The Easiest Class (Statistically)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

NOTE: NOT A SERIOUS POST

Just for fun, I decided to see if warriors really were the easiest class. Spoilers: They’re not.

I took some plausible-looking warrior and engineer builds with different stat types and multiplied together DPS, Effective HP, and Effective Healing. In other words, one build may be considered easier than another because it is easier to deal high damage, while in other cases it may be considered easier because it’s easier to stay alive. The higher the ease rating, the higher the ultimate balance of stats (it’s DPS x EHP x EHealing / 1 billion).

Time/Effort Tradeoff is a function of loss of DPS versus gain in survivability (i.e. it takes more time to kill things but less effort). It’s percentage-based so it’s a slightly different number than the above which is based on absolute numbers.

Anyway, image is linked.
http://imgur.com/fWQPufA

As you can see, engineer is actually easier across the board to play than axe warrior, and the respective carebear specs (Adrenal Health warrior and Backpack Regen bombs engie) are always easier to play than full zerker. Knights is also easiest to play generally across the board, and Clerics is actually relatively hard to play, even coming out lower than zerker in one case.

So basically what I’m saying is that the cleric players are the most hardcore and zerkers are scrubs.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

10/10, you delivered.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I wanted to say, Guang, that while everyone jumps on you every time you post I am always impressed by your resilience.

I don’t understand the spread sheet. But I like posts that are jokes with numbers +1 to you.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Glad that you have fun

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Cmon, I came here to know which class is the best so I can get TVH gear, let it using #1 and alt+tab until monsters are dead and I’m still alive and shining

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

*rerolls to cleric’s engi*

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Cmon, I came here to know which class is the best so I can get TVH gear, let it using #1 and alt+tab until monsters are dead and I’m still alive and shining

Sounds like healing bombs.

It’s amazing that you put a joke I had in my head together, Guang, and with numbers, no less. Great minds think alike.

Defeated by packet loss.

(edited by TKiller.6829)

Dub.1273

The ironic part about it is that guang truly thinks warriors have very low survivability.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Time like this, lay down your pitchfork and enjoy the joke.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The ironic part about it is that guang truly thinks warriors have very low survivability.

Warriors on their own aren’t so great. They need to know to play. But warriors with some guardian support? Different matter entirely.

Dub.1273

Warriors on their own aren’t so great. They need to know to play. But warriors with some guardian support? Different matter entirely.

I’m not sure if there’s an easier or stronger profession for solo play.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

I’d have to disagree(about the not being so great on their own part).

I mean yes meta axe you might have some trouble with some bleed stacks but using something like hambow is not only highly self sustaining, its got CC and can synergize well with phalanx strength regardless of what stat archetype you choose.

You might not deal as much sustained damage in a corner strat but if people are running around like headless chickens you can certainly deliver group support and CC with hambow.

It sounds crazy I know but I’ve 3 manned that entire bandit room in CM with the two huge groups charging in without corner stacking them with a condi mesmer and a bunker engie, with me doing hambow, I think that alone should speak of something.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I mean yes meta axe you might have some trouble with some bleed stacks but using something like hambow is not only highly self sustaining, its got CC and can synergize well with phalanx strength regardless of what stat archetype you choose.

You might not deal as much sustained damage in a corner strat but if people are running around like headless chickens you can certainly deliver group support and CC with hambow.

It sounds crazy I know but I’ve 3 manned that entire bandit room in CM with the two huge groups charging in without corner stacking them with a condi mesmer and a bunker engie, with me doing hambow, I think that alone should speak of something.

Attachments:

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

http://i.imgur.com/h8I6ovO.gif

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

I … uh …

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

NOTE: NOT A SERIOUS POST

Please copy past this note on all your posts from now on

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

I’m not sure if there’s an easier or stronger profession for solo play.

Bearbow.

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Didn’t read, but numbers, so I dig.

Guanglai, if you’re a girl, will you marry me?

Can you post some stats on the necro? Kkthxbai.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

— snip —

— snip —

Yes I know it sounds crazy.

All I’m saying is that warriors can do some pretty mean things independently and can bring some nice things to the table.

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

— snip —

— snip —

Yes I know it sounds crazy.

Attachments:

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Have you considered sharing your work with NASA?

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

ok guys I know what’s going on. Here it is in terms that you hardcores can understand.

-GMB
edit: deleted so that I’m not farming tonight

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Dub.1273

ok guys I know what’s going on. Here it is in terms that you hardcores can understand.

-GMB

I love you.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: adam.8692

adam.8692

Ohh yes, it certainly says a lot!