So how are the rewards after Fractals 30+

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I read in the updates that they were going to drop better rewards the higher the level you go, what I’m asking is how is the drop rate in higher fractals after 30? More rings? More rares/exotics? More Fractal weapons? Is it worth it?

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Didn’t really notice a difference in 1-39 other then the infused ring drops and the globs/shards.

But…

lvl 40+ Maw chests are nice with at least 3 rares in it. I normally end with 10-15 rares at the end of a run. But this comes at a price since one in your party needs to have 2 revive orbs (gem store items) to be able to survive the agony from Maw.

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

I did level 30, 2 times after the buff. I got 2 green 1 blue out of every chest in the 3 mini dungeons and the boss chest gave me 3 greens and a bile essence.

The mobs dropped 1 yellow troughout the whole run. Everyone else in my group reportet something like 1 exo and 5+ yellows.

Also I got a Flask of Mist Congulated Mist essence on level 30 that isnt supposed to drop anymore after level 14.

Either I am hit by permanent DR for everything or it simply drops the same crap as level 10.

BTW i got the same crap both times

Posted by: Unanimous.1486

Unanimous.1486

blues and greens most of the time (90%), a few rares (which got salvaged into mithril and elder wood logs). Got a vial of mist essence. Still haven’t gotten any shards, and I’ve not got any globs I think past level 20.

So all in all, horrible drops.

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Even though they said they fixed the drop quality, I doubt they did. It still drops the same garbage.

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

Personally, more shards and slightly more rare / exotic quality items.

at 36 one of us had at least 10+ rares while getting 4 rares in 2 out of 4 chests, and it looked like he didn’t have magic find gear too.

So there is still the element of luck where I expect a lot of people will end up getting hardly anything.

Eldiora.5836

Did the level 30 daily after the patch now 3 times as well as level 26 daily.
Day 1: Total yellows: 10, 1 exotic, 1 ring
Day 2: Total yellows: 2 + assortet total crap
Day 3: Total yellows 1 + crap

I hate this stupid bugged DR

Loot would be not so bad if I didnt constantly get hit by DR for no good reason.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Eldiora, there is a difference between DR and just bad luck. You will not hit DR on fractals, simply because of the diversity in the mobs ( well at lvl 50+ the dredge will take long so you will hit the DR there)

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

+1

Why is it on these forums that every single times someone has a little bit of bad luck, they “got hit with DR.”

It’s called bad luck, it happens, deal with it.

Anet make Rev great again.

Eldiora.5836

Bad luck is 3 days in a row when you do the level 30 fractal that you get exactly 2 green 1 blue out of every boss chest and 2 green 1 blue + 1 core out of the fractal maw?

Luck has nothing to do with those abysmal loot chances

When the rest of my teammates get 5+ yellows and sometimes exotics on level 30.

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

Loot in the 50’s was still crap. Counted myself lucky if i saw a single rare in the chest at the end.. it was not unusual to have one or two blues.

Dont get down to the lower levels as much as I would like but the times I’ve done 26 and 30 I always walked away pleased with the quality and quantity of loot I’d found.

Now if only i could convince my regular progression group that our time would be better spent farming the 30’s than pushing into 60.

Posted by: krieb.6039

krieb.6039

Did 26, 28 and 30 dailies the past few days and NO ring dropped. The drops for the chests were mediocre as well…mostly blues and greens (although didn’t even get to loot the 30 chest so can’t say for the 30 chest).

So I’d say the rewards seem to stay the same as the lower levels as you progress to the higher levels. (Similar to AION where most of the time nothing drops)

(edited by krieb.6039)

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Ah ok thanks for the replies, looks like there’s not much reason to progress to the higher levels then at least until additional ascended pieces are added.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i did notice more shards (i got two in one run and two other members of my group also got two each, was the dredge fractal) in level30+ and i also got multiple exotics from 1.2-4g range as a drop from trash mob.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.