Small things that bug you in (PUG) dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Also, people that post requirements on LFG pertaining to AP.

Lol I so agree on this, I could count with my fingers the number of players with ridiculously high AP that performed at least acceptably in dungeons with me.
While I find the best players are usually in the 3-8k AP range.

Hence why people have AP requirements that’s usually 3k+.

I’ve seen way too many people under 1k ap and clearly not knowing what to do expecting to be carried.

Just today I had a 500ap Warrior killing the acolytes in CoFp2 final boss before everyone was in position.

I can understand AP requirements in this aspect. Only reason I don’t write it is I don’t have enough space to, lol. I need to write “be experienced” and/or lv80s/speed run/path numbers/zerkers.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Being called noob by a noob

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

People who give me lecture about meleeing Lupi, as such:

• You have to stand in Lupi’kitten box and not ranging at all.
  • Don’t use swirling wind ever.
  • Don’t walk Lupi off the wall with FGS.
    just right before they fail to do their task.
    and then proceed to:
  • How many times have you melee’d Lupi?
  • Have you killed Lupi in an organized group before?
  • This may be not what you normally do but in our group we… et cetera.
    It surely puts me in an awkward situation not knowing how to answer.
“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

lol, what’s wrong with SW at Lupi? I’ve never brought my ele into Arah, but I’ve always fantasized about having SW during his p2 AoE…

Is it because the group is trying to reflect?

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

It’s good during the p2-p3 transition- I hate it so much on my thief…

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: petyr baelish.9675

petyr baelish.9675

Warriors that put banners inside the stack so i can’t pick up FGS/frost bow/2nd LH when playing ele.

People that pick up FGS but don’t know how to use it properly.

People that interrupt my CC with their CC when i’m trying to place a mob/boss into a favorable position, even after communicating about it it. Most of the time they use a knockdown, stun, etc. so they weren’t even trying to do the same thing…

People that refresh the defiant stacks on a boss for no apparent reason.

But most of all groups that just stupidly stay stacked at the same kittening location after they pushed the boss off the wall instead of trying to properly LoS it behind some other piece of terrain again.

By now i’m used to people ruining my fire fields when I’m might stacking as an ele, it makes me really sad when I see retal pop up instead of might but I’ve gotten used to it. However when some kittentard picks up my lh even after I ask them not to and they respond with ‘lol why? you don’t need 2 :p’ I just lose it. Most of the time it’s a warrior so I’ve started picking up their banners and using them as weapons instead until they stop picking up my lh.

(edited by petyr baelish.9675)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

lol, what’s wrong with SW at Lupi? I’ve never brought my ele into Arah, but I’ve always fantasized about having SW during his p2 AoE…

It might sound good and all, right? But if you use it on p2’s aoe lupi doesn’t phase switch and the group is screwed over – assuming the presence of guard, mes or ranger. Soooo… it depends. It depends on when you use it. It depends on the context. Everything is different if put into context.
In this case, I guess the mesmer messed up or something and they tried to blame the elly and the absence of SW. I assume.

I had a pug in fracs trying to blame me because I didn’t use reflects at shaman 1st phase, since I was keeping them for the adds He kept dying from the arrows. Didn’t dodge one. Still, I felt horrible. At least spoj got my back before I raged, gods bless him.
That’s the last time a pug dared to talk back. After that, no more bad experiences.
No pugs=better mental health

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

It might sound good and all, right? But if you use it on p2’s aoe lupi doesn’t phase switch and the group is screwed over – assuming the presence of guard, mes or ranger. Soooo… it depends. It depends on when you use it. It depends on the context. Everything is different if put into context.
In this case, I guess the mesmer messed up or something and they tried to blame the elly and the absence of SW. I assume.

I had a pug in fracs trying to blame me because I didn’t use reflects at shaman 1st phase, since I was keeping them for the adds He kept dying from the arrows. Didn’t dodge one. Still, I felt horrible. At least spoj got my back before I raged, gods bless him.
That’s the last time a pug dared to talk back. After that, no more bad experiences.

Any pug who doesn’t know that shields are only for adds phase in lava and blames the guard should be kicked. Any pug not dodging any of the arrows when he has such an obvious telegraph should be kicked without mercy.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

The mesmer failed to phase-skip so for the second aoe, I had to dodge backward and used swirling wind. They weren’t very happy because I moved from the ‘hit box’ and assumed that I’m inexperienced and caused all the bubbles afterward.

So after the wipe, I just used invuln and let them manage by themselves.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Well I am a PUG when it comes to dungeons, I fear entering them due to peoples reaction. Sometimes I out-play whoever is in it 75%+ of the time, but still fear the mistakes that I can make and the outcome of peoples responses towards them. Usually I enter a dungeon saying: “Yea don’t know much about this….” Not confident enough to see my real performance since I don’t dungeon often lol. I mean I completed my Fractal Backpiece… Isn’t Fractals harder? :P

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

When you put an AR requirement in your LFG for a high lvl fractal and someone ignores it. Then, when you ask them about how much AR they have after you just watched them get hit with agony they still insist that they have enough AR.

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

People who give me lecture about meleeing Lupi, as such:

• You have to stand in Lupi’kitten box and not ranging at all.
  • Don’t use swirling wind ever.
  • Don’t walk Lupi off the wall with FGS.
    just right before they fail to do their task.
    and then proceed to:
  • How many times have you melee’d Lupi?
  • Have you killed Lupi in an organized group before?
  • This may be not what you normally do but in our group we… et cetera.
    It surely puts me in an awkward situation not knowing how to answer.

Do you even lupi though?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I’m not very easily annoyed but here’s a few things that grind my gears when I have to pug:

1. People that cannot break free from their usual pug tactics whenever presented with a superior approach to a fight/phase of a dungeon and are just stubborn;

It’s actually people who want to force advanced tactics on the group during PUGs who annoy me. The group often isn’t properly equipped, skilled enough or even interested, and it usually ends up taking more time than it’s worth.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Elitists who think they’re something special just because they do a load of easy dungeons over and over. LOL

A+

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

Any pug who doesn’t know that shields are only for adds phase in lava and blames the guard should be kicked. Any pug not dodging any of the arrows when he has such an obvious telegraph should be kicked without mercy.

:-( I sometimes fail to dodge the arrows (yes, it’s telegraphed, but particle effects and perspective … I don’t always respond in time); and most PUG players seem to fail consistently at it. OTOH, I wouldn’t try to blame anyone else for my failed dodges.

Things that bother me in PUGs:

Elitism (especially in casual groups, but even outside that — I’d like to play well or I wouldn’t be reading this forum — but it is a game)

Casuals in serious groups (listen to what others request … I don’t like to second kicks, but I will if it seems called for)

Lack of communication — I’m actually happy to adjust my weapons and skills if others want to take a particular approach … and I’m willing to try new things, though I may suck the first time.

People who talk about being “Pro” … I always want to ask them: so you’re paid to play this game?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

The things I dislike about PUGs:
-kitteny jerks who insult and rage when something wrong happens.
-People who get indignant about members who are below 80 in party, in an “All welcome” LFG.
-People who get mad at me when I use banners as a warrior. (true story)
-Other warriors in party refuse to coordinate which utilities we should use. If I got the banners, maybe use something else and not THE SAME BANNER! Or visa versa.
-People who run ahead and attack boss while it is being explained to newb, and no one is ready, then get mad when they die because no one was there to back him up.
-People merging my specific “Story. Any welcome” group with an “P1 EXP 80s only or kick!!” group.
-People trying to run P3 on a P1 LFG.
-People who are general kittens to play with, and take it WAY too seriously.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

People who call their teammates by their profession instead of their names.

“Hey mesmer, can I get a portal?” or “Hey guardian, go pull those mobs.” or whatever.

I hate that. -_-#

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

pdavis.8031

“Hey mesmer, can I get a portal?” or “Hey guardian, go pull those mobs.” or whatever.

I hate that. -_-#

Oh yeah! I forgot that one!! Happens all the time.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I hate that. -_-#

Im sorry but profession is easier/faster than typing or trying to type the names unless youre char names are sam or jane.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

pdavis.8031

I hate that. -_-#

Im sorry but profession is easier/faster than typing or trying to type the names unless youre char names are sam or jane.

I’ve found that most people who do use names, generally only use the first 3 letters anyway. It seems its faster/easier to do that then “warrior” or “guardian”. Of course those usually get abbreiviated too. It does get confusing if there are multiple people of one class if people are using the class instead of the name.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I hate that. -_-#

I hate that, too!

Similarly, it bugs me when no one says hello when joining a party. I mean, I don’t expect everyone to have a deep discussion about their personal lives, but a simple hello is at least polite and shows you’re capable of typing at least one word.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

pugs that pretend to play like pre-mades on a speedclear while they are really pugging with randoms.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Just remembered another thing that kittenes me off.

People that don’t use stealth consumables, mass invisibility, SR, smoke field blasting etc before running past the spiders on the way to mage crusher in Arah P3.

I can understand not having harpy feathers due to the bugged event, but everyone should be getting spykits. If it’s a completely new player this is forgivable but it still irritates the hell out of me because I basically always say “don’t lure the spiders to us” and they still do. I’m also not willing to wait for a group of 5 for over 10-15 minutes when I can solo the boss in 5 minutes, so that’s not an option either.

It boils down to people not reading party chat or having common sense, tbh.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

you’re asking pugs to use stealth consumables.

lol.

back in the real world, I have no expectations and decide to not let anything besides flat out sabotaging the path to annoy me.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I hate that. -_-#

Respectfully, I disagree, Don. It may be easier, but I think that your “speed gain” is only seen in the short term, and you potentially lose speed in the long run.

As mentioned above, you can still shorten people’s names to 3-5 characters – the same amount of characters to type mes or guard. So typing-wise you don’t save time. The only time lost would be in the process of memorizing people’s names, which can vary from person to person. At worst, you might have to mouseover a person’s portrait or glance down at your chat tab.

My thought is this:

When you call a person by their class instead of their name, you are objectifying them. You don’t generate respect from a person you objectify. It being a pet peeve of others here as well, if they’re like me, they’re probably less prone to helping a person if they’ve been objectified by them.

The subtle acts that you use to weave a team together become the grease that helps it work smoothly. Being sociable, calling people by their names – even if it’s shortened – dropping smilies in chat at the right spots/times, thanking people, all encourage people to help each other out. Does it work every time? Certainly not, but instances of people being more willing to help you out will increase.

The benefits are longterm. If someone respects you, they’re more likely to go out of their way to work with you and help you out. If you ask something reasonable of them, they’ll probably agree. “Hey Don, do you have EA set up on your war? would you be able to use it? Thanks

Also consider that if you get in a spot of trouble, people who respect you are more willing to help out you. If they don’t respect you, they’re more likely to watch you suffer instead. If someone you don’t respect gets downed at mossman, do you think to yourself, “I’d better help him rally,” or do you think, “Well maybe he’ll do something smart and attack a wolf to rally. Hope he doesn’t expect me to walk over there and actually res him.”

The time I think you save is in generating a team that works together to make the run better, rather than 5 individuals who are just hoping to “get through” the dungeon. It’s just touching on human psychology. That’s where I think you gain in the long term.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Respectfully, I disagree, Don. It may be easier, but I think that your “speed gain” is only seen in the short term, and you potentially lose speed in the long run.

As mentioned above, you can still shorten people’s names to 3-5 characters – the same amount of characters to type mes or guard. So typing-wise you don’t save time. The only time lost would be in the process of memorizing people’s names, which can vary from person to person. At worst, you might have to mouseover a person’s portrait or glance down at your chat tab.

My thought is this:

When you call a person by their class instead of their name, you are objectifying them. You don’t generate respect from a person you objectify. It being a pet peeve of others here as well, if they’re like me, they’re probably less prone to helping a person if they’ve been objectified by them.

The subtle acts that you use to weave a team together become the grease that helps it work smoothly. Being sociable, calling people by their names – even if it’s shortened – dropping smilies in chat at the right spots/times, thanking people, all encourage people to help each other out. Does it work every time? Certainly not, but instances of people being more willing to help you out will increase.

The benefits are longterm. If someone respects you, they’re more likely to go out of their way to work with you and help you out. If you ask something reasonable of them, they’ll probably agree. “Hey Don, do you have EA set up on your war? would you be able to use it? Thanks

Also consider that if you get in a spot of trouble, people who respect you are more willing to help out you. If they don’t respect you, they’re more likely to watch you suffer instead. If someone you don’t respect gets downed at mossman, do you think to yourself, “I’d better help him rally,” or do you think, “Well maybe he’ll do something smart and attack a wolf to rally. Hope he doesn’t expect me to walk over there and actually res him.”

The time I think you save is in generating a team that works together to make the run better, rather than 5 individuals who are just hoping to “get through” the dungeon. It’s just touching on human psychology. That’s where I think you gain in the long term.

Well-said.

Posted by: KaizerGr.4815

KaizerGr.4815

Guardians who force me to take defensive utilities —-—- ANYTHING that interferes with my fire fields. Im looking at you guardians and necro’s.

As a Guardian, I have no words.

http://wiiudaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sony-facepalm.jpg

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Just remembered another thing that kittenes me off.

People that don’t use stealth consumables, mass invisibility, SR, smoke field blasting etc before running past the spiders on the way to mage crusher in Arah P3.

I can understand not having harpy feathers due to the bugged event, but everyone should be getting spykits. If it’s a completely new player this is forgivable but it still irritates the hell out of me because I basically always say “don’t lure the spiders to us” and they still do. I’m also not willing to wait for a group of 5 for over 10-15 minutes when I can solo the boss in 5 minutes, so that’s not an option either.

It boils down to people not reading party chat or having common sense, tbh.

For me it’s the other way around lol.
I hate people that use an overabundance of consumables when using their brain could/would bring the same results.
Expecting every PUG to bring consumables, listen to advice and/or use their brain however is delusional ^_°.

RIP game 2012-2014

Purple Miku.7032

you’re asking pugs to use stealth consumables.

lol.

back in the real world, I have no expectations and decide to not let anything besides flat out sabotaging the path to annoy me.

Try reading it again.

“People that don’t use stealth consumables, mass invisibility, SR, smoke field blasting etc before running past the spiders on the way to mage crusher in Arah P3.”

If I’m not mistaken I listed several different methods of stealthing not just one.

maha.7902

yep, I still see stealth consumables there. Here’s a tip, if you want people on that kind of level, run in guild or just solo it. I don’t understand why people would subject themselves to something that would annoy them, knowing full well that the players in their party aren’t on the same level as them.

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

I hate that. -_-#

Some people have really odd names to type out (characters like ü,é,á,ú etc.) , or their character names are often completely different than their account name. By which am I supposed to call them?
And then there are tons of guys who don’t react to their character name, but calling them by “guardian” usually gets their attention (if they are the only one in party).

That said, I usually avoid calling people out and just ask for stuff (ie. “please run both banners” or “wall of reflection here please”) – with varying success rates.

Purple Miku.7032

yep, I still see stealth consumables there. Here’s a tip, if you want people on that kind of level, run in guild or just solo it. I don’t understand why people would subject themselves to something that would annoy them, knowing full well that the players in their party aren’t on the same level as them.

It doesn’t take any significant degree of skill to use stealth. How late into the game did you learn about the ability to use stealth to avoid engaging in combat?

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

maha.7902

doesn’t matter whether it takes skill, the best 99% of pugs can do is SR. your “small things that bug you” are because you set extraordinarily high standards to your pugs relative to their actual skill level.

you need to lower your standards.

Purple Miku.7032

Are you lecturing me on what I’m allowed to be irritated from? Really?

Either way I’m forced to either

a) not pug
b) AFK for 10+ minutes waiting for them all to make it past all of the mobs
c) frustratingly spend 10+ minutes trying to divert mob attention from them so they can past only for them to die regardless
d) tell them to wait for the waypoint and not to run past spiders unless they stealth

b and c are both just as irritating as it is for them not to read chat or completely ignore my request/instruction in d, and despite this nuisance I actually do enjoy pugging for the most part. There are certain things that can happen in runs like this which get under my skin, but overall I like pugging so telling me not to pug and run with guildmates/only solo is pretty close-minded of you.

Afterall this thread is about small things in PUGs that annoy “me,” or any individual that reads the thread. Everything on here is subjective, not universally agreed upon as “things that are annoying in pug runs for everyone” like you seem to believe it is.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

snip

As a infantry vet thank god the real world isnt so black and white.

I actually had a bit of trouble trying to word this inoffensively.

I am not so .. simple where spelling stopping in middle of combat to hover over my name impresses my respect or adding smiles to chat ingame will somehow make me more willing to assist you when you are downed. You are on my team and based on preconceived theory of each members effectiveness they will get will get my help.

Long term pug? Ive honestly yet to run with the same pugs twice unless I initially added them to friends list. Considering that 99% of the time Im the only one that talks Im not seeing where the long term gain comes from.

Though it has got me thinking… I do yell medic or ammo only in bf4 (voice chat) perhaps that discourages my friends from wanting to give me said supplies because I dont ask for it by name.

Ill be honest I think this is some hippie shallow feelgood nonsense but Ill try to type out names more often if it pleases you people.
Didnt realise people cared that much.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Tachii.3506

My thought is this:

There is no “in the long run”, because when we pug, 99% chances I will NEVER see them again. Pretty sure almost nobody goes out of there way to remember account names either (since you can have the same Sam but with different numbers). If they’re not going to talk back even if you asked them a question, calling them by their character name probably isn’t going to make any significant difference in the same run either.

Also, about objectifying, we do this all the time in real life. When we don’t know the name of people or their name is too long, we call them by their profession. Like “hey doctor/nurse/teacher/professor, etc”. Don’t think of that as objectifying people, it’s just easier to do so. Just like in real life, if it’s too difficult to pronounce, we tend to not call them anything so we won’t offend them. The same can be applied here, we don’t want to mispell or horribly give them some short name (I’ve been called Oddy which reminds me of some childish or mentally compromised person).

That said, aside from calling people by their classes, I’m quite open to say hi, smile emote when warriors call out banners, and so on.

tl;dr, please don’t be offended just because we call you by your class. I’ve been called countless times “thief you going to solo?” and it frankly isn’t remotely insulting to me.

(edited by Tachii.3506)

Purple Miku.7032

As for someone calling me by profession, I personally don’t care but if there’s more than 1 warrior or ele on the team and I’m being spoken to, I find it kind of dumb depending on the situation.

It doesn’t seem demeaning to me at all especially if the person being spoken to hasn’t been conversational but I can understand people not liking it very much. I think it probably has a lot to do with the way the person is typing; some people don’t like being ordered around and I can imagine somebody perceiving it as being talked to like they’re an underling or something like that.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Cathedral Of Flames (5 Person) Speed Clear. Path 1. Warriors and Guardians.
Nahhh
cof p1 sc heavy

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

I’m not very easily annoyed but here’s a few things that grind my gears when I have to pug:

1. People that cannot break free from their usual pug tactics whenever presented with a superior approach to a fight/phase of a dungeon and are just stubborn;

It’s actually people who want to force advanced tactics on the group during PUGs who annoy me. The group often isn’t properly equipped, skilled enough or even interested, and it usually ends up taking more time than it’s worth.

Calling such tactics superior implies they’re more efficient and easier to apply than the ones the pugs usually use. Running with pugs is all about simplicity, the simpler you can make it for them and spoon feed them the way with the less margin for error, the better. Therefore I would not suggest anything unless it was beneficial for the group.
Quick example would be AC p3’s final boss, most pugs pull it to one side or another of a pillar which usually takes considerable time for the boss to get to it and the NPCs tend to draw it’s aggro before it reaches the desired spot costing your entire group precious time, you offer them a different spot to stack on and you’re almost immediately spammed with “No, no, no… This is the ONLY spot, always done it like this.”.
And that’s the sort of attitude that annoys me.

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t even understand why the hell people want to use that spot anyways. It’s terrible. Pretty much can never use FGS there (though ice bows get the job done either way lol). I personally like to LOS him in the nearby corner and burn him down, as it’s a lot more reliable and you can aggro him from anywhere instead of waiting for him to walk around the room.

On that note, I’m not sure why but for some reason pug teams always want to stack together right behind this fallen down object after spider queen for the elite + champ gravelings, but it’s a lot nicer to go in between them because they LOS closer to you so that you can kill them instantly with fiery rush… not to mention, if you get cc’d you won’t fly off backwards several paces but will be knocked into the object right behind you instead.

Like you said, Veckna, it seems pugs aren’t even a little bit interested in why it is that they’re going to the locations that they are let alone learning anything better :P

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

lmao “Treat people like people? Sounds like smelly-hippy kitten to me.”

Priceless.

I’ve got one better — A long time back I pugged p4 with a buddy who thought it would be fun to just refer to everyone in the party by their AP.

“2194, you got a wall?”

“6230, stay in the stack”

“12316, pet”

etc etc. Simultaneously horrifying and hilarious xD

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

On that note, I’m not sure why but for some reason pug teams always want to stack together right behind this fallen down object after spider queen for the elite + champ gravelings, but it’s a lot nicer to go in between them because they LOS closer to you so that you can kill them instantly with fiery rush… not to mention, if you get cc’d you won’t fly off backwards several paces but will be knocked into the object right behind you instead.

in my experience fallen down object is better if the gravelings are at their nearest spot (if you go into the stack spot you will aggro them immediately and have no time to prepare/get hit by the tunnel)

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Calling such tactics superior implies they’re more efficient and easier to apply than the ones the pugs usually use. Running with pugs is all about simplicity, the simpler you can make it for them and spoon feed them the way with the less margin for error, the better. Therefore I would not suggest anything unless it was beneficial for the group.
Quick example would be AC p3’s final boss, most pugs pull it to one side or another of a pillar which usually takes considerable time for the boss to get to it and the NPCs tend to draw it’s aggro before it reaches the desired spot costing your entire group precious time, you offer them a different spot to stack on and you’re almost immediately spammed with “No, no, no… This is the ONLY spot, always done it like this.”.

Ah, I stand corrected then.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

PUGs always call me a noob for not bringing Warbanner on Lupi.

I actually prefer it when PUGs are dead for phase 3 so I don’t get bubbled.

When I send players a potion specific to the dungeon and they don’t even use it.

PUGs using Endure Pain to save them from needing to dodge.

People who run out of SR

This list will be endless.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Rumblus is so easy to kill that stacking in that spot is more as likely to get you down’d as not. I can’t even be bothered doing that any more. Grast aggros the boss anyway and since he’s a lot tougher now and pops his shield more regularly there’s actually no reason to stack there any more. If I host AC P3, I just wait till Grast aggros then charge in after him.

AC P1 is much the same. As soon as everyone is in the boss room and the King is at the far end, it’s aggro time. You can burn him down so quickly.

Tachii.3506

I don’t even understand why the hell people want to use that spot anyways. It’s terrible. Pretty much can never use FGS there (though ice bows get the job done either way lol). I personally like to LOS him in the nearby corner and burn him down, as it’s a lot more reliable and you can aggro him from anywhere instead of waiting for him to walk around the room.

That spot is immune to the rock AoEs. It means even if the pug team is all running PVT armor they will still get the job done since the bosses’ damage alone is negligible. I don’t mind the FGS stacking spots but I wouldn’t push pugs for that spot since I wouldn’t know if their DPS is enough before the rock AoEs starts to fall.

Purple Miku.7032

That spot is immune to the rock AoEs. It means even if the pug team is all running PVT armor they will still get the job done since the bosses’ damage alone is negligible. I don’t mind the FGS stacking spots but I wouldn’t push pugs for that spot since I wouldn’t know if their DPS is enough before the rock AoEs starts to fall.

Fair enough, but I don’t do AC unless it’s on my ele so damage isn’t a problem ^^

Well… unless no one picks up my 2nd one for some unknown reason. It’d have to be one hell of an awful party.

deSade.9437

You stole the words right from my weary brain. Am I supposed to be impressed or flattered by someone that types a few silly faces while talking to me? :P <— see, now the sentence is much more polite!
:)

… I hate, hate, hate people adding smilies at the end of a sentence in the attempt to make it sound friendlier. It irritates me. In particular there are 2 faces that… no I won’t say it, I don’t want to be spammed all day long. They make my blood pressure raise.

Joe, looking at you, I’ll make you stop using that particular smilie, I shall succeed!

AC p1 random run with 2 friends of mine; I was on my level 30-something warrior. Hyper-talkative pug that endlessly babbled in chat about stuff goes like “not everyone has consumables on” and then targets me. Yes, I’ll totally buy a few level 20 sharpening stones to be more efficient on a level 30 character.
I silently raged and we proceeded to blast through the dungeon.
While we’re at p2, traps we do 3-2. I stay in the middle because… I think we were joking on ts about the low level “tanking”. Again he refers to me and goes “you need to use the traps here” and pings them, completely ignoring the fact that I clearly was well aware of what I was doing. He knew, I knew, he knew that I knew, and I knew that he knew… You got it.
Believe me, he knew full well, but he simply wanted to show a team of obviously organised people that he’s “pro” [spit] too, and a “leader”. As if it were some kind of honour.
Then again: “Don’t stack on this end-boss, you only stack on path 3” !??!?!
^
(Can someone explain what he meant to me, please? Someone that pugs more than I do, maybe?)

You’re not the one making decisions here, you fruitcake.
And again: “If we’re gonna use one trap only on the end-boss, you have to do it properly
‘Cause we’re all a bunch of noobs, unlike his Proeness.

Can you… no, you can’t, you can’t imagine how irritating it was to me. And not to me only, since we got rid of him after p2.

Yes, you f… you, your smilie isn’t going to make my teeth grit less if you sound condescending as hell. Just speak your mind and be clear…
… and for the love of Fenrir, if none wants to talk, shut up.

I guess that’s a thing that annoys me a lot, yes. That, and knockbacks. And the occasional pug not following us, despite being a complete noob himself.

P.S. Sorry for misusing the name of the Prophet. I shall whip myself as a punishment when I’m done with tequila.

XD

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

You stole the words right from my weary brain. Am I supposed to be impressed or flattered by someone that types a few silly faces while talking to me? :P <— see, now the sentence is much more polite!
:)

… I hate, hate, hate people adding smilies at the end of a sentence in the attempt to make it sound friendlier. It irritates me. In particular there are 2 faces that… no I won’t say it, I don’t want to be spammed all day long. They make my blood pressure raise.

Joe, looking at you, I’ll make you stop using that particular smilie, I shall succeed!

AC p1 random run with 2 friends of mine; I was on my level 30-something warrior. Hyper-talkative pug that endlessly babbled in chat about stuff goes like “not everyone has consumables on” and then targets me. Yes, I’ll totally buy a few level 20 sharpening stones to be more efficient on a level 30 character.
I silently raged and we proceeded to blast through the dungeon.
While we’re at p2, traps we do 3-2. I stay in the middle because… I think we were joking on ts about the low level “tanking”. Again he refers to me and goes “you need to use the traps here” and pings them, completely ignoring the fact that I clearly was well aware of what I was doing. He knew, I knew, he knew that I knew, and I knew that he knew… You got it.
Believe me, he knew full well, but he simply wanted to show a team of obviously organised people that he’s “pro” [spit] too, and a “leader”. As if it were some kind of honour.
Then again: “Don’t stack on this end-boss, you only stack on path 3” !??!?!
^
(Can someone explain what he meant to me, please? Someone that pugs more than I do, maybe?)

You’re not the one making decisions here, you fruitcake.
And again: “If we’re gonna use one trap only on the end-boss, you have to do it properly
‘Cause we’re all a bunch of noobs, unlike his Proeness.

Can you… no, you can’t, you can’t imagine how irritating it was to me. And not to me only, since we got rid of him after p2.

Yes, you f… you, your smilie isn’t going to make my teeth grit less if you sound condescending as hell. Just speak your mind and be clear…
… and for the love of Fenrir, if none wants to talk, shut up.

I guess that’s a thing that annoys me a lot, yes. That, and knockbacks. And the occasional pug not following us, despite being a complete noob himself.

P.S. Sorry for misusing the name of the Prophet. I shall whip myself as a punishment when I’m done with tequila.

XD

But… I give you smilies every sentence…

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

deSade.9437

You gimme smiles and kitties, not smilies.