So you killed another good farm possibility

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

yea i was saddened by this because today i decided to see if i could solo those 2 guys, I did, but the hunter still gave me nothing. Oh well was worth it to figure out that I can do it

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I approve of anything that kills the farming. Players grinding the same boss over and over again shouldn’t be awarded.

Posted by: adicodlea.6302

adicodlea.6302

this game is going down each and every day . i’m seriously thinking to quit , after i’m so close to craft my twilight . Instead fixing the real bugs in the game you are nerfing each possibility to make gold , first plinx spawning time , now arah and so on.. makes me sick.

Posted by: skotie.2614

skotie.2614

Why do you think they nerf every good farm opportunity? It’s free to play or “endure” to use a more accurate term.

To be honest I never minded paying a subscription for a game that was fun, yes I was just wasting my time on a useless game but at least I was enjoying myself, haven’t done much of that in Guild Wars 2 yet.

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

I’m glad this was removed. More gold entering the economy leads to inflation, which would only drive prices up further. Printing money just devalues it, rather than increasing overall wealth, as some people seem to believe.

Precursors being expensive is just because there’s a small supply and re-listing them is difficult due to the listing fee. Furthermore, they wouldn’t keep being priced that high if they weren’t selling. It would be interesting to see if the prices drop if there was a flat listing fee put in place once the listing fee reaches a certain value. For example, the listing fee not being able to go above a maximum of 5 gold.

In short, the more gold that’s in circulation, the less that gold’s worth and the higher prices become to compensate. People value precursors highly, they’re in short supply, and high listing prices prevent re-listing to better meet current demand levels, all of which is why they’re expensive; it’s the combination of the market itself and a potentially unintended constraint at work.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

Posted by: Ghostly.4162

Ghostly.4162

I wish people would just realize that this amount of gph/kph is completely broken and 100% unintended by Arena-Net. Anyone that ran this with a competent group knew that after about 10 runs of doing this. For the sake of math I broke it down on reddit for some people.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/140ja3/so_they_hotfixed_arah_p3_boss_farm/c78t9ca

In short I’ll tell you the final numbers (This is what my 3 man group did)

7-8 gold per hour.
17,000 karma per hour. (can be turned into more gold (30-50s))
75 tokens per hour. (can be turned into more gold(50-90s))

Now… you guys think this got nerfed? You obviously havn’t thought about it for the more well geared and smarter players that are still able to do this as the best gph/kph farm there is.

Even post nerf, a group can easily be making half of those #’s above.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you, but this hotfix was just the first nerf to this easily bottable farming location. It is NOT intended to be able to produce more than 4g an hour in any easily farmed fashion that never diminishes. Something like this inflates an economy quickly and brutally, it cannot be allowed by any means. I for one am glad it was fixed and hope that it will be nerfed even further to prevent botting from running rampant quicker than it already will again.

/thread

Posted by: NekomimiMode.4296

NekomimiMode.4296

Good now nerf AC explore cash rewards so people stop demanding all lvl 80 parties for a lvl 35 dungeon for their l33t ph4rm

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I don’t really get you guys. Why should you get best rewards for something which you can easily solo?

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

hotfixes don’t require a patch, and the solution was very simple. The hatchery was a complex problem to my understanding (I didn’t fix it personally), and Bjarl will be fixed in the next patch. If you had to fight Bjarl every time in every path, that might get elevated to a bigger issue worthy of an emergency patch since it blocked an entire dungeon.

There are farms available in the game, but when a farm comes up that spikes charts and can upset the economy, we try to act quickly.

Name 3 worth while areas to farm or gtfo.

If ur the arah dungeon smith i have no respect for u. Im sorry.

Ur prolly that dude that ground stomped plinx ane cursed shore into oblivion

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I believe this to be the worst time that we can be in GW2. We are told that there are a bunch of improvements in the works, we just have to sit it out. We might as well just mess about in WvWvW or Planetside 2 or XCom or World of Warcraft or read a book in real life (omg) or whatever until they fix drops and make the harder dungeons less painful.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Posted by: Negativity.5801

Negativity.5801

Gotta side with Hrouda here, rewards are nice but people abuse them in ways that aren’t intended. I like that champions/legendary mobs actually have cash drops, but if you abuse them it upsets the economy by spiking the income of players; Of course Anet is gonna nerf it.

I would’ve much rather have received 26s + chest loot for running path 3 Arah once a day rather than seeing it get nerfed into the ground because people abuse it.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

On a side note, I don’t understand why Anet will hotfix and quickly nerf people farming a dungeon, but won’t quickly fix a broken dungeon like CoE path 1.

I’d rather see small incremental changes to fix bugs rather than waiting a month for it. It’s one thing to bundle dungeon and class balancing into one big patch, but it makes absolutely no sense at all to do that for bug fixing.

I’d love to hear some solid reasoning on why they don’t fix bugs as quickly as they nerf farming. I think it makes Anet look bad when their priority isn’t fixing broken content.

Posted by: Herr von Angmar.4251

Herr von Angmar.4251

where do you go farming now? ac?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I don’t get it.

When I play a game I play it becouse it’s fun…
I have some friends who started playing this game at release and when they hit level 80 efter a few days constant playing they said ‘I have lvl80 and there is nothing more to do’ and they quit.

I suspect that it’s almost the same with this “Legendary weapons” I mean why farm for them, why do something boring over and over and over and over again? I would rather take another boring part time job IRL and earn some real money than doing something repetedly and boring that might earn me some pixels and a small improvement of a coded weapon called Exotic.

Personally I play the game becouse it’s fun and if I ever get me a Legendary weapon I will be happy ofcourse but I am sure I had fun doing it.

So in my opinion all kinds of grinding is bad and I hope Anet keeps on stuff that makes you wanna farm/grind.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

hotfixes don’t require a patch, and the solution was very simple. The hatchery was a complex problem to my understanding (I didn’t fix it personally), and Bjarl will be fixed in the next patch. If you had to fight Bjarl every time in every path, that might get elevated to a bigger issue worthy of an emergency patch since it blocked an entire dungeon.

There are farms available in the game, but when a farm comes up that spikes charts and can upset the economy, we try to act quickly.

I’m starting to believe you don’t understand how your own game works.

You act quickly when you see spikes that can upset the economy? Really? How long was it since the karka event finale? I’m pretty sure it was less than 2 weeks ago. Did you forget what happened there already?

A lot of people randomly got a legendary base weapon that sells for 100-300 gold on the TP, some of these people got TWO base weapons and made 400 gold for 10 minutes of effort. Are we to assume ANet thinks giving people this much money for 10 minutes of effort is healthy for the game, but having people being able to make a few gold per hour for actually working hard and dedicating themselves to playing the game is “upsetting the economy”?? Are you kidding me?

Where are the metrics that say “well maybe giving random people 400+ gold for 10 minutes of work would damage the economy”? Why do you think having people get 400+ gold for no work causes no damage but having people make a few gold for hard work is so damaging it has to be removed from the game?

Please explain this to me because I’m dumbfounded by your words.

(edited by Cerise.9045)

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

You act quickly when you see spikes that can upset the economy? Really? How long was it since the karka event finale? I’m pretty sure it was less than 2 weeks ago. Did you forget what happened there already?

A lot of people randomly got a legendary base weapon that sells for 100-300 gold on the TP, some of these people got TWO base weapons and made 400 gold for 10 minutes of effort. Are we to assume ANet thinks giving people this much money for 10 minutes of effort is healthy for the game, but having people being able to make a few gold per hour for actually working hard and dedicating themselves to playing the game is “upsetting the economy”?? Are you kidding me?

Where are the metrics that say “well maybe giving random people 400+ gold for 10 minutes of work would damage the economy”? Why do you think having people get 400+ gold for no work causes no damage but having people make a few gold for hard work is so damaging it has to be removed from the game?

Lmfao. Dude just got handled.

And everything stated above is so kitten true and every point is so valid. I would love to see the response. Too bad it will get locked for pointing out massive ignorance and lack of ability to maintain a gamr correctly.

But kudos to you sir. Many, many kudos.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

What is sad is that a majority of players already completed most of the abusing and was done with it. We, the rest, just found out and now it’s gone. As the OP said clearly, nerf some more. This is my first real disappointment with this game. The fact that many people already took advantage of it and you were left behind is the sad part.

What makes me sad is posts full of pure envy like this. People shouldn’t have been able to take that advantage in the first place, good that it was fixed.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Ned Stark.9356

Ned Stark.9356

Haha, he and I have talked about it before! I’m sure he’s well aware how I, and a huge chunk of the community, feel about Arah’s rewards, and he’s also mentioned that he’s looking into it with his design team. I think that this farm got taken advantage of so readily is solid evidence in support of buffing Arah’s ending rewards sooner rather than later, but maybe I’m being a little too hopeful.

We’ve been saying this for months. Ole Rob has failed to do anything beneficial for us regarding dungeons and instead has done nothing or made them worse. He should go and take some pointers from some D&D DM guides on how to make a rewarding dungeon since looking at how other MMOs set theirs up was too hard for him.

Ned Stark.9356

Why are you all so angry about killing a farm?

This game just done a vertical progression and get an VERY angry response for that (at least in AMA about 1/15 of the questions wasn´t someone angry with ascended gear). I f they get their lesson it will not repeat.

So if we will not have vertical progression WHY did you want so much to have to farm=grind like crazy? Sell your gold IRL (there are people like these so a valid question)? Personal satisfaction? Are you in a hurry to get bored in this game so you can play another? Have a lot of money just to buy a skin?

Eventually everyone who plays this game will get top gear and there will be newbies who will look to you like look to a god. Just play the game.

And if you are curious about how i get my money, a bunch o T6, my exotics and even my rares. I just play the game, do some dungeons, get some gear, go to some low level maps and do dailies, even help some newbies found POIs, WP and Vistas with my explorer title.

I know that it´s difficult to drop the grind and try to enjoy game, all other MMO just teach us that a game needs grind (and I really don´t understand how this game are so grind need) and if you don´t farm you will be a looser. Just stop grind.

We’ll let you know when we want to conform to your way of “enjoying” the game til then get back to the bench.

Ned Stark.9356

This is the biggest upset I have had with ANET in the past 7 years of playing their games. I have no hope for getting my legendary now. What ever happened to no grinding in the game? First you take away Plinx. That literally killed Cursed Shore. Then to put life back into dungeons so we aren’t speed clearing them you make bosses drop these special bags and loot. You want people to do your dungeons? Make. It. Worth. The. Time. We shouldn’t have to spend an hour and a half in Arah for 6 blues, 3 greens, 20-60 tokens, and 1800 karma. Did you see how many people did the Lost Shores event once we knew that spending 2 hours in the event chain for 4-5 exotics was the reward? People wanted to do that event. Right now there is no motivation to do anything except sit in LA and stare at the screen.

The most money this farm brought in per hour was 4g for my group. That’s not that much when mats are 30s a piece and we need 250-500 of Powerful Bloods/Ectos/Dust/Icy Runestones. If it all comes down to how much money is being earned per hour, you better get rid of the trading post as well. You’re slowly pushing the best profit in this game towards buying off of one of those Chinese gold selling websites. Fix it.

To those who say you haven’t grinded at all, quit sucking up to ANET. Be honest and tell the truth. ANET, you have done a great job with this game. But the things you have promised us are falling apart. There is still a massive amount of grind.

My hero here

Ned Stark.9356

Another hero. Yes it’s my multipost day.

Iruwen.3164

Did you see how many people did the Lost Shores event once we knew that spending 2 hours in the event chain for 4-5 exotics was the reward? People wanted to do that event. Right now there is no motivation to do anything except sit in LA and stare at the screen.

Most people didn’t know that (I didn’t, was this mentioned somewhere before?), they just wanted to participate in an epic event. If you cannot motivate yourself to do anything else than grind, that’s entirely not the game’s fault.

Cerise.9045

Did you see how many people did the Lost Shores event once we knew that spending 2 hours in the event chain for 4-5 exotics was the reward? People wanted to do that event. Right now there is no motivation to do anything except sit in LA and stare at the screen.

Most people didn’t know that (I didn’t, was this mentioned somewhere before?), they just wanted to participate in an epic event. If you cannot motivate yourself to do anything else than grind, that’s entirely not the game’s fault.

Some people have already done anything in the game that doesn’t require grind. It was fun, but they moved past it. So what are the long-term goals in this game? All of them require money. Ascended back items are 50+ gold, tier 3 cultural armor is 100+ gold, some legendaries are 1000+ gold. The people who did all the things that don’t require money also want to work towards the things that do require money. Unfortunately ANets idea of actually getting those parts of the game is “wait for the next one time-event and hope you get a legendary base weapon”, and they get rid of any decent way to work towards them by actually playing the game.

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

This is the biggest upset I have had with ANET in the past 7 years of playing their games. I have no hope for getting my legendary now. What ever happened to no grinding in the game? First you take away Plinx. That literally killed Cursed Shore. Then to put life back into dungeons so we aren’t speed clearing them you make bosses drop these special bags and loot. You want people to do your dungeons? Make. It. Worth. The. Time. We shouldn’t have to spend an hour and a half in Arah for 6 blues, 3 greens, 20-60 tokens, and 1800 karma. Did you see how many people did the Lost Shores event once we knew that spending 2 hours in the event chain for 4-5 exotics was the reward? People wanted to do that event. Right now there is no motivation to do anything except sit in LA and stare at the screen.

The most money this farm brought in per hour was 4g for my group. That’s not that much when mats are 30s a piece and we need 250-500 of Powerful Bloods/Ectos/Dust/Icy Runestones. If it all comes down to how much money is being earned per hour, you better get rid of the trading post as well. You’re slowly pushing the best profit in this game towards buying off of one of those Chinese gold selling websites. Fix it.

To those who say you haven’t grinded at all, quit sucking up to ANET. Be honest and tell the truth. ANET, you have done a great job with this game. But the things you have promised us are falling apart. There is still a massive amount of grind.

My hero here

This.

You wonder why people are farming arah ?

WIth the actual mat price, the only way to win money to buy things is farm farm farm farm farm.

I make 2 complete dungeons , WvWvW every day, and all i can see is blue, blue, blue , and some greends items everywhere.

I just spend all yesterday farming Arah with MF and yeah i win gold thx to the 15 silver of bosses, but the only thing that i see in the chest is blues, blues, blues blues, green, i can count the yellows with the fingers of one hand. And i thought, if i would made a 20 complete Explorable runs in Arah opening around80 chest the only thing that i would see it be blue items….seriulsy ?

You dont want that the people farm like old GW1 right ? ( raptors, vaettirs, UW, FOW, etc…) Ok, then make dungeons, events, loot profitable, the only way to win money now is find a farm, just do the same all day, all day, you dont want it…ok, make play the game profitable, is sad spend 1 hour making Arah, win 6 blue and 4 greens, sell it for 20S and cant even buy a T6 with this, and all with the rest of dungeons or events.

You nerf this farm because you win too much gold, ok 30 SIlver in a “normal” pug 5 minutes. Ok , with this “super farm” you “only need” 250 runs to buy a Ascend item or 2000 runs to buy the T6 mats to a Legendary. 1600 runs to the over farm Aarah zone ????

Now just think how you win this money doing normal dungeons , events etc.. is a bad joke, is not that Aarah farm is over or other recently nerf farms, is that win money in GW2 is a nigthmare.

Why have to pass 30-60 mintues making a dungeon , events chain, or WvWvW chest for 6 blue and 4 greens when i can win the same items killing 10 randoms enemies in 10 minutos in a normal map.

And this is only the beggining, the T6 mats and ecto are more expensive every day because there are no “normal and regular” way to get, and nerfing farms, in the hnext weeks we have to play aaaall day only to get 2 Ecto or 2 T6 mats.

Iruwen.3164

Some people have already done anything in the game that doesn’t require grind. It was fun, but they moved past it. So what are the long-term goals in this game? All of them require money. Ascended back items are 50+ gold, tier 3 cultural armor is 100+ gold, some legendaries are 1000+ gold. The people who did all the things that don’t require money also want to work towards the things that do require money. Unfortunately ANets idea of actually getting those parts of the game is “wait for the next one time-event and hope you get a legendary base weapon”, and they get rid of any decent way to work towards them by actually playing the game.

If farming gold was easier, those people would have the items within a short timespan What then? Add more items with even higher requirements? Welcome to WoW.
How about playing a game because it’s fun, like doing RP, WvW or PvP? Are you aware that every game actually has an end, no matter how huge and complex the world is? There’s just nothing you could do to make people playing 10 hours a day happy over time, except introduce more stupid grind mechanisms.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Name 3 worth while areas to farm or gtfo.

If ur the arah dungeon smith i have no respect for u. Im sorry.

Ur prolly that dude that ground stomped plinx ane cursed shore into oblivion

You’re NOT supposed to be able to farm money easily.

If by worthwhile farm you mean spoonfeed me gold so I can buy all my shinies, then I have to disappoint you.

This game isn’t going to spoonfeed you. If you played GW1, you’d understand that after you’re max level if you want to get BiS, it’s not that much effort. If you want to get shiny BiS, it’s as much effort as you want it to be. Shiny titles for effort. Etc, etc.

It’s pretty much the same in GW2, you’re not supposed to get Legendaries in 1 week. You’re not supposed to get 1/10th the price of a BiS shiny in 1 casual day.

If you want farms, go try the Lodestone conversion. It’s simple, and it gives a FAIR profit.

If you want to be risky, do the Rares/Exotics —> Mystic Forge.

If you want to be safe, find a server with Balthazar unbugged and form a group. Then get Bloodstone Shards and do the Mystic Clover recipe.

If you want to progress, progress and then salvage/sell your rares. To be cost-efficient, save your rare level 80 amulets and stick them in the Mystic Forge with Donation Packaging and use that to get Salvage Kits. You can either get 4,500 use Crudes or 3,000 use Basics.

If you want to get spoonfed, please don’t play this game.

Cerise.9045

If farming gold was easier, those people would have the items within a short timespan What then? Add more items with even higher requirements? Welcome to WoW.
How about playing a game because it’s fun, like doing RP, WvW or PvP? Are you aware that every game actually has an end, no matter how huge and complex the world is? There’s just nothing you could do to make people playing 10 hours a day happy over time, except introduce more stupid grind mechanisms.

You’re using a strawman argument here.

I got my legendary weapon 2 months ago and am still playing 5+ hours every day.

The issue isn’t that it takes too long to achieve long term goals, it’s that it takes too long to achieve those goals by playing the game.

They keep removing ways to achieve goals by playing the game, but then add things like 400+ gold rewards for logging in at the end of a one time event, it’s horrible.

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

If farming gold was easier, those people would have the items within a short timespan What then?

Wrong.

If farming gold was easier, by the time you save enough gold to buy something you want these items would be more expensive.

When will people understand that if you want to get stuff easier they have to make it easier to obtain, not raise the gold per hour.

Asbrandr.6324

The issue isn’t that it takes too long to achieve long term goals, it’s that it takes too long to achieve those goals by playing the game.

They keep removing ways to achieve goals by playing the game, but then add things like 400+ gold rewards for logging in at the end of a one time event, it’s horrible.

I believe they stated that they wanted legendaries to be a long-term goal. I don’t think a few months is how long they had in mind; they probably had more of 6 months-1 year as a ball-park estimate. They stated that they were surprised with how fast people were getting them not too long ago.

Furthermore, while you may play the game after getting a legendary, some people may think that’s the last thing they need to get, without traditional gear grind, and are done with the game once they get that item. You can’t project your situation and generalize the rest of the game’s population based on that.

The problem seems to be that people are confused as to whether they want everything handed to them on a silver platter or whether they want things to work towards in order to extend the game’s life for them. Both of these are mutually exclusive; you can’t be handed everything, yet still have something that’s temporarily out of reach.

In short, the players’ version of long-term is different from ANet’s version.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

Cerise.9045

I believe they stated that they wanted legendaries to be a long-term goal. I don’t think a few months is how long they had in mind; they probably had more of 6 months-1 year as a ball-park estimate. They stated that they were surprised with how fast people were getting them not too long ago.

Furthermore, while you may play the game after getting a legendary, some people may think that’s the last thing they need to get, without traditional gear grind, and are done with the game once they get that item. You can’t project your situation and generalize the rest of the game’s population based on that.

The problem seems to be that people are confused as to whether they want everything handed to them on a silver platter or whether they want things to work towards in order to extend the game’s life for them. Both of these are mutually exclusive; you can’t be handed everything, yet still have something that’s temporarily out of reach.

In short, the players’ version of long-term is different from ANet’s version.

You’re still dodging the issue that is causing people to dislike the game, and the choices ANet is making and focusing on an issue you just made up on the spot. Nobody is “confused” so stop with the strawmanning and get back to the subject of the thread.

I see people walking around with legendaries playing the game every single day, I don’t know anyone who got a legendary weapon and stopped playing. Are you just making this stuff up?

Let me reiterate the actual issue again. People want to make progress towards long term goals by actually playing the game. And ANet keeps making changes to the game to stop people from making this progress. The issue is that at the same time ANet put systems in place that lets people make progress towards these goals without playing the game.

GW1 also had long term cosmetic-only goals in place. Did people stop playing when they got obsidian armor? Did people stop playing when they got tormented weapons? The answer is no, because ANet didn’t make the same mistakes back then that they are making with GW2.
GW1 had reliable ways of working towards goals. You go to DoA, UW, FoW, Tombs, or even just do eotn dungeons for a very reliable source of income that helped you reach goals.
What does GW2 have? Log in for 10 minutes during a 1 time event to get 400G, or spend more time looking at numbers on the trading post than you actually do playing the game.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

26s in 5-8 minutes with loot drops…. considering that’s not a uniform pace in any other dungeon or other facet of the game, it probably wasn’t intentional by design. Can’t believe there’s QQ’ing over basically the equivalent of token speed runs prior to them making token drop at the end of runs. If the 26s was on a Giganticus and all of a sudden stopped, yeah that would suck; it’s a tough boss on top of the fact that it takes awhile to actually get to him.

Yeah, cores and lodestones and things that we need a lot of doesn’t help… but neither does flooding the economy with easy farmed gold (you just make prices higher).

Cerise.9045

26s in 5-8 minutes with loot drops…. considering that’s not a uniform pace in any other dungeon or other facet of the game, it probably wasn’t intentional by design. Can’t believe there’s QQ’ing over basically the equivalent of token speed runs prior to them making token drop at the end of runs. If the 26s was on a Giganticus and all of a sudden stopped, yeah that would suck; it’s a tough boss on top of the fact that it takes awhile to actually get to him.

Yeah, cores and lodestones and things that we need a lot of doesn’t help… but neither does flooding the economy with easy farmed gold (you just make prices higher).

What would help is creating an economy where everyone is encouraged to clear challenging content in order to progress.

Instead we get “random people get 400G for free, everyone else have fun with prices on everything skyrocketing and not being able to make enough money to keep up”

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Well I’ll concede that the precursor RNG is a load of doylak poo (I’ve been saying that well before the LS event and that event only inflamed the issue)… Prices are going up because demand is super high and supply is relatively low (and the DR isn’t helping).

The distribution of farmers to “content clearers” matters because if most folks are doing clearing content, then they just have a ton of gold and nowhere to spend it. The few farmers there are do a substitution effect where hey you spent X time getting Y gold…. which is the same as me spending the same amount of time farming Z mats, so we trade your Y for my Z since we spent equal time doing it. Crafting professions hardly add any additional cost for refinement, merely a sum of materials consumed to make the product.

(edited by Bruno Sardine.2907)

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

What do you do in this game? I am genuinely curious.

Certainly not “farm” the same place for hours everyday…are you selling gold or something? Otherwise i don’t know why people is so mad…

There is something called…enjoying the game and playing it normally, not everything has to be about “what gives more profit?…let’s do that!”.

I am certainly not mad, I am just curious as to what they do. They can’t be going for a legendary or progressing into fractals. Upgrading ascended items and obtaining a legendary is rather expensive for some people. Everyone enjoys playing the game differently but the fact that he stated they’re keeping their promise to no grind is flat out wrong.

Edit: If you also read my other comments, I personally don’t mind some grind. What I DO mind is that Anet are quick on their feet to fix farming/grind spots people like to use but there are still bugs known from launch that are still around.

Ill touch on this. The whole no grind was in reference to getting max stat gear. It was not aimed at the entire game.

Ned Stark.9356

Nice way to change the poster of your quote. Too bad anyone can view my post history and see I didn’t post that though.

PS: I give you 1 point for creativity

Asbrandr.6324

-snip-

And even then it took a very long time to get Obsidian armor; longer than a few months.

The people who got those pre-cursors from the Karka event were lucky; granted the chance was boosted, but what you have to realize is that adding weapons into the economy is not adding gold. The gold changes hands from the people buying the pre-cursors to the people selling the precursors. There isn’t a net-positive amount of gold being generated; it’s actually a net-negative because the TP takes a 15% cut from the seller.

So even though some people got two pre-cursors, it isn’t having a detrimental effect on the economy other than introducing more supply to the pre-cursor market, which is the only portion of the economy this example is effecting. This may have a long term effect of devaluing pre-cursors themselves, but not the game currency.

As to your other point of wanting to make progress while playing the game, that’s what happens when you get any gold in game, no matter how much gold that is. The root of the issue is that people think that it takes too long to accumulate all of the gold. They still make progress towards it while playing the game, but that progress seems miniscule to how much they need to make a legendary. This design is intended, presumably, because the very definition of long-term is something that matures over a long period of time. How long long is will likely vary based on individuals’ perceptions.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

(edited by Asbrandr.6324)

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

What we need atm is more gold sinks. say for the wintersday event, instead of ridiculous items which will be inflated again, say “icy candy canes” at 50s each, that does something, etc. lowering supply of gold will helpfully regain back its purchasing power.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Asbrandr.6324

What we need atm is more gold sinks. say for the wintersday event, instead of ridiculous items which will be inflated again, say “icy candy canes” at 50s each, that does something, etc. lowering supply of gold will helpfully regain back its purchasing power.

Hopefully, at some point they implement the guild hall and player housing systems; those should fill this role nicely.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

Esplen.3940

Certainly not “farm” the same place for hours everyday…are you selling gold or something? Otherwise i don’t know why people is so mad…

There is something called…enjoying the game and playing it normally, not everything has to be about “what gives more profit?…let’s do that!”.

I am certainly not mad, I am just curious as to what they do. They can’t be going for a legendary or progressing into fractals. Upgrading ascended items and obtaining a legendary is rather expensive for some people. Everyone enjoys playing the game differently but the fact that he stated they’re keeping their promise to no grind is flat out wrong.

Edit: If you also read my other comments, I personally don’t mind some grind. What I DO mind is that Anet are quick on their feet to fix farming/grind spots people like to use but there are still bugs known from launch that are still around.

Ill touch on this. The whole no grind was in reference to getting max stat gear. It was not aimed at the entire game.

Getting BiS/Max Stat Gear is ridiculously easy. If you put your resources into crafting, you can easily craft it, or you can do dungeons and then convert the tokens. If none of those sound appealing, you can use your (hopefully) saved up karma to buy it from vendors in Orr.

There are so many methods that it’s disgusting and they’re all cheap. I’ve crafted those 3-6g items for about 40s spent, and that’s just because I wanted to upgrade my last few items.

Posted by: wiloman.8613

wiloman.8613

Nerfing this is cool.. But how about you guys worry more about fixing this kitten Arah gate that is bugged for God knows how long ?

I dont think it’s fair for ANet to fix this grind method, when some of us can’t even run the normal dungeon on their own and have to rely on people from other servers.
This grind thing was like a compensation for having to look for people from a server where they could actually enter the dungeon.

If you want to nerf stuff, at least give us a compensation, if it’s not being able to grind tokens (or money) : leave the gates of Arah open until you find a hard fix for the events.

So easy to nerf…. So much harder to fix.

Cerise.9045

-snip-

And even then it took a very long time to get Obsidian armor; longer than a few months.

The people who got those pre-cursors from the Karka event were lucky; granted the chance was boosted, but what you have to realize is that adding weapons into the economy is not adding gold. The gold changes hands from the people buying the pre-cursors to the people selling the precursors. There isn’t a net-positive amount of gold being generated; it’s actually a net-negative because the TP takes a 15% cut from the seller.

So even though some people got two pre-cursors, it isn’t having a detrimental effect on the economy other than introducing more supply to the pre-cursor market, which is the only portion of the economy this example is effecting. This may have a long term effect of devaluing pre-cursors themselves, but not the game currency.

As to your other point of wanting to make progress while playing the game, that’s what happens when you get any gold in game, no matter how much gold that is. The root of the issue is that people think that it takes too long to accumulate all of the gold. They still make progress towards it while playing the game, but that progress seems miniscule to how much they need to make a legendary. This design is intended, presumably, because the very definition of long-term is something that matures over a long period of time. How long long is will likely vary based on individuals’ perceptions.

Hate to burn down your strawman about legendary base weapons not getting money into circulation… where do you think people got so much money? There were people who had hundreds of gold during the first 1-2 weeks of the game, and there are people who have over 5000k gold sitting around in their inventory right now. They didn’t get this money by farming, they got it from exploiting and bot-farming. Nothing was done to prevent this money from getting into the economy. So selling a base weapon for 300 gold doesn’t make that money more “legitimate” than running arah for 200 hours, that 300 gold for the base weapon was probably generated in a couple of hours by RMT companies.

But that still does not address the actual issue caused by the stupid decisions ANet is making and you keep dancing around. But I’m tired of repeating those issues since I’ve tried rephrasing them in every way I know how and I believe you are smart enough to know exactly what I mean but just don’t want to acknowledge the problem. But if you still think the issue has to do with “taking too long to get something” then you need to reread my previous posts more carefully.

Esplen.3940

-snip-

-Snip-

Hate to burn down your strawman about legendary base weapons not getting money into circulation… where do you think people got so much money? There were people who had hundreds of gold during the first 1-2 weeks of the game, and there are people who have over 5000k gold sitting around in their inventory right now. They didn’t get this money by farming, they got it from exploiting and bot-farming. Nothing was done to prevent this money from getting into the economy. So selling a base weapon for 300 gold doesn’t make that money more “legitimate” than running arah for 200 hours, that 300 gold for the base weapon was probably generated in a couple of hours by RMT companies.

But that still does not address the actual issue caused by the stupid decisions ANet is making and you keep dancing around. But I’m tired of repeating those issues since I’ve tried rephrasing them in every way I know how and I believe you are smart enough to know exactly what I mean but just don’t want to acknowledge the problem. But if you still think the issue has to do with “taking too long to get something” then you need to reread my previous posts more carefully.

And even then, the only money going into circulation is by people buying from RMT companies, not from people hoarding money. So the situation isn’t just precursors causing an influx in money, it’s simply the people hoarding the money, aka the RMT companies.

Think about it. I know for a fact that half the people I know that have Legendaries bought the precursors, globs, and other materials that are needed did so with RMT companies. While I myself don’t agree with that, I can’t stop them from spending their money.

Asbrandr.6324

-snip-

It’s fundamental economic theory that trading items doesn’t introduce more money into the economy, if you can’t see that, I’m not going to argue with you. It’s the exchange of funds, not the generation of additional funds. Adding RMT companies into this argument is a red herring; the way they produce their money is through generating it via drops and rewards, rather than exchanging it; although they do exchange it as well, since they were selling the materials they gathered and when they were removed the prices for those materials jumped up because of the loss of supply.

As for the exploiters with large sums of money, what do you want them to do? Ban everyone who has ever made money in a way they thought was legitimate? Quick way to kill a playerbase; although I agree that severe offenders should be punished at least temporarily or that there should be a way to reverse the funds gathered this way. However, I’m sure a multiple-day server rollback would only serve to further irritate the community, as people who actually did work legitimately would lose all progress made during the time that was rolled back.

Also, it’s not really a strawman argument because this is an underlying issue to why people believe they need to farm or have reliable ways to make money quickly in the first place. I simply chose to address a part of the argument, rather than the entirety of it because there are too many factors to address the issue directly, rather than piecewise.

My point is that it isn’t a stupid decision to remove or fix areas with good farm if the intent is to prevent farming and encourage playing other parts of the game in the first place. They did this in GW1 as well. They nerfed ecto drops in UW to prevent farming, they added Dhuum’s skeletons to prevent farming, they nerfed parts of dedicated farming builds to prevent farming, and they even added anti-farm code in GW1, which is present in GW2 as well, to prevent farming. Perhaps, from this, it seems that ANet doesn’t want farming to be a primary way to play the game.

If you believe that rewards from the other parts of the game aren’t significant enough to warrant playing them and instead feel that you’re being forced to farm to acquire currency, that’s another issue entirely. To address that issue you need to explain why you feel the need to farm in the first place. Legendaries? Prestige Armor? Both of those are meant to be something that are worked towards which brings us full circle to my original argument which addresses a discrepancy in what players consider to be long-term and what ANet considers to be long-term.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

(edited by Asbrandr.6324)

SiNoS.2147

Getting BiS/Max Stat Gear is ridiculously easy. If you put your resources into crafting, you can easily craft it, or you can do dungeons and then convert the tokens. If none of those sound appealing, you can use your (hopefully) saved up karma to buy it from vendors in Orr.

There are so many methods that it’s disgusting and they’re all cheap. I’ve crafted those 3-6g items for about 40s spent, and that’s just because I wanted to upgrade my last few items.

Yup which is why every time i see someone on a rant about the “grind” and how they said there would not be a grind i just facepalm. They actually delivered on the no grind promise.

Esplen.3940

Yup which is why every time i see someone on a rant about the “grind” and how they said there would not be a grind i just facepalm. They actually delivered on the no grind promise.

Like, the only grind in GW2 is the grind you give yourself. You can easily be a minimalist and get Exotics and then just WvW or even not level up and do sPvP, or you can grind and get those shiny titles and that shiny weapon/armor. Nobody is forcing you to… GRIND it.

SiNoS.2147

Like, the only grind in GW2 is the grind you give yourself. You can easily be a minimalist and get Exotics and then just WvW or even not level up and do sPvP, or you can grind and get those shiny titles and that shiny weapon/armor. Nobody is forcing you to… GRIND it.

Oh i fully agree. I’ve had my Culture T3 armor for some time now. Beleave it or not i got it from just playing the game and not intentionally going out and grinding. Over all i make more money just playing the game than i do grinding as i have tried it to see just what the appeal is. I think i made right at 5 gold that day grinding. I make twice that just fooling around with my crafting. Which if your decent at you spend a whole whopping 5 minutes on a day once your 400 unless your making gear for an alt or a friend.

Posted by: Sarne.4528

Sarne.4528

Robert, good on you for taking the heat and responding to this question, which you didn’t have to do at all. It is a little upsetting about how much heat and exploits go down in Arah because people can’t manage to actually play the game there; not sure if its skill or laziness issues…

This thread is absolutely hilarious and that is why I think they haven’t closed it.

I can easily think of 4-5 spots where I can farm 3-5g an hour SOLO, depending upon how well magic find is working for me and honestly, I wouldn’t want to do the farm here even for that extra bit. It’s no fun at all.

To the people who brought up the precursor farm from the Karka event, that was gold already in the economy, not NEW gold being introduced at an alarming rate, like this exploit was.

Posted by: Excisidium.1723

Excisidium.1723

Robert, good on you for taking the heat and responding to this question, which you didn’t have to do at all. It is a little upsetting about how much heat and exploits go down in Arah because people can’t manage to actually play the game there; not sure if its skill or laziness issues…

This thread is absolutely hilarious and that is why I think they haven’t closed it.

I can easily think of 4-5 spots where I can farm 3-5g an hour SOLO, depending upon how well magic find is working for me and honestly, I wouldn’t want to do the farm here even for that extra bit. It’s no fun at all.

To the people who brought up the precursor farm from the Karka event, that was gold already in the economy, not NEW gold being introduced at an alarming rate, like this exploit was.

Obvious troll is obvious.

(Going to double post here)

So what you’re saying is that ANet should hotfix absolutely everything that can bring in money. I was grinding 4g per hour with the Arah farm playing the game. But people playing the Trading Post can make 100g+ sitting in LA. Yup, that’s fair.

Also, name those 4-5 spots where you farm. If you don’t, people will call bull on you. Like I am right now.

Posted by: Excisidium.1723

Excisidium.1723

Okay, post your in game name here. I will send you 10g if you can go around the GW2 world and do every single event 5 times and get all of your clovers and obsidian shards. I think 5 is a fair enough number to say anything afterwards in grinding. Maybe you just like certain events a lot and feel like you want to do that one over a few times. You have a month.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It was getting pretty abused. We had some solid metrics on it, and decided to kill the loot from one of the bosses in an attempt to slow it down.

It was indeed a hotfix.

Less chat about this, more fixing Simin plx!

In fact, you’ve had ages to hotfix that so she heals slower…

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

A lot of people are angry that their exploit got fixed. You understand that if one method of grinding makes 2x-4x more money than any other that any player that doesn’t participate is being punished, right?

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR