Teaching PUG CoE

Teaching PUG CoE

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Apparently berserker stats are unintended too.

Who said that?

Hm 1 hacker and 4 bystanders is much more likely!
Also there is only one console. This console has probably only one keyboard, with one enter key, one space key, etc. So a two-man hacking would be difficult.
We must consider the limitations of the processor of the console itself: is it dual core, can it bear two processor-heavy hacking processes at the same time?

Exactly. But those BHBs have no clue how to roleplay properly.

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Who said that?

I’ve seen quite a few posts at General discussion talking about how full zerk parties shouldn’t be able to complete content (lol), talking about retaliation and such. Nothing to do with this thread tho, that’s probably just him being cranky.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Who said that?

Hm 1 hacker and 4 bystanders is much more likely!
Also there is only one console. This console has probably only one keyboard, with one enter key, one space key, etc. So a two-man hacking would be difficult.
We must consider the limitations of the processor of the console itself: is it dual core, can it bear two processor-heavy hacking processes at the same time?

Exactly. But those BHBs have no clue how to roleplay properly.

:

So if a technique makes an encounter not challenging then it is unintended.

The technique being to equip berserker

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

The technique being to equip berserker

0/10

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

An “Azura” dude who doesnt know how to spell asura. Classic!

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

That’s because I am an introverted narcissist, I put Z everywhere
I am Zelyhn, a zelementalist azura. So zuck off.

[Yes mods, this is meant as a joke]

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Teaching PUG CoE

spoj.9672

Zunny zoke.

Teaching PUG CoE

Zelyhn.8069

Zunny zoke.

Zanks!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

zoinks

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

this thread is so cool

Oceanic [LOD]

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

how can some people not realize how tragically kittening dorky they are

Retired. Too many casuals.

Teaching PUG CoE

spoj.9672

Havent heard the word dork in a while lol.

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

The pillar strategy for CR in AC P3 is intended? I… never knew that. I had the assumption that the boss attack should hit all of the areas, save for the ones where the NPC casts a bubble upon.

The things you learn in this subforum…

Teaching PUG CoE

spoj.9672

The pillar strategy for CR in AC P3 is intended? I… never knew that. I had the assumption that the boss attack should hit all of the areas, save for the ones where the NPC casts a bubble upon.

People who use that exploit are just bad. Takes more time to pull than it does to run up to him and kill.

Teaching PUG CoE

Oxxy.7068

People who use that exploit are just bad. Takes more time to pull than it does to run up to him and kill.

Depends on it’s location in the room, actually.
Also, pulling it to the pillar enables the use of fiery rush to the wall, which is a big boost to overall dps. But hey, maybe fiery rush to the wall is also a expl- oh my god, being a non-braindead player is exploiting!

Teaching PUG CoE

spoj.9672

Hes usually by a wall anyway.

Teaching PUG CoE

Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Teaching PUG CoE

Oxxy.7068

They already did, the damage is still skyhigh, the damage was always skyhigh to be honest… and why am i still replying? Time to do something important, like taking a nap.

Teaching PUG CoE

Zelyhn.8069

Yeah but they are going to nerf it to the ground: they said the trail damage is unintended.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Yeah but they are going to nerf it to the ground: they said the trail damage is unintended.

RIP Eles, say hello to Necros for us

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Teaching PUG CoE

spoj.9672

Hai eles!

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Didn’t bother reading everything, but one thing I’d like to point out to Zelyhn is that he keeps blatantly misusing the law of large numbers… The law of large numbers is used in statistical mathematics, and dictates that no matter how small a chance is, if you repeat a process enough times, eventually, that chance will occur.

The funny thing is though that although you think your argument is so ‘logical’, you keep using the ‘appeal to the masses’ fallacy. You keep pointing out that because many people do/believe something, it must be true…

Now, I don’t like to be infracted, so I’ll leave the faiths of the world alone, although they would prove my point. I’d like to point to the fact that at a certain time a lot of people believed the world to be flat, or in North Korea, many people believe Kim Jong Un is the son of the son of a god-like man. Neither of these sentiments are true, yet many people believe them.

Stop using mathematical laws when you don’t know what they actually mean (and even such a simple one…)

Obligatory get it

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Teaching PUG CoE

Zelyhn.8069

Hmm
I studied statistics a bit and well, that’s not the law of large numbers!

I mean, come on, just use wiki…

Actually my argument is not mainstream, in fact it is against the belief of the masses. But being one against the majority does not make any statement valid anyway.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Hmm
I studied statistics a bit and well, that’s not the law of large numbers!

I mean, come on, just use wiki…

Actually my argument is not mainstream, in fact it is against the belief of the masses. But being one against the majority does not make any statement valid anyway.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Teaching PUG CoE

Zelyhn.8069

Something on your mind Swiftpaw?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I do find it interesting that any thread, no matter the subject, seems to delve into the whole exploitation/elitism debate. Its like everyone on the forums is biting their lip in anxiety for the next time they can bring it up.

As for Zelyhn’s original point, I do agree to a certain extent. As much as I like my battles to be hard and dynamic, I do hate having to constantly repair and run back. That is why I try to improve upon myself how good I am. But as I mentioned before in another thread, a year after release many of us have run dungeons so many times that it becomes routine.

The appeal of dungeons at the start of the game was the unknown: you didn’t know what was going to appear around the next corner, and you didn’t know how to solve the problem you were dealt with. Everything was new and innovative, and by inexperience everything was challenging. Now, things are so routine that you can run around in gear with literally no defense, and it doesn’t pose a problem at all.

Though I do suspect that the term “exploit” gets thrown around too much. Bosses weren’t always designed to have a particular method to defeating them, because there was no guarantee of group composition and build loadouts when facing that boss. So, instead they give the bosses and encounters different tools, and tell the player to figure it out. In this sense, as long as you are engaging the content directly, nothing is really an exploit.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

It isn’t so obvious that you are supposed to do the console hack 1-1-1-1-1, instead of 1-4 or 2-3. I would argue that you’re probably even given the option to do so intentionally, as ANet have had an entire year to change that console so that only one person can interact with it at a time.

But the highest my thief can count is twoooooooo.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

meh, LH is still good

Oceanic [LOD]

Teaching PUG CoE

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Also we could consider a role play factor

Great point. Have you ever seen a movie with 4 hackers and 1 bystander watching their efforts or 1 hacker and 4 bystanders? This is coming from someone who plays on RP server so I’m pretty experienced with that stuff.

These people have barely invented gunpowder. I think immersion is a non-issue in COE.