Stacking sigils in dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Farting around on the Dev Tracker and saw this:

Fix the stacking sigils.

If you don`t have equipped the weapon with that sigil (on main or alternate slot) you MUST lose the stack.

Is like “a one more virtual slot for a sigil” if you can just charge it and change the weapon to your backpack and continue with that stacks AND another new effect from the new set of weapons equipped (in main or alternate slot).

That must be stopped because is a lot more damage for free from a sigil you dont have.

We are aware of this, but it is a non-trivial fix. We are hoping to make changes to this by the end of the year.

If what Devon says is true, it sounds like unequipping a stacking sigil weapon will remove your stacks in some way. How might this affect the builds that feature stacking and swapping weapons heavily? Would you see yourself just keeping the bloodlust/perception weapons on full-time instead of swapping to a Force/Night/Slaying weapon after building up? Or would it be easier and less hassle to just stick with the flat-boost weapons and absorb the loss of the stacks in other ways?

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

I’d just keep using force/slaying/night/accuracy like usual. It’d be a pretty annoying change, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

First I would make a very rude post, calling all the people that approved such a change inept. Than I would switch to my sigil of Force.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I guess the question would be: Are 25 stacks of Perception or Bloodlust > +5% damage, and what are the conditionals? Time for people to get good and not lose their stacks

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Broadicea.8294

I guess the question would be: Are 25 stacks of Perception or Bloodlust > +5% damage, and what are the conditionals? Time for people to get good and not lose their stacks

Personally I’d take the guaranteed flat stats over the easy-come-easy-go stacks. I can’t imagine Bloodlust or Perception winning out over the two handed setups of Night+Slaying, but I don’t tinker with the formulas much so maybe Nike or someone can weigh in on it.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I thought what that post was saying is that you can get to 25 stacks, store stacking sigil weapon in your backpack and still retain benefit of the stacks. Letting you equip a different sigil weapon for even more benefit.

Broadicea.8294

I thought what that post was saying is that you can get to 25 stacks, store stacking sigil weapon in your backpack and still retain benefit of the stacks. Letting you equip a different sigil weapon for even more benefit.

Yes, and they’re upset about it (only god knows why), and Devon seems to be implying that a “fix” is incoming this year.

Later in the thread someone mentions that early on the tooltip for the sigils said that you would lose the stacks if you unequipped the weapon. Perhaps they meant for that to be the case all along but technical limitations put it low on the priority list.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I don’t even change weapons once I’m at full stacks. You’re usually like 3/4 through the dungeon once you get full stacks anyway (Except for like… Arah where you can go kill spideys, oh they’re at the start of AC too)
I mean… I even have the Sigil of Force back-up Axe but I’m just lazy, and it’s not as purty as my Beacon of Light (inb4 flyswatter/spatula jokes)

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

With 3.5k power, Bloodlust stacks give 7.1% more damage.

Broadicea.8294

With 3.5k power, Bloodlust stacks give 7.1% more damage.

So in that case it seems like it will be worth holding onto a bloodlust weapon in Arah but not in any night dungeon (night/slaying would win out). Although maybe for CoE it would work out better than Undead Slaying since there’s such a variety of creature types.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

It’s pretty easy to get 25 stacks in CoE because of the first wave of trash, then the trash before the laser, and then there’s the risen trash in p2/p3 and the destroyer trash in p3.

At the same time, I’m not sure if it’s worth compromising your DPS through Alpha 1 and legendary Golem just so you can make your DPS better for Bjarl and final Alpha. I only use it on my mesmer because night/slaying doesn’t affect phantasm DPS.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Stacking will still be really good if they stay active when swapping. Sigil of Night/Force gets reduced to 5%/2.5% with 50%/50% weapon swaps.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

If you lose stacking sigils after unequipping the weapon or swapping, I can’t imagine bothering with them except for a Mesmer to get to 100% chance to crit for Lupicus.

I don’t see any reason at all to change the way these work. They are a reward for good play, good planning and good gearing. Are these the type of things anet wants to discourage?

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Broadicea.8294

I think the intention is to allow the stacks to stay if you simply swap weapons, but remove them (or make them decay, possibly) if you actually unequip the weapon and store it in your backpack.

Why this is even being contemplated as something that’s “broken” and needs to be “fixed” is beyond me.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

It’s pretty easy to get 25 stacks in CoE because of the first wave of trash, then the trash before the laser, and then there’s the risen trash in p2/p3 and the destroyer trash in p3.

At the same time, I’m not sure if it’s worth compromising your DPS through Alpha 1 and legendary Golem just so you can make your DPS better for Bjarl and final Alpha. I only use it on my mesmer because night/slaying doesn’t affect phantasm DPS.

Take Force/Accuracy at the start then change to the stacking Sigil once you reach the mobs on the stairs before Alpha v2, and then change back? But really, unless you’re setting a record run it probably isn’t worth the fuss over the whole .5 seconds it’ll save.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

If you lose stacking sigils after unequipping the weapon or swapping, I can’t imagine bothering with them except for a Mesmer to get to 100% chance to crit for Lupicus.

I don’t see any reason at all to change the way these work. They are a reward for good play, good planning and good gearing. Are these the type of things anet wants to discourage?

Yep.