The current state of Group Content

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: YaYa.5879

YaYa.5879

Well it’s been a while since now the expension was released, so let’s take a look at group content so far. I am going to divide this in 3 pargraphes: dungeons, raids, fractals

Dungeons:
Dead. It seems like, instead of allowing the players to have a certain liberty to do whatever they want in a Huge world full of content. Anet decided to force us to go to raids go to maguma, go to fractals, and stop Going to dungeons.
So they completely killed this content by Nerfing the rewards.
I loved dungeons, i could just loggin, pug, or go in with my guildies on TS and have a nice rewarding time.
But now no! Either fractals or raids.
So instead of playing in the entire central tyria (ascalon, the shiverpeaks, the forest of Caledon…) during dungeon runs (i sure miss them…) now you only need 2 wp, the one near fractals, and the one near the raids. The rest of central tyria is just for show

Raids:
I played raids many time. Each time i had to wait between 45 min and 1h30 for my party to be full and organized. Indeed, with raids, no LFG. Instead of giving us the option of going in a pug group or as an organized party, they force us to play as they decided: in an organized group.
So, it’s actually fun, i mean, i have waisted amounts of gold on utility and foods, and hours, trying and retrying (one time the vale guardian had 3% left…). And after all this time spent, didn’t succeed. I am not a noob nor am i an elite player.
Guild wars 2 is what i do after a long day of work. And i am certainly not gonna go back to raids, wait 1 hour (not playing the game)to organize a group, play over and over again, begging the gods for one of us not to F up. And after 4 hours give up…
HAHAHA AWESOME FUN LOVE THAT…
That’s gonna get old really quick

Fractals:
Played a lot of fractals the first weeks. only earned one ascended ring…
They have been saying that they are going to make changes on that, but after the patch of december 1st, i stopped holding my breath.

Conclusion:
Clap Clap Clap, good job Anet.
The expension has brought 2 changes on the way you do things:
-> Now we are forced to do stuff, otherwise no rewards
-> This game isn’t made for casual players anymore (i had to grind Hero points for 2 and a half week, to have my 7 elites… I don’t think that the average joe, who logs in just to chill out at the end of the day, will go thru all these hours of grind, and waiting).

This is really frustrating, HOT was on paper amazing, with awesome ideas. But the execution was so poorely made, that i can only wonder what could’ve been.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

1) Dungeon. They nerfed them for a reason. Either they don’t put any gold reward for raid and don’t buff gold reward from fractal, they add gold sink or they nerfed the gold reward from dungeon. They had no other option if they want to keep inflation in check and as a player you don’t want inflation to go crazy, that would be the worst possible outcome for us. That said, they could gave reward back in other form like material, token, rares, etc. In the end, people are kitten for now and occupied by the expansion. I tried dungeon again the other day and with a decent party you go WAY faster through them than we used to. The reward is still very good. People will calm down, finish their expansion and then people will want to get back into dungeon for the reward.

2) Raid are not for you that’s ok. Other people love it. I had so much fun wiping and learning the encounter.

3) The patch for fractal is either gonna be tomorrow or on december 15th. I never though that it could be on december 1st.

Conclusions : Dungeon are still there and they still have good reward. Anet didn’t do a great job on how they implemented the nerf. Fractal is a mess and they kittened it up for sure. But they acknowledged their mistake so let’s wait 1-2 weeks to see the patch and judge then. Raid are perfect for the target audience they are meant for. Some polishing for squad and LFG and the rest is only time as people get better at it. Leave it 1-2 months and we’ll see then what’s the situation with raids.

Average joe don’t grind for 7 different character dude. Average joe will probably have 1-2 character with near map completion and only need 1-2 hero challenge as they explore the new maps to unlock their elite.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

YaYa.5879

1) Dungeon. They nerfed them for a reason. Either they don’t put any gold reward for raid and don’t buff gold reward from fractal, they add gold sink or they nerfed the gold reward from dungeon. They had no other option if they want to keep inflation in check and as a player you don’t want inflation to go crazy, that would be the worst possible outcome for us. That said, they could gave reward back in other form like material, token, rares, etc. In the end, people are kitten for now and occupied by the expansion. I tried dungeon again the other day and with a decent party you go WAY faster through them than we used to. The reward is still very good. People will calm down, finish their expansion and then people will want to get back into dungeon for the reward.

2) Raid are not for you that’s ok. Other people love it. I had so much fun wiping and learning the encounter.

3) The patch for fractal is either gonna be tomorrow or on december 15th. I never though that it could be on december 1st.

Conclusions : Dungeon are still there and they still have good reward. Anet didn’t do a great job on how they implemented the nerf. Fractal is a mess and they kittened it up for sure. But they acknowledged their mistake so let’s wait 1-2 weeks to see the patch and judge then. Raid are perfect for the target audience they are meant for. Some polishing for squad and LFG and the rest is only time as people get better at it. Leave it 1-2 months and we’ll see then what’s the situation with raids.

Average joe don’t grind for 7 different character dude. Average joe will probably have 1-2 character with near map completion and only need 1-2 hero challenge as they explore the new maps to unlock their elite.

2/ Lol raids aren’t for me? It’s one of the new content of this 45€ expension and it’s not for me? It’s not smart to put something that 100% of player paid for, but only 5-10% can succeed in…
The casual players must feel left out

1/ no… You can still win a lot of gold doing the meta events, and they are going to add liquid gold to fractals. Which means that instead of cossing to gain gold in dungeons, we are forced to go to fractals to gain gold in party content.

Conclusion: stop thinking that the game is made for the elite 5% of the commuity. I don’t have 6 hours a day (1 of them just waiting for a party to be organized) to spend on a portion of a video game. I have a life, studies, homework. And i am not the only one who feels that, so it is possible that angry casual users just leave GW2, go to another game, and as a result gw2 would suffer the same fate as 90% of MMO’s = death
Because, no users => No money => no game.
For my part i’ve seen a lot of friends leaving the game since the expension and almost left it many times.

(edited by YaYa.5879)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

2/ Lol raids aren’t for me? It’s one of the new content of this 45€ expension and it’s not for me? It’s not smart to put something that 100% of player paid for, but only 5-10% can succeed in…

1/ no… You can still win a lot of gold doing the meta events, and they are going to add liquid gold to fractals. Which means that instead of cossing to gain gold in dungeons, we are forced to go to fractals to gain gold in party content.

Conclusion: stop thinking that the game is made for the elite 5% of the commuity. I don’t have 6 hours a day (1 of them just waiting for a party to be organized) to spend on a portion of a video game. I have a life, studies, homework. And i am not the only one who feels that, so it is possible that angry casual users just leave GW2, go to another game, and as a result gw2 would suffer the same fate as 90% of MMO’s = death
For my part i’ve seen a lot of friends leaving the game since the expension and almost left it many times.

Raid seem to not be for you because you don’t find fun to wipe, learn rinse and repeat. Whatever your level of skill you gonna wipe, learn rince and repeat. My group took 12 hours in 4 sessions to kill the first boss the first time with people swapping each time. What do you think that everybody doing the raid is getting it done at the first try? The majority if not everybody need to wipe for at least 2 hours to learn the mechanics. And that’s the fun part. If you don’t have fun doing that, then raid ain’t meant for you. Not because you can’t succeed, but because the core idea behind raid seem to be no fun for you. I dislike open world, I don’t cry because part of the game is about open World. The game can’t be 100% for everybody. 5-10% of player can succeed? I don’t know. But in my casual guild of 500 person, 60-70 guildmate succeeded at the first boss yet and the number if growing each week. Either with one of the 3 raid group in the guild or with pugs.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

>took me 3 hours to fully get my berserk elite in HoT, with literally 6/189 Tyria points
>dungeons are still there, no one forces you not to do them
>dungeons gave around 4-6 gold an hour BEFORE the nerf, half the activities in the game give around 10 gol / hour now EASILY

Sounds to me that you’re the average bad player that thinks he’s a veteran while he knows jack kitten about how the game runs. Sorry bro, your dungeons are still there, if you miss em, run em, no one is making you do anything else

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This game isn’t made for casual players anymore (i had to grind Hero points for 2 and a half week, to have my 7 elites… I don’t think that the average joe, who logs in just to chill out at the end of the day, will go thru all these hours of grind, and waiting).

I remember back when one had to grind 2.5 weeks killing the same mobs over and over just to gain a level. Now, getting expansion progression to unlock all new build options for seven characters in 2.5 weeks is grind. Times sure have changed.

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

“but only 5-10% can succeed in…”

Woah, hold your horses right there.

1. Without some type of harderish content, that 5-10% of the people who want harder content would leave the game ( and a lot of people already have ). So they came out with raids to keep 5-10% of the player base ( presuming you somehow had statistics on how many people completed it lol ) in the game for just part of a expansion and bring more people into the game who like that content.

2. Most people can complete raids, it’s just they refuse to get better.

But but but, one part of ton of different things you have to do in the expansion doesn’t suit me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

YaYa.5879

My god ! You guys go from topic to topic to shut every complaint up :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Thaddeus-4891/showposts
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Raizen-7981/showposts
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/TheFrighteningFrenchFry-3275/showposts

Are you Anet developpers? Do you do that because you can’t make causual player shut up as developpers so you do it as users?
Is it your job to criticize valid complains made by casual players who just want to have a good time?

Raizen.7981

There’s a HUGE difference between a valid post and a noob kittening about something irrelevant

YaYa.5879

There’s a HUGE difference between a valid post and a noob kittening about something irrelevant

And here it becomes… Either you are an elite player or you are a dumb noob…
Well it was fun while it lasted…

Raizen.7981

No. There’s 3 types. Elite, casual, and dumb noob. The problem is, every single dumb noob thinks himself as a casual, or worse, as an elite. That’s why the forums are littered with threads like “omg you can’t get gold in this game, economy sux, I barely get 50 silver / hour” while every one of us who isn’t kittened casually makes 5-10g+ / hour by doing fun stuff

YaYa.5879

By the way, just killed the vale guardian. So you’re argument is invalid

(edited by YaYa.5879)

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

By the way, just killed the vale guardian. So you’re argument is invalid

Good work, now clear the wing. Raids are for you after all.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

Posted by: FriendlyInvader.3126

FriendlyInvader.3126

The main intention behind the gold nerf was to disincentivize running dungeons, It was barely about it being “too rewarding”. This being my first MMO expansion, I was expecting it to build up on the current content we had, not butcher it.

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I understand they wanted to reduce incoming gold into the game, but idk why they wanted to actually de-incentivize players from going into dungeons. The new content itself should have its own set of rewards, why scrap the old ones? Why waste reasonably entertaining content?

What they should do to make dungeons worth doing (and why not?) is:
1)Increase tokens from dungeons
2) More importantly, add some more unique recipes or uses for the Offerings. Perhaps used in some new recipes that combine old mats with new. I think dungeons are fine even if they never get updated again, I don’t see why you guys would actively TRY to get people to stop playing content. It just makes it awkward.

best part is if they actually did implement recipes that used dungeon tokens, people would kitten about them going back and how impossible it is to get the item because no one runs dungeons.

I think it’s fine and even cool to have niche items in different pieces of content in the game. Monk’s runes fall into this category, currently.

[EG] is recruiting!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

You are forced to do fractals the same way you were forced to do silverwaste farm before dungeon nerf.

Silverwaste was always better over all gain in wealth then dungeons did everyone do it hell no.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

This game isn’t made for casual players anymore (i had to grind Hero points for 2 and a half week, to have my 7 elites… I don’t think that the average joe, who logs in just to chill out at the end of the day, will go thru all these hours of grind, and waiting).

I remember back when one had to grind 2.5 weeks killing the same mobs over and over just to gain a level. Now, getting expansion progression to unlock all new build options for seven characters in 2.5 weeks is grind. Times sure have changed.

God forbid you died and lost more exp that you gained that day.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yep, they did. Games now have more players than before – and most of the old players grew up.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

God forbid you died and lost more exp that you gained that day.

I played maplestory back in the days, getting 0.5% o 1% an hour, dying was 10% penalty, believe me, nobody has never been as scared of lags as I was.

I work 45 hours a week, yet still have time to get everything I want in GW2 without buying gems, if you play 5-10 hours a weeks and struggle to get ascended armor or masteries/hero point, its not the game that is the problem but your time management.

(edited by Trice.4598)

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well it’s been a while since now the expension was released, so let’s take a look at group content so far. I am going to divide this in 3 pargraphes: dungeons, raids, fractals

Dungeons:
Dead. It seems like, instead of allowing the players to have a certain liberty to do whatever they want in a Huge world full of content. Anet decided to force us to…

Yea, stopped reading here. You haven’t been forced to do anything. Dungeons are still there. The rewards aren’t as amazing as they were before, but they’re still there.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Are you Anet developpers? Do you do that because you can’t make causual player shut up as developpers so you do it as users?
Is it your job to criticize valid complains made by casual players who just want to have a good time?

Dang man, you came here to argue or just to vent? What exactly do you want from people?

As a casual player myself I’ll say I enjoyed raids. I only beat VG with a group of friends and tried a few times at Gorseval before running out of time. That was about a week and a half ago. I haven’t tried since and I won’t until about next week when I’ll have the time to put into it.

It’s a game. It’s nice to see you’re passionate about it but if you feel forced into content you don’t like, it would be best to re-evaluate why you’re playing in the first place.

If you still like dungeons, run them. I got tired of them months and months ago. I wasn’t upset about the nerf because it didn’t really affect me. I was a bit upset about fractal changes with toughness and rewards but I will still do them every few days and have fun with it.

Seriously, take a look at why you’re playing. You want to have a good time? Then have a good time. It’s not your job, it’s a game. It’s a hobby!

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Dungeons:
Dead. It seems like, instead of allowing the players to have a certain liberty to do whatever they want in a Huge world full of content. Anet decided to force us to…

Yea, stopped reading here. You haven’t been forced to do anything. Dungeons are still there. The rewards aren’t as amazing as they were before, but they’re still there.

Ok by that argument lets remove all rewards from raids. You guys don’t need rewards because the new content itself is a reward.

Group content in this game is crap. It’s raid or die at this point because dungeons and fractals are pointless outside of nostalgia. The december patch might make fractals somewhat relevant again but I’m not holding my breath.

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

Can the players who are NOT casual have ONE thing that we like to do? Is that so much to ask for? When I hear “casual” players complaining about not liking the raids, all I hear is “WHY DOESNT THIS GAME CATER ONLY TO ME” You are beyond selfish.

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

Dungeons:

Ok by that argument lets remove all rewards from raids. You guys don’t need rewards because the new content itself is a reward.

Group content in this game is crap. It’s raid or die at this point because dungeons and fractals are pointless outside of nostalgia. The december patch might make fractals somewhat relevant again but I’m not holding my breath.

Actually, I think the gold I lost on raiding (for food and stuff) is way higher than the reward I got from it. So yeah, basically right people are doing the raid because of the content, not because of the reward

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

Dungeons can be rewarding without creating new gold into the economy. Suggested before, but I guess Anet doesn’t care.

Fractals?? Are kitten after HoT, higher gold and ascended drops isn’t gonna change it gameplaywise.
Unless you Play for rewards, like most people.
Once you get your reward the bliss will stay 5 seconds and you start looking for another way to earn your rewards.
Instead of enoying the road towards your goal.
Not in these fractals for sure.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Dungeons can be rewarding without creating new gold into the economy. Suggested before, but I guess Anet doesn’t care.

They do care. Specifically, what they care about is making dungeons so unrewarding noone will be running them. If the current reward level is not enough to attain that goal, be prepared for further nerfs.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November