy combat in the game. Boss combat. Bosses have tells and mechanics and don’t die to one auto attack. Fighting trash mobs doesn’t require reacting to tells or dodging. That isn’t a good example of the GW2 combat system. When they fix Lupicus, I suggest you learn to solo him. Once you’ve done an off the wall lupicus solo you can lecture us on what is more fun.

So can I lecture you now? I love boss fights, and I love solo’ing bosses. But I get as much enjoyment from clearing a room full of mobs as I do from killing one boss. Honestly, my favorite boss fight to solo is Mai Trin.

I can’t suspend my disbelief enough to take that seriously.

Not my problem. Eye of the tiger yo

Death Express in game

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Skipping wouldn’t be a thing if the rewards were decent for killing those mobs.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Fun is subjective.

Skipping trash mobs and fighting trash mobs are both equally valid ways to do a dungeon.

It’s like the series The Sims. There are a multitude of ways to play the game:

• Just build
  • Just make Sims
  • Use Sims as a medium to tell a story or create videos
  • Play one save at a time
  • Play multiple saves at a time, bouncing between them
  • Play saves under rules designed by other players – challenges
  • Make Sims with the sole intent to kill them or otherwise make their lives utterly miserable.

None of those ways are the wrong way to play. I personally don’t find building fun at all. Bores me. Quickly. But some people it’s so fun they’ve banded together with other people who like building to take on requests from players like me who hate building.

I personally think it’s a good thing that ANet allows for both skipping trash mobs and fighting trash mobs. It lets both groups of players play the way they want to play. It’s just a shame that the jerks on both sides give each side a bad name. Not saying that anyone in this thread is one, mind you.

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

…..stuff… But to only have one skipper try your way and actually say thank you when it works would make you a bit kitten like me. The feeling of being above 10kAP and having some pug with >2kAP, meta build, skip, stack, #yolopuglife, say I don’t know how to play while he lays on the dirt dead and I solo the bosses of CoE only to quietly go and rez him afterwards….stuff….

A few things. No one here cares about AP. It’s a pug metric. It has no power here.

Also, I think you mean well but you won’t convince anyone to kill trash mobs. Here’s the thing. It’s always been available as an option. It’s not a hidden feature. If we want to kill mobs, we will kill mobs.

No one here is pushing pugs around either. They’re either a) Not pugging at all or b) Helping pugs out. The people here are not making LFG for “50k AP noscopers only”. Your complaints here are aimed at the wrong people.

Killing trash sucks. Skipping isn’t particularly fun either. What is fun? Banter with friends. Dungeons are a backdrop for conversation with my friends. Let’s not try to dictate fun for others hmm?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

It is 2015 and this is still a topic to debate about o.o

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: Muffin Nook.5923

Muffin Nook.5923

Dungeons aren’t fun at this stage of the game. The people I do dungeons with are fun though. We treat each dungeon path end boss is someone who owes us money. The faster we get to it the faster we collect what is owed.
Once our daily dungeon tour is over then we can go do whatever we do for fun.
If you have the stomach for taking the time to kill whatever is in your way, more power to you. But I doubt you are doing 15-17 paths in 2-4 hours making bank.

Skipping Vs. Fighting

MHCerberus.1385

Something just made me very, very happy. So there I was at my bro’s house Saturday night. Four of us with our big gaming computers, beer, and over-sized monitors all crammed into his room to run dungeons. Mind you, I get kitten in forums but in-game I am very calm and cool about dealing with other players. My brother however, likes to mess with people. All four of us dislike to skip things in dungeons. First run, CoF P1. We get Ele with legendary weapons and nice titles that agrees to not skip. We get to the bridge when they say, “we can just run passed this”. UGH, we talk and find someone else. They continue to message us about how we are kitten noobs and should learn how to play. We get Thief using D/D. He plows through everything thing while caps typing danger zone and telling us how much better it feels to fight everything. He sticks with us a few runs. Next run, TA both nightmare paths. We get low AP pug that starts right off the bat telling us that skipping is better and we should learn to play. My brother goes off. Both go at each other like angry teens for minutes. Pug settles to run through with us to prove his point. Half way through, he tells us that this is the most fun he has had in a dungeon. Suddenly we all get along and telling jokes while beating everything down. He calculated that he made an extra 2 gold per run this way. Ran 4 more dungeons with him. Every time (not exaggerating) we killed that areas players normally skip, someone got an exotic. That feel when we made believers and great friends out of skippers. That last pug was about to stop playing because he found dungeons boring, work. He now wants to run them for fun.

Death Express in game

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

grats, you’re like the only person on this entire forum to actually tell pugs your requirements and stick to it rather than whining

now if only everyone else who whines about skipping could do the same

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

:-\ My experience is the polar opposite, I tell my pugs that we are skipping every single mob and they tell me “Wow I have never ran a dungeon this fast before” or “Wow I never knew you can just avoid everything in this path.”

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

(That must be… a lot of exotics)

Attachments:

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Killing trash sucks. Skipping isn’t particularly fun either. What is fun? Banter with friends. Dungeons are a backdrop for conversation with my friends. Let’s not try to dictate fun for others hmm?

This. The best runs are with lively and fun teams, whether we breeze through effortlessly or wipe during elite encounters.

I’ll take speed over a full clear any day though.

Skipping Vs. Fighting

MHCerberus.1385

(That must be… a lot of exotics)

I do have much more dark matter now =3 Also this picture is great, I actually lol’d at this. I can understand that some players find it fun to speed run and think of dungeons like a job. As in, “I put x time in, I should get x rewards”. I find it way more fun to play this game as a challenging but relaxed time, the loot and rewards are a bonus to me because it’s the rest of it that makes it worth while for me. I also find, as seen in kitten picture, that by playing this way I enjoy playing more often and I get greater rewards. My real-life jobs are a bit stressful, so I like my gaming time to be relaxing.

Death Express in game

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Skipping vs Fighting in dungeons is like Chocolate vs Vanilla for ice cream.

For most people, they have a preference between chocolate and vanilla and a lot of times, they can’t tell you exactly why they like one more than other. Beyond the simple, I like it better.

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

As a general rule, I skip what it makes sense to skip and I kill what it makes sense to kill. If my team is really good and we have the classes to skip stuff, I prefer to skip, but I’d also prefer killing stuff if it means that my pubs won’t die during a skip five times back-to-back. In the end, though, I vastly prefer fast-paced runs that skip as much as humanly possible; it’s a lot more fun for me.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

Stop liking what I don’t like!

Hahaha, this.

Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

Skipping Vs. Fighting

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Oh my, we have to skip everything in order to make it as efficient as possible.
That is why i suggest every time you feel like doing a dungeon, you skip the whole thing and just stay idling in LA (or where your “base of operations” is).