Things you wish every fractal pugger knew

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

We’re talking optimal setup and you’re still bringing a rev ?

Lets be real for a sec, no optimal 5 man needs a rev when the chrono can hit 100% boon duration by themselves freeing up that slot for another ele/theif/DH/or Reaper.

What about condi druid?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

We’re talking optimal setup and you’re still bringing a rev ?

Lets be real for a sec, no optimal 5 man needs a rev when the chrono can hit 100% boon duration by themselves freeing up that slot for another ele/theif/DH/or Reaper.

What about condi druid?

Would like still be more valuable in the context of an optimal 5 man than bringing rev, assuming the chrono is running 100% boon duration themselves.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

The thing is, revenant is actually pretty good in high level fractals because of the boonsteal instability. Whenever you loose fury, the rev can just reapply it.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Still failing to see how any of this makes them useless outside of scale 100….

Care to elaborate ?

Barely any group synergy. Lack of valuable buffs, not that great dps, conditions need time to ramp up. Reaper is easy to play, but outside of trin and 4 reaper+something buffing setup it’s not that great if you compare with classic rev+war+mesmer+2 tempest setup.

i suggest you try solo pugging t4 as anything and then as a reaper because you obviously havent. itll open your eyes.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I feel the anti necro sentiment is simply a relic of the dungeon meta and those who can’t let it go. 2nd reason I can come up with is that some players stuck to fractal 40 grinding and only did swamp past that. T4s are a whole different level in my opinion. Players need to let this mind set die out because it prevents them from getting any better. Our play styles need to adapt to the times or else we’d still be stuck doing terrible comps like 4 warrior 1 mesmer meta.

The old dungeon meta doesn’t work for every fractal encounter for various reasons. Some encounters don’t allow you to neatly stack, Some encounters require you to range for a bit, other encounters require you to move around, and more importantly nothing in the T4 range dies within the duration of optimal buffs.

I don’t play necro but I’m well read enough to understand that they play a valuable spot in the party. They counter boon thieves of high level fractals, absorb condition damage, provide surviability to the party without buffing the mobs, and deal some of the highest aoe damage, and have high sustainable damage on the run.

Here’s a list of fractals and where necromancers are handy.

Aquatic- Epidemic blows up the small jelly fish that spawn and any conditions that do get through are absorbed making the encounter nearly impossible to fail.

Swamp- lingering conditions will eventually kill the mossman when he does his transformation on the last 10%. This prevents the kittenstorm of resing that happens on occasion when someone misses their CC. Epidemic is also nice for the wolf that spawns with him. For bloomhunger necros can get through the hard cc immunity, epidemic the spirits, and strip any boons the spirits might have applied.

Uncategorized- Minions can block the staircase lazers, minions can block poison bolts from old tom, If no minions poison clouds can destroy projectiles, can remove protection from the two kitten bosses, can epidemic the 4 kitty golems to death.

Urban Battle Ground- Epidemic makes the clearing process easy and the range of the scepter is great when the boss sits in his firestorm where melee classes need to wait or swap to an unoptimal range weapon.

Molten furnace- Epidemic for the clearing process, absorbion of any burns party might take, and the core can be condi’d before the last phase resulting in a instant break of the core.

Snowblind- Epidemic for the clearing process, Epidemic for the elementals that spawn during the sub boss, lingering conditions for the main boss.

Aetherblade- Epidemic for the clear, on the move damage on the golems, epidemic to make fast work of the encounter.

Thermanova Reactor- On the move dps

Volcanic- Easy epidemic clear on the first encounter, conditions goes through molten shield when waiting for flaming rocks, Epidemic for the elementals that spawn during the final boss.

Mai Trin- Absorbs high condition damage that mai puts out and Epidemic for when goons spawn

Molten Boss- on the move dps when berseker is teleporting around and the party can’t stay stacked because sea of flames.

Solid Ocean- Joke fractal that’s near impossible to fail. Epidemic does help with the clearing though.

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

7) Don’t enter as Necromancer or Revenant

Worst advice ever…

The BG Super Munster!

littlemunster.1059

Care to elaborate ?

Barely any group synergy. Lack of valuable buffs, not that great dps, conditions need time to ramp up. Reaper is easy to play, but outside of trin and 4 reaper+something buffing setup it’s not that great if you compare with classic rev+war+mesmer+2 tempest setup.

We talking fractals or raids? This doesn’t sound like PUG advice either since PUG doesn’t = organized setup.

The BG Super Munster!

littlemunster.1059

Care to elaborate ?

i suggest you try solo pugging t4 as anything and then as a reaper because you obviously havent. itll open your eyes.

In t4 fractals, I would always prefer a reaper join my group than most other classes. I’m betting I’m not alone on that sentiment.

The BG Super Munster!

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

No retal or protection on Fractals 81+ because of boon thief

Retal tends to wipe parties or create awkward moments in which you’re sitting there waiting for it to wear off or boon strip/corruption to come off cooldown.

As for protection It would honestly be better if you just weren’t in the party. 33% damage reduction is like 1 and 2/3s of a persons worth of damage.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

… not that great dps, conditions need time to ramp up.

You mean burst dps. Conditions always beat power in damage-over-time, hence needing time to ramp up.

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

7) Don’t enter as anything but Necromancer or Revenant or Ranger
8) Use appropriate, non-magic find Food and oils/stones/crystals

Fixed for you

think you got mixed up there a bit, Fixed for you.