Sorrows Embrace - Broken and ridiculous.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hummy.6748

Hummy.6748

As of today Path 1 is impossible as the starting wave of inquest is infinite (tested for up to 30+ minutes). You can fight a wave but if it’s not killed within 30 seconds you’ve already got another… and another… and another etc.

Path 2 seems to have been buffed to the point of the mark 2 golem being able to one hit everything with it’s static field (easily dodged twice) but following that it’s insanely hardd. Were these changes intentional? Making path 1 undo-able and path 2 supperr harder and not just superrr long?

Posted by: Stormclaw.5031

Stormclaw.5031

Adding my agreement. Path 1 is just ridiculous now. I have a feeling whoever made the changes got POed that people were trying to avoid the patrols and just decided to punish everyone by making it impossible.

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

So, the hold 1 wave with one guy doesn’t work any more right?

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: Aaron Isha.6795

Aaron Isha.6795

well agree guys… maybe i shuld be not that good as pro players… but… path 1 whit infinite patrols is too much… n afther 2 hour of try whit the 2 golems…. ppl in my party left… so… again a lose… it’s not that fun… if u wuld do something hard…way not put a challeng mod…

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

Meh We just did it. it isnt too hard altho it is time consuming. Heres the strat that we did. We let the first wave go by us by standing to the right of the first bridge. This gave us time to kill the 2 adds with the robot. We ran back to the right of the 1st bridge and let the next wave pass. We then killed the robot and the 1st force field. Soon as it was down the thief stealthed the group, let the wave pass and we went on to the next forcefield and so on and so on. If you dont have a thief there are places in the wall a single person can back up in and the waves will pass. Once we got to the boss, we killed it at the doors in back..

Frankly I like the fight better this way. Made us use our brain for a few secs to overcome it.

Posted by: MrRightclick.4769

MrRightclick.4769

Yeah, and they ‘fixed’ path 2 with ground that burns you with Lava damage after the first boss.

Path 1 is just silly. No way anybody is gonna pass through that amount of bombers.

Posted by: Whitewolf.9736

Whitewolf.9736

Can’t say I’ve tried the new paths yet but why of why did you buff the last boss on path two. That path is already long, boring and tedious and making the end boss stronger on a fight that was already hard to begin with, just boggles my mind to be quite frank.

[EU]Desolation
~Charr Guardian~ – ~Norn Necromancer ~

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Haven’t done SE after the patch, is it really that bad?

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

SE is just a joke right now. Dont think im even going to bother with it anymore.

There is hard, and then there is flat out purposely trying to frustrate people.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Path 2 was significantly harder then path 1 and 3 already, and it got buffed more? lol.

Glad I already did it once and never have to go back there.

I was just about to upload a speed run for path 1 as well which took 15 min., guess that footage is useless now

At least my path 3 footage is still accurate.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: SharkBall.5829

SharkBall.5829

So the new path 1:
The kill 2 inquest/kite 1 still works.
The 3 golems are tethered together so it is very hard to split them.
The final boss has an additional gold with her. They are splittable, though both call a few silver adds.
We ended up 4-manning the 3 golems together and the last fight, so it’s not impossible.

But,the days of 20-minute path 1 SE speedclears are over =(

Posted by: Brutis.2347

Brutis.2347

It is a shame really, I hardly ever see people calling out for it maybe the odd group or two but now I get the feeling it is going to be harder to get someone for it.
If they would just fix the inquest that they don’t spawn infinitely, or switch it back so when you beat the second boss they stop spawning it would be ok.

Posted by: Ethanfel.1263

Ethanfel.1263

path 1 is now kittening ridiculous..

Ethanfel.1263

i thin what is broken it’s there still grenadier who are poping, a lot of then when the patch note says they are gone.

The now mob “engeenir” dont see the group in the hinding place, but the grenadier see.

it’s, from my point a of view broken. grenadier need to be gone as the patch note says.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I haven’t been to SE yet, but it seems strange to buff one of the least popular dungeons in the game… Path 1 was already very tedious, and seems to have only gotten worse.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Tyrane.9321

Tyrane.9321

Just attempted path 1 with a group I’ve done regular runs of various explorable dungeons with and managed to only just get past the constant waves of mobs after about 8 wipes. The part with the 3 golems absolutely smashed us apart though as they have silly dps now…..if you wipe on that its waypoint back to the infinite amount of mobs again

Please sort it Anet or I will be forced to give up on my set and look like everyone else in CoF gear….

Ethanfel.1263

path 3 is broken too, just after the first boss you burn for no reason..

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

They can come indefinitely as long as they’re regular mobs really.

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Kinda a shame, I just got my Ele up to 80 and this is the only set of gear I was interested in and I came in to these changes.

Not sure what the intent of endless waves of silver mobs is. Seems like the only way to over come this mechanic is to exploit by kiting one grenadier infinitely and 4 manning the rest of the place.

Really wish they wouldn’t “fix” places if they’re just going to break them.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Posted by: jadjay.8701

jadjay.8701

Yep, totally frustrating, why did you F this up so bad Anet, it was hard enough getting people to run this now its not worth trying, path one was really easy to speed clear so I can see changes but now you get stuck in a endless loop of silvers even if you keep one alive they still keep coming and if you wipe it’s un passable because the mobs spawn camp you. why didnt you just put a set of mobs at each gate, simple. Now its broken.

After that fail we decided to run path 2, we figured they wouldn’t mess with that one
since it’s usually atleast an hour and a half long and the end boss is fairly challenging but we all enjoyed it prepatch it was challenging but fun But Sure enough we spend an hour and a half getting to the last boss and get destroyed by the bubbles, yea you can dodge them twice and maybe get a few blocks but after that it’s over, if you are not loaded with toughness you get oneshot, if you are loaded with toughness it’s a two shot. Wouldnt be so bad if the mark didn’t spam it.

After wasting 3 hours we gave up. I guess the only ones that arnt f’ed now is AC and TA. Good work Anet, well done.

To top it off non of this is in patch notes.

(edited by jadjay.8701)

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

next patch kittens up AC and TA.

Posted by: jadjay.8701

jadjay.8701

It’s funny how they are doing everything they can to prevent you from getting the things you want, DR on karma and drops to prevent farming, breaking dungeons so you can’t get tokens, Magic find mechanics that are bogus. At this point I would take the standard gear grind over this BS.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Endless stream of asura on path 1 make it impossible to get back (as if lack of waypoints in dungeons wasn’t enough), and Tazza’s guardian golems do absurd damage and have ridiculous condition application rates.

Not fun.

You wonder why people do AC and CoF. Borked dungeons like TA and SE are why.

Posted by: thebackfisch.6527

thebackfisch.6527

well path 1 had to be fixed, just standing there 10 min and letting the waves pass was surely not the intended way to play. we gave up path 1 because we couldn’t kill the golem fast enough. we haven’t tried very hard, so i can not say if it’s unfair now or just more challenging. swapped to path 3 then, everything ok there, just got the reduced rewards (20 tokens and 780 karma). dont know rly why, hope this isn’t a regualary bug now…

i remember path 2 quite challenging, so i don’t know why they had to buff the last boss. but why not, the dungeons (at least some of them) are too easy anyway.

Posted by: tommej.8406

tommej.8406

completed path 3 without much trouble today. Path 1 on the other hand was just silly.

Our group consisted of 2 warriors, 2 guardians and a mesmer. Killing the golem wasn’t a problem. Killing the first boss went fine too.

The 3 golems are now closely tethered which makes the fight a lot harder – the spike damage from all 3 is insane. If you don’t have someone clearing conditions almost constantly you will die in 2-3 seconds.

This is where the problems started. After we were trying a few things on the 3 golems and wiping the run back was easily the hardest thing I’ve encountered so far in this game. It’s nigh on impossible to run past endlessly spawning silver mobs, all of which can slow and hit for 1-2k at a time. At the end of this gauntlet you also have the golems which spin and knock you down. Chances are you’ve already used all of your evasive skills during the never ending spawns.

We did eventually after much frustration manage to get through to the golems again and finish them off.

This brought us to the final boss, with his new addition. A gold mob which stealth’s. To me it seemed this was just adding another large health pool to the fight, a quick but poor bandage fix to a fairly trivial fight. We didn’t actually manage to finish off this boss – we wiped and didn’t fancy running the gauntlet all over again.

I wont be running this path again. I seems that this wasn’t actually tested and is now overly difficult, not because you have to keep your wits about you and use all of your professions skills, just the sheer number of mobs that spawn is unmanageable. I assume this was the designers “Fix” for people killing 2 of the mobs and tanking the last one to avoid further spawns. Well it just made people avoid path 1 of this dungeons along with path 2.

If this is a bug some confirmation would be nice although it seems that this is probably intended.

(edited by tommej.8406)

Posted by: tommej.8406

tommej.8406

I forgot to mention there are also areas of the map in path 3 (specifically near the bridge with the mortars) where there seems to be invisible lava on the path. It kills you pretty quickly even with no enemies around.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

This is one fudged up path now. I can see the asura buff, but the ability to run back?

You fixed NOTHING about keeping one nade mob. NADA Anet. You just made it so people can’t run back.

Worse dungeon patch I have ever seen.

Even better the “Dungeon rewards revamp” are taking so long and to come out, they then make runs take longer with the reward system we have now. Dumb ideas or what =/

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

path 2’s end boss has been buffed? lol wtf? This gotta be the dumbest thing ANet did to dungeons for a long time.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: Darsha.9780

Darsha.9780

The patch notes state that Grenadiers are reassigned, so it’s likely that their spawn was never turned off, though it looks like they have the correct amount of health now.

Either way, this path is still not worth doing until it’s fixed, in fact it’s even worse now than before.

Posted by: Batoe.8740

Batoe.8740

I haven’t even done path 2 because no one wanted to do it. Now it will be nearly impossible to get a group for it. So much for dungeon master. =\

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

Did path 1… ridiculous.
You can still kite the first grenadier and I guess four-man the dungeon. Not sure if the person kiting will get token rewards though?

The golems can be split still, but their damage downs us quickly. This is with group condition removals going off constantly too. Doable if you’re able to pull only two. The first time we tried fighting them all at once and wiped… running through the gauntlet took two thieves and a mesmer’s combined stealth and blind skills.

The add on the last boss I’m fine with, it’s the adds that they both summon that makes another layer of silliness to the fight.

I already have all the armor I wanted, was really just running this dungeon for a friend who wants the armor skin. I think it’ll be just path 3 from now on. Shame, especially seeing how difficult it is to get a group for this dungeon.

(edited by Car.3805)

Posted by: Natas.1306

Natas.1306

Good job Anet you guys are a mess right now in the studio there is no way you guys have tested this dungeon before putting that patch live.

Posted by: mythos.1254

mythos.1254

Some real bad decision making going on with this dungeon..

Are these even the same guys who made the Guild Wars 1 dungeons?

You make the fields stack in path 2 endboss? Instant unavoidable death. Nice testing there. Working as intended?

(edited by mythos.1254)

Posted by: Natas.1306

Natas.1306

If the dungeon designer team would be remotely smart for path 2they would have made the lightening radius on the boss bigger or have the aoe cripple you when your inside. Not raising the damage without even testing it. Cause its impossible that dungeon designer team tested it. And if they did test it i wanna see them record a youtube video of them beating it.

Posted by: Sobe.2067

Sobe.2067

I just can’t see how path one is working as intended.

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

I don’t get why they buffed path 2. The lightning fields already 1 shot casters. When I run my mesmer there, even with toughness and vitality gear I get instant downed when I get hit by a field. I can dodge most of them but usually 1 or 2 slip through and just down me like that.

kgptzac.8419

A question about path 1… did they fix the glitch with the turret that allows ppl to get off the catwalk? If the only thing changed about the patrol is unlimited waves then there isn’t much different since after Nokk the patrols become a non-issue.

Posted by: Gurubu.1693

Gurubu.1693

I had a feeling path 1 was changed. We did the kite one bomber while people cleared the platform and made it to the three golems. When all 3 golems pulled and the group ended up wiping we spawned back at the initial wp.

One problem.15 bombers were waiting for the group. possibly more as we tried to bypass them but it wasn’t happening the distance to cover was too long and there was mobs all along the path.

Arenanet’s dungeon dev’s have a degree in BDSM. Hence their dungeons.

kgptzac.8419

One problem.15 bombers were waiting for the group. possibly more as we tried to bypass them but it wasn’t happening the distance to cover was too long and there was mobs all along the path.

Ouch. That doesn’t make a lot of sense. How far away the mob’s stopping point is away from the waypoint? is there no way to proceed without aggroing them? and how many more of them are on the way?

Posted by: Nyorai.1630

Nyorai.1630

Tried to do path 2 today. After a couple of tries the group decided quit because of how severely every missed dodges is punished. It’s pretty long fight and with all the lightning circles and golem’s lightning bolts if you get downed that’s pretty much it. If someone tries to get you back up – bam lightning circle or something and youre both done. Even trying out different tactics is very time consuming because youhave to run through the whole dungeon again.

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

For path 2, it is possible to split them(go into that tunnel doorway rightside of the boss, the big circle opening), but from what I saw you will 99% of the time get the lightning kitten…and yea good luck dodging his attacks.

Posted by: setilight.8713

setilight.8713

Unfortunately I decided to try Path1 yesterday, for the first time. After wiping a few times against an endless stream of mobs I went to a YouTube guide of the dungeon where they used the kite a grenadier trick. Tried to do that, but maybe I didn’t get how it works, because endless mobs kept coming, even when the previous patrols were alive and fighting.
We quit after 40 mins where we only managed to get the 1st golem to 60%.

Posted by: Hummy.6748

Hummy.6748

As far as I know the “kite a grenadier” was an alternative to waiting? But that does not work anymore as the waves are faster and endless.

Posted by: Gurubu.1693

Gurubu.1693

Ouch. That doesn’t make a lot of sense. How far away the mob’s stopping point is away from the waypoint? is there no way to proceed without aggroing them? and how many more of them are on the way?

When we were spawning at the WP there was 4-5 bombers very close, then as you start walking on the platform a group of about 10 bombers, then the long path must have had 20-30 spread over the long stretch (after killing second champion). It seems if you don’t one shot the golems you’re SOL. Once they’re down it should clear the bombers for death run backs.

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

My group failed at path 1 after a couple of attempts last night. Here’s what went down:

1. We did the 1 kite / 4 on boss trick for the first two bosses. No problems.
2. We tried pulling the golems, but all three came and we quickly wiped (everyone was an SE first timer except the group leader).
3. Immediately upon respawning at the WP, there is a group of grenadiers waiting for us. While we are fighting them, 3 more arrive. Behind them is yet another group of 3. Wipe.
4. Respawn and try to run past the horde- only one person makes it and the rest become food for small demons.

We reset the instance and tried again but the person kiting the grenadier crashed and things went to hell by the time they got back in and the path was flooded with grenadiers again.

This has got to be a bug, please let us know if it will be fixed Anet!

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

As far as I know the “kite a grenadier” was an alternative to waiting? But that does not work anymore as the waves are faster and endless.

the kiting works the same as always.

Posted by: stefanplc.5234

stefanplc.5234

So, the hold 1 wave with one guy doesn’t work any more right?

still works, but if you fail you have to reset the dungeon

Matale & Sohpital – Warrior & Thief PvP
www.youtube.com/stefanplc

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Auch, wondering how it’s the " way to do it correctly" as I’m pretty sure isn’t holding one, or killing em all.
I mean ANET surely designed those waves to be able to be countered with something, not an exploit.
Ty anyway @stefanplc

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Am I the only one who actually got interested about this dungeon because of this topic?

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

^ You sadist

(path 3 is fine really)