Stacking has ruined player skill levels

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Fight? Who said anything about fighting? We’re utterly destroying them.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

a 12s howling king kill is terribly slow, even without corner stacking

just shows how little people know.

A few days ago when he made his own topic he obviously knew nothing about AC nor dungeons in general. Now he speaks like a dungeon guru.

12 seconds is terribly slow? The enemy not even getting to attack is terrible slow….do I even nee to address that? that is case in point of what I’m talking about. How can you fight something if it doesn’t have the chance to fight?! I just…how else can I prove it, a run that is so fats the enemy couldn’t even do anything is somehow terribly slow?! Seriously!
And dude, half the posters in that topic didn’t understand what they were even saying, I can -still- see a bunch of hypocrisy posts. I wasn’t the only one being foolish.

It might have been a respectable time pre-patch if you weren’t stacking, but since the patch you do so much more damage (thanks to Ferocity scaling) that it should really take you one or two seconds possibly less. Even with just 2 people (possibly 3) it would melt in less than 12 seconds at the moment.

[HC]

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

Duoing it with 2 eles, not stacking, takes only a few seconds; hooray might. It would only take 12 if one of us died or we failed horribly, or we were trolling each other, which admittedly we do a lot.

NeoVaris.4806

Duoing it with 2 eles, not stacking, takes only a few seconds; hooray might. It would only take 12 if one of us died or we failed horribly, or we were trolling each other, which admittedly we do a lot.

Just emphasising that that the 12 seconds he mentioned is extremely slow :P.

[HC]

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

(and don’t tell me that’s just an AC seen, I’ve been in three different dungeons now)

My genuine advice to you: get off the forums and experience some new dungeons. If you don’t already have one, find and join a large guild and ask players to play through the dungeons you haven’t done yet with you. Repeat this for a couple weeks. Then come back and post here if you still feel the need.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Fun is subjective. I wanted to write a long post, but I decided against it. I’ll echo Sins and suggest that you go do more dungeons, especially Arah, and try out other classes FULLY (ie. lv 80 and have run a dungeon with them) before you come back and argue your point. None of us are really taking you seriously.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Pros to stacking(against a wall):

• Gathers enemies in one location, so all your AoEs hit fully
  • Non-boss enemies can be easily blinded by AoE blinds by Guardians, Thieves, Engineers, Necromancers
  • Easy boon sharing/combo field bursting
  • Certain skills can be used to high effect due to wall/enclosed space (EG FGS rush)
  • Dodges against a wall do not displace your character— you can continue to attack without having to move back into place

Cons to stacking:

• Enemy attacks will hit most if not all of your team
  • Boss animations can be hard to see through all the particle effects

Stacking is not the best tactic for everyone. Players with abnormally high ping, or players who cannot detect boss animations/major skills, will not be effective stacking. If you are one of these players you may wish to explain that to your group, or run with a premade group that avoids stacking.

What don’t you understand?

Posted by: blessing nosferatu.3784

blessing nosferatu.3784

[rT]

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

If you started the group, then just post LGF, XX path X , no stacking, but if join some one else’s group you should play the way they want. Something that really bugs me about dungeons is how some players don’t want to play as a group, they don’t even help other players if they go down. What’s the point of grouping if you don’t want to play as a group?

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I’d also add lower levelled and newer characters to that ‘maybe not such a hot idea for stacking’ list.

I was running AC the other day with a group of mid range characters.
You know, the sort of group where you have a few people still trying to puzzle out what all those weird words on skills mean and what this whole ‘dodging’ thing is all about.

And here comes herr metaguy, totally unable to read the situation.

After lecturing on the finer points of group contributions to some folks that had like, maybe, 7 trait points between them. He launched into fuming at the lowbies in patchwork levelling armor for not being thrilled about the idea of standing perfectly still and saying to the mob ‘thank you sir, may I have another?’.

And I wish I could say that’s the first time I’d seen that, too.
But, I’ve actually come across quite a few people that seem to think it’s a ‘one size fits all’ kind of a deal and genuinely don’t seem to realize there are rational limits to any tactic.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

A few days ago when he made his own topic he obviously knew nothing about AC nor dungeons in general. Now he speaks like a dungeon guru.

12 seconds is terribly slow? The enemy not even getting to attack is terrible slow….do I even nee to address that? that is case in point of what I’m talking about. How can you fight something if it doesn’t have the chance to fight?! I just…how else can I prove it, a run that is so fats the enemy couldn’t even do anything is somehow terribly slow?! Seriously!
And dude, half the posters in that topic didn’t understand what they were even saying, I can -still- see a bunch of hypocrisy posts. I wasn’t the only one being foolish.

You’re arguing with the wrong crowd. All these people care about is farming the dungeons as fast as possible. They would think the content is equally great if everything just fell over and died as soon as you enter the dungeon. Blame ANet and their method of progression/rewards.

NeoVaris.4806

For god sake, I am getting tired of the flame for disagreeing with everyone. none of you have any right to insult me or call me stupid for it. I am not going to defend the current strategies, I know them, some are good, some have flaws. Stacking the enemy, good, skillfull, stacking yourself, stupid. The damage per second boost you get from mobile skills, is not worth the massive defensive loss to your entire party being hit at one time by almost every attack. If you want to claim I’m wrong, you have to actually address -all- my arguments.

and guys…if you want to say "I’m ok taking this gamble’ fine, but doesn’t the flaws in the strategy any less prevalent.

By the way, quite a few mobile skills have evade frames as well (WWA, Fiery Whirl and Burning Retreat for instance)

[HC]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

You’re arguing with the wrong crowd. All these people care about is farming the dungeons as fast as possible. They would think the content is equally great if everything just fell over and died as soon as you enter the dungeon. Blame ANet and their method of progression/rewards.

Tell me why you prefer PVT and 5x longer dungeon runs. Lack of risk what makes you happy?

Posted by: Koe.3549

Koe.3549

Let me preface this by saying I am a returning player. I played for about 3 months, or so, at release and had an 80 engy and played through most/all of the dungeons as I was leveling up. I stopped because, at the time, there was really nothing besides WvW—And I had solo roamed enough(not a person to zerg, one of the reasons I convinced my friends to play. 3 person roam team!)

As a returning player(starting new) that has brought along 2 friends, this thread scares me.

My friends are used to the trinity, but I knew what to expect as I had run them all before. I told them what to expect. That skill and watching/dodging is the biggest part, and we will die and fail—It will not make sense at first, but some of the PvE encounters are very rewarding when you figure out what/when to dodge and beat it.

Then I read the forums. We’re all in our mid-20s, so AC is coming up. I’m scared, though, because what I thought would be a fun experience of leveling up and experiencing the dungeons as a different class, and with friends, sounds like it’s going to be the exact opposite of that.

From the sounds of this thread(and others), what I can expect is to not learn any mechanics of any fights while leveling up, and to be pigeonholed into certain group setups/gear setups in order to be even half-competent.

Is this really the state of (pug) PvE/Dungeons in this game? I understand min/maxing, and efficiency, but I have never seen it permeate so much into the general populace, and be so polarized in actual groups. I/We never had that problem in Rift, TERA, WAR, Aion, etc. While there were certain setups and speedrunners, they were in no way mandatory or the “norm.” — That seems the opposite in GW2. There is so much homogeny(in builds, gearing, and tactics[stack/DPS-burn to ignore mechanics], from what I hear) it’s scaring me, and I feel my friends will not stick with it--Not even to 80. And, from what I can see, there is a lot of vitriol towards people who don’t follow this strict “meta.”

Could we reasonably beat dungeons with 3 people? I remember leveling up at release—Everything was a giant clusterkitten. However, in the groups I joined we eventually downed stuff. I couldn’t see doing what I did at release with 3 people.

tl;dr
Is this thread really what I should expect as a new/returning player? Are my options either to spend hours in a dungeon, or not learn anything mechanic-wise?

or

is this me reading into the forums too much?

Yes you could beat ac with 3 people but you might have a hard time on burrow events if you dont have power mainstat gear.

What about other dungeons beyond AC?

Most pugs aren’t meta/dps/zerker at all. Don’t join groups that specify “experienced zerker speed clear” and you’ll be fine running whatever you want. The community that cares about playing as well as possible is much smaller than the broad community, and the most “elitist” folks avoid pugs anyway.

If I don’t join parties with any tags like that, will it be reasonable to expect to actually do the fights with intended mechanics? And it’s not exactly like I want to run whatever I want—I understand there is(and should be) some level of optimization and synergy in order to overcome challenges. I understand you also can’t just use Condition characters due to debuff caps/burnings non-stacking. Would it be reasonable to run a condi/“support” build while others use the “meta” of power gear?

What exactly are you scared about? Being “pigeonholed” into a select way of doing things isn’t exactly what this thread was about.

This thread was, generally, about how people don’t learn/can’t do actual mechanics of fights, instead relying on a stack/burn method(that they were told, and don’t understand why). As in some posts before, “the boss is dead before it even gets an attack off!”

And, as I said, I understand efficiency. If my friends and I stick with it, I 100% guarantee we will be doing it—But, we also want to know the fights. We want to know the mechanics, and know that we are “good” enough to do them. That’s what has been fun, to me, about PvE before—And same with my friends. We haven’t raided since HK in Rift(mostly been game-hopping trying to find our place), but HK was one of the best experiences we’ve ever had. I know that isn’t the magnitude of PvE in GW2, but I also know that personal skill plays a huge factor. That’s what I want to test and see, and that’s what I thought the thread was about—People not having the skill to actually do fights “as they were intended.” Not min/max’d, but just in general play.

BASICALLY what I want out of my post: Can we reasonably pug groups and be able to actually “experience” the fights? What will be the LFG time? We will look into the guild as well.

(edited by Koe.3549)

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Yes you could beat ac with 3 people but you might have a hard time on burrow events if you dont have power mainstat gear.

And yes the pug community is like this simply because its the same dungeons its always been since release.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Most pugs aren’t meta/dps/zerker at all. Don’t join groups that specify “experienced zerker speed clear” and you’ll be fine running whatever you want. The community that cares about playing as well as possible is much smaller than the broad community, and the most “elitist” folks avoid pugs anyway.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

snip

What exactly are you scared about? Being “pigeonholed” into a select way of doing things isn’t exactly what this thread was about. The regulars on here have this discussion after thousands of runs, and strategies have been perfected by said experience. The general community, outside of these forums, agrees with the experience and tactics demonstrated by the elite dungeon runners and attempt to mimic them to victory. Sometimes, these tactics, due to a lack of skill by the players, get people killed.

There is absolutely nothing to be scared about however. You are more than welcome to form your own groups and experience dungeons how YOU want to. No one in this game is forcing you to do what they do, and if they do, you shouldn’t be running with them.

As previously stated however, these tactics are very sound and have been tested ever since the game launched, and since ANet hasn’t changed the AI in dungeons, they’re still sound today. They work, which is why they’re so common.

If you and your friends want to learn, I definitely recommend signing up for the Dungeon Mentors guild. It’s stickied on the front page of the forums. There, you will learn from some of the best dungeon runners the game has to offer. They’ll teach you how to make these dungeons sit and do tricks at your command. And the mentors don’t bite.
Hard.
At first.

All in all though, keep your mind open and learn. Then come back and discuss what you’ve learned, and if you’ve got a different opinion or strategy and can back it up with demonstrable proof, people will gladly help you.

Vox Hollow.2736

/cringe
Ehhhh, kinda’?

This game is kind of the odd man out as far as dungeon experiences in the genre go. Because they’re trying to be a place for coordinated team play by all PR indications, but they’re also oddly laissez-faire about dungeons as hyper accessible farming spots. Which you can imagine, meshes together about as well as peanut butter and cyanide.

But, things aren’t entirely bleak.
For example, once herr metaguy was shown the door in my example above, another level 80 and I had a blast with the lowbies for the rest of the run. You do kind of have to make an effort to find like-minded people, but they’re out there more than the forum would imply. Also, the living world has been managing much better fight mechanics than anything you can find in a dungeon, so it might be worth sticking around to see if Season 2 will end up delivering some noteworthy experiences.

Generally speaking, though.
I don’t recommend this game to other people for it’s dungeons, because I don’t actually think they’re in a good place.

Posted by: SemmlerTh.2685

SemmlerTh.2685

I think dungeons have been left untouched since they were made a lot easier a few patches after launch.

I dont like this stacking either. It feels like using exploits. I also get angry, when people rush through TA. leaving every mob untouched.
These are the same kind of players, who allways write “Skuop video”, “*skip” “skip” “Skip omg” “omgggg skippppppppp”.

All they want is their loot, and thats it. Thats the danger you get with casual gaming.

Posted by: blessing nosferatu.3784

blessing nosferatu.3784

I think dungeons have been left untouched since they were made a lot easier a few patches after launch.

I dont like this stacking either. It feels like using exploits. I also get angry, when people rush through TA. leaving every mob untouched.
These are the same kind of players, who allways write “Skuop video”, “*skip” “skip” “Skip omg” “omgggg skippppppppp”.

All they want is their loot, and thats it. Thats the danger you get with casual gaming.

Open LFG and write : lfg no stacking , no skipping.

is that too hard?

[rT]

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I get the problem from a newbie standpoint or for someone like Koe.

More often than not a group with no description in the lfg tool other than the path will most likey attempt a quick run (notice: quick, not an actual speedrun, there is a difference). That will mean some skipping/stacking because those speed things up and in some dungeons like AC for example where you will meet most new players in theory, the skips aren’t too difficult and stacking usually works rather well.
Especially if you have one or more players in the group who know the ins and outs and can carry the rest.
And a newbie or someone who is out of the loop most likely won’t think about tagging his own lfg or expect this pattern in a nondescript group. If they are smart they will stay away from the xperienced tags, but the nondescript?

Which makes it all the more important for the more experienced to label their groups properly. But I admit I am guilty of that “nondescript group because default appears to be quick run” failure myself especially when it comes to the easier farm paths.
I might add that I have no problem with some low level characters joining my nondescript groups. And I also have no problem if someone says they want to watch the cutscenes. After all, I didn’t label my group accordingly.
As I said I assume that “quick run” is the default due to empirical value, but I like to think that I am aware that I offer a free for all with a nondescript lfg tag.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Zeitlos.1463

Zeitlos.1463

If it weren’t for ANet’s complete lacking of caring about stacking on bosses, I would almost call most of this stacking an exploit. Boss mechanics are in the game for a reason, and I’m disappointed that nothing has been done to enforce that. Dungeons are getting pathetically easy and are a nothing but a 2-second means to an end. It’s bred an exceptionally annoying brand of elitist players who think that stacking that boss in full zerker gear is the only way to play the game, and if you disagree you’re an idiot and don’t belong in their dungeon. My problems are, as follows:

1. It makes it go faster, and being ‘ranged’ is just as easy. First off, no. If ranged was just as easy as stacking, everyone would be ranged instead of stacking. Second, does it make sense to you people that you should all stand on top of a boss and that means you don’t have to do anything else all fight except hit your same three buttons over and over? I don’t care if it makes your life easier. Exploiting a bug to dupe legendaries would make this game easier too. Would you do it?

2. “If you don’t want stacking, write no stacking” is the weakest and most common response I have seen on this board. Most people don’t post this tag in their LFG title. Spoiler alert, the LFG text box is only so big and it’s a freaking waste of time to try and make an acronym for every little tag out there. BZ, EXP, SPD, ST is just getting ridiculous.

3. It is indeed breeding a less intelligent flavor of player. The weeaboos of the world are running around with Dungeon titles to compliment their fuzzy animal hats, then stacking in every poison / fire red circle known to man because WHATS A MECHANIC? Y DID THAT FIRE KILL ME? Yes, you might think it’s making your dungeons faster, but those are the same idiots making you fail every non-TTS teq in the fecking game.

tl;dr – Don’t actually care about any of the above, because ANet certainly doesn’t. Continue doing your daily dungeons by stacking together because then you can get done doing them faster… so you can do more. Don’t go play any other MMO, because people will laugh at you the minute you QQ that you can’t kill a boss in less than 20 seconds. Bosses are challenging in the big scary world out there.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Tell me why you prefer PVT and 5x longer dungeon runs. Lack of risk what makes you happy?

Where in my post does it say I prefer PVT? We’re talking about stacking and exploiting and lame boss mechanics which get completely negated and how that’s not fun.

Also, PVT isn’t 5x longer runs. Also, it seems to me like the lack of risk is you exploiting and stacking so that you never have to get hit by boss special moves.

(edited by Yaki.9563)

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

And guess what pugs do against mossman, archdiviner and the hotw troll? Range. Because it’s easier. Does it make sense to you that you can fire away with your bow and the boss doesn’t get their alternate weapon set out? They just run after you with melee weapons? It goes both ways – but the fact of the matter is, this is a video game, and personally I think stacking close together for boons is nice because it promotes team play. I’m sure you must think the legions and phalanxes of old were absolutely insane for stacking tightly together, but they did it. Your laziness in not wanting to make a no stacking group isn’t a good enough reason for anet changing it either, clearly you don’t want to not stack very badly if you can’t even be bothered to write it in your lfg description. Sure, you’ll get people who can’t read, but so do berserker lfgs. And what do you do if that happens? You kick them of course.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

…… Bingo?

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

I’m pretty sure we’ve got a few BINGOs from this thread.
Someone care to read through the whole thread again and check the Bingo boxes?

BINGO!

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Goon for Hire.7150

Goon for Hire.7150

If it weren’t for ANet’s complete lacking of caring about stacking on bosses, I would almost call most of this stacking an exploit. Boss mechanics are in the game for a reason, and I’m disappointed that nothing has been done to enforce that. Dungeons are getting pathetically easy and are a nothing but a 2-second means to an end. It’s bred an exceptionally annoying brand of elitist players who think that stacking that boss in full zerker gear is the only way to play the game, and if you disagree you’re an idiot and don’t belong in their dungeon. My problems are, as follows:

1. It makes it go faster, and being ‘ranged’ is just as easy. First off, no. If ranged was just as easy as stacking, everyone would be ranged instead of stacking. Second, does it make sense to you people that you should all stand on top of a boss and that means you don’t have to do anything else all fight except hit your same three buttons over and over? I don’t care if it makes your life easier. Exploiting a bug to dupe legendaries would make this game easier too. Would you do it?

2. “If you don’t want stacking, write no stacking” is the weakest and most common response I have seen on this board. Most people don’t post this tag in their LFG title. Spoiler alert, the LFG text box is only so big and it’s a freaking waste of time to try and make an acronym for every little tag out there. BZ, EXP, SPD, ST is just getting ridiculous.

3. It is indeed breeding a less intelligent flavor of player. The weeaboos of the world are running around with Dungeon titles to compliment their fuzzy animal hats, then stacking in every poison / fire red circle known to man because WHATS A MECHANIC? Y DID THAT FIRE KILL ME? Yes, you might think it’s making your dungeons faster, but those are the same idiots making you fail every non-TTS teq in the fecking game.

tl;dr – Don’t actually care about any of the above, because ANet certainly doesn’t. Continue doing your daily dungeons by stacking together because then you can get done doing them faster… so you can do more. Don’t go play any other MMO, because people will laugh at you the minute you QQ that you can’t kill a boss in less than 20 seconds. Bosses are challenging in the big scary world out there.

^

This man gets it.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

So we should intentionally use a worse way to play this game because of other MMOs?

Goon for Hire.7150

So we should intentionally avoid stacking because of other MMOs?

Fixed that for you. But let’s not go crazy here, we all know it’s not going to happen.

I’d be happy if players stopped acting all smug about it while pretending that it’s “working as intended”. That’s just embarrassing.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

So we should intentionally avoid stacking because of other MMOs?

Fixed that for you. But let’s not go crazy here, we all know it’s not going to happen.

I’d be happy if players stopped acting all smug about it while pretending that it’s “working as intended”. That’s just embarrassing.

But we’re acting like it’s working as intended because it is!
Really, if you’re going to insist on using that stupid argument, at least back it up with some proof. Find a developer post saying that it’s an unintended mechanic or something, because arguments don’t become facts just because you want them to be.

Goon for Hire.7150

Wow, that insult came out of nowhere. Please, allow me to quote a very famous webcomic artist:

“Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you’re on the wrong side of the argument.”

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Wow, that insult came out of nowhere. Please, allow me to quote a very famous webcomic artist:

“Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you’re on the wrong side of the argument.”

Please, just leave.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2 <- You will find many like-minded people there. Go post your opinions there and they will be/ echoed hundreds of times. I can assure you that.

This is not only to Goon, but all the other intelligent antistackers out there aswell.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

Goon for Hire.7150

Please, just leave.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2 <- You will find many like-minded people there. Go post your opinions there and they will kittenoed*hundreds of times. I can assure you that.

No. I’ll leave after I’ve said my piece. Which will be just about now.

You want proof about stacking not being intended? There’s no need to get a developer for this, because it’s in the game already. Living story has implemented plenty of mechanics specifically to get people out of this mindset. And it’s only continuing to grow stronger, what with new fractals, open world bosses and the PvE content being released. Of course, there’ still the dungeons. But they’re a lost cause, and the A-Net developers seem to be smart enough to realize this, and rather focus their funds and time on improved content.

In conclusion, I’d say that’s all the evidence needed.

Well, leaving now. I’ve made my point, and anything else would just result in going around in circles.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Yeah, because watchknights didn’t encourage you to stack ontop of each other to share the boons and do more damage. That’s why everyone was spamming STACK ON COMM PLZ in chat.
Bleh. Why do I even bother writing this. Get out of my sight, you give me a headache.

maha.7902

Stacking is intended because skills offering boons to the party have been given a short radius so players arent encouraged to just run around aimlessly. And living story hasn’t implemented anti stacking mechanics at all, you stack in molten facility, you stack in aetherblade retreat, you stack on champs in scarlet zerg events, you stack tequatl in burst phases, you stack the wurms in burst phases, you had people just ranged stacking the assault knights with staff eles – nothing they have done has prevented it or discouraged it.

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

And guess what pugs do against mossman, archdiviner and the hotw troll? Range. Because it’s easier. Does it make sense to you that you can fire away with your bow and the boss doesn’t get their alternate weapon set out? They just run after you with melee weapons? It goes both ways – but the fact of the matter is, this is a video game, and personally I think stacking close together for boons is nice because it promotes team play. I’m sure you must think the legions and phalanxes of old were absolutely insane for stacking tightly together, but they did it. Your laziness in not wanting to make a no stacking group isn’t a good enough reason for anet changing it either, clearly you don’t want to not stack very badly if you can’t even be bothered to write it in your lfg description. Sure, you’ll get people who can’t read, but so do berserker lfgs. And what do you do if that happens? You kick them of course.

Does the crow bar [tool] utility used for Engi count as melee?. Because out of all the professions, they are 100% ranged. With no weapon swap.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

“None of them seem to have the patience or interest to learn content they already think they are above.”

Same applies for the"elite" dungeon runners.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

maha.7902

Engis are basically exclusively ranged, yeah, but their dps is competitive with other classes so it’s fine. And for the record, us elites have learned the content inside and out and sometimes even just solo it to keep things challenging for ourselves, unless you’re referring to ‘experienced’ pug zerkers in which case yeah, they don’t seem to care that much for learning mechanics.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

the lack of risk is you exploiting and stacking so that you never have to get hit by boss special moves.

toppest kek

Nova [rT]

maxinion.8396

the lack of risk is you exploiting and stacking so that you never have to get hit by boss special moves.

toppest kek

another AC hero i see

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

You want proof about stacking not being intended? There’s no need to get a developer for this, because it’s in the game already. Living story has implemented plenty of mechanics specifically to get people out of this mindset.

Waitwhat? Most new content basically cries to be facerolly zerged.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

Mike is a mesmer in real life too. Lots of clones here.

maxinion.8396

You want proof about stacking not being intended? There’s no need to get a developer for this, because it’s in the game already. Living story has implemented plenty of mechanics specifically to get people out of this mindset.

Waitwhat? Most new content basically cries to be facerolly zerged.

The Marionette even required stacking in small groups to be effective.

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Mike is a mesmer in real life too. Lots of clones here.

Looks like you just forced him to use his F1 skill.

Posted by: petyr baelish.9675

petyr baelish.9675

I get the feeling that most people that complain about stacking don’t realise that in other games people have skills that manage mob aggro in order to group them up. Line off sight is the only thing we have in this game to achieve that. Also hiding behind a wall so you won’t get hit by ranged attacks and forcing the attacker to get into your range if it wants to keep on attacking you sounds perfectly logical to me.

Skipping is not something exclusive to GW2, it’s only natural people skip trash if they don’t get a decent reward for killing them. Killing everything may be fun the first few times you run a dungeon but after the 100th time it gets a bit dull. Here’s an example for ffxiv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-phgHzTbwuo The tank aggros all the mobs, lures them away from his party and dies, after the mobs have reset his teammates revive him and they continue on.

I highly encourage everybody that complains about stacking, skipping and the bosses dying too fast to faceroll strats to run fotm lvl 50 and arah, get some perspective and then come back to discuss the game.

I do agree with the original statement from the op. A lot of PUGs only do the easy dungeon content where everything dies fast even against non optimised groups, so there is no need for people to learn the encounter mechanics and they don’t care about learning them either. The moment something that they’re not familiar with happens, like a boss geting pushed out of the specific corner they stack at, they fail miserably.

edit: grammar

(edited by petyr baelish.9675)

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I used to share your standpoint fully, but I’ve discovered that if you’re pretty brutally determined that it’s a no-stack/skip dungeon run and you launched the part, people will follow. Might have to dish out a kick or so though.

The dungeons becomes so much more fun when played as intended, if you’re fine with wiping once or twice (which is ludicrous to whine about).

An important note though, I haven’t tried this in Arah, SE or CoF.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Vox Hollow.2736

If you didn’t know what the holy trinity was, you probably don’t have enough history in the genre to start making educated guesses as to why the combat in this game feels so lackluster.

You know, a newbie doesn’t know that stacking is weird, they would just know combat isn’t all that great.

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

If you didn’t know what the holy trinity was, you probably don’t have enough history in the genre to start making educated guesses as to why the combat in this game feels so lackluster. You’re much more likely to say ‘blech, is this an RPG? no wonder I’ve never played these before!’ than getting down to the nitty gritties and technicalities.

Oh, don’t be so harsh on him =)
It doesn’t seem to take a rocket scientist to figure out what’s wrong and whatnot.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I worry for the future. This isnt just about how people like to quickly farm gold, this damaged the communities ability to deal with future content, or the future content will be a similar farmfest thanks to cornor-cheese.

Same trick, exact same tactics, different environmental setting.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

I worry for the future. This isnt just about how people like to quickly farm gold, this damaged the communities ability to deal with future content, or the future content will be a similar farmfest thanks to cornor-cheese.

Same trick, exact same tactics, different environmental setting.

I join you on that, hero.

I mean, look at all the open-world zerg fests, the megaserver kitten that puts you together with everyone and their mothers to farm the same mobs for hours…Stack and auto-attack lol. No ned to dodge or anything, tere are enough meat shields tank wannabes for you to AFK :/

Good part though, the dungeon community remains strong and we can still solo paths or strive to get better times with a clever use of what is at our disposal…

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch