Solo Dungeon option - end forced grouping

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

Please make the story and reguluar dungeons easier and soloable without nerfing the rewards and less reliant on forced grouping. I keep seeing on here you are supposed to be able play the game the way you want. If I don’t want to join a group than I should be able to have that choice if the above in your overall goal.

I haven’t tried to join a group yet in gw2 but if its any like wow than you have people that stress out about every little thing from your weapons to when you use skills to even how fast you play which is very annoying. Even on here you have people bickering. Some are saying its too hard some are complaining about people finding easier ways to complete them and defeat bosses (really? you complain on how others play the game?) and so on and so forth. which is also an example of how people act when actually in a group.

Anyways the game is great you can solo most of it if you want which is a great thing as long as you stay away form vertical progression and make the dungeons soloable it would be a great addition . of course this is my opinion the readers opinion may differ

Edit to include regular dungeons to

(edited by NovaBlast Shockwave.5164)

Posted by: iced cooly.5794

iced cooly.5794

Hey buddy,

Ive joined plenty o PuGs where people are friendly and chilled out. These are the best dungeon runs, there are some stressy people ive pugged with but usually they cry and quit which is pretty funny to be fair.

Just give it a go finding groups , you may be suprised. But yeah some solo options would be cool aswell, to help honour all play styles.

Posted by: Pers.3029

Pers.3029

“I haven’t tried to join a group yet in gw2…”

There’s your problem. If you haven’t tried it or aren’t willing to, then how do you know it’s going to be a bad experience?

This game is nothing like WoW – you can’t inspect people’s gears, there’s no DPS meters, there’s no trinity (healing, tank, dps). People kind of just run around in circles dodging stuff and a lot of times it’s a s*** show, and that’s quite acceptable.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

No responses to your post so here you go. To your suggestion I say not as a question “why not!”. What do I care what you do? I Dont. Now Im guessing that this isnt going to happen so I will attempt to help you out. First yes, other humans can be a pain in the kitten. Not me though. Just all the other stupid and unreasonable people! Really its not that bad in a group and in my experience at least 80% are a good experience. Only maybe 3% are really unpleasant and those are the groups that you just quit. Dont waste your precious gw2 playing time on the 3%. Just quit, get into another group and the odds are that it will be a good experience. Give it a chance. Do it or Dont idc.

Posted by: Ferrus.7609

Ferrus.7609

I think it would be cool to have the option to go in with fewer players and be able to complete the dungeon. Even if rewards were reduced I have a small group of friend I like to play with and prefer not to gamble with grouping up with someone rude or unqualified

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I still think there should be a choice solo or grouped, it worked in GW1

Posted by: Silk Greywin.2453

Silk Greywin.2453

I have teamed up with strangers multiple times and haven’t enjoyed the experience. The dungeons are designed for “team” play but Anet expect 5 strangers to automatically create a team… what a crock…. you have 5 people with their own agenda and playing styles. Anet needs to take a deep breath of reality. The people are basically great people, but that doesn’t make you an effective team, and these new changes will just make the entire dungeon venture with strangers even less fun. Another BAD move among many bad moves lately Anet.

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

I was reading the responses and someone made the exactly the point that i was making..

….Snip…..grouping up with someone rude or unqualified

I agree with the rude sentiment but I call your attention to the word “unqualified” if you look at this board it is full of people complaining about “bad players” and how they don’t want to play with them.

I just like running around killing stuff. if that makes me a “bad player” so be it. If you want to act like your a a elite S. E.A.L team on a life or death mission. and have complete seriousness and precision good for you that doesn’t make others “bad players” just because they don’t take it as seriously as you.

Posted by: Impulse.7019

Impulse.7019

I would enjoy solo option on dungeons. I’d also enjoy co-op option on dungeons. Adding these two options can only enhance people seeing all the content. If you want people to only scratch the surface of a game make everything mandatory group oriented. Solo and co-op mobs should be scaled slightly more challenging due to communication bonuses of working with yourself or just 1 buddy. Hence solo run takes say 45 mins, co-op 30 mins, group 15 mins. This would give a reason to find a group but allow everyone to experience everything and all rewards. Rewards should be equal in all modes.

Posted by: grayray.9758

grayray.9758

I would also enjoy a solo option as i don’t get to play as much as i would like to as i work on a mine and work shift work so i play for about 1hr or so i have done a few runs with other’s on my ranger (she is lvl 80 now and only done AC twice in getting there)and enjoyed it but i have also sat around looking for a group at my story lvl with no luck gone back to clearing a map and just before i have to log off see someone ask for my lvl so a option for a solo run would be nice for ppl like me .

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

this really needs to be implemented I was reading though the rest of the thread discussions and the term “bad player” is used so much on here I have really no desire to actually give grouping a chance .

That and the fact that by reading I have learned that players can kick others out even if there is no justifiable reason.

(omg this person sucks-is not a justifiable reason)

(some being negative slamming other players and generally trying to be a dictator or otherwise unfriendly would be)

I could see this being especially bad If your with people who know each other they can easily get 2 votes to kick you without even a fair reason. There should be a dispute tab t hat the kicked person can fill out . Get too many disputes that a g m finds unjustified and you loose the right to vote. .

Posted by: Nyxpersona.9128

Nyxpersona.9128

I also agree with the added option of being able to solo a dungeon. They had this in GW1 and with just the right tweaks in balancing it could work here as well, and regarding to the experiences of grouping up with random players, I can totally relate to that issue. Certain players just feel the need to act like a hotshot or dictator. I’m sure anyone in their right state of mind would probably realize that if that the group is made up of 5 completely randomly selected players, then the run is bound to be flawed in some way. Its understandable.
Secondly I would also like to add another concern that I once came across while doing a dungeon run with a couple of randoms. Having seen that they were all apart of the same guild, they continued to bash a fellow random in the group ( for apparently attacking a wrong mob/enemy) (meanwhile everyone was on the same target anyway, and that they are just yelling at the poor guy simply because they enjoy ganging on people for their own entertainment that isn’t part of their guild).
Bottom line is , not everyone is going to be on equal terms with each other. Its just the way it is. If there’s someone in your group that’s acting like a jerk, you always have the option to leave the group and find another. ( You don’t have to stay and put up with their nonsense).

Posted by: Libertys Knight.4520

Libertys Knight.4520

It really would be nice to be able to solo or even go back to where we could adjust our Hero’s ( Hencemen ) like in GW1.You have urself and 7 other toons on ur team. You could make a run in GW1 with Hero’s u lvl’ed and build. If it didnt work u could go out and adjust a few powers and try again. Not have to worry about what others think or say. Was one of the best parts of the game. I enjoyed being in control of my own team. Sure it would take some time to get though some missions trying diffrent setups. But you didnt have to leason to some kid cussing and talking trash about how u played. Take breaks when ever u want. You was in full control of ur game and ur speed.
But from my understanding. GW2 has said that it will not happen. That havin Hero’s in and solo’ing runed GW1 and there not going there again.

If solo’ing is what u want. You should really look at GW1 if u never played it. The way things are going in GW2. I find myself every day of getting closer and closer to go back to GW1. There is alot of missions. You never run out of missions to do solo. GW2 is great until u get to the end of the quest and then u really dont have much choice but to play with others or find another game.

Maybe after a year come back to GW2 and all the elitiest will have gotten bored and moved on to something diffrent. Then u will have the turn fans of GW2. Right now u got Game of the year and its a free to play MMO. So u have to take the good with the bad until there weeded out. It wont take to long. Unless GW2 just runs it into the ground like City of Heros. Nerfs and changes every 3 months.

SoR Server
Libertys Knight 80 Warrior, Mrs Liberty 80 Ranger
Hitechredneck 80 Guard, Legendary Bozo 80 Mez

(edited by Libertys Knight.4520)

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

i am also in favor the ideea of soloing dungeons, maybe in the next payed chronicle ?

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I was reading the responses and someone made the exactly the point that i was making..

….Snip…..grouping up with someone rude or unqualified

I agree with the rude sentiment but I call your attention to the word “unqualified” if you look at this board it is full of people complaining about “bad players” and how they don’t want to play with them.

I just like running around killing stuff. if that makes me a “bad player” so be it. If you want to act like your a a elite S. E.A.L team on a life or death mission. and have complete seriousness and precision good for you that doesn’t make others “bad players” just because they don’t take it as seriously as you.

No one ever said you are a bad player for running around “killing stuff”. (strawman)

No one cares if you take things seriously or not. But if your carefree attitude is causing you to not contribute to the team or doing things that cause the whole team to wipe, then that makes you a bad player. It’s not a matter of being serious or not, it’s a matter of you wasting everyone’s time.

Posted by: Hoju.7852

Hoju.7852

Maybe not being able to solo story mode, but how about just allow the players to scale 2 levels higher than the intended dungeon level? That would equate it with the dynamic leveling systems of the open world and those 2 extra levels could make a big difference for pug groups. This is intended for story mode.

Posted by: Tristavel.9218

Tristavel.9218

It’s not a matter of being serious or not, it’s a matter of you wasting everyone’s time.

And that’s exactly the reason I believe the OP’s suggestion makes sense. It’s not really the matter of people being inherently rude/elitist/uncooperative, it’s the question of different attitudes to gaming.

As far as I’m concerned, I’m already “wasting time” playing the game. TBH, some of the “worst” (in terms of gaming effectiveness) experiences I had were actually the “best” (in terms of fun/memorable experience) ones at the same time. I don’t care that much about maximizing time/reward ratio, because that’s something I do at work and I really don’t need to bring this equation into simple fun. To me, skipping/glitching/speeding through content is a bit like listening to music at 2x speed just to save time.

I don’t think either of us is wrong as such, but at the same time – should we meet in a dungeon party – one of us would probably be somewhat annoyed by the other. And unless one is fortunate enough to have long time buddies play the game with him, such collisions are impossible to avoid – thus I believe OP’s suggestion is a sound one.

Won’t happen, but it would be a good thing IMO.

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

Please make the story dungeons easier and soloable without nerfing the rewards

So you want all the rewards with none of the effort? You are everything wrong with gaming today and I would politely ask you to go play something more your speed, like Farmville or Angry Birds.

Posted by: Zarathustra.2091

Zarathustra.2091

Disagree. There’s plenty of solo content in the game. It does not make sense to ruin a grouping experience to appease a minority that wants to do it alone.

In other news, there are plenty of videos of people soloing dungeon content as they stand.

See You in Town,
-Z

DeathPanel.8362

It’s not a matter of being serious or not, it’s a matter of you wasting everyone’s time.

And that’s exactly the reason I believe the OP’s suggestion makes sense. It’s not really the matter of people being inherently rude/elitist/uncooperative, it’s the question of different attitudes to gaming.

As far as I’m concerned, I’m already “wasting time” playing the game. TBH, some of the “worst” (in terms of gaming effectiveness) experiences I had were actually the “best” (in terms of fun/memorable experience) ones at the same time. I don’t care that much about maximizing time/reward ratio, because that’s something I do at work and I really don’t need to bring this equation into simple fun. To me, skipping/glitching/speeding through content is a bit like listening to music at 2x speed just to save time.

I don’t think either of us is wrong as such, but at the same time – should we meet in a dungeon party – one of us would probably be somewhat annoyed by the other. And unless one is fortunate enough to have long time buddies play the game with him, such collisions are impossible to avoid – thus I believe OP’s suggestion is a sound one.

You took that quote of mine completely out of context. I stated you are a bad player if you end up causing the whole team to wipe and end up wasting everyone’s time.

Everyone has their own definitions, but it takes a warped person to enjoy a team wipe and waiting longer to finish something wouldn’t you agree?

I am all for a solo dungeon option with much reduced rewards, infact I probably would prefer that choice given the current state of teams.

Having options is never a bad thing.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

As long as solo-mode is restricted to Story, I have no issues with this. If you want solo explorables, perhaps it is time to ask yourself if buying a massively multiplayer game called Guild Wars was the right choice.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

I agree that dungeons that a solo option would be handy and nice to have.

While many games have ‘difficulty levels’ so that less experienced players can play through while more gifted players have a challenge GW2 offers none of that.

Just as in life anything can be a challenge until its ‘known’. The first few groups that figured out the ‘boss’ mechanics and how to beat them were faced with a challenge up to the point of figuring it out. Afterwards, once a solution was/is known its easy.

Personally, I think they ought to add a ‘insane’ mode. Something to keep the more gifted players challenged.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I wouldn’t mind a solo version of SM; I personally don’t think anyone should be denied story and lore because they can’t get a group.

EM though should stay strictly challenging group content to test teamwork.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

this is a social game not a anti social game

DeathPanel.8362

It would be anti social to force people to socialize against their will.

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

I’d argue that we need more forced grouping.

Solo game-play has completely ruined MMO’s and deviated them from what they originally were.

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

The term “bad player” is used so much on here I have really no desire to actually give grouping a chance.

That and the fact that by reading I have learned that players can kick others out even if there is no justifiable reason.

(omg this person sucks-is not a justifiable reason)

(some being negative slamming other players and generally trying to be a dictator or otherwise unfriendly would be)

I can’t really believe that you couldn’t give people the chance, by checking that how groups work in this game. You just seem to believe everyone in this game is like those listed above. By not giving people any chance YOU, also, sound very the same.

This is MMO game. Why wouldn’t people want to play with others?

Specially for the ending: You just don’t go and face the evil alone. You need friends (group) to help you with that!

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

(edited by Timze.7980)

Posted by: shaun.1254

shaun.1254

nice request i hope you get what you want

solo dungeons would be cool

DeathPanel.8362

Solo game-play has completely ruined MMO’s and deviated them from what they originally were.

Wrong. GW2’s success lies in it’s numerous options for advancement that appeals to a broad playerbase.

When you FORCE people do do certain things without giving them options then GW2 will lose it’s uniqueness from the other failed MMOs in history.

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

Wrong. GW2’s success lies in it’s numerous options for advancement that appeals to a broad playerbase.

When you FORCE people do do certain things without giving them options then GW2 will lose it’s uniqueness from the other failed MMOs in history.

MMO just live by their names so easily.

I’m not saying that this must not come true (solo dungeons) but I don’t really see the thing behind what people are talking. If they hate grouping with randoms they should consider other games, games that are just for single players or something different…

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

Posted by: Tristavel.9218

Tristavel.9218

I’d say that having bunch of strangers group together to complete a part of content – which, if all know the path well enough, often requires next to no real communication between them – and then go their separate ways never to meet again is about as social as morning ride on the bus. Effectively, each of them is going “solo” – doing their own thing, relying on and supporting the party as required, but the only thing that keeps them together is common goal. I wouldn’t call that a truly “social” activity, but to everyone his own.

You took that quote of mine completely out of context.

Kind of true, sorry if it looked like personal nitpicking. I chose that part because I think this is the way many “elite” dungeon runners feel: that the important part is to maximize time/reward ratio, and anyone who doesn’t want/doesn’t know how to do this is “wasting everyone’s time” in effect. All I wanted to say is that there are more ways to look at this.

Everyone has their own definitions, but it takes a warped person to enjoy a team wipe and waiting longer to finish something wouldn’t you agree?

To an extent, yes. Smooth run with nice people is the optimum, but I’d rather have a “bad” run with good natured team than a smooth one with rude and aggressive one. Believe it or not, there can be fun in trial and error, even if it takes a lot of time; for me, having to deal with aggressive jerks who need to take every opportunity to demonstrate their (real or imagined) superiority ruins the fun much more than simple incompetence. People make mistakes, people learn from mistakes, it’s just a game, nothing to get worked up about. On the other hand, it’s just a game, I play for fun and relaxation, I don’t need to put up with slew of abuse just because I messed up somewhere – or because someone thinks I did.

All this said, my personal experience with dungeon groups is actually mostly positive, majority of parties I joined were either nice or neutral (in the “chat is dead until everyone’s saying BB” way). The current system works, which doesn’t mean it cannot be improved. I think this game struck a perfect balance in open world play, as it can be enjoyed solo or in group depending on situation and preference, and neither option is clearly better than the other. Way to go, Anet.

As for dungeons, personally I’d be in favor of introducing both scaling for solo/small groups and “Hard Mode” for people seeking extra challenge and best rewards. I think many negative experiences people have now come from different expectations clashing within one team.

DeathPanel.8362

To an extent, yes. Smooth run with nice people is the optimum, but I’d rather have a “bad” run with good natured team than a smooth one with rude and aggressive one. Believe it or not, there can be fun in trial and error, even if it takes a lot of time; for me, having to deal with aggressive jerks who need to take every opportunity to demonstrate their (real or imagined) superiority ruins the fun much more than simple incompetence.

If teammates were rude and aggressive then that would be by definition “bad” wouldn’t it?

“Trial and Error” is fun the first few times, but when you’ve done the same dungeon over and over again hundreds of times like me it stops being fun.

When I do dungeons I don’t care about anything but finishing it. I’ve already been there and done that a hundred times and I frankly don’t feel like wasting time on something so mundane.

If someone is preventing that from happening due to their inexperience I try to help. If that input is not taken and\or if that person reacts aggressively I’ll either quit or vote kick that person.

Bottom line, I have my friends and family in REAL LIFE. This is just a game where I team up with strangers. While I afford a minimal level of respect to everyone regardless of my relationship with them I don’t feel the need to go beyond that for strangers online if their actions waste my time.

Having said that of course I carry more than my own weight in a team, and you’ll never see me rage. I either quit or vote kick if it gets bad enough. I don’t like to waste time on drama with what are most likely pre-teens in an online game.

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

So you want all the rewards with none of the effort? You are everything wrong with gaming today and I would politely ask you to go play something more your speed, like Farmville or Angry Birds.

Well if you are of the opinion that all games should be made so they are “insane hard core challenge level” then I would say the same sentiment is true for you and would politely suggest that you should go play something more your speed like masters at chess , fps or a game with a insane level built into it.

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

+1 what they said ……

Posted by: Shadowfist.2708

Shadowfist.2708

Well if you are of the opinion that all games should be made so they are “insane hard core challenge level” then I would say the same sentiment is true for you and would politely suggest that you should go play something more your speed like masters at chess , fps or a game with a insane level built into it.

I’m fine with letting you solo them, so long as your rewards are drastically reduced in order to reflect the drastically reduced level of work required.

This is a multiplayer game, yet you come here and complain that it’s not got enough single player action for you. It’s marketed and advertised as an MMO for a reason. Skyrim would probably be more up your alley.

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Yes , dungeons should be soloable no matter the level ! Just got kicked 2nd time at maw in fractals ! Guess someone needs their friends to loot chests or their own accounts ! Anet get on them and share your bans !

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

So you don’t want to join a group in a MMO because some players are rude and you think you will get kicked from a group because you are bad ?

There are dozens of guilds looking for members, dozens of forum posters saying that they are willing to teach new players. If you never try to do anything, you won’t magically get better.

Now players kicking others for no reasons, should be banned. But if you are an awfully rude player that has been complaining for 80% of the run, you will end up getting kicked.

Posted by: Shadowfist.2708

Shadowfist.2708

Now players kicking others for no reasons, should be banned. But if you are an awfully rude player that has been complaining for 80% of the run, you will end up getting kicked.

I dunno. I’ve been in groups where one person was preventing the other 4 from being able to progress. They were nice but it was clear that no progression or final loot would be in the future if they weren’t replaced. This was explained to the person and they were asked to leave. When they did not, they were kicked and replaced by the group.

There are many reasons besides being rude to kick someone. You might not like it but they’re valid reasons all the same. Raising the number of people required to kick from 2 to 3 would make more sense. However, your definition of “kicking for no reason” may very well include items that other people find to be a valid reason.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

I thought it was pretty clear that “hindering the group” was a reason to be kicked. Now of course what exactly is hindering the group ? We could go for a while on that debate.

But being kicked because they want to invite their friends when you’ve done more than half the dungeon is not a valid reason.

And to be a little more specific : what you mentioned was a real example ? Please tell me where one player is enough to drag a whole group down ? Was that player under the recommended level ?

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

I’m fine with letting you solo them, so long as your rewards are drastically reduced in order to reflect the drastically reduced level of work required.

This is a multiplayer game, yet you come here and complain that it’s not got enough single player action for you. It’s marketed and advertised as an MMO for a reason. Skyrim would probably be more up your alley.

I disagree with your entire comment

1 you should not be penalized for your play style so t he rewards should be the same.

2 MMO simply means multiplayer that means more than one player playing the in the same world in real time *It Does NOT mean forced grouping and forced guilding. *

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

1 you should not be penalized for your play style so t he rewards should be the same.

2 MMO simply means multiplayer that means more than one player playing the in the same world in real time *It Does NOT mean forced grouping and forced guilding. *

It’s a multiplayer online experience. Dungeons are optional. Don’t want to group – don’t do dungeons. Or better yet, follow those insanely skilled guys on youtube and SOLO a dungeon. It has been done before and just because the game recommends you to go in with a 5 man group you’re not forbidden from going in alone.

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

So you don’t want to join a group in a MMO because some players are rude and you think you will get kicked from a group because you are bad ?

There are dozens of guilds looking for members, dozens of forum posters saying that they are willing to teach new players. If you never try to do anything, you won’t magically get better.

You have completely missed the entire maybe you should read the reply that i +1 earlier.

1 I don’t consider myself a bad player . 2 i don’t want to join a guild unless i choose to I have fun i am not one of the elitist players described earlier .

As for kicking Personally i think being rude, elitist, complaining about the what the other players are doing (unless they are complaining about some negative thing like being a dictator or elitist), or being dictator is the only viable reason for kicking someone . Kicking someone because they don’t have the same play style or attack creature you don’t want to be attackedor any other legitimate game-play reason is not.

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

It’s a multiplayer online experience. Dungeons are optional. Don’t want to group – don’t do dungeons. Or better yet, follow those insanely skilled guys on youtube and SOLO a dungeon. It has been done before and just because the game recommends you to go in with a 5 man group you’re not forbidden from going in alone.

You also missed the entire point of this thread . Everyone should be able to do everything no matter what their play style is.

Mirta.5029

You also missed the entire point of this thread . Everyone should be able to do everything no matter what their play style is.

and they are! If by play style you mean class, weapon choice, trait choice, ability choice, armor choice. Dungeons don’t hinder that at all. Though remember this is an MMO. I’m a solo player mostly and I don’t mind to group up for dungeons because I understand that I did not buy a single player game.
At the same time you are not following my advice for some reason. The game is not hindering your “play style”. It does not forbid you from entering the dungeons on your own. It just doesn’t make it any easier on you. The same way that you can solo group events. So go on, solo a dungeon! It has been done before by skilled players so surely you can do it too

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

and they are! If by play style you mean class, weapon choice, trait choice, ability choice, armor choice. Dungeons don’t hinder that at all. Though remember this is an MMO. I’m a solo player mostly and I don’t mind to group up for dungeons because I understand that I did not buy a single player game.
At the same time you are not following my advice for some reason. The game is not hindering your “play style”. It does not forbid you from entering the dungeons on your own. It just doesn’t make it any easier on you. The same way that you can solo group events. So go on, solo a dungeon! It has been done before by skilled players so surely you can do it too

it is also possible to climb mount Everest but that is not something i would find fun. All i am asking is they make it easier for solo player s and still have the same rewards structure. All they have to do is make the dungeon recognize if a solo player has entered the dungeon and make it the same difficulty as if i was in any other zone out side.

That is my definition of fun .yours may differ.

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I would like to see solo/duo explorable modes that offer half the reward. Half the reward for half the challenge seems fair. This would do nothing to harm the 5man players but would provide additional content for players that just don’t enjoy 5 man content. ESO is on the horizon with dungeons for 1-1.5 person challenge, Raid, Group and RvR content, GW2 needs to pick up it’s pace or get left behind.

Most of my Hardcore PVE friends ditched GW2 months ago, waiting in limbo for something that provides a challenge with equal reward (and because they hate token systems).

Mirta.5029

it is also possible to climb mount Everest but that is not something i would find fun. All i am asking is they make it easier for solo player s and still have the same rewards structure. All they have to do is make the dungeon recognize if a solo player has entered the dungeon and make it the same difficulty as if i was in any other zone out side.

so essentially it’s not that you want solo, you want easy. I’m sorry, but group events don’t scale down to be easy. Can you do the temple of Lyssa alone? Yes you can. Is it easier? No. Dungeons are essentially the same as group events – not meant for solo therefore not scaled for solo. And in my opinion that’s how it’s supposed to be.

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

so essentially it’s not that you want solo, you want easy. I’m sorry, but group events don’t scale down to be easy. Can you do the temple of Lyssa alone? Yes you can. Is it easier? No. Dungeons are essentially the same as group events – not meant for solo therefore not scaled for solo. And in my opinion that’s how it’s supposed to be.

now your just twisting my words i want something that is scaled for 1 person not 5 and yes easier than climbing mount Everest. if you find it fun to try to get though a dungeon that was ment for 5 play other games on hardcore level or anything like that that completely up to you.

Mirta.5029

now your just twisting my words i want something that is scaled for 1 person not 5 .

But why would it be? In no game has the dungeons been for 1 man. No group project in reality scales down if you’re alone doing it. Everest does not shrink just because you decided to go alone instead of in a regular group of 10.
It shouldn’t count for hindering your playstyle either, because you can Solo but you choose not to because it’s hard.

NovaBlast Shockwave.5164

now your just twisting my words i want something that is scaled for 1 person not 5 .

But why would it be? In no game has the dungeons been for 1 man. No group project in reality scales down if you’re alone doing it. Everest does not shrink just because you decided to go alone instead of in a regular group of 10.
It shouldn’t count for hindering your playstyle either, because you can Solo but you choose not to because it’s hard.

Just because there isn’t one now doesn’t means there shouldn’t be there is a first time for everything before people said you cant make a mmo without trinity.

This isn’t reality this is a game it supposed to be fun. Hard does not = fun imo If you need further definition of fun and mmo try reading this.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Defining-MMO

If any game was completely solo able with no difference in rewards it would make no difference the People who want to group will the people who dont wont .

What your suggesting is FORCING people to work as a team , make things incredibly difficult if they don’t or miss out on part of the game.

Why should anyone have to make that choice ?