Suggestions wanted: fractal currency sinks

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I know this isn’t quite a new sink, but since Anet might be reading this thread: Infusions with concentration and expertise on them. Every other stat in the game is availiable on infusions, so let us get the last ones as well.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Apparently, with the expansion there will be 25 slot bags. I would like to see 25 slot bags being sold by BUY-4373 in the Mistlock Observatory. I would pay 1000 Relics for one.

‘Apparantly’?
First I heard of it, where did you get that?
No google sources on it

There were runes you could get in the beta indicating there will be bag with 25 slots.
I doubt that we will be able to get them for 1k relics because that would be too cheap according to the prizes we’ve seen in the beta. But there is hope that prices will be tuned down – the rune had a value of over 100g.

Legendary backpack, a consumable that turns the first default 20 bag into a 26 bag; random idea
(I’d be annoyed with 25 because then you cant have even rows)

You can have even rows with packs of any size if you “hide bags”.

Then everything becomes a big block where items haphazardly distribute themselves around
:p

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Apparently, with the expansion there will be 25 slot bags. I would like to see 25 slot bags being sold by BUY-4373 in the Mistlock Observatory. I would pay 1000 Relics for one.

‘Apparantly’?
No google sources on it

There were runes you could get in the beta indicating there will be bag with 25 slots.
I doubt that we will be able to get them for 1k relics because that would be too cheap according to the prizes we’ve seen in the beta. But there is hope that prices will be tuned down – the rune had a value of over 100g.

Legendary backpack, a consumable that turns the first default 20 bag into a 26 bag; random idea

Then everything becomes a big block where items haphazardly distribute themselves around

Not for me. You must not be making use of different types of bags.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Amaimon.7823

‘Apparantly’?
No google sources on it

Not for me. You must not be making use of different types of bags.

because i’m using a variety of bags.
public bag starts as the start, then the blue/green weapons start somewhere, then the rares, then the junk, then the crafting mats, then the hidden bags, etc, if I make it all one big block items distribute all over the place….

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

i would only like from bag UI to hide the bars with bag names, while preserving the status of my bag space instead of mashing all squares together resulting in one line of 2 separate bags

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

There’s lots of good discussion here, thanks guys I’ll be working on an internal pitch for specific changes based on player feedback soon. There’s a lot of variables at play so I’m not sure yet which changes are actually feasible when we take everything, particularly economy, into account.

Posted by: RiverStyx.3276

RiverStyx.3276

Fractal legendary armor (doesn’t need to be a fancy skin – can just be stat swapping like the PVP / WvW ones) for PVE players who don’t want to raid. It can be STUPID expensive, but at least give players a way of getting it that does not involve them playing content they are not interested in (again – as they have provided for WvW and PVP players).

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

Fractal legendary armor (doesn’t need to be a fancy skin – can just be stat swapping like the PVP / WvW ones) for PVE players who don’t want to raid. It can be STUPID expensive, but at least give players a way of getting it that does not involve them playing content they are not interested in (again – as they have provided for WvW and PVP players).

The biggest concern with fractal legendary, even if it has no unique skin, is that raids is the source for PvE legendary armor, and we don’t want to diminish that.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The biggest concern with fractal legendary, even if it has no unique skin, is that raids is the source for PvE legendary armor, and we don’t want to diminish that.

That said i don’t think anyone would complain about a fractal style armor set assuming you guys can spare the artist and resources to do it.

Amaimon.7823

Fractal Armor
Happened to find this one just now.

I personally don’t care if it’s legendary, but we need fractal armor

Attachments:

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

That said i don’t think anyone would complain about a fractal style armor set assuming you guys can spare the artist and resources to do it.

That is the real question. Armor sets are surprisingly expensive in terms of developer cost.

We just need to delete charr first…

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Can add some enrichments to relics vendor.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enrichment
We lost an ar slot because of them. :<

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

That is the real question. Armor sets are surprisingly expensive in terms of developer cost.

You have it backwards, just need to delete the non-charr so we can finally have proper tail armor.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

HoT legendary weapons are popular and don’t diminish core legendaries. the acquisition is the same, especially after yall ditched those really work intensive collections. but now we have options and each weapon type can serve a broader base. 3 armor weights with 3 classes each leaves a lot of room for lofty goals and varied aesthetics.

unless you mean yall think it’ll diminish the community by giving alternate methods and it could kill off raids since they require so much more coordination. thats totally possible. I personally don’t see myself raiding much now that wvw has it and maybe that’s what anet fears… well too late now. putting it in fractals too would definitely be another nail in the coffin for me.

options are good. it’s a theme park mmo. mo options mo betta.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So, does that mean that Raids, instead of being a side content for people that want more challenge out of the game, are now considered to be a pinnacle of all PvE, placed above all its other forms?

(not that i see any value in raids being the only source of legendary armor, so i’m not really sure how having another pve legendary set could diminish that zero value)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Or you add Tengu which have (iirc) a close backbone to make profit of the time spent on Charr

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think your metrics will agree with us that enough people play Fractals regularly to make a core-available armor set available through Fractals as the ultimate prestige item in the mode (and relic sink)! This is probably the #1 thing I have hoped for as a reward in the game mode above all else. It shouldn’t be legendary so it isn’t competing against raid rewards, but just having a unique skin would be killer rewarding.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Then a unique skin for fractal ascented armor? Everyother part of the game has its own armor why not fractalz? Even if its asc only, judging by the fractal weapons/ backpiece design it could turn out to be amazing.

Nvm i didnt see the “delete charrs” comment. Eh w/e delete them. :p

(But seriously fractal asc armor would be a fantastic reason to play fractals and get mor eplay time out of them for veterans).

(edited by zealex.9410)

TexZero.7910

Can add some enrichments to relics vendor.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enrichment
We lost an ar slot because of them. :<

Actually a good idea, I don’t typically use an enrichment due to acquisition methods being something i’m none to fond of. However, if i could spend pristine’s /relics on them i likely would.

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

I don’t know if Ben will be back later, but here are a couple more ideas I was able to cook up both as single purchase and smaller purchase/comsumable options.

1. Home instance tier 4 chest (someone’s idea but I want to second it!!!)
2. A banner (like a guild MF banner) that can only be placed/used in the mistlock observatory that gives a modest increase of drop chance when opening fractal boxes. (or some other limitation mechanic so it is only usable for that party)
3. Currency exchange gizmo much like the Heart of thorns one that exchanges fractal relics for Festival Tokens no longer available to use at the Festival vendor in LA.
4. Some mechanic/vendor option to blend 1 Mist Offensive Potion, 1 Mist Defensive Potion, 1 Mist Mobility Potion into a single Mist Omnipotion for 5 fractal relics.
5. Stat selectable/reset accessories (comparable to the bloodstone trinkets), would prefer the option for HoT & PoF stats available but would like this even if only core stat options were available without HoT/PoF.
6. I second the option for a 25 slot bag, which should be appropriately expensive
7. fractal logging axe/pick/sickle comparable to the unbound magic & frostbitten ones already available elsewhere that rewards very minor amounts of a currency (Karma?)
8. Enrichments for ascended amulets with unique auras,
9. An enrichment that gives a minor increase to fractal relic awards 10%? (much like the guild map bonus)

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Posted by: DyNasty Royal.6401

DyNasty Royal.6401

I really like a lot of these ideas that people have thrown around, especially food and a proof of heroics like item, but by far my favorite idea is mystic clovers. Even if they cost a lot of relics and were timegated to daily pristines it would finally put a reliable source in PvE. Clovers are currently guaranteed from reward tracks in PvP and WvW, but aren’t guaranteed from any source exclusive to PvE. The best part about clovers is that they minimally impact the economy. Clovers can not be traded, most of the items they craft into are account bound and gen 1 legendary prices fluctuate more with flavor of the month and their other components, and the items used to craft clovers would still be valuable for their many other uses.

Even if clovers don’t work out to be the best solution, I think it’s valuable to remember why this issue was brought up in the first place, the solution must be something that players want to buy again and again. If items like unique skins are introduced for people to spend relics on, there is no incentive to repeatedly buy them and after people spend the relics on that then now what do they get?

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

like a said before i will love fractal armor legendary or no idk, but if you want to make another set of fractal weapon plssssssss not the same weapon with different color like you did with the golden fractal weapon -_-

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Posted by: Incognito.3529

Incognito.3529

Suggestions Time!

Fractal food: Recipe’s obtainable from BLING9000, some of components (or just single component) can be found in daily recommended fractals (in order to make them a bit more interesting for t4/CM runners) or bought for relics.

While mist food working in Tyria, stats of this food scales based on your AR level, but only in FotM.
Example: Bowl of Mysterious Mist Chicken Soup: 60 power, 60 ferocity, 10% more experience and karma. With 150AR it will look like 150 power and 150 ferocity, 25% to karma and exp.

Additional effects unlocks at 150AR such as – (one effect per food, not all in same time).

• Dodge Jumps now leap finisher (or any other finisher, if its possible to implement).
  • When your HP drops to 10%, stun break and gain Feline Protection buff (Unique buff from one of Cat Golems in Uncategorised Fractal) for 2 seconds with big iCD.
  • If one of nearby allies in down state, gain 3 seconds of quickness and increased revive speed.

Let us build little cooking station on one of isles in Mistlock Observatory (also relic sink).

Guild Hall Decorations:

I was hoping to get new solid ocean decorations with Shattered Observatory release, since there was nothing new about guild halls, how about let us craft few new decorations in future releases like -

• Solid Ocean Pillars (crystal and normal variant)
  • Solid Ocean Walls (same here)
  • Mist Waterfall (like Caudecus Manor statue decoration from Lake Doric buttler merchant or CM dungeon) Expensive.
  • Orb of Power (Glowing ball from new fractal/mistlook sanctuary, not moving, just floating), possible 2-3 sized versions? Very expensive!

Fractal Outfits

Since making outfit less expensive than armor, how about 2 outfits (one of them will have a look between light and medium weight class archetype and second between medium and heavy class). If, in next year or two, you guys don’t have any plans regarding fractal armors, then outfits.. they fine too.

Mist Infused Weapons

White/grey Anomaly focus skin with some mist effect around, relatively easy to make and it will make people who like unique looking focus skins very, very happy.

PLEASE? REALLY BIG PUPPY EYES.

(edited by Incognito.3529)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

like a said before i will love fractal armor legendary or no idk, but if you want to make another set of fractal weapon plssssssss not the same weapon with different color like you did with the golden fractal weapon -_-

Actually, few more colors would be nice, as long as it would be just coloring, and not the changes to texture itself (like it happened to gold ones).
…it’s the old, old problem of weapons not being colorable striking again.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Just FYI, but the WvW and PvP legendary armors can be obtained through regular PvP and WvW play if you put in the time. Yet PvE leg armor forces you to raid. I can’t help but feel that one of the driving reasons why PvP and WvW leg armors were even introduced is because people don’t want to be forced to play certain types of content in order to obtain the QoL of leg armor, yet primarily PvE players are still forced into raiding to obtain it. In that light I don’t think its that unreasonable for players to expect fractals to get leg armor, since its much more relaxed than raids are.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

In that light I don’t think its that unreasonable for players to expect fractals to get leg armor, since its much more relaxed than raids are.

And open world PvE as well, since there are many players who have no interest in ANY form of organized group content. There is absolutely no reason why raids should be a source for PvE legendary armor.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

I wouldn’t mind a rare chance at mystic clovers from T4 daily boxes. Just sayin… Bring forth the Fractal Minis. Mini Arkk, Mini Dessa, Mini Yokko, Mini Blingtron, Ect Ect.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In that light I don’t think its that unreasonable for players to expect fractals to get leg armor, since its much more relaxed than raids are.

And open world PvE as well, since there are many players who have no interest in ANY form of organized group content. There is absolutely no reason why raids should be a source for PvE legendary armor.

There absolutely is a reason, you just don’t support it.
(For the record, I’m not a fan of ANet’s choice to have only one set of legendary skins in the game and make them only obtainable in one area. But I don’t question that they feel that Raids needed an epic reward beyond the usual stuff one can get at any vendor.)

TexZero.7910

I wouldn’t mind a rare chance at mystic clovers from T4 daily boxes. Just sayin… Bring forth the Fractal Minis. Mini Arkk, Mini Dessa, Mini Yokko, Mini Blingtron, Ect Ect.

I’d rather them not add more to the T4 table when it comes to common items like clovers.

There’s already an abundance of ways to get them that are all pretty nicely tuned and adding them to T4 isn’t a currency sink, it’s just more bloat on the loot table.

Ohoni.6057

If raids are something people want to do, then there is no need for it to have a unique reward.

If raids are not something that people would want to do without a unique reward, then they are doing a disservice to their customers by bribing them into playing it.

done by now.”

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

If raids are something people want to do, then there is no need for it to have a unique reward.

If raids are not something that people would want to do without a unique reward, then they are doing a disservice to their customers by bribing them into playing it.

No, as a raider you do raids for fun and the reward. For me both is needed because my raid motivation is lowered after having cleared all wings the first time. Afterwards you get nothing which is like playing fractals (not lvl 40 farm) or dungeons twice or more per day which almost nobody is doing. On the contrary you can play Tarir/DS or the mentioned fractal 40 over and over again to get rewards + a lot of gold and that’s what the majority of players is doing. And even there are exclusive rewards like Leystone armor or Auric weapons.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Let me buy mystic coins with fractal relics (100) and pristine fractal relics (10).

Illconceived Was Na.9781

On that basis, there’s no need to have rewards for any content in any game ever. If dungeons are what people want to do, there’s no need to reward them with (formerly unique-to-dungeon skins). If WvW is what people like, there’s no need to add unique skins there either.

But the fact is that commercially successful game include fun content that also feels rewarding to participants, including epic rewards for challenging content. That is absolutely a reason and you just happen to disagree with it.

Ohoni.6057

No, as a raider you do raids for fun and the reward. For me both is needed because my raid motivation is lowered after having cleared all wings the first time. Afterwards you get nothing which is like playing fractals (not lvl 40 farm) or dungeons twice or more per day which almost nobody is doing.

If that’s how you feel then you shouldn’t keep doing them. Play what you enjoy.

On that basis, there’s no need to have rewards for any content in any game ever. If dungeons are what people want to do, there’s no need to reward them with (formerly unique-to-dungeon skins). If WvW is what people like, there’s no need to add unique skins there either.

Exactly.

You want rewards in the game in general to make players feel rewarded for playing this game instead of any other, but so long as players are in game and having fun, it shouldn’t matter which activities they are doing, and there’s no reason for ANet to say “play this mode instead of that one, you’ll get a fancy unique skin for doing so.”

done by now.”

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Exactly.

You want rewards in the game in general to make players feel rewarded for playing this game instead of any other, but so long as players are in game and having fun, it shouldn’t matter which activities they are doing, and there’s no reason for ANet to say “play this mode instead of that one, you’ll get a fancy unique skin for doing so.”

Sigh, no. People enjoy games in part because there are rewards; they enjoy their preferred mode more because there are unique rewards.

There are all sorts of rewards that are obtainable regardless of game mode and there are also rewards unique to the content. That makes for a more enjoyable game for most players.

So again, there’s a reason no matter how much you keep saying there is none. It just doesn’t happen to be a reason you support.

Ohoni.6057

Sigh, no. People enjoy games in part because there are rewards; they enjoy their preferred mode more because there are unique rewards.

Ok, and that works out for them, they get to eat their cake and have it too, but what about the players who want those rewards, but don’t prefer that mode? Do they just matter less?

There are all sorts of rewards that are obtainable regardless of game mode and there are also rewards unique to the content. That makes for a more enjoyable game for most players.

No, it makes the game more enjoyable for some players, when the rewards they want happen to line up with a gameplay mode they enjoy participating in. It works out especially well for players who enjoy all the gameplay types and can move between them at will. It does not work out for players who want certain rewards but are incompatible with the specific gameplay modes to which those rewards are attached, and most players would fall into that category at least some of the time.

What works out best is when all players can play whichever modes they most enjoy and get the rewards they want as a result.

done by now.”

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Returning to the actual topic of the thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6tn5oz/fractals_have_evolved_into_awesome_5man_instanced/

“Anet_Ben,
We won’t ever let you convert fractal relics in to gold, at least not at any profitable conversion, but I agree that we need more relic sinks. I’ve been focused heavily on content lately so have been slipping on QoL and systems. We’ll be paying heavy attention to suggestions here and on the forums regarding possible avenues for making relics more valuable.”

You heard the man, let’s have your suggestions!

I support:

• Reduced silver cost for obbi shards.
  • Fractal specific foods or recipes.
  • Invisible & ordinary 20-slot bags.

With other changes, I’d also support

• Mystic Clover: it shouldn’t allow people to get more than 2 faster than folks can with wvw/pvp reward tracks, so maybe also require journal pages or something of the sort.
  • Guild hall decorations (seems “lighter” on dev time than armor or weapon sets), but probably needs to go along with other decoration/scribe updates, too.

I don’t particularly support

• Mystic Coins — those seem fine as a limited reward, especially if you can get clover directly.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Requiring journal pages as a way to limit clover acquisition is a better idea than just having a strict daily time gate. I support that. One potential downside is that a few people may have hoarded journal pages for whatever reason and can just buy a ton of clovers up front, but since they have very limited use and are account bound I don’t personally see that as a problem.

I’d also like to say that I would much prefer to get clovers added instead of coins. Adding clovers would lower the demand for coins partially, and still go a long way towards making it easier to craft a legendary.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yeah, I’m not sure about what should be used to slow clover acquisition (to remain comparable to the reward tracks). “Journal pages” is a time gate that doesn’t look like a time gate and it adds incentive for people to do recommended dailies. While it’s true that some people have hoarded them (myself included), that surplus would probably run out for most people before completing a legendary (starting from 0 clover).

Posted by: SidewayS.3789

SidewayS.3789

So, fractal armor is off the table? We don’t want legendary fractal armor, we only want a specific armor for fractals (ascended) or just skins.A lot of peoples will be happy if you guys, would take time to create fractal armor. We already have weapons,backpack and the only thing missing, are the armors sets.
Like i said, we don’t want to diminish legendary armor through raid, we only want Fractal Armor (ascended) will be just perfect.
And as you can see here, there are already some good templates to go with it:
https://www.deviantart.com/art/Fractal-Armor-Concept-Heavy-version-653416638
https://www.deviantart.com/art/Fractal-Armor-Concept-652283747

[Main]Kappy Ry – Asura Guardian [~You are all,Bookahs !!!~]
[Second Main]Korvus Mistreaver – Charr Revenant [~I’m blind not deaf~]
[Third Main] Vladdz – Asura Engineer [~In due times, all will serve asura~]