Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

what a joke lolz did two dailies and from every single chest (excluding Maw ones) its greens and more greens… everyone is telling you your dungeon reward system sucks and and its still got nerfed? I will do one more complete run to confirm BUT since FoTM was launched i NEVER got zero Rares in a full run. now two runs in a row and i got none in six chests.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

Before patch for me it was about 80-90% chance getting rare item from chest, dunno how it is now.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Hydrii.5136

Hydrii.5136

I have gone a couple runs before without getting rares. So 3 bad ones really wouldn’t be proof of anything

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

I think the rare droprate was abviously way to high... now its normal again i am happy..

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Nuka Cola.8520

When you do a level 30 run and get no Rares there’s a problem.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Baby.1405

Baby.1405

lol i rarely got rares from chest period.. before and after “nerf”

the only time i got rares was the first day of fotm :/

(level 40)

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Hydrii.5136

Hydrii.5136

Its just how rng works sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don’t. I ran 1 full run today and got 2 rares and an exotic so doesn’t seem so bad to me.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Nuka Cola.8520

I think the rare droprate was abviously way to high… now its normal again i am happy..

What exactly was so obviously too high? Its the first dungeon in the game that rewarded you decently (the reason most ppl do it)… it wasn’t too high, its the other dungeons reward that is none existent. Like what’s the point of even going over level 20 now knowing chests are worst than Dragon chests (that is saying a lot btw).

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I don’t understand, why is it so hard to guarantee at least one rare from a fractal chest?

Or do you really want us to go p2w and buy gems to fund whatever the hell we want?

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Nuka Cola.8520

Everyone should try a couple of runs to confirm this because as i said, since FoTM was released all i do is fracs and many runs per day. on average i get three gold items (cores/lodestones included) per run (this is not even levels with maw at the end) and now GREENS. You know the Jellyfish boss, there’s a Rare spear in the chest (or two or an exotic speargun) always in there, now its the same weapon but in GREEN version. Wtf do i want greens for!?

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Grav.4790

Grav.4790

During event there was a high chance for exotics and rares. After event i always got few rares. Now i get greens. We will never know if they changed it or not, it can be always blamed on RNG. Let’s see in few days if ectos will go above 40s.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I am noticing less rares… but more cores. Maybe that was just a lucky two runs (and my observation is slightly skewed since one chest gave me a glacial, molten, destroyer and charged core)

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

They nerfed Jboots too, they feel slower.

Seriously though, people have been claiming stealth nerfs for years and years, you need some sort of statistical analysis to back it up.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

Working as intended.

GW2 economy works like this:

- BOTs provide raw materials for crafters.
- Crafters craft exotics.
- Non-crafters buy gems to trade for gold to buy crafted exotics.

As you can clearly see, random rare drops that could be salvaged or thrown to the forge or – worst possible outcome(!) – used would interrupt this beautiful money-making machine.

Now, I understand that “BOTs provide raw materials” might be something many players frown upon. I understand, I used to think so, too. However, with the disappearence of BOTs a few weeks ago, we’ve seen prices on T6 materials and ectos skyrocket. As a result, prices for exotic armor have almost doubled.

Now, the rational reaction would be to farm for ectos and T6 mats. Sadly, droprates have fallen to levels a human player can hardly bear. However, if a huge enough army of bots brings the prices down sufficiently, human players might again be able to afford exotic armor.

Recently, BOTs have started to re-appear. In case mindless robotic drones manage what human players are not supposed to achieve – that is, farm a sufficient amount of materials to satisfy the demand the human players have – I might be able to buy another set of armor for my main to play around with a support build.

Do I like this? Of course not! But with the latest nerfs to open-world drops, mindless machines slaving away 24/7, batteling the droptables are my only hope for a fun game experience (aka “being able to affort a new set of exotics once a month to play around with different builds”).

Edit: In case you’re wondering why Arenanet needs to crack down on BOTs from time to time (“in waves”) if they provide a service needed to sell gems, here’s why: You keep them in the game long enough to farm and sell mats, then permaban them to take the gold they made selling materials from the economy, leaving only gem -> gold as a viable source of income for players with RL-jobs and RL-income. It’s crucial to leave the BOTters in the game long enough to stimulate a demand for mats and items that results in a demand for gold but to take them out before they reappear as goldsellers, undercutting the tradepost. Hence the BOT banning in waves.

Edit 2: I should have pointed out that I’m generally a prankster and I dearly love irony, cynicism and similar rethorical means. Also, I use them liberally, for example when writing a tinfoil-hat parody.

(edited by phooka.4295)

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I definitely feels nerfed. I don’t like this at all.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It was nerfed 1 day after it was added. Nothing has changed since then as far as I can tell.

The first day FotM was added each chest dropped 1 rare 90% of the time and 2 rares 50% of the time with the occasional exotic. I did 20 fractals that day and walked away with 30 rares. Since that day I have done an additional 40 fractals and have walked away with 3 rares total.

Fractals haven’t dropped rares since that first day, I don’t know why after today’s patch people are finally noticing that.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

It was nerfed 1 day after it was added. Nothing has changed since then as far as I can tell.

The first day FotM was added each chest dropped 1 rare 90% of the time and 2 rares 50% of the time with the occasional exotic. I did 20 fractals that day and walked away with 30 rares. Since that day I have done an additional 40 fractals and have walked away with 3 rares total.

Fractals haven’t dropped rares since that first day, I don’t know why after today’s patch people are finally noticing that.

I know but it seems like they nerfed it even more.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Only the first week I seemed to get a lot of rares drops. After that it’s been pretty low on rares, although I always get at least 1 rare from Maws chest, and some Cores.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Did it on both my chars last night for 20 daily and got rares and cores on both of them, sounds like rng.

I’ve had it not drop rares before, and had it drop like 3 rares and 2 cores before. Don’t think it has anything to do with last nights patch.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Edit 2: I should have pointed out that I’m generally a prankster and I dearly love irony, cynicism and similar rethorical means. Also, I use them liberally, for example when writing a tinfoil-hat parody.

You ruined the post. Edit it out man.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

You ruined the post. Edit it out man.

Let’s just say that when it comes to hermeneutics, I’m a follower of Hans Magnus Enzensberger. The meaning of the text is not for the author to descide. So if I write some stuff as parody that I think might get an infraction when not posted as such, it’s not in my hands anymore.

Tinfoil hat and all.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Heliox.8632

Heliox.8632

One of my findings is as you reach higher level fractals, the number of yellows that you get seems to drastically drop. I get more yellows doing my 20 dailies on 2 toons than i do doing 30+ progression.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Man, when people post these things, I really wish they’d do so with sample sizes larger than 8 chests…

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

One of my findings is as you reach higher level fractals, the number of yellows that you get seems to drastically drop. I get more yellows doing my 20 dailies on 2 toons than i do doing 30+ progression.

This.

I’ve been doing the daily in FoTM 10+ over the past 2 weeks. And just the daily. I’d get 1-2 rares if I was lucky. And usually from a random drop rather than the end chest.

Went and did a level 4 because I decided I wanted to hit every daily bonus possible, and suddenly I was swimming in rares again, 2 from a chest, an exotic from a chest, and 2 dropped.

This coincides with how it was when I was getting up to 10+, which nearly everyone in my team scoring 3+ rares per set of fractals.

I feel as though the higher fractal level you go, the WORSE the chance of rares from chests gets.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

Here’s what I got from doing my dailies (level 10, 20 and 30):

6 rares and 2 exotics.

That’s significantly better than what I got the day before the patch. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Got 3 rares last night. Rng is Rng.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

We made no changes to the FoTM chests in the last patch.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Idk if they nerfed the chests (They didnt lol) but i can say this as A FACT.

That if you are doing fractals for money/drops rather then progression and ascended gear. You will receive the same drops, infact in my opinion. Better drops.

The only Lodestones i’ve gotten have come from lvl 2-8. Rares and t6 mats drop more for me in those lvls then in 10+

You will also make more money doing lvl 2 over and over and over and over and over again. Why? Because not only are the increase of drop non-apparent in high lvls. (I’ve gotten more greens from 10+ in chests on average then rares) But you’ll actually end up saving yourself more.

Dungeon is easier at early lvls. You dont die… at all (if you know what ur doing, and you do it well) but since its alot less stress on the player and the drops are the same. You’ll end up saving more time for MORE RUNS and not have to repair your armor for 3s-10s after your done with that set of fractals.

TL;DR: There is no reason or incentive to progress beyond doing T2 and T3 dailies once a day. If you care about chest drops, farm lvl 2, you get the same stuff. You’ll also save yourself time and money on repairs.

EDIT: posted it 3min before Robert >.<

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I have failed to get rares from these chests many many many times.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Heliox.8632

Man, when people post these things, I really wish they’d do so with sample sizes larger than 8 chests…

My findings is a sample size of running 30 dailies for a week while progressing while continuously running lvl 20 dailies on 2 different toons. I am absolutely convinced that higher level fractals give less yellows than lower levels.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Ursan.7846

My findings is a sample size of running 30 dailies for a week while progressing while continuously running lvl 20 dailies on 2 different toons. I am absolutely convinced that higher level fractals give less yellows than lower levels.

That is great. We need more people like you who actually judges things after gathering a large set of data instead of going through a period of bad luck and going through these knee-jerk “OMG RNG SUCKS” phases.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

That is great. We need more people like you who actually judges things after gathering a large set of data instead of going through a period of bad luck and going through these knee-jerk “OMG RNG SUCKS” phases.

But random number do suck, no matter if you are lucky or not.
You are doing a certain amount of ‘work’ for a certain amount of reward.

You don’t work for a week and then get a check which can be 1000 bucks, 5 or anything inbetween in your job either, aren’t you?

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

which makes me wonder why people bother to run high-level fractals if that is the case. Just to stock up on frac pieces and/or for the challenge?

Seems like loot should be higher at the higher levels. Why do a loop of:
A) do higher level frac to get ascended gear to run higher level frac
B) goto A

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Heliox.8632

which makes me wonder why people bother to run high-level fractals if that is the case. Just to stock up on frac pieces and/or for the challenge?

Seems like loot should be higher at the higher levels. Why do a loop of:
A) do higher level frac to get ascended gear to run higher level frac
B) goto A

Several reasons
1. The self challenge is there
2. The chance that they do make higher lvl loot better, ill be ahead of the curve
3. More dailies at a chance of infused rings (i dont even do lvl 10 dailies anymore)
4. More tokens for the 5 lvl 80’s i have all needing 20slot bag expansions.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

Just because one player has a bad luck on one day, it absolutely must mean greedy anet has lowered the drops, right? Right? Stop being so egocentric lol, everyone has days when they get nothing and days when they get alot. For one, I got 5 rares in 2 runs today (lvl 4 and 5). Even got 2 rares from the same chest on lvl 5.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Heliox.8632

Just because one player has a bad luck on one day, it absolutely must mean greedy anet has lowered the drops, right? Right? Stop being so egocentric lol, everyone has days when they get nothing and days when they get alot. For one, I got 5 rares in 2 runs today (lvl 4 and 5). Even got 2 rares from the same chest on lvl 5.

Try lvl 30+ then you’ll understand what the gripe is about. Please also read the above post before posting ignorant posts like these.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Wizardauz.3761

The only reason i’ve found to do lvl 10+ after getting the daily chest is to restart T2 for volcano and farm the grawl adds that spawn in the beginning.

You’ll get better drops from farming that for 15min then any single fractal run. Rares, Exotics, t6 Totems, Bags. PROFIT. Not too mention you want to do it ON LVL 10+

You can do it on lvl 2 and get good stuff but i find doing this on lvl 10 is better because you have a slight (like 1 in nothing loool) to get a Glob of Mist Essence instead of just vials.

Get a guardian, a necro, and someone else (four is good too, you dont need all 5) and have the guardian equip WoR and Sanctuary. Necro casts Well-Bombs. Mesmer is great too for Time Warp.

Just passing the info along to anyone who wants a to see fractal turn… profitable.

THERES IS NO DR IN FRACTALS AS OF YET (THIS IS MOST LIKELY CHANGE)

TAKE ADVANTAGE WHILE YOU CAN.

They will not buff high tier chests. They will nerf the lower tier chests.

Why?

Because its an easier fix then to readjust drop rates of higher tiers to actually drop something better. Making it so the player WILL HAVE to grind out fractal shards for agony gear before moving on to the “profitable” fractal lvls.

I hate to say that im going to call this…. but im calling it.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Heliox.8632

Side note: I never quite understood the idiocy (personal opinion) of people saying “i called it”, or “in before (insert text)” as if being right ahead of time makes them some sort of god who gets to brag about their predictions are right but if it isnt, they arent the dumbest scum of the universe.

If you want profit, theres faster ways to make money than fractals, much much much faster.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Ursan.7846

But random number do suck, no matter if you are lucky or not.
You are doing a certain amount of ‘work’ for a certain amount of reward.

You don’t work for a week and then get a check which can be 1000 bucks, 5 or anything inbetween in your job either, aren’t you?

I beg to disagree. I think that there’s real joy in the RNG when you do get lucky. But that’s personal opinion and isn’t really what my original point was.

My original point was that I wish people would stop speculating whether drop chances have changed on such small sample sizes.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Wizardauz.3761

When you get to lvl 10+ tell me how your chests are.

You might notice that….

1. There is no “increase” or “better” RNG. You’ll get the same amount as normal.
2. You wont get better drops.

No one here has made a strong argument to say that anything HAS increased in higher tiers.

The only things that has been confirmed for high tiers are…

1. Ascended Rings from daily chests.
2. More Fractal Shards per Chest in high lvls.
3. Specific Fractal Skins in lvls 20+ (i think its 20+…)

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Wizardauz.3761

Side note: I never quite understood the idiocy (personal opinion) of people saying “i called it”, or “in before (insert text)” as if being right ahead of time makes them some sort of god who gets to brag about their predictions are right but if it isnt, they arent the dumbest scum of the universe.

If you want profit, theres faster ways to make money than fractals, much much much faster.

Why the hostility bro?

U mad? Cuz i can obviously tell your talking about me.

Just trying to give some tips out there for players who are finding fractals to be a money-sink/time-waste. Take it or leave it. Never meant to offend, brag, or be a god…. certainly dont wanna be the “Scum of the Universe” either.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

what a joke lolz did two dailies and from every single chest (excluding Maw ones) its greens and more greens… everyone is telling you your dungeon reward system sucks and and its still got nerfed? I will do one more complete run to confirm BUT since FoTM was launched i NEVER got zero Rares in a full run. now two runs in a row and i got none in six chests.

bad luck friend i was in 8 fractals (scale 2 and 10) and i finished with 6 gold items from chests

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

It’s just a case of bad luck for you nothing was changed. I’ve gotten tons of rares a few exotics and couple ascended drops. I’ve had my days with bad loot too you’re just jumping to conclusions to fast based only on a random number generator and your luck.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Heliox.8632

Why the hostility bro?

U mad? Cuz i can obviously tell your talking about me.

Just trying to give some tips out there for players who are finding fractals to be a money-sink/time-waste. Take it or leave it. Never meant to offend, brag, or be a god…. certainly dont wanna be the “Scum of the Universe” either.

Lol dont take it the wrong way, i just chuckle on the inside everytime i hear someone say “i called it” or “in before” due to the logical reasoning behind it and/or subconscious reasons for saying it hence the side note. Fractals is a time sink, theres better ways to make money for the amount of time spent. I do it cause its fun, anyone else doing it for other reasons whether it be ascended rings (min/maxing) or whatever, dont do it unless you’re having fun doing it.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

Before patch for me it was about 80-90% chance getting rare item from chest, dunno how it is now.

U r sooo lucky! -_-

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Wizardauz.3761

Lol dont take it the wrong way, i just chuckle on the inside everytime i hear someone say “i called it” or “in before” due to the logical reasoning behind it and/or subconscious reasons for saying it hence the side note. Fractals is a time sink, theres better ways to make money for the amount of time spent. I do it cause its fun, anyone else doing it for other reasons whether it be ascended rings (min/maxing) or whatever, dont do it unless you’re having fun doing it.

I agree on the “do what you find fun”.

But this was a FoTM chest drop thread so i didnt think that had anything to do with Fractals Fun-Ratio. I do enjoy fractals, even the challenging parts. But some players also want to make money, more so with friends. I like to make money and play with my friends at the same time.

I’ve been farming fractals for my legendary. I’ve got EVERYTHING i need except Icy Runestones, the rest of my Charged Lodestones, and powerful bloods/vicious fangs. All i need is money. My friends and I figured out that farming lvl 2 was most profitable because there is no real change in drop rates. So no reason to progress.

Why have a dungeon designed to progress and increase in difficulty if you dont get anything from it? (I’ve already got my fractal capacitor upgraded once and i’ve gotten my 2 Toughness/Power/Crit Dmg rings. I had great luck with the rings thankfully and now have full availble Ascended Gear. But Im not specifically talking about the RNG rates and rings. Just the actually Boss Chests)

I make about 10g an hour doing fractals if im lucky and about 3-4g an hour if its slow. On top of the fact that i’ve got the best guildies helping, we run it all together and share our drops (ex: one of my friends needs onyx and the other need molten, i give them all my molten and onyx and they give me their charged, everyone is happy) so we actually make mutual legendary progression faster then just farming Orr.

If you have a better way to make money, congratz. My point was not about that, it was about helping players who want to do fractals but see it as a money-sink or a dungeon thats difficult is WAYY out of balance with its rewards.

As far as my “i called it” comment. Look into it and critic me with your reasons how ever you want :/ i meant it in a witty way. This is why i dont come to the forums much. No one actually appreciates anything.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: skotie.2614

skotie.2614

@phooka Whatever the case may be….

They certainly seem to reduce any decent way to make money in game above all other concerns. Haven’t seen them act as fast on any other issues.

That other problems don’t come first like dungeon bugs or class balancing issues defiantly says something.

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

When you get to lvl 10+ tell me how your chests are.

You might notice that….

1. There is no “increase” or “better” RNG. You’ll get the same amount as normal.
2. You wont get better drops.

No one here has made a strong argument to say that anything HAS increased in higher tiers.

The only things that has been confirmed for high tiers are…

1. Ascended Rings from daily chests.
2. More Fractal Shards per Chest in high lvls.
3. Specific Fractal Skins in lvls 20+ (i think its 20+…)

So if you play for loot, go play lower levels, they are much easier and give better loot apparently so I don’t see where’s the problem?

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

Im still averaging 1-2 rares per level along with the occasional exotic.

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

Stealth FoTM chests nerf

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

I think the rare droprate was abviously way to high… now its normal again i am happy..

What exactly was so obviously too high? Its the first dungeon in the game that rewarded you decently (the reason most ppl do it)… it wasn’t too high, its the other dungeons reward that is none existent. Like what’s the point of even going over level 20 now knowing chests are worst than Dragon chests (that is saying a lot btw).

I understand what your saying and on the most part i agree with you but if the loot droprate is set to high i think less people would exchange gems for gold. Thus anet would make less money. Thus it was obviously set to high. If this was on purpose to lure people into the dungeon get them hooked them strip away to make some cash it remains to be said tho.

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all