[Suggestion] Dungeon Revisit

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: JefTheReaper.1075

JefTheReaper.1075

yeah yeah I know, a load of people already discussed it,

I’m not here to say dungeons are to hard or to easy or whatever,
I’m here to suggest a new change,
Gw2 is the only mmo I actually enjoy by its function to let you solo the entire game,
even if you are skilled enough you can tackle group events head on alone.
I love that aspect about the game as enemy’s become harder or easier depending on how many people participate, easier said, the game is fair to everyone regardless of there preferred playing style.

That is… up until you go to a dungeon, where as a solo player or group player, you get murdered in the first wave of enemy’s. Who are basically just the same enemy’s you meet in the open world, but pumped full with steroids and wearing some divine aegis that protects them against even the strongest attacks of a full dps build character.

my opinion is simple, add the “leveling system” to dungeons as well, so that if you enter with 5 people the challenge (and reward) is large, but if you decide to enter solo, everything will be possible to be done alone, but of course also a lower (but not over the top low) rewards. its a dungeon but GW2 has been slightly revolutionary compared to other mmo’s, so why not break the stupid prejudge “unwritten rule” that dungeons “have” to be done in group too?

honestly I love this game for letting me solo almost anything, and if I have to do something in group, I can do so without having to actually form a party.

and before anybody is about to give a lecture on “you just have to play the dungeon’s the way they are supposed to be played”
up to now everybody I entered a dungeon with skipped true every scene (I want to know the darn story behind it, I want to know what my char is actually doing there in the first place)

and every group I went with ether knew how to fool the npc’s, sneak past most enemy’s or just use special techniques to cut corners, that is NOT the way a dungeon is supposed to be played,
when I enter a dungeon I wan to kill EVERYTHING in that dungeon, not slip past walls to evade the enemy and then stand close together while spamming AOE to kill whatever steps up to you. Or going in stealth every corner we pass to slip past a entire mob of enemy’s, thats boring.

Arenanet seriously, ether give a bigger reward for dealing with this rubbish or drain some power of those demi gods, its just no fun doing those dungeons and everybody knows it. You can’t lie to my face by saying everybody who plays this game enters a dungeon every day “just for fun”. But it should be for that reason.

A change like this will also not make any difference for group players in the first place as being with 5 should bring the dungeon up to its current level,
but it should be possible for solo or duo (or trio or quatro) players who only have limited amounts of friends, or people who just prefer to solo stuff to do dungeon’s.
Especially considering the end game, last mission of the personal story line, where you are forced to do the Arah dungeon’s story mode with other people even if you did the entire game solo up to now, its rubish to force people to group up, I mean none of the WvW or PvP content forces you to step out of your group and solo a entire area too right?

(edited by JefTheReaper.1075)

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Almost all dungeons are soloable already, except those with multiplayer mechanics such as coe laser traps or arah p1 tar tar binks.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

JefTheReaper.1075

Almost all dungeons are soloable already, except those with multiplayer mechanics such as coe laser traps or arah p1 tar tar binks.

yeah well if you use a guardian pure tank build perhaps, but ones again that’s cutting conrners,
I can beat group events with ANY of the classes, but a dungeon is barely possible with a pure guardian tank witouth dying every encounter, not to mention I’m pertty sure when you say “solo a dungeon” you also just skip most enemy’s, my means is to kill anything in my path, PROPERLY play the dungeon instead of skipping true everything.

I mean I enter even in group with my necro who has been build purely as a condition dps character with AOE spams, 1 chain of my spams is enough to lay waist to most enemy’s in the open world,
in the dungeon it barely tickles them.

Dungeon’s are only soloable if you have been playing this game for years now and build up one of your char’s to a near demi god, ive only been playing this game for 1 year now, and have 1 char at level 80, and 7 others around 20-40,

I’m sick and tired of waiting for a group of people to go true a dungeon properly instead of cutting every corner, and sick of those overpowered generic boss characters, overpowered bosses should be world bosses, something you can tackle with a huge group, dungeons are now pretty much the equivalent of taking down Shadow behemoth with 5 people max, Sure its possible, but only if you have been playing this game every day for the past 2-3 years and have a gear at least above ascended.

Its not like dungeon’s should be this hard in the first place, the entire game pleads “play the way you want to play” but when you come at a dungeon the only real choice is just using a generic strategy and build along with cutting every corner you can cut.
Where is the fun in skipping all story and enemy’s? Leave alone where is the fun in fighting mobs of enemy’s that have the power of demi gods who can take you, a level 80 character with exotic armor out with one blow of a stupid thrown dagger, while surviving the onslaught of 5 people’s most strongest attacks?
even champions and veteran’s are not as tough as those dungeon npc’s,

Tons of people keep on yapping about “dungeons require strategy” but thats just rubbish, the only thing in this game that requires strategy are the guild runs and Tequatl,
hit a dungeon with 5 tank characters and you will end up fine, the only strategy in a dungeon is tricking the system’s AI, what is pure rubbish, that’s the same as finding a blind spot for a world boss’s attacks (if any would exist) and keep attacking from that position so you never get hit and the boss’s health gets chipped away little by little, it works, but its pure rubbish, if that is all it takes to beat a dungeon or world boss then I could let a AI/NPC play the game for me.

Who out there even enjoys dungeons? to me they feel just as boring as a repetitive job in a factory, you can’t do it the way you want to, you can only do it the way you have to, and you do it over and over for a little reward way less then the actual dungeon’s run is worth.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

“Dungeons require no strategy or skill , and I still can’t complete them”
-OP

If only I could give my honest opinion without getting censored.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

JefTheReaper.1075

“Dungeons require no strategy or skill , and I still can’t complete them”
-OP

If only I could give my honest opinion without getting censored.

Pretty sure you can give your opinion in a civil way without getting censored or banned.

dungeons can’t be completed without being horribly overpowered,
in order to be that you need gold,
in order to get gold you need to do dungeons,
you die in second in a dungeon even if you are with veteran players.
see the paradox?

dungeons should not be this overpowered, you won’t hear me complain if a world boss gets tougher, they are world bosses for a reason.
But dungeon’s? thats the same as making a group event’s boss as tough as a world boss so you at least need 20-50 people to even scratch it.

By all means give me a valid reason why dungeon’s should be hard and unforgiving for everybody, and why its such a bad idea that dungeon’s should be fair to anybody and adjust its levels and rewards towards the difficulty of each individual player,
nobody ever complains when something is made harder, but o God if something is made fair for everybody. This is a mmo, even with zero skill, if you have the best armor and weapons in the game with a optimized build and upgrade’s you can take down anything in this game by just bashing your keyboard.
that’s why a dungeon set on a high level is quite unfair for most players, I mean the first dungeon unlocks at a low level, NOBODY at that level can even get past that first dungeon solo or with 5 level 20 people, so why does the dungeon unlock at that moment in the first place?

There was made such a fuss over the level scaling system, so I say it should be added in dungeon’s too at a more reasonable level then its currently at. So that a solo player can go true the dungeon, still needing to put some effort in it, but not like you have to dodge and move around with a generic build that every dungeon user will use but instead stay true to the play-style you chose

I completed my fair share of dungeons already, but its just not worth it, the reward is to small for dealing with so much rubbish, if you should calculate, a champion gives you at least 1-2 special quite expencive items for beating them, every dungeon mob enemy is around the same level as a group event boss,
so for ever mob you slay in a dungeon, you should at LEAST get 1 item between 1-30 silver, for every boss in a dungeon, at least 1 gold,
for the final boss? 2-3 gold, THAT would be there actual value considering there level compared to the actual open world enemy’s. instead the most I get out of a dungeon is between 30 silver to 1 gold and 50 silver. The only reason I do dungeons is to get those annoying tokens to buy weapon and armor skins.

oxtred.7658

Ok; so here’s my opinion: You’re part of the weak people I absolutely despise and you refuse to admit you’re the problem and the content is already easy. Dungeons are objectively easy if you put the time to learn them and their mechanics, especially low levels ones. No, you can’t expect to come there and use only your auto attack and win.
You’re insulting all the community and are assuming I’m billion times better than you because of my gear, when it’s because I spent time to learn what to do. Dungeons can be completed naked, with only offhand weapons and by being upleveled. It looks like YOU can’t, maybe because you’re used to WoW like content where gear carried you, or because you can’t think a second about the problem.
Fact is, you plain suck. Here’s my honest opinion. And I don’t mean you can’t dodge or anything, that would be fine. You can’t and don’t want to learn. No one should have pity for such individual, you took on your own the fact you won’t ever be better.

tl;dr: learn to learn.

JefTheReaper.1075

Ah so there we have it, you don’t give a proper argument on why the system should not change to befit, but indirectly admit the very reason why.

if the system would become fair where solo players get a easier dungeon while 5 players keep the current dungeon level, then more people would be able to complete dungeons and you would get a scratch on your superiority ego.
when people could easily solo a dungeon you would not be able to bare the idea that people can do dungeons solo to as you will no longer be able to call certain people weak and others strong.

in all honesty you disgust me to, making a line between people who play a game longer and who play a game short, by all means when we talk about playing games everybody is weak, its just data dude,
strength is only measured in real life, in a game its all numbers, a dev could make his character a elder god for crying out loud. as for skill, it matters pretty little in mmo’s, admitting a little more in Gw2, but considering dodging in a dungeon simply means almost nothing unless enemy’s argo themselves on your team mates as most mobs toss around projectiles and AOE attacks like rice on a wedding, the only real noticeable difference here is people who play the game casual, who play normal, and those who basically live in Tyria rather then the real world.

I really hate your asumptions tough, just like most people you don’t even bother to ask but just throw accusations towards me, I don’t just auto attack in dungeons, I do rely on my skills, my build and my tactics, problem is in a dungeon that seems to mean nothing, My AOE build with dps usually protects me in every situation in the open world,

the only way to “learn” how to do a dungeon is to get a speed buff power, and make sure you have some means to become invisible and skip past most enemy’s and then switch to a offensive skill tree to take down whatever boss you encounter, its rubbish, with that kind of strategy its basically the same as just using some kind of hack to just teleport yourself to the next boss in the dungeon, there is no difference as both strategy’s just skip the dungeon, that’s not skill, that’s just abusing the weak-spots in the system.

I’m also not assuming you are better then me if due to your gear, sure skill plays a minor roll and if you have been playing this game from day one and you are a big mmo fan, you most likely can get by by with just a weak piece of gear, but you can’t deny that gear makes up for a lot of stuff,
a level 80 player with basic gear vs a player 80 with the best gear in the game, it makes no difference how good you can dodge of block, the player with the best gear can one shot kill you with just its basic attacks, that’s how large the gasp is.
I’m not insulting the community at all, I’m simply saying how it is, its not my fault the rules of the game work this way.

WoW? please refrain from making references to another game, there is no point in comparing it to Gw2, Especially when you talk about “that” garbage of a game.
You have to be insane to be willing to pay a monthly fee for that kind of game, it would bore the hell out of me in just 3 days time even if it were endgame content.

Its not a fact that I suck, for one, you never saw me play, just due to the fact that I’m complaining about the dungeon system, does not mean I can’t complete them, in some situations I actually had to lead the party as nobody ever does something sensible, that’s just what bores the hell out of me, I want to be able to do a dungeon solo, I don’t even care if the reward is somewhat lower as long as the level’s go down to so I can just finish the dungeon in piece without having to rely on underhand tactics or run the dungeon with ether 4 idiots that run aimlessly around or toss themselves to a boss as sacrificial lamb, or 4 hardcore players that just run off like sonic the hedgehog skipping every enemy they see and input every command like a oiled machine, I’m not a machine, I like being creative. There is no point in doing a dungeon exactly the same way over and over.

you keep stating to “learn” to use these tactics, but in my eyes there is no difference between those low life tactics and just hacking the game, both are a easy loophole with lots of profit, I don’t take part in coward tactics like that.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

I guess I have to go and tell my retired 60 year old casual gamer mother that she is a cheat and hacker…

She solos fractals.

…bummer.

oxtred.7658

Aaand you’re proving my point.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

So basically, you want to play how you want, and since your way is The One True Way™, existing game systems should be re-designed around your One True Way™ of playing the game?

You’re literally the textbook case of what some might call a “scrub”: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

Have fun playing your unique blend of Guild Wars 2 which consists of the actual game, with your bizarre mental rules overlayed on top of it. You’re welcome to play this version of the game all you want, but when you insist that I be forced to play your ‘special’ version of the game too or that the game otherwise be warped to better fit your special brand of playstyle preference, I might politely tell you to kitten off if it weren’t probably against the forum rules. So instead, I’ll just suggest that perhaps, before talking about things you evidently have near-zero understanding of, you gain a bit of knowledge on the topic before you make the kind of statements that you’re making.

For example, in your first post, you mention how everyone always skips the cutscenes. Did you know you can make your own “watching cutscenes” group on the LFG? And if you don’t like skipping, or stacking, or whatever else, you can add that into your LFG description. And since you seem pretty clueless, most of the people doing the dungeon with you have probably run it over 100 times by now. Guild Wars 2 cutscenes are pretty low quality compared to a lot of other games, and in those other games, you start skipping the cutscenes after a few playthroughs. No one wants to watch a below average quality cutscene 100 times; few ever want to watch them a second time (and a fair amount have learned they find every cutscene to have near-zero value to them, and have never watched another skippable cutscene after having personally determined this). This is why people are skipping them.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

OP, google “GW2 dungeon solos” and get gud son.

Ropechef.6192

I seriously wonder if this is a Troll…

its way to perfect.

JefTheReaper.1075

There you go, somebody else who is just making up nonsense to suit your own beliefs and assumptions. I never stated my way is the One true way, rather, the large amount of hardcore players now are telling me there way is “the only true way” by abusing the system’s flaws “its the only true way to beat a dungeon”

along that I don’t think any of you properly read my suggestion too,
a dungeon that adjusts itself to the player’s amount, meaning if you want your tough dungeon NOTHING changes, you can keep playing your tough dungeon, if you want a easier one, you can to, in other words, a fair dungeon system for everybody,
if nothing will change for you as hardcore players, why are you against it?!
if it won’t change anything for you its not your problem in the first place.

I’m not a scrub, I’m simply not that limited minded to think “the game’s rules are set, lets live by these rules like they are Gods own divine will”
The game changes all the time with every update, that’s why I made this SUGGESTION, please read and understand the world “suggestion”, the very fact that I make a suggestion means I don’t imply my way is the only real way,
If I felt like that I would have said “I demand the change”,
I’m sure you encountered a lot of people who overreact on this forum or think they are “all that” that they can demand whatever the heck they want, but I ask to not suggest I am part of that kind of group, I started playing guild wars 2 as it implied you can play it any way you want, solo or in group, I’m simply here asking for that line to get turned real,

sure you can run a dungeon solo now to, I can bash a brick wall down with my head to, but what would be the point to do something so stupidly hard?

“you gain a bit of knowledge on the topic before you make the kind of statements that you’re making.”
Follow your own suggestion first, you don’t know anything about how I play nor who I am, and by seeing what you are typing, you also completely misunderstood or simply did not even read what I all typed down, your just making wild assumptions and made up a lot of things I never said or did, I could accuse you of hacking, but that does not make it true just due to me saying it ether.

HA! being the leader of the team to not let them skip the cutscene? yes that worked out fine in the past, the cutscene starts, and when it ends everybody has left the group,
then you wait for a next group, what basically waists away half a hour of time I could have spend on something else, and when everybody is there you loose some people halfway as well, forcing you to wait for a new group again, this goes on and after about 1 or 2 hours you finish the dungeon. Every time I run a dungeon I just join whatever party I can find and just skip anything along with them just to finish a dungeon, I’m tired of having to deal with ether chickens who just leave without a remark, or people who skip the entire thing due to them wanting to have the final rewards, I just want to be able to get true a dungeon without having to deal with players who force tactics of skipping on you, and when you are doing fine that everybody leaves and joins around the 5 seconds.

along with that what’s wrong with wanting to solo a easier dungeon with a lower reward, how is this a problem for “you” and “hardcore players”? It won’t even effect you beside of not having a lot of lower leveled or less skilled players joining in your group, by any means it would be better for everybody,
hardcore players will be more likely to get joined in a group, meaning you never have to drag around lower leveled players or less skilled players,
If everybody can do whatever they want to do, how would this possibly be a problem to any of you?

As for the cutscenes again, I don’t care if they are lower quality, the story of Gw2 simply seems more interesting then the generic story of other games,
I could have done dungeons with my friends, but unfortunately they all quit this game about a year ago as they just did not like the dungeon system ether, after hitting 80 they got bored of doing all world bosses over and over and just decided to play something else,
Considering trying to run dungeons with random people always ended in chaos and the leader quitting, and running with pro’s ended with a boring dungeon where everybody just skips everything,
I rather see a system where everybody can play a dungeon the difficulty they want it to be, If I have to rely on other players in the dungeons I won’t ever get anywhere, or I get true the dungeon to fast and end up with nothing but a petty reward, while the rest of the loot is still in the living npc’s we skipped.

JefTheReaper.1075

By any means give me a reason why this idea would be so bad,

in case you did not comprehend my request as everybody here apparently does in all theres smugness, Give me a “reason” why this system would not work for you or any other player. Your opinion on myself matters little to me, give me why the change would not work or would work.

Don’t throw random remarks and personal insults,
give me a sound and valid reason why this system would not work, if you can’t even back up your argument on why it does not work, then you don’t even have a point denying the idea.

I did not come here after all to hear some random people throwing idiotic remarks, if you seriously have nothing better do to then insult people who’s ideas that contradict with yours then here is not the place to be, show some respect if somebody has a idea, and give a REASON why the idea is bad, just saying “I don’t like it” is not a valid reason on why my idea would be bad, nether is filling in your stupid Bingo card.

JefTheReaper.1075

I guess I have to go and tell my retired 60 year old casual gamer mother that she is a cheat and hacker…

She solos fractals.

…bummer.

Nice to hear, in real life I can also do things other people can’t, just as I’m better in other game’s that others are not, but you don’t see me barging about it or acting like elitists deserve everything while the normal players just have to deal with it,

Just due to the fact that I’m not as good as you in dungeons does not mean you have the right to dictate what is right or wrong.

And yes, I do consider skipping corners is the same as hackers do, perhaps not by the same means, but the result is the same, somebody who dodges taxes by following the rules or somebody who dodges taxes by illegal means is a criminal ether way to. tough that is of course a extreme example, I’m not trying to dictate this way of playing the game is wrong, I’m implying I don’t like it, and I wish to see a new option that will let me play the way I want to without having to resort to those types of tactics, by any means how will this be your problem? If this system would be in the game, I would be running my dungeons solo and you would be running them the same way you always did, how in the world is this ever going to effect any of you?

What is it that all of you seem to think its so “horrible” that everybody would be able to play the game the way they want it? The entire open world already uses that kind of system after all. When I fight something solo it is significantly weaker then when I fight the same enemy in a group.

JefTheReaper.1075

Aaand you’re proving my point.

Nope, you did not prove a thing.
You did not even give a constructive argument, all you did was throw personal offenses,
scolding me does not make my suggestion invalid, rather all you did was insult me becourse you don’t like my idea, but you never stated why it is a bad idea or why it would not work, rather, you can’t, as I suspect there is no proper reason why it would not work.

JefTheReaper.1075

I seriously wonder if this is a Troll…

its way to perfect.

No I’m not, by any means if you don’t like the suggestion move on, the point of the forum is to give a valid argument, a counter argument, or move on if you don’t like it, don’t waist space with pointless insults like this.

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

Ok I didn’t really read the whole OP (sorry gave me a headache halfway through) but I’m bored at work so I’ll bite. Here are a couple of possible solutions to what I did glean from it -

1) Ask other people who have the time/inclination to help you through to come with you. I would have suggested [NOOB] to you but I believe you may have already shot yourself in the foot on that one so…..
2) Start your own group and specify that you’re a) new b) not wanting to skip etc. all in the LFG description. People join and don’t like it, then boot them and carry on.
3) See if [PASS] is still going and will take you along.

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Ok I didn’t really read the whole OP (sorry gave me a headache halfway through) but I’m bored at work so I’ll bite. Here are a couple of possible solutions to what I did glean from it -

1) Ask other people who have the time/inclination to help you through to come with you. I would have suggested [NOOB] to you but I believe you may have already shot yourself in the foot on that one so…..
2) Start your own group and specify that you’re a) new b) not wanting to skip etc. all in the LFG description. People join and don’t like it, then boot them and carry on.

Yep, you’re right about him shooting himself in the foot.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

OP: what if I want to solo these “tough” dungeons? If dungeons adjusted themselves to the number of players in the group, I couldn’t do that anymore?

Or do you mean that the current dungeons, the ones we have now, should remain as solo dungeons, and we’d get “tough” dungeons for group content?

Also, it is rather interesting that you state, that the proper way to do dungeons is to kill every mob. Could you please where official post/statement about this can be found?

(Also, (demi-god) power-wise, there isn’t equipment above ascended.)

AdaephonDelat.3890

I’m still eligible though right?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

People solo dungeons all the time without many troubles.

Just git gud please.

JefTheReaper.1075

No problem, the fact that you are honest about it makes it less of a pain, I do type a lot more then regular people, I love literature after all.

1) I already tried just asking people of the guild I am in, but most of them rather resort to sneaking past every enemy too, the ones that did want to kill everything in the dungeon and not use any sneaky tactics usually ended up dying before I did, leaving me to clean up the mess, trying to survive with my pure dps build (yes I know a tank is better, but I have not finished getting him to 80 along with giving him proper gear)

Thing is, I can beat bosses in the open world with whatever build I tried so far, its stupid you can’t do that in a dungeon. Also refrain form calling me a noob, I won’t claim to be a expert in the game, but I’m far from a noob as well, Ive seen players… some that just do the most stupid things, I’m more halfway, not extremely good, but also not horrible.

2) Been there, done that.
Even when I get there, the problem is the people that join in are usually unexperienced people who have no clue what do to, sometimes even entering with a build that can’t do anything at all against the enemy’s nor offer support, while the ones that leave after I don’t skip my vid are the more experienced players, hence the reason why I gave up on that plan and just joined them instead to let them take the lead and rush true the dungeon, hence why I came here with the suggestion as I’m really tired of being forced to play it in a way that just does not feel right to me, I don’t want, under any circumstance to change the play mode for hardcore players, but rather a means to adjust the dungeon to how many players there are, and how they want to play it, (perhaps even a more difficult mode with even more rewards for the more experienced players? considering some here claim they can do it with no gear at all, its only fair to give more rewards to how tougher the challenge is, and less for the easier way)

3) Well I might try but like I said, I already tried my own guild, I tried other guilds and random people, the only people I was actually able to properly run a dungeon with were my friends, tough they left after writing off Gw2 as a bad mmo, while I stayed due to liking the fairness towards solo players (in some places at least)
along with the looting system, by all means in my opinion the best loot system in any mmo I ever played, I hate arguing about who gets what item.

Believe me, I tried many means to get true those dungeons many times, using various tactics, usually having a bad group, or a to pro group, never somewhere inbetween.
the reason I came here to share the suggestion is just the last resort after all to just hope a fair system will come that gives players the option to adjust the dungeon to there own level (of course, the lower you set it the lower reward, fair is fair right?)
I just want the ability to enjoy doing a dungeon run, right now its ether a boring chore.
I ended up finishing a fair share of dungeons to, but I honestly don’t see what people “like” about doing these runs, beside the rewards. I’m not that pro mmo that I can enter a dungeon without emotion and clear the entire thing “just” for the reward.

JefTheReaper.1075

OP: what if I want to solo these “tough” dungeons? If dungeons adjusted themselves to the number of players in the group, I couldn’t do that anymore?

Or do you mean that the current dungeons, the ones we have now, should remain as solo dungeons, and we’d get “tough” dungeons for group content?

Also, it is rather interesting that you state, that the proper way to do dungeons is to kill every mob. Could you please where official post/statement about this can be found?

(Also, (demi-god) power-wise, there isn’t equipment above ascended.)

Ones again you are a person that ether reads only what he wants, or you misunderstand,
let me explain in detail then

No, I don’t want a dungeon to become easier for people who run in large groups, nor harder for solo, or any like that mix you are trying to present,
I suggest a system that offers choice,
to have the difficulty of the dungeon adjust itself based on the level of the player’s average, along with the number of players currently present in the dungeon, and if necessary, a additional dialogged option before entering the dungeon to decide the overall difficulty

along with of course lower rewards for easier settings, normal rewards for normal settings and bigger rewards for harder settings

In that way to give casual, solo or less skilled players a easy mode, but less rewarding, normal players the normal challenge and reward, and pro players a tougher dungeon then it is now, with of course better rewards.

No, I never stated killing every mod in a dungeon is the correct way, I said it is my way, stop making stuff up, read what I type or don’t answer at all. I typed it out in large detail, its impossible that you don’t get it with this amount of detail, so just quit trolling. You know what I typed and mean.

when I say demi god, you also know what I mean, a dungeon enemy is a lot stronger then a regular mob enemy, I don’t mind stronger enemy’s, but dungeons just overdo it at some places.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I just want the ability to enjoy doing a dungeon run, right now its ether a boring chore.
I ended up finishing a fair share of dungeons to, but I honestly don’t see what people “like” about doing these runs, beside the rewards.

“Why don’t you like the things I like?”

If you don’t like what you’re doing, then I suggest you simply try doing something else. Most people like the way things are one reason or another and you’re pretty selfish to expect the game to be changed just to meet your expectations. If you don’t like dungeons, then maybe you’re just not the target audience and it’s time you just admit that.

P.S. – There is no dungeon team and there hasn’t been for over two years, so nothing major is ever going to change anyways. (Not that any of your suggestions would have been improvements anyways)

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

(yes I know a tank is better, but I have not finished getting him to 80 along with giving him proper gear)

Statements like this one is exactly why you get called out so hard in this thread for being inexperienced or bad.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

AdaephonDelat.3890

No problem, the fact that you are honest about it makes it less of a pain, I do type a lot more then regular people, I love literature after all.

Thing is, I can beat bosses in the open world with whatever build I tried so far, its stupid you can’t do that in a dungeon. Also refrain form calling me a noob, I won’t claim to be a expert in the game, but I’m far from a noob as well, Ive seen players… some that just do the most stupid things, I’m more halfway, not extremely good, but also not horrible.

I wasn’t calling you a noob. I was talking about the dungeon teaching guild [Noob]. It’s stickied at the top of this forum! But as I said you’ve already shot yourself in the foot with that one as most of the teachers are the people you’re arguing with in this thread.

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

No, I never stated killing every mod in a dungeon is the correct way, I said it is my way, stop making stuff up, read what I type or don’t answer at all. I typed it out in large detail, its impossible that you don’t get it with this amount of detail, so just quit trolling. You know what I typed and mean.

I wasn’t trolling, I was referring to these:

and every group I went with ether knew how to fool the npc’s, sneak past most enemy’s or just use special techniques to cut corners, that is NOT the way a dungeon is supposed to be played,
when I enter a dungeon I wan to kill EVERYTHING in that dungeon, not slip past walls to evade the enemy and then stand close together while spamming AOE to kill whatever steps up to you. Or going in stealth every corner we pass to slip past a entire mob of enemy’s, thats boring.

my means is to kill anything in my path, PROPERLY play the dungeon instead of skipping true everything.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

But of course. :3

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Mother of god… so many walls of text.

JefTheReaper.1075

Nokaru:

“Why don’t you like the things I like?”
that’s a highly invalid argument, you say you disagree with my idea due to it being different from the things you like, but I am not allowed to have this idea becourse you don’t like it? its the same thing.

I don’t see the problem tough, if a dungeon is adjustable, why is this a problem for you? if you are a experienced player, you can run it in a normal run just the way you like it, or even crank up the level higher to get a bigger challenge to get a bigger reward, just as other players will be able to set it lower for less rewards but at least getting something.

My suggestion is not selfish at all considering I ask for a system that lets every indivisual player choose for themselves what level they want, I’m not saying the dungeons need to become easier for everybody as that would be pretty stupid for the hardcore players who want a challange, but consider this, you say you don’t want a super easy dungeon, as this would be unfair for the hardcore players.
Right now the dungeons are hard, what is unfair for the casual or solo players,
if you are willing to back up one, you have to consider the other as well.
I’m not pleating for a system for one group here,
even if I could solo dungeons I would still have suggested this idea anyways, as I believe in fairness for everybody, not just for one single group.

as for the target audience, Gw2, back when I bought it, was presented as a mmo fair for both solo and group players, who would not unleash hell on solo players for not being in a group, or punish group players who had to fight over equipment,
the soul reason i started playing this game was by the promise that “every” aspect of the game was possible to be played solo, even if you are not a professional mmo player.
That promise has been met everywhere, except for dungeons, Gw2 target audience is not the dungeon audience, its the people who want to play a mmo that does not feel to much like other mmo’s. A game that is fair towards both solo and group players and motivates cooperation, but does not force it down your throat.

as for why I do dungeons, tokens,
the best looking skins for outfits are the dungeon armor’s and weapons. Why else? if there was any other way to get those skins I would not even bother with dungeons as much as I did now.

yes I know the dungeons have been very static for the past years, but it never hurts to add a suggestion anyways.

“Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.”

JefTheReaper.1075

Mother of god… so many walls of text.

you know, you don’t have to read or reply if you don’t want to.

AdaephonDelat.3890

But of course.

Sweet! I may need to ask some advice from you guys (and gals!) soon.

JefTheReaper.1075

(yes I know a tank is better, but I have not finished getting him to 80 along with giving him proper gear)

Statements like this one is exactly why you get called out so hard in this thread for being inexperienced or bad.

I also don’t recall to ever call myself a game master or the pro in mmo’s, what’s your point? does everybody in this game “have” to be a pro player with a minimum of 5 years mmo experience? no, no such rule exists, I’m a human, just like you, just like the rest here, I have my right on a opinion, suggestions and other things, insulting me just due to me being less experienced is simply low behavior on your ends.

I’m glad at least some people in this list of comments react in a more proper and respect full way, as I will be respectful in return to them.

Ropechef.6192

the only thing stopping you from Running Dungeons Solo is yourself.

to answer way back when your original statement concerning a Dungeon Revamp.

The Original Content Development team that created the Dungeons of Guild wars 2 made 8 Dungeon Systems. being a “story” path. and 3 Explorable Paths. Barring Arah of course that has 4 explorable paths.

A few months into the game they Release Fractals of the mists. as well as 2 Single path Dungeon Instances, Being The Molten Weapon Facility and The Aether blade retreat. The two single paths were temporary Content only to persist for 2 weeks. each and then were removed. Fractals of the Mist Still Exist to this day.

Then… Dungeon Content and Design team was disbanded.

Bottom line.
For now and the foreseeable future There will be no changes to Dungeons. There are not going to be any new additions. There will be no Revamp or overhaul.

So you have a choice.
Learn and Get better. Instead of asking for a drastic Change to the Entire Game and its system. Why don’t you ask how you beat a specific encounter? Dungeons are not going to change any time soon. The only thing that can change and evolve is you and your own ability.

or.

You can go do something Else.

JefTheReaper.1075

I wasn’t calling you a noob. I was talking about the dungeon teaching guild [Noob]. It’s stickied at the top of this forum! But as I said you’ve already shot yourself in the foot with that one as most of the teachers are the people you’re arguing with in this thread.

Ah sorry, misread there,
even so, I don’t care wherever people here are teachers or not,
if they want to help and offer advice, sure, I will try to follow it and consider it,
but if they add sarcasm, hate, annoying backhand insults, sorry, I won’t show respect to that, I only show respect for people who can talk to me in a proper way, even if they are pro players, respect is a basic etiquette that goes for everybody.

Not to mention I already stated that matters little, this is a post for a suggestion, not a post to ask for tactics. Not to confuse anybody I will add I appreciate the helpful comments, but most of it is stuff I already heard and tried. trying to solo does not work in a dungeon like Arah.

what I AM asking, is why so many people seem to disagree with a change that won’t effect them at all in a bad way, and could even be beneficial, for everybody.

JefTheReaper.1075

I wasn’t trolling, I was referring to these:

my means is to kill anything in my path, PROPERLY play the dungeon instead of skipping true everything.

ah, for that I apologize then, I did not formulate it correctly, I will admit this is only my play style tough, but I admit I was neglecting the details here.
I do however suspect that it was not intended to just skip past all enemy’s tough, why would the dev’s place all those enemy’s there other ways? I mean you can also finish the dungeon and then refuse to open the reward chest, personally I just feel that is feels natural to take out all the mobs, they were placed there to fight, just as the final reward chest is placed there to open it.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Ah sorry, misread there,
if they want to help and offer advice, sure, I will try to follow it and consider it,
but if they add sarcasm, hate, annoying backhand insults, sorry, I won’t show respect to that, I only show respect for people who can talk to me in a proper way, even if they are pro players, respect is a basic etiquette that goes for everybody.

Not to mention I already stated that matters little, this is a post for a suggestion, not a post to ask for tactics. Not to confuse anybody I will add I appreciate the helpful comments, but most of it is stuff I already heard and tried. trying to solo does not work in a dungeon like Arah.

what I AM asking, is why so many people seem to disagree with a change that won’t effect them at all in a bad way, and could even be beneficial, for everybody.

Arah is solo’d all the time. By every class. I understand that dungeons are a step up in difficulty from the open world content that you’re used to, but they’re not impossible to solo. It doesn’t take 5 years in MMOs to learn to do this too. This is my first PC game and MMO, and after a few months of practice, I can solo Arah on 3 classes without “glitching” the AI or “exploiting” things. If, on thief, I stealth past mobs, is that considered and “exploit” by your standards?

I’m sorry OP, but if you want to solo a dungeon, learn your class, learn the dungeon encounters, and practice it. Fail, ask yourself why you failed, try again. Keep trying and you’ll get it. There are teachers that can teach how to solo a dungeon, but you have to swallow your ego and ask. Anet’s not going to change how the dungeons work. Sorry.

JefTheReaper.1075

the only thing stopping you from Running Dungeons Solo is yourself.

to answer way back when your original statement concerning a Dungeon Revamp.

The Original Content Development team that created the Dungeons of Guild wars 2 made 8 Dungeon Systems. being a “story” path. and 3 Explorable Paths. Barring Arah of course that has 4 explorable paths.

A few months into the game they Release Fractals of the mists. as well as 2 Single path Dungeon Instances, Being The Molten Weapon Facility and The Aether blade retreat. The two single paths were temporary Content only to persist for 2 weeks. each and then were removed. Fractals of the Mist Still Exist to this day.

Then… Dungeon Content and Design team was disbanded.

Bottom line.
For now and the foreseeable future There will be no changes to Dungeons. There are not going to be any new additions. There will be no Revamp or overhaul.

So you have a choice.
Learn and Get better. Instead of asking for a drastic Change to the Entire Game and its system. Why don’t you ask how you beat a specific encounter? Dungeons are not going to change any time soon. The only thing that can change and evolve is you and your own ability.

or.

You can go do something Else.

See this is a actual helpful reply in a immeasurable size,
why did nobody else first state the dungeon team does not exist anymore,
if there is no group in the development team to alter dungeons, upgrade them and make more, then obviously my suggestion is pointless.
This is indeed a valid reason why this change would never work, as nobody could make it in the first place.

Its a shame tough, but it explains why the dungeons have been so static for so long.
I guess the only solution is then to try then is to just pick one of my characters to become a dungeon runner when I get it at 80… kinda disappointing but if there is no other choice then its the only sound choice.

Thank you for the reply

AdaephonDelat.3890

Ah sorry, misread there,

Eh couple of points here -

Firstly the reason you are met with so much sarcasm etc. is because people post the same suggestions over and over again without fully understanding the mechanics behind everything. By your own admission you think that dungeons require gear etc. They don’t. I’ve done Ascalon Catacombs on low level characters kitted out in blues/greens (generally below my level) and can still complete it quite easily. Why? Because I know the mechanics etc (I’ve levelled a lot of characters in that darned dungeon).

Secondly people can solo Arah. Purple Miku (posted earlier about walls of text) is one person I know of in this thread who can. I’m guessing quite a few members of [rT], [DnT], [SC], [iV] etc can do it.

Hell I ain’t even that great a player and even I can solo some of the low level stuff.

AdaephonDelat.3890

Fixing forum bug >.<

Zui.9245

“trying to solo does not work in a dungeon like Arah.”

Good point (?), let’s examine this for a second. Arah has a story mode and four paths…

Story mode: Soloable, except for the minor and near-irrelevant gate at the start, which requires 1 other person to just stand in place for awhile.

Path 1: Soloable, except for the tar boss, which requires 3 other people to spawn the boss.

Path 2: Entirely soloable.

Path 3: Entirely soloable.

Path 4: Nearly entirely soloable. One boss, Simin, will require you to merely have a friend to speed up the kiting of some mobs into circles; an extremely minor part of the path.

JefTheReaper.1075

Ah sorry, misread there,

Arah is solo’d all the time. By every class. I understand that dungeons are a step up in difficulty from the open world content that you’re used to, but they’re not impossible to solo. It doesn’t take 5 years in MMOs to learn to do this too. This is my first PC game and MMO, and after a few months of practice, I can solo Arah on 3 classes without “glitching” the AI or “exploiting” things. If, on thief, I stealth past mobs, is that considered and “exploit” by your standards?

I’m sorry OP, but if you want to solo a dungeon, learn your class, learn the dungeon encounters, and practice it. Fail, ask yourself why you failed, try again. Keep trying and you’ll get it. There are teachers that can teach how to solo a dungeon, but you have to swallow your ego and ask. Anet’s not going to change how the dungeons work. Sorry.

I really have problems using exploits as my standards, Its just something I can’t stand, unless the game specifically makes clear shortcuts that you can use then there is no problem. I mean if for example (as very blunt example) a world boss would get stuck and I would be the only player around and I would kill it (just a example, I know its impossible in various aspects) Then I could reap the reward for doing basically nothing at all, it just feels wrong to cut corners in such a way.

as for my ego, I simply am who I am, most people are quit to change themselves just to go with the group, its not wrong for me to be true to myself unless there are really no options left, due to the other post recently revealing to me that nobody in Arenanet is in charge of renewing dungeons, or making new ones, my choices were exhausted and I simply have to alter myself now yes. Please don’t confuse my strong conviction with my ego, I simply try to measure my possibility’s, considering a mmo world always changes with each update, I did not feel a change like this would be outrageous at all. Up to now nobody still has given me a valid reason why this system would be bad for them.

I date to bet that (if) this system would have been made, the complaints would die out in less then a few weeks after people realized nothing changed for them at all, and rather gave them more possibility’s. more freedom is (usually) better.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

I really have problems using exploits as my standards, Its just something I can’t stand, unless the game specifically makes clear shortcuts that you can use then there is no problem. I mean if for example (as very blunt example) a world boss would get stuck and I would be the only player around and I would kill it (just a example, I know its impossible in various aspects) Then I could reap the reward for doing basically nothing at all, it just feels wrong to cut corners in such a way.

as for my ego, I simply am who I am, most people are quit to change themselves just to go with the group, its not wrong for me to be true to myself unless there are really no options left, due to the other post recently revealing to me that nobody in Arenanet is in charge of renewing dungeons, or making new ones, my choices were exhausted and I simply have to alter myself now yes. Please don’t confuse my strong conviction with my ego, I simply try to measure my possibility’s, considering a mmo world always changes with each update, I did not feel a change like this would be outrageous at all. Up to now nobody still has given me a valid reason why this system would be bad for them.

I date to bet that (if) this system would have been made, the complaints would die out in less then a few weeks after people realized nothing changed for them at all, and rather gave them more possibility’s. more freedom is (usually) better.

I’m sorry, but after 2+ years with no new content (other than Aetherpath), the dungeon community would disagree with you. People want to get dungeons over with as fast as possible. My guild leader made an LFG for no stacking, and you can do the same with no skipping as well, if you consider that an exploit. You can add in a “full clear” option as well. It’ll take time to fill, but you’ll find like minded people.

The freedom is there, you just have to be good enough to enjoy it, just like there is freedom in playing Rachmaninoff’s 2nd piano concerto, but if I can only play “Heart and Soul” on the piano, I can’t take advantage of that freedom.

This goes back to my original point: Learn your class, learn the encounters, figure out how to deal with the encounters with your class. You can solo the dungeons, you just have to learn how. Good luck, and don’t give up. The rewards, personal rewards, not in game, are worth it in my opinion.

JefTheReaper.1075

Ah sorry, misread there,

Firstly the reason you are met with so much sarcasm etc. is because people post the same suggestions over and over again without fully understanding the mechanics behind everything. By your own admission you think that dungeons require gear etc. They don’t. I’ve done Ascalon Catacombs on low level characters kitted out in blues/greens (generally below my level) and can still complete it quite easily. Why? Because I know the mechanics etc (I’ve levelled a lot of characters in that darned dungeon).

Secondly people can solo Arah. Purple Miku (posted earlier about walls of text) is one person I know of in this thread who can. I’m guessing quite a few members of [rT], [DnT], [SC], [iV] etc can do it.

Hell I ain’t even that great a player and even I can solo some of the low level stuff.

well to me gear shows a significant difference, If I enter a dungeon alone without armor or at least a very low set with low weapons, I can’t even scratch a opponent, leave alone I will be one hit ko. while with my current gear is not the best, it will protect me against quite a few blows instead of getting one hit killed. and the damage (tough in my eyes still low) does a lot more then just tickle the opponent.

yes the only option left is to just completely ruin my build, most likely trade in my gear for other more expensive gear and so on to just adjust my char to specific dungeon preferable.

secondly, I suspected as much, most likely almost everybody here on this forum is a great player, that’s how that song goes for every mmo,
I can’t compete to that, I lack the time, I respect people for being able to do that, I just dislike it when some are smug about it, pride is fine, smug is a different case, I’m just unable to believe somebody can learn to run a dungeon solo without going completely pro and dedicating most time to this game.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Heres your problem. In dungeons the trash mobs are elites which are a step above the veterans you find in open world. They are supposed to be reasonably hard to kill and quite dangerous. They are designed for 5 man groups to take on. Some of them you can split and fight each elite 1 on 1. Thats your best bet when soloing if you insist on clearing. The other solution would be to stock up on various consumables such as perma stun items etc. But then thats definately not your style as you are against skipping. Generally in solos you do clear some mobs but most of the large packs you will skip. You only kill groups near bosses where you might need the extra space.

If you want to clear everything then your only real solution is to create a group on the LFG asking for no skipping.

JefTheReaper.1075

I’m sorry, but after 2+ years with no new content (other than Aetherpath), the dungeon community would disagree with you. People want to get dungeons over with as fast as possible. My guild leader made an LFG for no stacking, and you can do the same with no skipping as well, if you consider that an exploit. You can add in a “full clear” option as well. It’ll take time to fill, but you’ll find like minded people.

The freedom is there, you just have to be good enough to enjoy it, just like there is freedom in playing Rachmaninoff’s 2nd piano concerto, but if I can only play “Heart and Soul” on the piano, I can’t take advantage of that freedom.

This goes back to my original point: Learn your class, learn the encounters, figure out how to deal with the encounters with your class. You can solo the dungeons, you just have to learn how. Good luck, and don’t give up. The rewards, personal rewards, not in game, are worth it in my opinion.

Yes I get why people who have been playing this a lot longer are not so fond of clearing a entire dungeon every day.

well I kinda disagree with the last part tough, “personal rewards”, if with that you mean the self satisfaction of clearing the dungeon,
I never had any feeling like that, whatever I build, in real life, achieve, or get in a game, I never really felt that. I don’t see the joy in succeeding in something I tried over and over, if anything I only get the feeling that I’m glad its over with,
I really don’t do a dungeon for any other reason then the gold, tokens and other stuff I loot. Its also why I don’t really care who is a better player or worse player, I’m not striving to the the best player around, I just want to collect the armor and weapon skins and finish the game’s basic story. Perhaps it sounds stupid, but its my way to play, in every game my main goal is finishing the story and collecting every piece of armor and weapon (but due to this being a mmo, I will settle with just my favorite armor and weapon skins instead, as getting them all will pretty much consume my entire life)

AdaephonDelat.3890

well to me gear shows a significant difference, If I enter a dungeon alone without armor or at least a very low set with low weapons, I can’t even scratch a opponent, leave alone I will be one hit ko. while with my current gear is not the best, it will protect me against quite a few blows instead of getting one hit killed. and the damage (tough in my eyes still low) does a lot more then just tickle the opponent.

yes the only option left is to just completely ruin my build, most likely trade in my gear for other more expensive gear and so on to just adjust my char to specific dungeon preferable.

secondly, I suspected as much, most likely almost everybody here on this forum is a great player, that’s how that song goes for every mmo,
I can’t compete to that, I lack the time, I respect people for being able to do that, I just dislike it when some are smug about it, pride is fine, smug is a different case, I’m just unable to believe somebody can learn to run a dungeon solo without going completely pro and dedicating most time to this game.

As I said you don’t need to change your build or gear (well upgrading it maybe a good idea depending on what you’re running). I’ve done most of the sub lvl 70 dungeons using level appropriate characters wearing whatever gorram gear I’ve managed to get a hold of and still managed to complete them. The thing you need is knowledge of the paths and mechanics. Easiest way to get that is to ask other people to teach you.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Rachmaninoff’s 2nd piano concerto is fantastic

Zui.9245

Fixing the forum bug.