Toxic problem

Toxic problem

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Someone shouldn’t have to buy new gear just to do enough dungeons to get 500 tokens

Yes, you’re absolutely right. But no one should be forced to play with that guy either. If you find other like-minded people, it’s perfectly fine if you do dungeons with underleveled necro in blue cleric gear. Just keep in mind that most people using lfg are expecting to be matched up with perfectly prepared players ready to carry them through (just like you most likely expect from others too). Therefore, anybody who fails to meet the standards given by majority of the dungeon community is being weeded out by the lfg system in the form of kicks. As I said. If you don’t want to be kicked by a group of randomly matched-up players that’ll never meet you again, you’d better get some berserker gear. If you want to play in a different way, you’ll need to pull off a substantial amount of effort in order to find people willing to support you in this. It’s just how this game works. It’s how ALL multiplayer games work.

Toxic problem

Posted by: FlawlezZ.3178

FlawlezZ.3178

Point one: this thread is over a year old so OP probably was new when he posted it.

Point two: Some of these responses wow just wow when people say the dungeon community is toxic I generally dismiss them as entitled PHIWers, but some of these responses are pretty much the definition of toxic. There is no defense for kicking the group starter for being a lowbie in an “all welcome” run, that’s like saying pinging zerk and wearing nomads when the group asks for zerk is okay or stealing a legit dungeon sellers instance is okay, that’s troll behavior plain and simple.

Did you read his post?

Toxic problem

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Just keep in mind that most people using lfg are expecting to be matched up with perfectly prepared players ready to carry them through (just like you most likely expect from others too).

And those people should ask for their perfect group in the description. No description = no requirement.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Toxic problem

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Lol, let’s be realistic here….this is a grouping tool in a video game not a contract for service. The description just gives you an idea of what kind of group is being formed, but it would be foolish to expect it to be exactly as described.

PUGs are dynamic in nature. Everything depends on what the majority of the group is feeling at that particular point in time, and often the 5 players have very different attitudes and play styles. And of course, anyone in the group can edit the posting to say whatever they want.

Toxic problem

Thaddeus.4891

Lol, let’s be realistic here….this is a grouping tool in a video game not a contract for service. The description just gives you an idea of what kind of group is being formed, but it would be foolish to expect it to be exactly as described.

PUGs are dynamic in nature. Everything depends on what the majority of the group is feeling at that particular point in time, and often the 5 players have very different attitudes and play styles. And of course, anyone in the group can edit the posting to say whatever they want.

True. But I find it ridiculous to kick someone that is not level 80 or full zerker if that wasn’t asked in the description.

Toxic problem

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

That’s why the phrase “exp only” exists. If you don’t want to run with inexp players, don’t use “all welcome”. Pretty simple stuff.

If you honestly believe that advertising a group “all welcome” and then kicking players for being inexperienced is ok, or that an inexperienced player joining an “all welcome” LFG to learn the path and become experienced is being toxic, then I really don’t know what else to say.

Toxic problem

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Of course it’s not okay, but the point I’m making is that an LFG description isn’t ironclad and doesn’t necessarily represent the views of the entire group. Sometimes people change their minds, or the party gets hijacked, anything can happen between the posting and starting the path… PUGs are volatile.

People saying one thing and doing another has always been a major IRL problem, and it’s completely unrealistic to expect MMOs to be exempt. It sucks but there is a very simple solution: Don’t PUG until you can handle it.

(edited by Jahroots.6791)

Toxic problem

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Pugging, creating hard mode for dungeons since 2013.

Toxic problem

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I have been trying to do exp mode on CoE for a few weeks now for legendary and I always get kicked for either not being experienced or not having zerker gear. Even when i post in LFG right before the group goes in they decide zerker only and boot anyone out without it. This is getting terrible and stuff like this makes me wonder how the devs think GW2 has a friendly atmosphere.

Get zerker gear. kicks 50% reduced. It’s not really expensive.

Problem with that is I don’t run zerk.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Toxic problem

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Of course it’s not okay, but the point I’m making is that an LFG description isn’t ironclad and doesn’t necessarily represent the views of the entire group. Sometimes people change their minds, or the party gets hijacked, anything can happen between the posting and starting the path… PUGs are volatile.

People saying one thing and doing another has always been a major IRL problem, and it’s completely unrealistic to expect MMOs to be exempt. It sucks but there is a very simple solution: Don’t PUG until you can handle it.

Sorry for the confusion, that was directed at Flaw, not you. You’re not the one who was railing against someone who joined an ‘all lvl, all welcome’ group at-level, calling it “toxic” and “bad behavior” :P I shoulda quoted.

You are correct — the description may not agree with what all of the players want. In a perfect world, players who disagree with the stated description would discuss changing it or leave the group instead of enforcing restrictions that contradict the description, but yeah. Not everyone seems to think things through.

Toxic problem

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Wow – a Necrod’ thread – TL DR – find a guild of like minded people or start one !

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Toxic problem

Posted by: FlawlezZ.3178

FlawlezZ.3178

Sorry for the confusion, that was directed at Flaw, not you. You’re not the one who was railing against someone who joined an ‘all lvl, all welcome’ group at-level, calling it “toxic” and “bad behavior” :P I shoulda quoted.

You are correct — the description may not agree with what all of the players want. In a perfect world, players who disagree with the stated description would discuss changing it or leave the group instead of enforcing restrictions that contradict the description, but yeah. Not everyone seems to think things through.

The description is not correct. Slander!

Toxic problem

Posted by: SepH.7095

SepH.7095

If you want to blame anyone for this “toxic” play style look no further than the makers of the game.

3 reasons.

There has been zero dungeon content added since day 1.
People want to challenge themselves.
There is only DPS (there are no dedicated healers/tanks/support)

We are stuck running the same instances day in/day out. The “Meta” has evolved to stop our boredom. There is no new content to try and overcome, there is just the same thing. So the meta has evolved to whats the fastest way i can do this, as thats the most challenging way.

We have done it 100 times before. We have done it ranged / necros / watched all the cutscenes before. We want to do it fast now. No, we dont want to wait for you to watch the cutscenes. No we dont want a lv 30 who doesnt understand how or what field combos are.

Any argument you juxtapose about “wanting to play your way” applies equally to every other player

Start your own party if you dont like ours. If you want to complain, direct your malice at Anet not dungeon runners who have done / read this post 1000 times before and are sick of it.

Toxic problem

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Px, no speedrun, all welcome. My guild regularly takes new/low level players into dungeons and when we add a couple of pugs thats what we type in the LFG. If they want to watch cut scenes then tell us and we’ll know to wait. We don’t speedrun, skip or stack. We enjoy the run as was intended and would like to give others the same opportunity.

I also have no problem with people wanting to maximise their rewards/time either, that playstle is just not for me. I’d never join an LFG that contained any of these words - zerker, exp, xx AP min, warr/ele/guard req, etc.

The problem as I see it is when players from the two opposing fields accidentally mix and that can be avoided by correctly reading/writing the LFG description.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Toxic problem

Thaddeus.4891

The problem as I see it is when players from the two opposing fields accidentally mix and that can be avoided by correctly reading/writing the LFG description.

Yes. But that’s mostly Anet fault. A better LFG would fix that.

Toxic problem

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Since when does “Story mode | no speed run” mean “please let me watch cutscenes”?
Learn to use LFG properly.

very special guild tag [tX]