Skipping getting out of hand

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Please do something about skipping in dungeons and fractals. More and more people trying to skip everything. Even if I kindly ask to not skip good loot mobs people do it anyway. If I engage combat with the group they just run past me leaving me for dieing. In the end they earned nothing because the rest of the dungeon takes 40% longer with 1-2 people dead and doing nothing.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Rathore.9348

Rathore.9348

Before you enter the dungeon at all, ask how many people intend to skip mobs. The truth is if two people want to skip, then chances are the rest of you will have to as well in the interest of cooperating. If skipping is unacceptable to you then just apologize and gracefully leave the group. Your frustration is not worth a few dungeon tokens.

Eventually you’ll find folks who will actually want to kill things and not just rely on chest loot. Once you find those people, make a few friends and ask about their guilds. A tiny bit of networking goes a long way both in game and in life. As a bonus, I’ve found that the people who regularly engage in rather than avoid combat tend to be much more skilled and more knowledgeable about the game.

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

good loot mobs

The thing is, most mobs don’t drop any particularly good loot. If you’re really in it to try and get great loot out of mobs in dungeons (sans Fractals, maybe), you would be far better off just going to Cursed Shore and zerg farming for a much higher rate of drops. Same old loot, but far more of it. It isn’t even comparable.

I don’t care if my group wants to skip or fight. If they want to skip everything, sure! If they want to fight everything, great! I’m always up for whatever, and in fact I often encourage my groups to man up and do stuff like not kite while Magg plants the bomb and what not. But you can’t blame people for wanting to skip mobs. They do not offer anything special as a reward, they usually aren’t very engaging to fight (hell, many bosses are snoozefests), and as a result, people don’t care to fight them. If they aren’t fun/interesting for people to fight and they provide no real incentive to kill over not killing (again, if your target is lots of loot then dungeons really aren’t the way to go), then people will naturally skip them if possible.

The prevalence of skipping is more of an issue with Anet design than how bad people are. With the current dungeon and mob design, there’s little reason in most people’s minds to fight them. If you want people to start fighting all of them, then either change their aggro patterns or increase the incentive to fight them, by improving their loot and making them interesting.

Malediktus.9250

How is killing stuff which drops t5 and t6 mats (and greens, yellows and very rarely exotics) not viable? Only people who play the TP can claim that.

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Then advertise groups for people that don’t want to skip.

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

How is killing stuff which drops t5 and t6 mats (and greens, yellows and very rarely exotics) not viable? Only people who play the TP can claim that.

Yes, a lot of mobs in CoF COULD drop T5/T6 mats at lvl 75… If they dropped loot at all…

Malediktus.9250

I am not doing CoF frequently, but the problem exists in dungeons where they drop, too. Especially in fractals skipping is going to the extreme.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I’ll admit, I can understand skipping trash in normal dungeons, but skipping trash in Fractals is silly due to the t6 mats dropping like candy.

That said, if people want to skip, let them. People would skip all the time even in GW1, especially in Bogroot Growths. It’s what basic speedrunning is about.

If you don’t like skipping, I’m sure you can find likeminded people if you make your own group.

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

Mobs in cursed shore drop such things just as often, per mob. The difference is that there are FAR more of them, and they die much faster/easier than your standard silver. Which is the reason why silvers in dungeons feel unrewarding. Basically the same drops, but one is far and away much more efficient than the other.

If people wanted to farm t5/t6 mats and rares and the like from mobs, they wouldn’t be doing dungeons. They would be farming in zergs in orr, because it’s far more efficient for the time spent, and there’s far less risk of some random crappy pugs “screwing it up”.

Fractals is different, as they have much better loot drops overall there, as well as some unique stuff. Hence why I said “sans Fractals”.

Which is actually another issue in itself, but… that’s for another discussion.

Look, I pretty much just farm dungeons all day. My favorite dungeon is CoE, and I pretty much farm all paths daily, if not multiple full clears daily (I have a lot of 80s). CoE is also one of those dungeons that doesn’t actually have much to skip (assuming you’re not straight up exploiting by blinking through doors, which we never do). We usually kill everything but maybe the Champion Icebrood Wolf because its annoying and not really worth it (though with the new silver rewards it might be). And as I said, I really don’t care one way or another on the skip issue. But if you don’t understand that dungeon mobs aren’t anything special (meaning crappy for the time invested) in the loot department, then, well… you’re not going to be convinced otherwise at this point, and i’m just going to drop it.

Hell, the main reason I like to kill silvers in dungeons is it gives me sigil stacks. At the end of a CoE path, I generally fill maybe 20-30 slots in my inventory? And most of that is vendor trash, and 8-12 of those items come from chests, not mob drops. Meanwhile, in a good zerg in orr, I can max out my inventory multiple times from empty in far less time. The difference in efficiency is like night and day for anyone who actually pays attention and cares about that stuff.

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I’d rather see trash (in future dungeons) have a nerf in total HP, or increase in rewards/drop. Along with many groups of patrolling mobs.

I’d like to have the choice of a speed run where leashing isn’t required, or clearing everything and potentially having the same reward(gold)/hour.

Right now I can’t blame people for leashing mobs. But it sure does feel cheesy leashing trash.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

the trash mobs should be like the Jade enemies in the Jade Sea Fractal.

you can skip all that trash up to Maw easily, perfectly an option.
but my group never does, because those Jade drop Onyx Lodestones, and i’ve also had my fair share of named Exotics from these mobs aswell.

all in all, you want Trash worth killing, dredge is another good example, pretty much everyone hates them but the loot they drop is more than worth it as Miner Bags are very rewarding for the most part with Gossamer and Destroyer Core/Lodestones.

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Look to put it plainly start your own party, advertise here , and specify what you want to do. You’ll see it all the time speed vs cash. The way I see it skipping is just easier especially in fractals mats are fine, but I rather just get to the boss. If I want cash I’ll farm AC or play the market. Its kind of hard to tell one player kill these mobs here for loots while they sit on a pile of cash they got elsewhere much easier.

I was in the Uncategorized Fractal earlier took us half an hour but the thing was when we got to the harpies for the second round of falling and rezzing. I got tired of it so I ran past all the, mobs and starting killing for the back end. It still took the party 8 mins to catch up. Honestly it makes more sense in many (not all) cases just to speed run.

Also you have got to admit that after the 50th run of the same ole same ole you get tired a little jaded and you know the fastest routes and methods. While some body will beg for Kholer you can look at the party make up and see how long its going to take. And that’s a much bigger issue.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Any time spent killing trash mobs for t5/6 mats in a dungeon could be spent killing mobs in cursed shore, except in cursed shore you would get 5x as many drops.

Anet make Rev great again.

Wasabi Kitty.8247

the trash mobs should be like the Jade enemies in the Jade Sea Fractal.

you can skip all that trash up to Maw easily, perfectly an option.
but my group never does, because those Jade drop Onyx Lodestones, and i’ve also had my fair share of named Exotics from these mobs aswell.

all in all, you want Trash worth killing, dredge is another good example, pretty much everyone hates them but the loot they drop is more than worth it as Miner Bags are very rewarding for the most part with Gossamer and Destroyer Core/Lodestones.

Yes that would be nice. The mobs in jade maw fractal are one way trash mobs could be handled better. They’re actually worth killing for a change. Sometimes we still skip if it’s been a long run and we just want to finish, but I usually kill them.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I know the path of least resistance is human nature and all.
But, during this dungeon run I think I’ve fought all of 12 mobs total. And when I say ‘this dungeon run’, I mean literally; I am still doing this dungeon. Because during my second consecutive AFK Boss fight, I’ve got more than enough time to kill on a forum post.

And this, apparently, is ‘not too much’ by somebody’s standards. I can’t even imagine what this guy considers an actual speedclear with actual cheesing to be. Must be blitzing past mobs so fast he’s breaking the sound barrier.

In theory,
I’m fine with the Pug community segregating dungeon running into two distinct activities. It’s just the communication involved is so malformed. More often than not I’m just talking past other people as we both work off our different inner definitions of how much skipping is necessary to qualify something as a ‘speedclear’. Because there’s no universal objective line in the sand that distinguishes it.

We just don’t have the language in place to make sure Like is grouping with Like. While we’re sitting around trying to feel out the semantics in specific, dungeon runs seem to be increasingly becoming a frustrating conflict of interests. The path of least resistance is yielding new and inventive feats of laziness every day, and it’s creating a wider and wider gap between what these two groups consider the ideal dungeon experience.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Skipping is an option and is subjective. When it comes to pugging, you should be the one to make and advertise for the group if you want to run it a specific way. As mentioned above, we all have our own preferences of doing fractals.

I personally don’t PuG. Grouping with randoms can be inconsistent and you can’t expect randoms to follow a “standard”. People will leave groups in the middle of run, randomly AFK, argue about strategies, leave you behind, etc.

My personal group and I just want the fractal relics, so we have an agreement to skip unnecessary mobs to save time, so we can do other dungeons instead of just fractals. No one gets left behind and dies because we’ve done all the fractals killing every mob several times and now know where to go.

My point is that you shouldn’t expect PuGs to do things your way unless you made the group yourself, advertising that you don’t want skipping or whatever other criteria you have. If I were in a PuG, I wouldn’t skip because I don’t know their capabilities or knowledge of the runs. I don’t think forcing a run preference on other people is the answer. You forcing your preference on them is just as bad as them leaving you behind for your preference. Grouping with other like-minded individuals should be a sufficient solution. Vox explains this better than I do in the post above.

Malediktus.9250

Any time spent killing trash mobs for t5/6 mats in a dungeon could be spent killing mobs in cursed shore, except in cursed shore you would get 5x as many drops.

Really? I tried cursed shores a few times and thought drops were horrible there.

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

Before you enter the dungeon at all, ask how many people intend to skip mobs.

^That.

You(Malediktus.9250) are getting angry at ppl who skip.
I am getting angry at ppl who don’t want to skip and call everything that saves time an exploit.
There are always two sides of a coin, and politely asking if the group intends to skip or not solves this problem.

Malediktus.9250

If just one person in the group wants to kill something you do it. Theres no reason to have something like democrazy in groups.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

If just one person in the group wants to kill something you do it. Theres no reason to have something like democrazy in groups.

So if there was a path with mobs completely away from the main path and someone wanted to kill stuff there, everyone should kill them? I thought people joined groups to cooperate and agree to a single goal, not perform a rogue action to dictate what everyone else should do.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Problem is that skipping evidently bugs out certain dungeon NPCs, making it impossible to progress.

Detha in AC path 2 is a good example of this.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

So go kill it. Who’s stopping you? You can kill and they can skip. Problem solved.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Come with me to arah, I’m gonna clear whole dungeon of mobs. And you and the rest of our team will have to help me with that cause we won’t have democrazy.

Malediktus.9250

Sounds good if you are playing on european servers. I have spent 7 hours on an Arah path before.

haviz.1340

I am playing on euro serv but that was rather ironic challenge. No one in his mind would want to do that because there’s no reason for that. And good job on spending 7 hrs in Arah ;P

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

If just one person in the group wants to kill something you do it.

You want people to care about what you want yet you absolutely don’t care about their opinion. Why would the rest of the party change the way they do things just because you want them too? Don’t enforce your playstyle on other people, let them play the game in a way they enjoy.

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

For those of us that are hit with permanent DR skipping makes sense because all we would get are darkened claws and porous bones anyways. Why waste time?

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

People should be glad we can skip the trash mobs, or a lot of players would simply skip the entire dungeon experience. About the only time I ever go is when guildies need one more to fill the party, otherwise I can’t be bothered with them.

The dungeons take too long, they’re too hard, the drops are pathetic and bosses with one shot party wipe skills are a good sign of poor dungeon design. I take great delight in waving at Kholer every time I go right past him.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Ryltair.2857

Ryltair.2857

I personally play dungeons and fractals for fun. I don’t want to skip anything, I want the challenge and the synergy of group play that requres a specific build and gear layout. I have learned to ask beforehand if the group wants to skip content. If they go for ‘speedruns’ I’ll tell them that’s not my cup of tea and leave.

Malediktus.9250

People should be glad we can skip the trash mobs, or a lot of players would simply skip the entire dungeon experience. About the only time I ever go is when guildies need one more to fill the party, otherwise I can’t be bothered with them.

The dungeons take too long, they’re too hard, the drops are pathetic and bosses with one shot party wipe skills are a good sign of poor dungeon design. I take great delight in waving at Kholer every time I go right past him.

you are funny, I find most dungeons mind-numbing easy, even with pugs. And you can make a good income from dungeons, too if you dont die all the time. You are a typical case of learn to play.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

If just one person in the group wants to kill something you do it.

You want people to care about what you want yet you absolutely don’t care about their opinion. Why would the rest of the party change the way they do things just because you want them too? Don’t enforce your playstyle on other people, let them play the game in a way they enjoy.

Isn’t that a two way street? I mean why does another get their way and I do not? One runner, means everyone runs or dies typically in games like this. I guess games aren’t like movies and you don’t get “the way the director intended”, just the path of least resistance.

Posted by: Nozdrum.2894

Nozdrum.2894

In the end they earned nothing because the rest of the dungeon takes 40% longer with 1-2 people dead and doing nothing.

Take a look at what I wrote here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Twilight-Arbor-only-45-Tokens-at-the-end/first
We did five dungeons too fast, TOO FAST. We skipped every group and event possible. Also of course full berserk equip on all five people and none of us died while skipping ( mostly because we know how to dodge ). Now show me how you do that if you kill every mob and do every event you see in a dungeon.

haviz.1340

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Twilight-Arbor-only-45-Tokens-at-the-end/first
We did five dungeons too fast, TOO FAST. We skipped every group and event possible. Also of course full berserk equip on all five people and none of us died while skipping ( mostly because we know how to dodge ). Now show me how you do that if you kill every mob and do every event you see in a dungeon.

That’s because your average pug player is horrible and can’t skip by himself. Swapping skills/traits/utilites for something that helps you if you can’t propery dodge or you’d run out of endurance is an exotic concept for most people.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

In the end they earned nothing because the rest of the dungeon takes 40% longer with 1-2 people dead and doing nothing.

Depends on the dungeon.

For example in AC if you skip Kholer, you just skipped 12+ silver.

There are several champion gravelings that each drop 5 silver in that dungeon as well. Personally I like to skip the other trash but kill the ones that have guaranteed money. Why would I want to shave off a few minutes from the run if I am giving up money to do it?

haviz.1340

Depends on the dungeon.

For example in AC if you skip Kholer, you just skipped 12+ silver.

There are several champion gravelings that each drop 5 silver in that dungeon as well. Personally I like to skip the other trash but kill the ones that have guaranteed money. Why would I want to shave off a few minutes from the run if I am giving up money to do it?

Every dungeon got 3 bosses that drops 10 silver.

Malediktus.9250

THats good, DR should be stricter so skipping gets punished.

Posted by: Nozdrum.2894

Nozdrum.2894

THats good, DR should be stricter so skipping gets punished.

You are pretty ignorant. Your way of playing is not the only one. For example everyone in our guild wants legendary ( and when we are not in the mood to farm we just do fractals ). And a good way to get rares/ectos/exotics/money is to do dungeons fast and not kill mobs that don’t contribute to that. I am not saying everyone should skip – If you like killing all the mobs go for it, but make sure everyone knows it and everyone agrees to it. We always say that we speedrun and skip before we start anything ( when inviting randoms to our group ). If they don’t wanna do that they are free to leave, but if the are just stupid and don’t care for what the majority of the group want we just let em rot somewhere between the trash and eventually they leave or complain in the chat that it is impossible to skip. But again: If you want to do all the trash look for a group that also wants that and not try to impose your style on everybody else.

And to the dimishing return: We just make 5 minutes break between runs now, so the dr doesnt hit us. If the dr hits earlier we would just increase the breaks or would do something else inbetween, it would change nothing.

Posted by: Highvoltage.7946

Highvoltage.7946

then find a group that wants that dont ask a group that wants to skip not to. just leave!

Malediktus.9250

then find a group that wants that dont ask a group that wants to skip not to. just leave!

Leaving is a waste of time.

haviz.1340

Leaving is a waste of time.

So is killing most trash.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Please do something about skipping in dungeons and fractals. More and more people trying to skip everything. Even if I kindly ask to not skip good loot mobs people do it anyway. If I engage combat with the group they just run past me leaving me for dieing. In the end they earned nothing because the rest of the dungeon takes 40% longer with 1-2 people dead and doing nothing.

Yes totally agree, i’m tired of joining a dungeon so people can run past all the mobs and then get owned at the boss, which then because these players missed everything makes getting back to the boss event insanely difficult and time consuming…

I completely understand why they do it, the trash is insanely difficult and give no rewards at all, so its peoples nature to dodge these things…

But at what cost, we’ve had to abandon a fair few dungeons half way through and in my opinion its 99% because they dodged too much content then got us into sticky situations..

In my opinion these dungeons need a complete overhaul and rewards for everything need to be added, or lower the difficulty of the trash between bosses considerably..

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

You skip money drops, if you want tokens. That or you are r…

But Kohler is super!!!! hard, so people skip him I guess.

He is easy, actually. I can solo him so even if the rest of my team dies he won’t reset.

How about this. I want both tokens and money. They are both useful to me. It is short-sighted to skip the money drops just to get your tokens faster. Sure you might get your dungeon armor skin a little sooner but you will end up needing that money down the road, so might as well grab it where it’s easy.

I actually have no real use for my gold. I’ve got the ideal gear for my build (full exotics/ascended) with the skins I want (Light CoF armor, some mystic forge weapon skins) so I won’t end up needing that money down the road.

Yeah because they will never add anything new that you will want… And you’ll never ever decide to level and alt…

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I already have an alt, a level 80 thief.

Most of the best gear in this game can’t even be bought with gold. You can’t buy dungeon gear. I’m working on Arah gear for my thief. I could buy zerkers crafted gear, but it’s ugly. I farmed the weapons in dungeons because they look better than most other weapons (barring legendaries)

So all I’ve needed to buy for my thief is accessories. Ascended back farmed through fractals, 2 ascended rings from level 10+ daily in fractals. I spent about 8 gold on the amulet, earrings, and another 3 gold on trait books.

I’ve got 50 gold in the bank and doubt I’ll have a use for it anytime soon, and it just keeps growing.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Personally, there’s a certain line I follow and it’s this: “if we aggro it, we fight it.” Although, I’m not always the leader so that doesn’t always go true.

As far as skipping trash, some areas seem fine for me provided that there’s a legitimate shortcut around them. The part after the first boss in SE Path 3 where you can jump down and get attacked by spider mobs instead of more dredge would seem somewhat legit; but exploiting through the terrain in CM Butler and Asura paths is a red flag in my books.

Another red flag is skipping the entire trash found in the Jade Maw Fractal. I’m not a big fan of skipping all that trash, but PUGs do it anyway. I don’t know who designed the trash, but I shouldn’t be allowed to skip the entire Fractal just to get to the boss. Maybe a small pack or two, but the entire Fractal? For this one, my suggestion would be to space out the platforms far enough that you have to be out-of-combat to jump to them. Since most of those mobs have wind-up abilities, their attacks should be changed so that they open up with a quick attack that would put anyone immediately in combat. If you’re in combat, then the slowed running speed should be enough to miss the jumps. And if they could try to bypass it with Swiftness or Stealth, just put some kind of environmental effect that prevents Stealth and strips Swiftness every time somebody jumps. Or even introduce mobs with abilities that disables your ability to jump.

On the other hand, skipping bosses, like Kohler, is something I’m never big fan of. Granted, some of the bosses in this game are nothing more than a damage sponge, but I’ve always been kind of iffy about skippable bosses in just about every MMO I played.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

One could say skipping all the mobs in the Jade fractal was more intended than elsewhere. Anet expected people to skip as soon as they could, and placed in a special achievement for having actually killed everything.

It’s my firm belief that these dungeons were designed fully with the notion of skipping possibility intended. As such, until there is reason for not skipping (be it significantly better rewards, or mobs requiring to be killed to progress) I’ll keep skipping.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Ari Kagura.9182

One could say skipping all the mobs in the Jade fractal was more intended than elsewhere. Anet expected people to skip as soon as they could, and placed in a special achievement for having actually killed everything.

It’s my firm belief that these dungeons were designed fully with the notion of skipping possibility intended. As such, until there is reason for not skipping (be it significantly better rewards, or mobs requiring to be killed to progress) I’ll keep skipping.

It’s true that there is an achievement for killing all the mobs in the Jade fractal, but to achieve that one, you would have to go out of your way to kill the mobs that are behind you when you spawn in. Most people don’t pay attention to what’s behind them unfortunately, and often botch the achievement by forgetting those mobs that are hardly ever noticed. Same goes with the crab critters.

To each their own as opinions go, but if someone wants to go straight to the boss, then why design trash there in the first place? Why not just put an Asura Gate that takes you straight to the boss and get it over with … that’s how I see it.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

No you don’t kill it. You let the person die and if he fails to co-operate, you kick him.

If someone wanted to take the scenic route, they should clearly specify before going in instead of being a bad sport.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

To each their own as opinions go, but if someone wants to go straight to the boss, then why design trash there in the first place? Why not just put an Asura Gate that takes you straight to the boss and get it over with … that’s how I see it.

Skipping mobs (safely without abandoning your team) isn’t always a mindless task. Rooting, pulls, cripples, stealths, blocks, and other measures are needed in quite a few places to actually get past the mobs. Skipping in and of itself is the reward for being able to do it. If you understand your mobility well enough, the capabilities of the rest of your party, and the mobs you’re passing, then your reward is not having to time sink by killing them.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Ari Kagura.9182

Skipping mobs (safely without abandoning your team) isn’t always a mindless task. Rooting, pulls, cripples, stealths, blocks, and other measures are needed in quite a few places to actually get past the mobs. Skipping in and of itself is the reward for being able to do it. If you understand your mobility well enough, the capabilities of the rest of your party, and the mobs you’re passing, then your reward is not having to time sink by killing them.

In that case, I see that more as an “art-form” than anything. That’s like those crazy people who practice the art of Parkour running. Sure you get from A to B a little faster than the average jogger, but I think it’s more of a flashy way to get around, and usually pretty risky if you’re not careful at what you’re doing.

I did mentioned in my original post that I don’t mind skipping a few mobs, mostly those that are usually out of the way of the general direction, but skipping an entire Fractal … it just feels very weird. It doesn’t make sense— again, why design content that’s meant to skipped? Why design it at all if that’s the case? If the mobs were meant to be skipped, then there really should be heavy penalties for not skipping them, like turning those mobs into Champions and giving them abilities that could kill you in one hit (which in that case, the running-past mentality is no longer an art-form but a run-for-your-life sort of thing). In a designer’s point of view, I just find that sort thinking kind of bizarre.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I find it funny that people go into dungeons and expect four other people with better things to do with their time to help them farm, instead of doing it themselves. Most likely those are the people that go in in full p/v/t gear and contribute nothing to any of the fights, since those are also the people who wouldn’t be able to kill anything in the field on their own anyway.

I always laugh when I see a “NO SKIPPING” group on GW2LFG though, because those LFGs seem to be up forever. Obviously no one wants actually wants to not skip. Except OP, apparently.