So Evolved Destroyer is a joke boss now

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

And Path 3 is now the fastest CoE path, we had like 5 more seconds to dps him also, so even a subpar dps group can do him in 1 cycle, pugs probably 2-3 cycles. Guess it’s good for those people who complain about things being too hard…

There’s a shortcut at the start of the video to skip to him:

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

Sadly, this is what we can expect to see in the future. The fight wasn’t even that hard before this patch.

It would be interesting to get some developer input as to why they decreased the hp on this boss.
The Alpha reduction is understandable as he was a pug killer, but as for this boss?

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

The fight wasn’t hard before the patch, the fight was just loooong. I do agree that they maybe went a touch low on his HP, but if a group can get the bubble down once, they can get it down any number of times. Much like Subject Alpha. He wasn’t hard before the patch, you just did the exact same thing to him over and over again. Now you do the exact same thing fewer times.

An improvement in both cases, if you ask me.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

You’re upset your co-ordinated group was able to timewarp double 100b the boss to death. Are you complaining or showing off?

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

He’s showing off but disguising it as a legitimate complaint thread. PUGs would always avoid path 3. Now that the difficult between all three paths is leveled you’re going to start seeing more tokens as a result of running not just two but three paths.

Strifey.7215

You’re upset your co-ordinated group was able to timewarp double 100b the boss to death. Are you complaining or showing off?

Just showing how much it got nerfed. Prior to this it would still take 2-3 cycles in a coordinated group, meaning it got nerfed over 50% with the combination of less health and longer dps time.

Can time warp it before the shield even starts blinking which still gives you ~5 seconds to keep dpsing, meaning even with no time warp you could kill it in one cycle in a high dps group with no mesmer, or a lower dps group could kill it with a timewarp. It’s part of my normal dungeon guides anyways, so was just pointing it out.

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Apparently he was tedious, 15 minutes long encounter. He’s not tedious anymore.

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

The fight wasn’t hard, at all. It’s just a tedious fight. The entire strategy revolved around repeating one set of actions over and over again for an extended time. That’s tedium, not difficulty. Reducing the time involved just hastens the inevitable and actually get people to run the path again.

haviz.1340

The fight wasn’t hard, at all. It’s just a tedious fight. The entire strategy revolved around repeating one set of actions over and over again for an extended time. That’s tedium, not difficulty. Reducing the time involved just hastens the inevitable and actually get people to run the path again.

How’s that different from 99% of the rest bosses?

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

… how was this fight not a friggin’ joke pre-patch?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

The extra uptime was a nice change. The health reduction was overkill.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

I’m okay with this nerf. The fight was extremely easy before, just mind-numbingly tedius as others have said.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Posted by: abelooi.9156

abelooi.9156

(Mostly subjective [albeit accurate]) Chart for PVE (Dungeon) effectiveness of classes:

Tier 1: Warriors.
Tier 2: Thieves.
Tier 10: Elementalists, Grenadiers, and Rangers.
Tier 13: Engineers and Necromancers.

This takes into consideration aoe/single dps, offensive support, survivability, defensive support, and utility that speeds up or smooths runs. (in other words, everything that matters.)

1. Guardians are hard to define because there’s little to no need to have more than one, and they’re most useful in instances with aggro tables (as opposed to instances where bosses stand there and just throw down aoe everywhere… like CoE).

snip

It is actually hard to believe you when you mentioned “This takes into consideration aoe/single dps, offensive support, survivability, defensive support, and utility that speeds up or smooths runs. (in other words, everything that matters.)” and have a hard time defining which tier a guardian should be placed in.

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

Wow, I have to check out this Grenadier class!

haviz.1340

I’m sure he meant Commando!

pdfrod.1948

How can Commandos be Tier 10? A full zerker team of commandos with Walkie-Talkies can kill Simin in ~9 seconds!

haviz.1340

How can Commandos be Tier 10? A full zerker team of commandos with Walkie-Talkies can kill Simin in ~9 seconds!

That napalm strike.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

And nothing of value was lost.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

My “Coordinated team” (which is apparently slang for people that play with their calculators and stopwatches until they realize warriors are completely overpowered)

No it means exactly what I said. A team with coordination, unlike a group of pugs running MF/PVT or a slapped together bunch of guildee’s.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

The fight was NEVER hard. It was always just tedious. What got you was the tedium. The longer you spend in the room, the more likely you were to miss a jump going down, get caught in a red circle etc, etc. It was basically a battle against your own feelings of are-we-there-yet.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

pdfrod.1948

The fight was NEVER hard. It was always just tedious. What got you was the tedium. The longer you spend in the room, the more likely you were to miss a jump going down, get caught in a red circle etc, etc. It was basically a battle against your own feelings of are-we-there-yet.

Agreed, this boss was not hard, just boring. And the change to reduce this boredom is very much welcome, in my opinion.

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

If you think he has too low hp, dont run with 3 wars and time warp mesmer ^^ go take 3 necros and engineer instead and i promise you it ll be like “good ol times” => 3 cycles.

Srsly you ppl complain about anything, the boss was so boring before, if you didnt have tw and 2+ wars, now its all about coordination and not so much about the class anymore.

Hrouda (i assume) just did his job, cause the profession balancing team isn’t able to do theirs. So he had to balance the environment instead.

Anyway srsly, you take the almost highest dps combination possible and then complain that it goes too fast? WTF?

TL.DR: Go and do the boss “on one go” with 5 necros or 5 engineers, until then dont complain about content being too fast, when you run so many wars.

(edited by Bartho.7896)

haviz.1340

If you think he has too low hp, dont run with 3 wars and time warp mesmer ^^ go take 3 necros and engineer instead and i promise you it ll be like “good ol times” => 3 cycles.

Why would you take 5 condition damage dealers when 2 is the max you should take with the current limitations. If you have more than 2 they simply don’t contribute at all to overall damage.

Srsly you ppl complain about anything, the boss was so boring before, if you didnt have tw and 2+ wars, now its all about coordination and not so much about the class anymore.

So which boss isn’t boring because I can go afk with a glass cannon thief in melee on most of them. When you have a boss that requires slight engaging instead of usual auto attack spam we have cries/whines/suicide notes to nerf it (check Simin).

Bartho.7896

Meh Simin was just another warriorfest, everyone i know including me just did her 4-1 anyway, nobody cared for sparks.

You ask why would he take 5 condition dealers? Well bcs he complains about doing content too fast while he runs the highest dps combo possible.
Thats like Usain Bolt asking to be shot in the foot before running 100m.
So I recomend him to take 5 condi dealers when he wants content to take longer, but dont force us to roll warriors in every dung.

Arenanet promised that it wont matter what classes you run, yet it does matter(as you said yourself: “2 is the max you should take with the current limitations.”).

(edited by Bartho.7896)

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Just showing how much it got nerfed. Prior to this it would still take 2-3 cycles in a coordinated group, meaning it got nerfed over 50% with the combination of less health and longer dps time.

Can time warp it before the shield even starts blinking which still gives you ~5 seconds to keep dpsing, meaning even with no time warp you could kill it in one cycle in a high dps group with no mesmer, or a lower dps group could kill it with a timewarp. It’s part of my normal dungeon guides anyways, so was just pointing it out.

You sound upset that it was changed. Do you really think the bench mark for every group should be time warp mesmers and zerker greatsword warriors? Those two cookie cutter builds which cut out much of the challenge and difficulty that was put into dungeon design dramatically alter the experience compared to every other build. This content is for everyone, not just warrior and mesmer teams. Your complaint is based around using what is probably the most OP dungeon build in the game.

People are now posting in this thread about going AFK on a glass cannon thief and winning. You can’t go AFK any AC or TA boss (maybe Fionna, certainly the tree if you use exploits), not without your team carrying you.

Warriors need a DPS nerf. The dungeon meta has shifted to them and we are seeing more and more evidence every week of warriors breaking dungeons by pushing DPS to break points the dungeons simply weren’t designed for. Buffing mob health and armour is just going to hurt everyone else already hurting when it comes to completing content, warriors need to be brought down to be on par with everyone else.

Taking condition damage over direct damage isn’t like Usain Bolt shooting himself in the foot, it’s like Usain Bolt going for a swim instead of running because he likes swimming. Not everyone plays games to cut cookies and break stuff as fast as possible with the most optimum choices, some of us play games because we enjoy the experience and have specific play styles that don’t involve the cookie cutter builds.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

wow this thread really deviated from the topic, but why would warriors have their dps nerfed, when on this very forum, people are claiming thiefs are better then wars. also most people here say wars die the most. i dont agree, but theres two sides to every argument.

haviz.1340

Meh Simin was just another warriorfest, everyone i know including me just did her 4-1 anyway, nobody cared for sparks.

That just substantiates what I’ve been trying to tell for some time now. You can either kill her as designer intended, brute force it or complain how you can’t brute force it.

You ask why would he take 5 condition dealers? Well bcs he complains about doing content too fast while he runs the highest dps combo possible.
Thats like Usain Bolt asking to be shot in the foot before running 100m.
So I recomend him to take 5 condi dealers when he wants content to take longer, but dont force us to roll warriors in every dung.

That’s same situation as 2manning dungeon except you are more resilient (5 hp bars instead of 2) and you can complete parts that can’t be 2man.

Arenanet promised that it wont matter what classes you run, yet it does matter(as you said yourself: “2 is the max you should take with the current limitations.”).

It’s not that classes matter, builds do. You can take 5 necros but 3 of them have to be power necros or some hybrids.

Bartho.7896

It’s not that classes matter, builds do. You can take 5 necros but 3 of them have to be power necros or some hybrids.

Okay then, I said 5 necros, not 5 condi necros. He can give them whatever build he wants, if he kills destroyer in one cycle i bow and admit the boss health should be buffed. But i doubt he could do it even in 2 cycles….

Posted by: Grim.9274

Grim.9274

Warriors need a DPS nerf.

No.

Nonononononononononononononono. Noooooooooooooo.

No.

Other classes need to be brought up to the warrior/mesmer level in terms of damage/other direct benefits.

haviz.1340

Okay then, I said 5 necros, not 5 condi necros. He can give them whatever build he wants, if he kills destroyer in one cycle i bow and admit the boss health should be buffed. But i doubt he could do it even in 2 cycles….

5 glass cannons necros are able to do it in 2 cycles. For 1 cycle you will probably need timewarp.

Necros don’t suck with single target dps, their skills don’t cleave, that’s the issue with dps.

Strifey.7215

You sound upset that it was changed. Do you really think the bench mark for every group should be time warp mesmers and zerker greatsword warriors? Those two cookie cutter builds which cut out much of the challenge and difficulty that was put into dungeon design dramatically alter the experience compared to every other build. This content is for everyone, not just warrior and mesmer teams. Your complaint is based around using what is probably the most OP dungeon build in the game.

People are now posting in this thread about going AFK on a glass cannon thief and winning. You can’t go AFK any AC or TA boss (maybe Fionna, certainly the tree if you use exploits), not without your team carrying you.

Warriors need a DPS nerf. The dungeon meta has shifted to them and we are seeing more and more evidence every week of warriors breaking dungeons by pushing DPS to break points the dungeons simply weren’t designed for. Buffing mob health and armour is just going to hurt everyone else already hurting when it comes to completing content, warriors need to be brought down to be on par with everyone else.

Taking condition damage over direct damage isn’t like Usain Bolt shooting himself in the foot, it’s like Usain Bolt going for a swim instead of running because he likes swimming. Not everyone plays games to cut cookies and break stuff as fast as possible with the most optimum choices, some of us play games because we enjoy the experience and have specific play styles that don’t involve the cookie cutter builds.

Psh why would I be upset, just lets my guild farm faster. Pointing it out and secretly getting more traffic to my page >_>

This and many other fights basically makes me realize how hard it is to balance PvE compared to other MMOs because of the lack of trinity though.

In other games, you pretty much know you want a tank, healer, and then dps for dungeons. So the spectrum of a group is much more narrow, which makes devs have an easier time balancing bosses. Obviously there’s more and less efficient groups, but the range is lower because you always know you’re going to bring some classes that are focused on dps, and a tank and healer.

In GW2, since the devs advertised you can play any class/build in any combination, it makes the spectrum of dungeon groups erratic and also inadvertently causes PuGs to have alot more “luck” when it comes to successful group or not. Because you can have an ideal group (basically what amounts to a tank/support(healer)/3 dps in other games) on one side of the spectrum that just steam rolls through dungeons, or a group with a mix-mash of random classes, with the possibility that they are all balanced, or support with cleric gear, or PVT because they are afraid of what other classes they will get in PuGs, you get groups on the other end of the spectrum who are the one’s who complain about dungeons.

In other MMOs, you knew you could go full dps for instance, because you would have that tank and healer. Because of how GW2 was “advertised”, people feel the need to balance things alot more which really narrows the amount of challenging content devs can currently use, because the spectrum of what’s easy and what’s hard for a group is so much more broad.

It’s about min-maxing, which many people do in every MMO. Not playing certain classes to intentionally make things harder is just dumb, most people naturally want to find the best builds and groups. Now in other MMOs, the range of min-maxing is way lower. You may get a “casual” group without the best gear, but they can still clear a dungeon with the typical trinity. Then you get an “elite” group, that has gear with 30% higher stats, and clears it quicker.

In GW2, that range is like 500%, the difference between an ideal group and a random mix-mash of classes and gear and builds is huge. In WoW or EQ2 or FF11 you always knew you wanted certain classes to complete harder PvE content. In GW2 there is no guidance, so people bring in whatever, which is what leads to problems and why some groups clear dungeons in 1/4th of the time.

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Strifey.7215

Full berserker dagger necros does pretty good single target dps, problem is they have no cleave and lack support or damage skills that other classes have making them ideal over other classes.

5 necros could easily do it in 2 cycles though, maybe not 1, but definitely 2.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Pretty spot on. The fight wasn’t overly difficult, just tediously long. We plan on revisiting this boss during our Phase 2 pass, but for now this should lower the tedium of this encounter.

Posted by: SeanPoez.8407

SeanPoez.8407

Pretty spot on. The fight wasn’t overly difficult, just tediously long. We plan on revisiting this boss during our Phase 2 pass, but for now this should lower the tedium of this encounter.

May i suggest an easy fix for this boss that wouldn’t make it overly tedious, wouldn’t make it too simplistic for high-dps groups, and wouldn’t punish groups with low dps? Just remove the ‘dps window’ timer before the shield goes back up and make it so the shield always goes up 5 seconds after the boss hits 50% hp. That way groups will be forced to finish this boss in two passes no mater how low/high their damage output is and groups with extremely high dps would still have to use the boss mechanics at least once. To me, the actual boss mechanic of this fight isn’t using the cannons at the start one time (that’s extremely easy), it’s having to climb back up the stairs, run back to all the cannons, avoid the dragon tooths, jump back down the red-platforms, and then kill him. Having to do this exactly one-time would make the fight more interesting without making it too repetitive, difficult, or long.

(edited by SeanPoez.8407)

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

Any word on revisiting Zhaitan? I refuse to believe you think that is a good boss encounter, especially after the nerfs on the 28th.

Posted by: Grim.9274

Grim.9274

To me, the actual boss mechanic of this fight isn’t using the cannons at the start one time (that’s extremely easy), it’s having to climb back up the stairs, run back to all the cannons, avoid the dragon tooths, jump back down the red-platforms, and then kill him.

I’ve seen more people die to this boss from getting DT’ed off a platform on the way up than anything else.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

When I run with my guild, this tends to take 2-3 cycles because our class setup and builds are all over the place. If I go with PUGs, it tends to take 3-5. I think it got nerfed way too much, but I’m not complaining.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Boolet.2968

Boolet.2968

Y’know I actually had to LOG IN in order to ask a question that’s seriously bothering me….

As a player who supposedly is “min-maxing in order to achieve maximum effectiveness and minimum time/effort in dungeons”…

Why, for all that is holy, do you use Prayer to Dwayna.

Unless you know some secret I don’t, it’s one of the most rubbish skills that exists.

Reasons for Resolve over Dwayna…

1. Higher healing bursts to counter heavy damage.
2. Utility (condition removal) when healing is not necessary.
3. Can be used underwater.

Reasons for Dwayna over Resolve…

1. 10 health per second (theoretically) higher when used perfectly on cooldown during long fights.

Notice how I threw around words like “theoretically” in there.

You don’t heal until you take damage. So let’s assume the fight “starts” once you heal the first time.

With Dwayna, you just healed for 6775 and cannot heal for another 31 seconds (cooldown + cast times).

With Resolve, you would heal for 8525, and cannot heal for another 41 seconds.

That’s a difference of 1750 healing. Seeing as Dwayna would heal for 10 health per second greater with only 300 healing power, it’s easy enough math to divide that by 10.

As such, you would have to be engaged in a fight for nearly 3 minutes (2 minutes and 56 seconds) before you gained ANY benefit from Dwayna.

All of the above calculations greatly diminishes if healing is not done on-cooldown, and disregards potential “healing” from removing damaging conditions via Resolve.

Rule of thumb for this particular comparison would be simple. If you ever delay more than 1 second before recasting Dwayna, change it for Resolve. At 33 second recasts your 10 health per second advantage is reduced to a 2 health per second defecit.

Anywho, that’s all I had to say.

~Minmax

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

My “Coordinated team” (which is apparently slang for people that play with their calculators and stopwatches until they realize warriors are completely overpowered)

No it means exactly what I said. A team with coordination, unlike a group of pugs running MF/PVT or a slapped together bunch of guildee’s.

I can run PVT armors and still hit 3.5k crits, umadbro?
Though really running full zerkers is fun and fairly easy, the extra 16% crit damage to my already 103% isn’t doing much, but the extra 11% critical chance looks pretty and that why I run it.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

Strifey.7215

Y’know I actually had to LOG IN in order to ask a question that’s seriously bothering me….

As a player who supposedly is “min-maxing in order to achieve maximum effectiveness and minimum time/effort in dungeons”…

Why, for all that is holy, do you use Prayer to Dwayna.

Unless you know some secret I don’t, it’s one of the most rubbish skills that exists.

Reasons for Resolve over Dwayna…

1. Higher healing bursts to counter heavy damage.
2. Utility (condition removal) when healing is not necessary.
3. Can be used underwater.

Reasons for Dwayna over Resolve…

1. 10 health per second (theoretically) higher when used perfectly on cooldown during long fights.

Notice how I threw around words like “theoretically” in there.

You don’t heal until you take damage. So let’s assume the fight “starts” once you heal the first time.

With Dwayna, you just healed for 6775 and cannot heal for another 31 seconds (cooldown + cast times).

With Resolve, you would heal for 8525, and cannot heal for another 41 seconds.

That’s a difference of 1750 healing. Seeing as Dwayna would heal for 10 health per second greater with only 300 healing power, it’s easy enough math to divide that by 10.

As such, you would have to be engaged in a fight for nearly 3 minutes (2 minutes and 56 seconds) before you gained ANY benefit from Dwayna.

All of the above calculations greatly diminishes if healing is not done on-cooldown, and disregards potential “healing” from removing damaging conditions via Resolve.

Rule of thumb for this particular comparison would be simple. If you ever delay more than 1 second before recasting Dwayna, change it for Resolve. At 33 second recasts your 10 health per second advantage is reduced to a 2 health per second defecit.

Anywho, that’s all I had to say.

~Minmax

That’s alot of text for something rather simple.

Because I like having my burst heal on lower cooldown. 10 extra seconds could mean life or death many times when you need a heal. I’d rather have the option to heal a second time 10 seconds earlier in harder boss fights like GL for instance. Burst heal for me is more about practicality for boss fights that don’t die in 60 seconds, which is pretty much going to be the few harder bosses in the game like GL and high fractals. I’d rather have a heal 10 seconds sooner instead of possibly getting downed.

Obviously situational depending on when you need your heals, if you’re just healing once in a while then signet is better, but in those instances I’m not going to die with a 6k or 8k heal anyways. For stuff where I need to actually use my heal alot I’ve found the 10 second cooldown benefit better, especially in a lower hp base class like Guardian. So I just leave it on my bar, obviously you use signet underwater, not sure why you even mentioned that since it’s not like you have a choice anyways.

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

So, a fight that was easy and boring is now just easy…

Yeah, I can totally see how much worse it is now.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Guess it’s good for those people who complain about things being too hard…

You thought this fight was hard before the change?

Lol.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Strifey.7215

Guess it’s good for those people who complain about things being too hard…

You thought this fight was hard before the change?

Lol.

Yea bro, my 15 min guide run where we kill him in 3 cycles before the patch definitely means I thought he was hard :ugh:

Apparently reading isn’t your strong suit huh, “those people” usually doesn’t mean yourself.

Maybe you should also try picking someone who, you know, doesn’t have guides for every dungeon in the game showing how easy PvE is before trying to infer they think something is hard.

Nice try bro, maybe next time.

(edited by Strifey.7215)

ProxyDamage.9826

Yea bro, my 15 min guide run where we kill him in 3 cycles before the patch definitely means I thought he was hard :ugh:

Apparently reading isn’t your strong suit huh, “those people” usually doesn’t mean yourself.

> “So Evolved Destroyer is a joke boss now”

> Implying it wasn’t a joke boss before.
> Implying it’s easy now, not before.

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

Easier doesnt mean hard before. If i find something easy, then they patch it, and i find it easier, at no point was it even hard.

Joke boss refers to the fact that you can kill him in one jump down now when it used to take 2-3 AT BEST. Ive seen people die more times cause they dont know how to get back up w/o dying pre patch than post patch cause now theres less risk of dying from going back up if he’s already dead.

Joke bosses imo are bosses that can be killed in 1 timewarp from full to 0-10% health.

Strifey.7215

There’s a difference between a joke boss and something that is hard. A boss isn’t just a joke or hard, there are many things in between. Is Kholer/Alpha hard? No.
Is he a joke though? No because you actually have to use your brain somewhat. Same with many bosses.

A joke boss means you literally have to do nothing, kind of like Evolved Destroyer. You run down some red platforms, block or dodge one slow attack that happens like twice over the course of 15 seconds, and stand in place and kill him.

Before you actually still had to make it up the ramps and make sure your party wasn’t full of bads that fell into the lava.

Apparently you think if something isn’t a joke it must be hard, nice logic there.

Keep trying though.

(edited by Strifey.7215)

ProxyDamage.9826

Easier doesnt mean hard before. If i find something easy, then they patch it, and i find it easier, at no point was it even hard.

Joke boss refers to the fact that you can kill him in one jump down now when it used to take 2-3 AT BEST. Ive seen people die more times cause they dont know how to get back up w/o dying pre patch than post patch cause now theres less risk of dying from going back up if he’s already dead.

But it’s not any easier now. It’s just less boring and repetitive.

And yes, if you forced people to repeat it 500000 times then you’d find a lot more people would die during that event. It still wouldn’t be harder as a challenge. Just more repetitive. And the more you repeat something the higher the chance that someone will eventually kitten up once.

A lot of the “bosses” in the dungeons were never really challenging to begin with, just grindy and boring. I’m glad they’re reviewing them and, at least, making them less tedious meanwhile.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Im sure there as people with PHD’s from Harvard claiming that Quantum Physics isnt hard because they can do it. Doesnt mean its actually easy though just because a specific type of person, who runs the dungeon/boss alot, has found a set tactic and method to killing, while the general population struggles.

Ive only done this path once, (pre patch), and the people fell in the lava alot including me since it was my first time. After seeing your video it does seem easy but idk if we can go so far as too call it a joke boss.

Slave Driver supposedly can be dropped very fast, almost in a timewarp or so, but id say hes far from a joke boss. He dishes out massive damage, alot of teams can get downed from him before he dies

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

But it’s not any easier now. It’s just less boring and repetitive.

And yes, if you forced people to repeat it 500000 times then you’d find a lot more people would die during that event. It still wouldn’t be harder as a challenge. Just more repetitive. And the more you repeat something the higher the chance that someone will eventually kitten up once.

A lot of the “bosses” in the dungeons were never really challenging to begin with, just grindy and boring. I’m glad they’re reviewing them and, at least, making them less tedious meanwhile.

It is easier because I don’t need to go back up the stairs or the panels since we can kill it in one go. Less risk of dying + faster kill time = easier. However amount of less risk or faster time itll take to kill the boss, that change still amounts to the meaning of “easier”. Is it as noticeable? Maybe not, but for groups who used to take 2-3 drop downs to only needing 1, thats a 100-200% risk increase of having someone make a mistake.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Robert, if you do read this, i most enjoy bosses that have different “phases” a la Lupis. : )) now now, i’m not saying that every boss should be as Lupis (which, when you figure out the mechanics, it’s not that bad at all either, and of course, depends on group composition). just makes for sth more dynamic.

to take that idea further, maybe certain bosses will have a rotation of skills, that require players to act differently, watch out for X move, go ranged, must be melee, etc and rotate on a “random” basis so it’s not always phase 1, phase 2, phase 3 either.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall