TAFU being replaced by lolscarlet

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

After all, they don’t have Hrouda’s walls anymore.

walls made of bears

I’m watching the Dev’s video right now, you can’t skip cutscenes, which means you’ll probably waste 10 minutes worthy of doing something else listening to npcs that you don’t give a crap about. YESSSS. At 16:50ish he says “even our lovely group of coordinate people is having difficulties in keeping something alive”… and then i realize they’re killing normal mobs and no one pulled them together to allow cleaving, and he’s using scepter+gs mesmer… and now i’ve closed the video, what a bucket of kitten.

edit: here’s the link in case anyone wants to acquire brain cancer – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbVtyFap1Uc

I just found that on my own as I was bored as kitten and watching Youtube… First thing that caught my eye: 25k hp on a mesmer?? …oh lawrdy, and what he called “DPS”. …I do more DPS than that in full GIVERS gear …. ON A RANGER. Is he in full Sents gear?? I thought Mesmer was supposed to be atleast be on par with +Prec spec guardian. He only switched to the sword like once also…

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

I don’t mean to rip on the poor dev who abruptly posted (I forget his name) but I would like to add that this explanation he provided for axing F/U makes less sense than a chocolate kettle.

If all three of the original TA paths are “What if…” scenarios, why in the world is F/U singled out to be replaced by this new “canonical” version? All three should be equally valid candidates for being replaced. If TA’s paths all started from the same plot thread then there’s no reason whatsoever to hone in on F/U over the the others. The mind truly boggles.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Path F/U is being removed?Really?If it’s true i’m not happy at all.
Why a whole path is being removed when only the last boss is buggy?The path as whole is good.Not too hard not to easy.
If Anet just made last boss to reset on a wipe and the path will be fixed.No more endless spider waves spawning.
I don’t agree with removing a whole path only because last boss is not made good.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I’m fine with replacing dungeon paths. Assuming replacement is actually much better. I don’t think we need multiple generic average paths.

It wasn’t a generic path. The sap/water spout challenge was unique to that path. The Vevina fight was also one of the most unique fights in the game (the fact that she used dangerous conditions meant that she was generally very different from most other bosses). The husk boss was pretty boring but the bees are actually a unique mechanic.

The problem with “replacing” is that it’s not necessary. They could just leave the three existing paths and have for options. When the “replacement” could simply be an “addition” it’s hard to see why they are outright removing a path that did have unique gameplay and value.

The final boss was a total mess (and all three paths have a terrible final boss fight) after the “tweak” they made to it. It needed to be balanced, not removed.

All paths are more or less generic meaning you can apply same simple tactic and win. There is no need to really understand anything.
For example that water thingy with insects. There are lots of encounters like that where you first wait and then move fast. Anything unique it has gets destroyed by its low difficulty,
And the bees don’t do anything (some low damage). No one would notice if that attack disappeared from game.
Vevina actually is quite nice and so is the Nightmare Tree (without bugs of course).

But there’s still room improvement and that’s what I’m expecting from the new dungeon path. I will start complaining once I have actually seen how it goes.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Why delete it at all?

Why could they not add it as a 4th path?

Would that really be to much to ask?

If they had give 2 weeks notice that path would have been played a lot in the last 2 weeks, as one final hooray…

Yet another awesome, fantastic decision by Anet…

Looks like they are giving us new permanent content but deleting other permanent content to make room…

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I’m watching the Dev’s video right now, you can’t skip cutscenes, which means you’ll probably waste 10 minutes worthy of doing something else listening to npcs that you don’t give a crap about. YESSSS. At 16:50ish he says “even our lovely group of coordinate people is having difficulties in keeping something alive”… and then i realize they’re killing normal mobs and no one pulled them together to allow cleaving, and he’s using scepter+gs mesmer… and now i’ve closed the video, what a bucket of kitten.

edit: here’s the link in case anyone wants to acquire brain cancer – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbVtyFap1Uc

The mesmer ate a godkitten veggie pizza and, instead of a dungeon slaying potion, a tuning crystal. A motherkittening tuning crystal. Brain cancer? more like we’re at the terminal metastasis stage.
A long as content can be “completed” by such teams it will never be taken seriously.
The lack of a trinity hurts this game in that it seems the vast majority of players, even anet employees, don’t know how to gear up properly if they’re not forced into a particular role. You don’t see the player base going 10 tank group in other MMOs. GW2 is the only mmo where you can make a pug and everyone in the group is playing a tank build. Or builds that just make complete zero sense like confusion mesmer in PVE which is what this guy seems to be playing ( let’s put confusion on him )

Which means that dungeon encounters are balanced around the idea that even this kind of cancerous group can complete them. I don’t like trinity systems but it doesn’t seem like a MMO can do without because if you don’t force the player base into particular roles they’ll end up like gw2’s player base and to make that player base happy you have to push out even worse content.

Oh and remember every time someone complains about X or Y dungeon being too hard (like all the whining when AC was revamped). A group like the one you linked in that video managed to complete it or it wouldn’t have been released. How much worse are the groups that are complaining?

And I’m not against the thought of culling some of the useless path of the game when dungeons become too redundant but they removed the most fun TA path to replace it with something I don’t expect to ever run more than once if it’s anything like the molten facility and other living story trash. They should have removed up and just made the spider despawn at the end of TA F/U.
If there are dungeon paths in this game that need to be removed, HotW P2 and P3 would be the first on my list.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

You know what the real tragedy?

Those guys
-make the content
-balance the game
-are like the majority of playerbase, cause that’s the target player

We’re doomed.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Oh and remember every time someone complains about X or Y dungeon being too hard (like all the whining when AC was revamped). A group like the one you linked in that video managed to complete it or it wouldn’t have been released. How much worse are the groups that are complaining?

That’s what I’ve been saying about god kitten simin for about 9 months. If those merry folks were able to do it, how bad were the people who couldn’t?

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

Could you please stop interpret anything from seeing a dev playing the game? This is a kittening dev. He has no time to play the game. It’s pretty kitten stupid to assume them being pro or something.

Oh boy … flaming a dev for going any weird weapon combo is just shortsighted.

haviz.1340

You know what the real tragedy?

Those guys
-make the content
-balance the game
-are like the majority of playerbase, cause that’s the target player

We’re doomed.

I think he said that they created a super dungeon team! Wait for it.

haviz.1340

Could you please stop interpret anything from seeing a dev playing the game? This is a kittening dev. He has no time to play the game. It’s pretty kitten stupid to assume them being pro or something.

Let’s take a look at their, how he put it, “pro testers”. Not better at all.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I don’t really even know what to say at this point. I don’t even feel like trolling anymore. This is just beyond terrible and nothing will get done about the quality of players that test the content.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Nikaido.3457

That’s not flaming the dev for his terrible skills (although, while I don’t expect devs to have the best twitchy skills, I expect them to know better about their weapon selection since they are the ones responsible for the, you know, kittening class and skill balance.), but flaming the content. if someone like the guy in that video can complete the content whether you like it or not it DOES mean something about the content.

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

That’s not flaming the dev for his terrible skills (although, while I don’t expect devs to have the best twitchy skills, I expect them to know better about their weapon selection since they are the ones responsible for the, you know, kittening class and skill balance.), but flaming the content. if someone like the guy in that video can complete the content whether you like it or not it DOES mean something about the content.

Pretty much this. I wouldn’t say nothing if he said something like “the content is made for people that choose their gear and utilities accordingly, which means this group is in trouble”. Instead he called his group “organized” and assumed that every freaking guardian will die due to normal mobs that shoots projectiles, PROJECTILES FOR GOD’S SAKE.
I don’t really care if he has the time to play his own game or not, but at least they could do the testing in a half good group with a half good spec.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

Yeah, sure. This designer surely has anything to do with class or skill balance. No he has not at all.

Moreover … the content was not completed even nearly in the stream, although I definitely see where you’re coming from (and I agree). But tbh, I didn’t expect a hardcore path or something. I’ll wait and see first before I complain about how easy the path is, though.

ilr.9675

Yeah, sure. This designer surely has anything to do with class or skill balance. No he has not at all.

Moreover … the content was not completed even nearly in the stream, although I definitely see where you’re coming from (and I agree). But tbh, I didn’t expect a hardcore path or something. I’ll wait and see first before I complain about how easy the path is, though.

I think you’re kind of missing the point here though. This isn’t about expecting MLG Reflexes and perfect team synch spikes. This isn’t even about Elitism. This is about BASIC …. KITTEN … MATH. I hate the elitism in this stupid forum more than anyone and I’ve taken too much crap from these posters like Nik as it is… But consider for a minute what the focus is here.

What their JOB is supposed to be. …. If people on the Wiki could easily make a better video just b/c they understand how to crunch the stats better, then these guys aren’t doing their JOBS. Their jobs, are to Trivialize their own content as much as they possibly can and THEN learn something from THAT. What are they doing instead?? Going in with downs helmets on and only talking about what they think they’ve learned (without going into a single specific). That’s not Design and understanding your own systems, that’s snakeoil marketing.

I hate to say it too, b/c the first little whiff of bad feedback on dungeons will probably send them reeling back to only making more easy-farm content for 5-year-olds who are just as easily amused by jingling keys … after we spend an entire year begging for them to so much as just look this direction every now and then…. And I really really wanted to be polite about this….

but this does seem like a new low. We were right to mourn Hrouda’s departure.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

its simple. first of all they have to kick the “pro testers”. and after that…
if devs dont even get past the first boss in a dungeon after days of trying, they simply need to turn the difficulty up 20 times and its fine.

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

There’s a difference between non-optimal and just plain stupid. The level of stupid a condi spec mesmer with scepter in a dungeon is equivalent to trying to hard carry a team in LoL with a philo stone and 5 warmogs. It’s not creative, it just bad. You have to either be trolling or not understand the mechanics of the game on any level to play a build like that. I don’t expect the devs to be perfect, but I expect them to have a basic understanding of their own game.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

There’s a difference between non-optimal and just plain stupid. The level of stupid a condi spec mesmer with scepter in a dungeon is equivalent to trying to hard carry a team in LoL with a philo stone and 5 warmogs. It’s not creative, it just bad. You have to either be trolling or not understand the mechanics of the game on any level to play a build like that. I don’t expect the devs to be perfect, but I expect them to have a basic understanding of their own game.

you still expect that after they added in the gold values for the end dungeon rewards?

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Does noone remember their “doing awesome” in molten facility, where it took them 4 times as long to kill the first trash than wethospu needed solo?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Meh as much as i hated the timegating in aetherblade and molten I actually quite enjoyed those dungeons. Im hoping this new path will be fairly decent aswell and wont have too much timegating. I still think they should change their decision and bring back TAFU though. Gonna miss Vevina

Posted by: diekthx.8743

diekthx.8743

This game really does suffer from the lack of trinity. :\ If the only thing worth playing is Zerker, ‘cause Zerker is just THAT good compared to everything else…well, then, there’s just no use for everything else in the game.
I prefer keeping the challenge alive, and not run the zerker build. Hell, my ele is a monk.
This game really just suffers from the lack of trinity, so everything is just….blah, because there’s no team work NEEDED to do anything. Just each person being somewhat competent to do EVERYTHING. Maybe not as fast as the ‘elitists’, but everything is still possible without any insight into team composition at all.
But then again, the trinity is the same thing that kills MMO’s. Play a class that isn’t tank/DPS/healer, and no one wants you in any of the game content.
The sad part of GW2 is that all you need is 5 Zerker DPS characters, and you are golden! Game done, over, fin. Lame sauce.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

This game really does suffer from the lack of trinity. :\ If the only thing worth playing is Zerker, ‘cause Zerker is just THAT good compared to everything else…well, then, there’s just no use for everything else in the game.
I prefer keeping the challenge alive, and not run the zerker build. Hell, my ele is a monk.
This game really just suffers from the lack of trinity, so everything is just….blah, because there’s no team work NEEDED to do anything. Just each person being somewhat competent to do EVERYTHING. Maybe not as fast as the ‘elitists’, but everything is still possible without any insight into team composition at all.
But then again, the trinity is the same thing that kills MMO’s. Play a class that isn’t tank/DPS/healer, and no one wants you in any of the game content.
The sad part of GW2 is that all you need is 5 Zerker DPS characters, and you are golden! Game done, over, fin. Lame sauce.

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. Or in the this case, “lame.”

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Nikaido.3457

What do you want to be then if you were not either a dps, a tank or a healer ? Roleplay a fisherman in dungeons? What the kitten is that sentence supposed to mean? I knew the play-as-you-want were filled with idiocy but this is reaching a new low. Idiotic players like you are WHY this game NEEDS the trinity badly, because without the trinity straightjacket, in a game that still has a concept of different gear type people get lost and completely forego the idea of a decent party composition that fits the game. In trinity based games if you weren’t filling a useful role expected by the party you’d get booted by E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E, not just the people you love to call elitist in this forum. GW2 is that carebear community that is welcoming anything at the cost of turning into a torrent of crap. Because there’s no trinity, but a huge variety of gear, idiots will use it and nobody fits an actual role since there are no real roles in this game beside dps in terms of gear (utilities can still support though).

In other games even the worst pug wouldn’t be without DPS-specialized builds in the group because the spirit of trinity completely permeates the community and makes sure they know about remotely decent party compositions. GW2 it’s the contrary, you can join a pug that is filled with 4 tanks. Hell, in trinity games tanks and healers are the rare roles, the ones that take the least amount of time to find groups for high end content, there isn’t a lack of people playing dps.

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I would seriously consider leaving if the trinity was introduced. With GW2 you can play any class, and as long as you’re geared properly and know how to play you can pretty much be as useful as anyone else.

The problem is, bads don’t want to create their own (proper!! not heal cleric guard, that does nothing!) roles in group content, they want them made for them.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Nikaido.3457

I would seriously consider leaving if the trinity was introduced. With GW2 you can play any class, and as long as you’re geared properly and know how to play you can pretty much be as useful as anyone else.

The problem is, bads don’t want to create their own (proper!! not heal cleric guard, that does nothing!) roles in group content, they want them made for them.

As haviz loves to put it, this game is ruled by metrics. Metrics say that most people use kitten gear, testers use kitten gear, which means, content is created/tailored for kitten groups. Ergo, the introduction of the trinity to this game would be an actual improvement no matter how much you hate the trinity (I don’t really like it either). Because it would enforce a straitjacket on that incredibly horrifying community, it would make the content better for it by not having to take into account the kind of group you can see in the TA livestream, or what we saw when they did the molten facility full livestream etc.

But this game will never have the trinity anyway. It would be a major overhaul, so big that you wouldn’t even recognize the game. There isn’t even a concept of single target heals in this game or serious aggro management.

http://youtu.be/vPQU-qTRMW0

This is the type of group the content is balanced around. Terrifying isn’t —-_ it?

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

^what Nikaido said.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

ITT: “Blah blah blah, TA F/U is Soooo easy!”
“It’s not broken, just challenging for us super-pro players.”
“That path is Faceroll, dirty casuals are ruining our game.”

And yet. Still no 3r2n runs. I guess you got out of it now, though.

When you are in the nursing home, reliving your glory days as a true dungeon master to the staff, you will remember this. You missed your chance to prove how easy this path was, and now that it’s gone, everyone knows how full of kitten you are.

Feel free to try it on the replacement path, though, I am sure you will claim it is just as easy.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

When you are in the nursing home, reliving your glory days as a true dungeon master to the staff, you will remember this. You missed your chance to prove how easy this path was, and now that it’s gone, everyone knows how full of kitten you are.

Feel free to try it on the replacement path, though, I am sure you will claim it is just as easy.

Oh you are back. Welcome!

Posted by: diekthx.8743

diekthx.8743

Tanks don’t exist in this game…because, well, why need it be, when you can run 5 dps characters and win everything? There are ‘other’ builds out there, that do just fine, just that no one wants them, because it ‘slows’ the game down too much.
Yes, there are kittenes out there who build crap that do jackkitten.
I don’t build crap that does jackkitten in groups…I’ve always been a team player in any type of game…I build my characters to be useful in groups.
But GW2 doesn’t care about those characters…because Zerkers can do it all themselves, anyway.
And as stated, no single targets heals, or the like, make this very dull in the long run.
I hear of a lot of players kicking thieves from dungeons runs, and engies from dungeon runs.
That’s what I mean by ‘other’ classes that no one wants to grab into the party. Same problem in GW1….running an assassin that wasn’t a/r, or a paragon was fine, but when it came to missions in groups…NO ONE wanted you, at all, period. Doesn’t matter how well you played.
The trinity takes away from those ‘other’ classes that are made to do other roles and fun things, but when the game is just more efficient by the numbers to play tank/healer/rest dps, why bother with the shenanigans that some players really enjoy playing?

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

darn was still looking for a 3 ranger 2 necro group on NA to do this path, well I guess I’ll never get around to in.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Stop the complaints already. You guys havent even tried the dungeon and are already going bananas over the Foward Up path being removed. Some dungeons can only be fixed by DELETING them!

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Stop the complaints already. You guys havent even tried the dungeon and are already going bananas over the Foward Up path being removed. Some dungeons can only be fixed by DELETING them!

We liked F/U. Vevina was a really nice boss, the Husk was okay, and the endboss was equally dull and easy as the other endbosses.

All that needed to change to the path was despawning the spiders upon wiping, other than that, it was fine.

But yeah, I guess it’s totally weird to complain when something you like gets taken away.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

haviz.1340

I guess we should delete crafting. And temple events. And Dead Story.

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Because TAFU is as bad as CoF P1, right?

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I liked it too, for the record.

But I’m sure vanilla WoW players liked Dire Maul. That doesn’t mean it would’ve been a good idea to try and use to bubblegum and duct tape to keep it among the game’s premiere dungeon experiences forever.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I wasn’t the biggest fan of F/U, and I’m still sad to see it go. I’d rather have it revamped then just… dumped.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

What would 3r2n prove? The path is easy for any party composition (I’ve 4 manned it) and the boss has been solo’d.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I’ll go ahead and admit that I wasn’t in any hurry to try do it with 3 rangers. The pets don’t dodge and if you want to chain reflects, it means you aren’t doing (much) damage.

I don’t think that means it wasn’t easy, mostly just that Pet mechanics need to be looked at and that Rangers were a detriment in that dungeon path.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I’ll go ahead and admit that I wasn’t in any hurry to try do it with 3 rangers. The pets don’t dodge and if you want to chain reflects, it means you aren’t doing (much) damage.

I don’t think that means it wasn’t easy, mostly just that Pet mechanics need to be looked at and that Rangers were a detriment in that dungeon path.

Sure, you wouldn’t be able to do the reflect method with that party comp. You have to adapt your strategy to what the party composition is capable of. This boss has been solo’d by at least an engi and ele, I thought it had been solo’d by a ranger as well.

ilr.9675

This game really just suffers from the lack of trinity

It’s not lack of trinity… it’s just lack of creativity. Look at mechanics in the first game that they could have easily “reinvented” here instead of just piling on big static Hitpoint bars. We’ve covered this whole issue pretty extensively by now. If the Devs haven’t learned anything from it then it’s time to get some new devs and fire the ones who are responsible for stuff we keep seeing in these Streams. Most of them could still be activating skills with their mouse and it wouldn’t impact their “performance” one bit if they understood the complete lack of depth their current mechanics hold. (or maybe that’s the whole point?? …let the conspiracies begin)

EDIT:

Oh look…. that didn’t take long:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/twilight/Dungeon-is-way-too-hard

Looks like we owe Swiftpaw a 6-pack already…

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

There was absolutely no reason to replace TAFU.

Allow me to explain why this is being removed…

you just made me burst out laughing at work … well played

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

Posted by: coronaas.4362

coronaas.4362

EDIT:

Oh look…. that didn’t take long:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/twilight/Dungeon-is-way-too-hard

Looks like we owe Swiftpaw a 6-pack already…

I had to stop reading after this genius chimed in …

Instances SHOULD NOT exist in a Massively Multiplayer Game no matter what name they have

The Big Bad Behr – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/coronaas

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

I’m just hoping to see some next generation clown cars

Having completed the path, I think you just got your wish

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

New path isn’t that bad, it’s actually nice, except it’s a nightmare with pugs, I think this new path is anet’s subtle way to tell everyone to stop pugging dungeons since the amount of coordination required is insane….

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

mosspit.8936

No it isn’t bad. But like you said, so many coordination parts. The mob hp I think is pretty acceptable. I will not be surprised if full zerk parties kill the last boss in 1 shield rotation (or even before it could setup the shield).

But infinite mob spawns mechanics are present. Hence “next-gen clown cars.”

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

No it isn’t bad. But like you said, so many coordination parts. The mob hp I think is pretty acceptable. I will not be surprised if full zerk parties kill the last boss in 1 shield rotation (or even before it could setup the shield).

But infinite mob spawns mechanics are present. Hence “next-gen clown cars.”

it’s a lot like the endboss in dredge fractals except easier for zerk parties because his melee attacks are weaker.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

mosspit.8936

Well almost similar. TA detonating a holo near it drops its shield after it puts it up. In dredge, u place debuffs on them.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Surely TA was ok on all paths except for the Nightmare tree? The Nightmare Tree should be revamped on all 3 paths as it a really dull fight on all of them, even discounting the TAFU snafu. It was graphically poor as well.

I too have no idea why a whole dungeon path would be removed. It would also break the three way story of the Vevina, Laurent, and whoever it was. Not the best story but there was at least a story.

This.

Giant stationary targets that wiggles and jiggles from time to time while spawned minions eat you up is the lamest thing this game ever had for a boss encounter.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I’m going to be ignorantly optimistic and hope that snafu is getting the permanent spiders fixed while it’s unavailable. Then will be returned as the fourth path/Scarlet’s replacement.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]