Standing on the Pole in Mossman

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Well, time to wait a few days until new slack spot is found.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Well, the change happened – but there seems to have been no reduction in the Mossman hit points.

The pole meant that 5 players could stand in place and do their highest dps on him constantly….and even doing that it took a stupidly long time.

Now they will be doing less damage and having to move about, which means it will take twice as long and be twice as frustrating. Is that a success?

Rednik.3809

Underwater still works btw :^)

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Underwater still works btw :^)

Care to post a video or screenshot? Feel free to PM them to me too.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Well, the change happened – but there seems to have been no reduction in the Mossman hit points.

The pole meant that 5 players could stand in place and do their highest dps on him constantly….and even doing that it took a stupidly long time.

Now they will be doing less damage and having to move about, which means it will take twice as long and be twice as frustrating. Is that a success?

Yes.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Pff i bet people is gonna find another spot in a week.
Dusk. Idk if has been suggested before. What about removing the fractal reward of all tiers once you have done it in one given level? Meaning if you do swamp 56, no reward for any other swamp lvl

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Rednik.3809

Here. It’s kinda old, but still was made after “fix” of UW. It’s kinda too long btw, so I don’t think it gonna be popular, because killing is way too slow with his inflated HP pool. Few new ground spots are already emerging.
Also, I guess Anet can try to do something useful and remove root of problem instead of fighting windmills.
Just nerf 67 and 77 Mossman HP to old f50 level and bam, suddenly people will be fighting him as intended instead searching for new spots to avoid “fun” fight.
Oh, and leave personal non-nerfed version for Lendruil, seems like he enjoys fighting HP sponges.

Attachments:

25 charracters

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Eh, they changed it but honestly I can see it only driving away people from fractals because nobody likes the fractal instabilities you get at high levels.

I mean, seriously whose bright idea was it to punish people for dodging when that is GOOD play? I’d much rather have the broken but easy system we had before than the silly instabilities.

Rising Dusk.2408

Dusk. Idk if has been suggested before. What about removing the fractal reward of all tiers once you have done it in one given level? Meaning if you do swamp 56, no reward for any other swamp lvl

Possible. I think their goal is to currently address all known/popular exploits related to Swamp and then see how people get their dailies. I also think they may have something bigger in the wings that will shake this up a lot once the rest of Ad Infinitum is added.

Here. It’s kinda old, but still was made after “fix” of UW. It’s kinda too long btw, so I don’t think it gonna be popular, because killing is way too slow with his inflated HP pool. Few new ground spots are already emerging.

Thanks, I’ll get that forwarded along. Also, people will exploit Mossman even if he is easier to kill overall, so I don’t think that’s the best solution. I would like them to figure out some way to better incentivize the other levels, though.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Rednik.3809

Also, people will exploit Mossman even if he is easier to kill overall, so I don’t think that’s the best solution.

Wrong. Back in f50 farming days underwater killing was a pretty rare encounter, because his HP was manageable even for a pug party. Pole became a thing ONLY because of his stupidly high HP.

25 charracters

Rising Dusk.2408

Wrong. Back in f50 farming days underwater killing was a pretty rare encounter, because his HP was manageable even for a pug party. Pole became a thing ONLY because of his stupidly high HP.

You and I have had vastly different experiences, then.

Posted by: Kattenpootjes.4291

Kattenpootjes.4291

Yup, noticed the nerf, stopped doing daily champ, already got the wings so why bother

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So yea, 1 update and no fractals above lvl 50 in the LFG tool,

They patched this “safe” spot but failed to fix the problem with high level fractals, there is a reason why people did what they did, because the other levels are boring, long drawn out battles for no rewards, this is why they ran the Mossman over and over and for dailies,

This is the core problem with Anet they never look at the bigger picture, in 1 update you pretty much killed off all LFG 50+ there are currently none for 51-75 or 76-100 good game.

So much for wanting to push forward with fractals and raids, both are failing now.

Mossman at lvl 83 will kill you in 2 hits, the instabilities punish you for having to play the game a certain way to avoid death, totally stupid, so like most fractals will be dead now, not because I cant run them, because I cant get a team to run them now.

They need to massively rethink them instabilities now, before fractals goes the way of WvW and dies off with lack of interest.

I really enjoy fractals, but I cant enjoy content without a party.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Rising Dusk.2408

56 is still totally reasonable to do, and I think 80 and 90 are also very easy and fast. The thing is that a lot of bad players with bad builds were doing the 67/77 split without enough AR because you could just auto attack AFK Mossman. People who want the loot will get geared up for it and figure it out, and if they don’t well I’m glad they’re not getting free loot from fractals for exploiting.

Senario.2038

So yea, 1 update and no fractals above lvl 50 in the LFG tool,

They patched this “safe” spot but failed to fix the problem with high level fractals, there is a reason why people did what they did, because the other levels are boring, long drawn out battles for no rewards, this is why they ran the Mossman over and over and for dailies,

This is the core problem with Anet they never look at the bigger picture, in 1 update you pretty much killed off all LFG 50+ there are currently none for 51-75 or 76-100 good game.

So much for wanting to push forward with fractals and raids, both are failing now.

Mossman at lvl 83 will kill you in 2 hits, the instabilities punish you for having to play the game a certain way to avoid death, totally stupid, so like most fractals will be dead now, not because I cant run them, because I cant get a team to run them now.

They need to massively rethink them instabilities now, before fractals goes the way of WvW and dies off with lack of interest.

I really enjoy fractals, but I cant enjoy content without a party.

I have to agree with this. The main problems were the health and instabilities not the safe spot. I’m actually really worried I won’t even get a party together for 50+ today in addition to already having a pretty low average drop rate for any ascended chests from fractals.

People did this mainly because the instabilities are absolutely horrendous to deal with. My biggest issues are if you crit the enemy gets boons (permanent all boons with retal is greaaaat) and if you dodge you lose all your boons which in all honesty just completely sucks for players who actually play correctly and avoid getting hit for over a fourth or half their health. I don’t even play Thief but…I honestly feel sorry for them in fractals because their main mechanic is dodge. So much so that they have three instead of two with which to lose boons on.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Just did a 50+ run yesterday, we just played it normally – without swamp. You still have a high chance to get ascended boxes.

But I agree they should reduce the Mossman HP and his damage. It’s boring and annoying.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

But I agree they should reduce the Mossman HP and his damage. It’s boring and annoying.

Reduce mossman’s dmg? If anything they have to increase dmg to all encounters. I do agree that an alround HP decrease would be nice too tho.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Someday anet might actually fix their content properly.

http://i.imgur.com/Ah7kMZK.jpg

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Let’s hope they bring out new content first instead of putting resources into fixing this again and again and again.

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Well, looks like the “fix” worked all of less than 24 hours before a new spot was found. Mossy still a sponge worth of HP? Still have punishing instabilities? Yep, not surprised at all.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

This is just pathetic. Not the people doing it, but the fact that we don’t need ANOTHER kittening bandaid solution.

Give Mossman new mechanics that are fun to play against. Mechanics that also punish players for stacking on the porch, the rock or whatever else is in the room. Replace the current instabilities with something fun! Make the water contaminated after getting to Mossman so you can’t just 111 it safely in the water.

Show us that you kittening care kitten .

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You know if they revamp mossman it’ll just be ignored like aether path. I mean I kinda wish they did it but let’s face it people will just move to molten duo and do that instead of mossman if it becomes too challenging.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

savacli.8172

You know if they revamp mossman it’ll just be ignored like aether path. I mean I kinda wish they did it but let’s face it people will just move to molten duo and do that instead of mossman if it becomes too challenging.

I would completely support that idea if Anet did something to incentive doing the more difficult/harder fractals. Personally, I enjoy the Aether Path with its puzzles and decent encounters, but I don’t see myself going through all that if I’m just getting some measly encryption boxes. If I wanted those I can just farm the faster ones.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Explain to me why boss can’t get some kitten coward meta players buff when people stack and use some super rage aoe attack that would one hit all stackers?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Lol that chat made me giggle

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

Poor mossman, if only his attacks had a bit more verticality he’d be able to cut the bad apples from the tree with his axes.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Swamp fractal revamp inc.

Attachments:

savacli.8172

Swamp fractal revamp inc.

Oh look! I can stand on top of the 507th blade of grass to avoid damage!!

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

You can just have 1-2 engineers put down healing turrets to absorb some of his damage and provide heals every 15secs or less, I pugged a 56,67,77 after the patch with the group filling in ~1min and no problems with either boss(minus some dude who got one-shot and we 4manned 77).

If you guys are really having trouble you can always bring a druid

savacli.8172

You can just have 1-2 engineers put down healing turrets to absorb some of his damage and provide heals every 15secs or less, I pugged a 56,67,77 after the patch with the group filling in ~1min and no problems with either boss(minus some dude who got one-shot and we 4manned 77).

If you guys are really having trouble you can always bring a druid

Yeah, Druid made the daily a walk in the park. Water Spirit + Stone Spirit kept everyone up, and the regen/Heal-over-time provided enough AF to not have to camp Staff. The fight is pretty easy regardless of which strategy you take, it’s just frustrating being punished for dodging or ended up all the way in Narnia from a random fear.

Posted by: Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Fun fact that there’s another lazy cheese spot as well that’s also a bit easier to access and stay on compared to that one… oh Anet, you so silly with your fixing attempts. I had a huge laugh when doing the 67-77 dailies today and got to witness that spot and the other one, wonder where people will head off to next once the trees are cut down. xD

Posted by: shejesa.3712

shejesa.3712

Why is this a thing? Patch this crap pls.. It’s just annoying and totally unecessary. More peopel die trying to jump up on the pole than by simply fighting him normally. Honestly, it really is an easy fight.

You must be new here…
Mossman was stacked on rock, then tree, then this funny net thingie close to his hut, then water, we moved to the rock, then we were stacking him underwater, but outside skelk’s aggro… then we had pole dancing and again, tree. And did I mention stacking on another pole somewhere in between?

I think we should start taking gambits, when anet will just give up. Or make this fight like AC1 tutorial, big while flat place. No corners, no walls… That would be ok. Unless someone would find invisible wall XD

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Why is this a thing? Patch this crap pls.. It’s just annoying and totally unecessary. More peopel die trying to jump up on the pole than by simply fighting him normally. Honestly, it really is an easy fight.

You must be new here…
Mossman was stacked on rock, then tree, then this funny net thingie close to his hut, then water, we moved to the rock, then we were stacking him underwater, but outside skelk’s aggro… then we had pole dancing and again, tree. And did I mention stacking on another pole somewhere in between?

I think we should start taking gambits, when anet will just give up. Or make this fight like AC1 tutorial, big while flat place. No corners, no walls… That would be ok. Unless someone would find invisible wall XD

The question is why “we” are stacking in these weird spots for a fight that is quick and easy when done properly so no need for such gimmicks. And all the reasons above – boring, annoying, too much hp, too much damage, etc. – are not real reasons for the safespotting.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

The question is why “we” are stacking in these weird spots for a fight that is quick and easy when done properly so no need for such gimmicks. And all the reasons above – boring, annoying, too much hp, too much damage, etc. – are not real reasons for the safespotting.

For me the reason would be the instability mostly. Get randomly feared a few times and it gets old extremely fast.

fishball.7204

Don’t forget lose all boons on dodge, whoever thought of that .. yeah

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I went to do 56/67/77 with guildies after the patch. Team comp including 1 chrono/ 1-2 Revenant/1 Dare devil / 1-2 Tempest/ 0-1 Engi. Every time, we killed the boss smoothly, guildies were all surprised at how fast he went down and how exciting it is that they are forced to do a proper rotation.

New flash: chain CC the boss, cleave the wolves hard and the boss is disabled for like half of the fight for free dps.

PS: I only run with 75 AR on my rev.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

I add every baddie who feels the need to exploit to progress through content in my ignore list and sure as heck my ignore list is huge.

ofc make your own groups called ‘exploiting already easy and boring pve content’ and I won’t join. so in the end everyone wins but mossman.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Rednik.3809

I add every baddie who feels the need to exploit to progress through content in my ignore list and sure as heck my ignore list is huge.

ofc make your own groups called ‘exploiting already easy and boring pve content’ and I won’t join. so in the end everyone wins but mossman.

So you are joining and trying to demand from people that they must play only like you want them to play?

25 charracters

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

You must be new here…

Because you exploiters are awful at the game. Don’t lie.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s not that it is much easier if you ‘exploit’ it, just more convenient. And you don’t need to be really good to kill him on higher levels. As long as they don’t introduce interesting mechanics and/or lower his HP people will continue to kill him as convenient as possible.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

savacli.8172

It’s not that it is much easier if you ‘exploit’ it, just more convenient. And you don’t need to be really good to kill him on higher levels. As long as they don’t introduce interesting mechanics and/or lower his HP people will continue to kill him as convenient as possible.

+1

It’s just a really really boring fight made even more boring with the upping of his HP. Can the fight be made easier? Sure, I’ll grab my Druid and slot in traited Spirits and end up with perma Protection and Regen (nearly 300hp/s). At that point, even the passive healing from Water Spirit + Regen is enough to keep the team alive, freeing me up to grab a snack or something from the pantry. If I have a less than awesome team? Well, I guess I have to use the occasional CAF for a few heals now and then.

fishball.7204

I really don’t see mossman in his current state as challenging or interesting. If ‘doing good DPS rotations’ is so exciting to you then more power to you but for the life of me I can’t see it that way since even a monkey could do a good dps rotation since it’s just repeating key sequences.

If I want challenging content I’d go low man raids or something like I used to low man fractal 50s to sell.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Pretty sure you make it boring by killing it slowly while afking on a pole. He doesn’t have that much health and its not that bad when fighting legit.

fishball.7204

Yeah i know i just don’t get why people feel the need to justify doing it legit as exciting lol.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I don’t get why people are trying to justify a safespot.

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah i know i just don’t get why people feel the need to justify doing it legit as exciting lol.

Call me crazy, but the part about GW2 I enjoy is playing it.

fishball.7204

I don’t do mossman or frac dailies if you’re thinking I’m trying to justify safe spotting. I think the entire encounter is trash and needs to be changed and pretending it’s exciting to do DPS rotations is just masking the real issue w/ boring instabilities and boring fights.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Rednik.3809

I don’t get why people are trying to justify a safespot.

Because not everyone is a masochist who enjoying beating a giant bag of HP while trying to see small animations inside a firework show. Every day, 2 times minimum.
You love it? Great. But don’t expect everyone be like you.

25 charracters

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

You can see the truth in what Rednik says at level 21 swamp and below even now. Even pugs don’t bother looking for an exploit on those lower level swamps because its more efficient to just nuke him out in the open. The issue really is the hp/toughness/instabilities.

Senario.2038

You can see the truth in what Rednik says at level 21 swamp and below even now. Even pugs don’t bother looking for an exploit on those lower level swamps because its more efficient to just nuke him out in the open. The issue really is the hp/toughness/instabilities.

200% agree, you don’t see pugs using anything exploit related with anything even below fractal 50 but as soon as you get to the 50+ fractals the hp/toughness/instabilities all get a bit much and it is very tedious, unfun, and you can die pretty fast in the higher levels. I can’t even see mossman cross his arms for his tell without zooming in my camera super close.