So you killed another good farm possibility

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

The Hunter in Arah Path 3 doesn’t drop anything anymore, it was a good 26s with a chest every 5-8min and it got stealth nerfed in between the last 3 hours.

If you create a game where you have to grind immeasurable amounts of gold for simple things like a shiny weapon or seasonal goodies like halloween skins or materials for leveling a profession to 400, why the hell do you kill every single way to get gold for little time?

You promised to not sell a grindy game but you add it anyway, good thing the game isn’t subscription based because you would have none left by now, then you repeatedly nerf every way to grind.

Can you please, at least, tell us why?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I don’t recall a build today or last night when I was doing the farm. Are you sure it was nerfed? Sometimes when you die a boss does not drop loot.

Posted by: Sinanju.8456

Sinanju.8456

It was nerfed. One boss doesn’t drop anything now

(Engineer) Sayonara Memory

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

Well, i got almost all professions level 400 whitout grind, just playing the game and getting items on my way in the game. I donĀ“t need every skin that the game put in store to sell, and there is always visa to buy them if needed.

And I will not stop playing tomorrow so eventually I will get my legendary shinie.

You are just thinking like all those addicted to grinding games where you have to get the most powerful things as fast as you can because in 2 months they will put more powerful things in game.

Stop grinding and enjoy the game.

Kain Francois.4328

Can we get another confirmation this was killed? I don’t recall a new build.

However, I do understand why it was nerfed.. Bots would abuse this like hell.

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

It was fixed server side with nothing needed to download, it stopped dropping for us a few hours ago mid run.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Hotfixes don’t require a download, it’s just some code they put into the game live.

Seems anet got hold of it thanks to this post.

So they are reading the forums, but not for doing good things.

May be i’ll get an answer in form of a stealth message?

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

It was getting pretty abused. We had some solid metrics on it, and decided to kill the loot from one of the bosses in an attempt to slow it down.

It was indeed a hotfix.

Posted by: Cynical.2097

Cynical.2097

It was getting pretty abused. We had some solid metrics on it, and decided to kill the loot from one of the bosses in an attempt to slow it down.

It was indeed a hotfix.

Is the TP not bad enough yet? Is the constant need for 250 of every sort of t6 mat not hard enough? Are 100 lodestones not grindy enough for you guys tet?

Kain Francois.4328

It was indeed a hotfix.

Totally justified in my opinion. Even I abused it! :P

However, I do think people will continue if only for the dungeon tokens.

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

It’s possible. We’re watching metrics on it. I made the judgement call to only turn off the loot for 1 boss. If it is still being abused, I can make more judgement calls.

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

It was indeed a hotfix.

What is sad is that a majority of players already completed most of the abusing and was done with it. We, the rest, just found out and now it’s gone. As the OP said clearly, nerf some more. This is my first real disappointment with this game. The fact that many people already took advantage of it and you were left behind is the sad part.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t think I’d mind this nerf so much if it didn’t take 2 hours to get 60 Arah tokens and other standardized rewards, when every other dungeon in the game earns you the same rewards for 30 minutes of concentrated effort with a good group. The paths are just sooo long in Arah that it’s not worth the time if you only have so much time to put in a day. If each Arah path rewarded double what it does now, I don’t think it’d be a big deal.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Wolfgang Michael.8217

I don’t think I’d mind this nerf so much if it didn’t take 2 hours to get 60 Arah tokens, when every other dungeon in the game earns you the same number of tokens for 30 minutes of concentrated effort with a good group. The paths are just sooo long in Arah that it’s not worth the time if you only have so much time to put in a day. If each Arah path rewarded 120 tokens to compensate for the immense time sink, I’d have no more issue with it.

Well, Robert here is one of the designers for Dungeons. So tell him that. Balance that.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Haha, he and I have talked about it before! I’m sure he’s well aware how I, and a huge chunk of the community, feel about Arah’s rewards, and he’s also mentioned that he’s looking into it with his design team. I think that this farm got taken advantage of so readily is solid evidence in support of buffing Arah’s ending rewards sooner rather than later, but maybe I’m being a little too hopeful.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

When are you guys going to nerf the gold drops in AC?

It seems you don’t want us to make money at all and just buy gems.

Wolfgang Michael.8217

This. Answer us.

Posted by: Eskepesk.4106

Eskepesk.4106

I don’t get it, first you said there will be no grinding in Guild Wars 2. (I would not mind it if there were) But still you have plenty of ways to grind gold and materials. What you can’t really shut down is the group of players that actually WANTS to grind the content, most likely to get a lot of gold but some actually likes that playing style. Patch after patch, you seem to take away the rewards for grinding content.
Players who wish to grind the content are of course after some kind of reward for it.

You just made countless people lose faith and interest by doing this.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

This. Answer us.

Yeah! Answer us NAO! When are you going to bring back bots so that they lower all the prices on the TP and we can buy cheap gold from sellers because you’re so expensive! Then we can complain about those more!

/obvioussarcasm

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

It’s possible. We’re watching metrics on it. I made the judgement call to only turn off the loot for 1 boss. If it is still being abused, I can make more judgement calls.

Wow, is it me or does this guy sound like he is threatening us for playing the game…
I got in on this little grind rather late and thus didn’t really profit from it much, however I am (as many other people are) disappointed that it has been nerfed… I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Anet will not punish farming but aim to adjust things to prevent Botting. I din’t know if botting Arah p3 was even possible!

It’s hard enough that the event to open the gate is broken pretty much 80% of the time. I paid good money for this game.

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

To me the sad thing is not only that they nerf a good farm when the game state right now is a Grindfest thx to the high price of T6 mats and Ecto, and the requeriment to Ascend gear.

The sad is, nerf a farm —-→15 min hot fix

Fix Hatchery mission to continue the story mode —→ 1 Month

Fix Bjarl in COE Path 1 —→ More of 1 week and still no fix, still waiting.

And this is only two example, critical bug in dungeons, story missions , events etc.. last weeks, but nerf farms hotfix in 15 minutes.

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

To me the sad thing is not only that they nerf a good farm when the game state right now is a Grindfest thx to the high price of T6 mats and Ecto, and the requeriment to Ascend gear.

The sad is, nerf a farm —-->15 min hot fix

Fix Hatchery mission to continue the story mode —-> 1 Month

Fix Bjarl in COE Path 1 —-> More of 1 week and still no fix, still waiting.

And this is only two example, critical bug in dungeons, story missions , events etc.. last weeks, but nerf farms hotfix in 15 minutes.

I agree, there needs to be more effort spent on actually fixing the negative game breaking issues. There’s a whole host of bugs this game has that ned attention yet are not given the time of day because too much focuse is set on cutting down viable farming tools.

I admit, I hate farming. Give me something enjoyable that makes money and I will do it. Otherwise I’ll be forced to do the boring stuff..

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

I certainly think people should play the way they want to play, if someone want to mindlessly farm for money in an instance over and over and over and over and over again day after day after day after day after day they should be able to do it. However the rewards should be on par with other activities in the game.

For example one of the common farming dungeons are AC/CoF. I am all for speed runs, if you can finish a run within under 10 minutes, and get a gold plus loot, then so be it, you are good enough for that. Farming the first easy boss is something I certainly don’t respect, I would say people doing it should be given a little more than average the reward simply because it’s such a mundane thing to do, but not 30s + loot per 5 minutes.

[PLUM] – SOR

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

The thing I find most hilarious is that they are forcing up the prices of t6 materials through Ascended gear needing 250+ of all kinds of things but they haven’t introduced any ways of people either a) getting more of these materials from farming or b) giving players more ways of making money so they can afford the inflated materials.

It just seems like they realised they made a big mistake making the Legendaries so easily obtainable at the beginning of the game and now people who got left behind are now even FURTHER behind because of everything that’s changed sinse then.

Pinkus ā€“ Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] ā€“ PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY ā€“ BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

Posted by: Okamy.8235

Okamy.8235

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

I don’t mind that this was nerfed, I think first boss farming is pretty dumb actually. But I do dungeons to compete them, ymmv.

What I would rather they do is increase monetary reward for the last DE in a chain, it would encourage people to see event chains through, and gather support as they get more difficult. In Orr, chests already provide the potential for precursors, but it’d be nice if you were given more actual money. Maybe a bag of platinum when you loot that chest along with whatever other blue/green/rare you get. (with gold in it, since bags of gold have silver in them. lmao)

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

hotfixes don’t require a patch, and the solution was very simple. The hatchery was a complex problem to my understanding (I didn’t fix it personally), and Bjarl will be fixed in the next patch. If you had to fight Bjarl every time in every path, that might get elevated to a bigger issue worthy of an emergency patch since it blocked an entire dungeon.

There are farms available in the game, but when a farm comes up that spikes charts and can upset the economy, we try to act quickly.

Posted by: Lucillia.8297

Lucillia.8297

The economy is in shambles, every method of income that isn’t using the trading post gets “fixed” within the next build or couple of hours yet you’re unable to fix the balthazar event or pet audio and numerous bugs that have been around since the launch of the game.

Honestly, I like the game but I would like it a lot more if you got your priorities sorted on what to fix. You promised a non grind game but their is clearly grind, that doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is you add grind but put diminishing returns on farming in zones and dungeons.

How are players meant to play this game when you keep adding limitations?

I am also interested to see the answer in this.

Posted by: ledzep.9504

ledzep.9504

Gw2 forum logic : Why do you take away our grind! This game is such a grindfest.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

it makes sense it was nerfed, it’s actually 1 boss just 2 enemies so it stands to reason it should only be 1 drop of silver and a bag of goods.

that said however, other than AC and grinding your life away in Orr/Southsun theres still no other alternative farming methods being added to game whilst 1 is being taken away from us.

just yesterday were people not discussing the fact that theres no incentive to do the harder dungeons because the reward is crap compared to easy AC? well now’s your chance to fix that.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

The endgame is clearly grind-based (now, leveling is easy, only I keep out-leveling my gear, especially lately with the drop rate issues), and there’s huge gold sinks that either soak up a bunch of money or prevent people from exploring and playing with friends. This makes people want to earn money so they can do fun things and avoid grind. So they wind up grinding the quickest and most profitable thing. Which then gets nerfed so that it no longer provides decent returns. It’s an irritating cycle.

Gw2 forum logic : Why do you take away our grind! This game is such a grindfest.

You got it backwards – This game is such a grindfest when you promised otherwise, why do you remove all the decent ways to avoid grinding?

@Robert Please, before nerfing any more farms, get the drop rate issues that many players are reporting fixed so that players won’t need to farm to play the game. Maybe you need to light a fire under another team or something, but that’s a big issue.

(edited by Gilosean.3805)

Wolfgang Michael.8217

hotfixes don’t require a patch, and the solution was very simple. The hatchery was a complex problem to my understanding (I didn’t fix it personally), and Bjarl will be fixed in the next patch. If you had to fight Bjarl every time in every path, that might get elevated to a bigger issue worthy of an emergency patch since it blocked an entire dungeon.

There are farms available in the game, but when a farm comes up that spikes charts and can upset the economy, we try to act quickly.

Just a quick question. What is remaining? Where is this farm? Please do explain.

Posted by: metalsonic.2503

metalsonic.2503

It was indeed a hotfix.

What is sad is that a majority of players already completed most of the abusing and was done with it. We, the rest, just found out and now it’s gone. As the OP said clearly, nerf some more. This is my first real disappointment with this game. The fact that many people already took advantage of it and you were left behind is the sad part.

This was Guild Wars original PvE to…

Perma sin could solo UW hard mode all alone and get money for obsidian armor in 10 runs or so. Ursan + 3 necro trivialized PvE completely with eye of the north expansion making people who done the hard mode content the intended way feel left in the shadow. This really is Guild Wars who implements something as easy to do or an easy farm and nerf it 3-4 months to late.

So be prepared for more of stuff like this because this is just how Anet approaches stuff…

Posted by: Falchii.9820

Falchii.9820

Are you that daft?

You’re either one of the many who don’t understand how a market works or maybe you do, but you wanted in because you think you can do it better and faster than anyone. The fact that you got in on it when it wasn’t nerfed means you’re already ahead of the curve – you’ve made money compared to the majority. Yet you want more.

I decided to join for some runs with a group that ran it in ~2 mins, minus the loading screens.

If they didn’t nerf it, and everyone knew about it, you would be stuck trying to grind these two bosses for the mats to make your little characters look pretty. Mats that would cost a kittenload because everyone is running this farm and has bucketloads to spend. You or one of ‘your kind’ would make another useless forum post about how mats are too expensive, Anet is the devil, there’s too much inflation, and you’re being forced to grind to make your character look pretty.

Without the nerf everything else would become obsolete. We’d all be stuck running this to compete in the market. The game becomes Grind Wars 2.

Yet you complain about grind when they nerfed a grind run (you can stop running it now, bro), because you want to grind, and then subsequently accuse the game of too much grind.

Wake up to yourself.

Kain Francois.4328

I’m waiting for updates to Arah in general. Giganticus. Loopi-cus.

Each token run takes 5 minutes. That is 3 tokens/5 minutes. Whereas a normal Arah clear is 60 tokens/2 hours. If we grind the boss farm for 2 hours straight, we only made 72 tokens. Which is very unlikely because people get bored by then.

Of course, the money incentive is something people would still grind it for. I’m not doubting bots would continue either way.

A complete fix however is simply to remove the urchins we use to kill the Hunter.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Jzl.8715

it makes sense it was nerfed, it’s actually 1 boss just 2 enemies so it stands to reason it should only be 1 drop of silver and a bag of goods.

that said however, other than AC and grinding your life away in Orr/Southsun theres still no other alternative farming methods being added to game whilst 1 is being taken away from us.

just yesterday were people not discussing the fact that theres no incentive to do the harder dungeons because the reward is crap compared to easy AC? well now’s your chance to fix that.

AC is not necessarily the most lucrative dungeon. People do it because the dungeon is easy to get through. With the price of ectos going around 34-36 silver, the best farming dungeons are actually the high level dungeons CoF or HotW, this of course needs you to have a good group otherwise you are better off with AC.

I agree there should be some mindless farming things to do in the game. I think AC is actually okay is this respect, in my opinion we need more of this sort, steady but not fabulous rate of return. Otherwise you’ll only have people in harder content getting all the money and loot. Farming the 1st boss however.. this is just stupid. I actually think Arah gear lost some prestige due to the reward system upon release and people farming for first chests.

[PLUM] – SOR

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Hello Robert.

If people would have repeated the entire dungeon instead of just the first boss fight, and received the same amount of gold per hour, would you also have nerfed it?

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Wolfgang Michael.8217

Are you that daft?

You’re either one of the many who don’t understand how a market works or maybe you do, but you wanted in because you think you can do it better and faster than anyone. The fact that you got in on it when it wasn’t nerfed means you’re already ahead of the curve – you’ve made money compared to the majority. Yet you want more.

I decided to join for some runs with a group that ran it in ~2 mins, minus the loading screens.

If they didn’t nerf it, and everyone knew about it, you would be stuck trying to grind these two bosses for the mats to make your little characters look pretty. Mats that would cost a kittenload because everyone is running this farm and has bucketloads to spend. You or one of ‘your kind’ would make another useless forum post about how mats are too expensive, Anet is the devil, there’s too much inflation, and you’re being forced to grind to make your character look pretty.

Without the nerf everything else would become obsolete. We’d all be stuck running this to compete in the market. The game becomes Grind Wars 2.

Yet you complain about grind when they nerfed a grind run (you can stop running it now, bro), because you want to grind, and then subsequently accuse the game of too much grind.

Wake up to yourself.

Be realistic. This game demands grinding if you are into it seriously. I’m not only talking about legendary. Grinding is not the issue here. The fact that some pre informed players were able to repeat this instance again and again providing them with a major advantage over any of us. It is not a contest, yes, but why should it be any easier for anyone else to get something that I have to work my kitten off.

Posted by: Celle.2716

Celle.2716

Good job Arenanet (serios)

I have enoth Gold and tons of mats+Karma without grinding.

Just by playing the game.

Iehova.9518

Otherwise you’ll only have people in harder content getting all the money and loot.

Why is this a bad thing? People being rewarded for their skill was pretty much the selling point of GW.

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

It was obviously too much so no wonder it got fixed. In fact, if i were devs i would make a point system for dungeons where killing a boss/champion gives you X points and you get X reward based on these points once you finish the dungeon instead of making these mobs drop silver/bags to avoid these kind of rushes to 1-2 boss farming.

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

Hey, I got an idea! How bout “hotfixing” Arah on my server so i can actually get in the kitten dungeon??
EDIT: Sry about how this sounded, am just frustrated…

(edited by Catcrafter.3917)

Jzl.8715

Otherwise you’ll only have people in harder content getting all the money and loot.

Why is this a bad thing? People being rewarded for their skill was pretty much the selling point of GW.

If you read all of my comments you’ll see I’m exactly for that…

What I’m saying is you need a way for everyone to farm, of some sort. GW1 has this, running feathers or things as such, or just killing in maps. Easy content can give a lower rate of return than very good players farming high level content, but there needs to be some sort of viable method of farming for the not so skilled players, all I’m sayin.

[PLUM] – SOR

Posted by: Falchii.9820

Falchii.9820

Are you that daft?

Wake up to yourself.

Be realistic. This game demands grinding if you are into it seriously. I’m not only talking about legendary. Grinding is not the issue here. The fact that some pre informed players were able to repeat this instance again and again providing them with a major advantage over any of us. It is not a contest, yes, but why should it be any easier for anyone else to get something that I have to work my kitten off.

“I want in on this too. We should all get in on this. We should run this farm forever because I don’t understand how a market works. Also, why don’t we print money IRL? We have a couple of things to grind money for IRL, it just makes so much sense to print a lot of money so we can all afford to buy what we want.”

Posted by: Absolution.2851

Absolution.2851

I think it was a good call. The idea of giving boss loot rewards including money was to make it more competitive with open-world farming. I guess it got to the point where the amount of money being poured into the system was significant enough to warrant a hot fix

Tip of the hat to Mr. Hrouda, it’s a great way of immediately fixing a source of excess money in the game. To those of you complaining, I’m sure in 2 days, you’ll find something else to milk until the cow goes dry.

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

Guys, c’mon. Let’s be reasonable here. I knew it was going to get nerfed. There was just no way they would let it happen. Any competent group doing the arah farm was able to get roughly 2.5g in 30 minutes along with karma and arah tokens. And there was no DR so people could farm it indefinitely…and with EASE. The problem is, it was simply the best gold/karma farming method period, and people would be forced to farm it in order to keep up with everyone else’s gold gain. At one point, I was logging in to gw2 just to farm arah and couldn’t really do anything else because it was just too hard to pass up.

Posted by: Absolution.2851

Absolution.2851

And the best part is, it’s still not completely nerfed you can still do it for decent monetary compensation. Least it’s better than some other methods of getting money.

This always happens, people get dissapointed when their method of farm gets some attention.

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

Instead of nerfing silver drops bring us proper LFG tool

Posted by: ledzep.9504

ledzep.9504

You got it backwards – This game is such a grindfest when you promised otherwise, why do you remove all the decent ways to avoid grinding?

Farming the first 5minute of a dungeon over and over is not avoiding grinding, its like the definition of the word grind.

I for one am happy this is not the most efficient way to make money anymore.

Iehova.9518

I for one am happy this is not the most efficient way to make money anymore.

Will you be happy when YOUR favorite money making method gets nerfed into uselessness?

Yeah, I thought not.