Undocumented changes, March 16, 2015

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Hmm that comment about the end of CoF sounds interesting. Not in that I care about CoF, it’s more that maybe they changed something about objects, especially ones like that, which resulted in strange hit boxes…so maybe that happened to the Elemental in Snowblind and it is just a bug! I can hope right?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Hmm that comment about the end of CoF sounds interesting. Not in that I care about CoF, it’s more that maybe they changed something about objects, especially ones like that, which resulted in strange hit boxes…so maybe that happened to the Elemental in Snowblind and it is just a bug! I can hope right?

Same issue with the last dragon fight in the last chapter of the LS. It’s a structure also, and people are also having a hard time getting hits on it (as in 99% of attacks do not record a hit).

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

• When someone tried to solo Magg’s search for magmacyte and everyone WPed to the entrance, the npc joined us at the wp. We all had to cross the magma field to continue. Not sure if it’s an anomaly, or a fix.

NPC’s follow/port to the closest party member. So if he was closer to someone at the the WP than the person doing the run it would do that. If you have to make sure that when people waypoint Magg is always closer to the guy running the magma. People often forget this and screw it up.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I glitched into a contested CoF last night, it still works.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: RealCheesus.8563

RealCheesus.8563

So I just started my first Arah p3 after the patch and I noticed that I get killed by Crusher’s smash even if I stand on his side, where it never hit me. Does anyone else feel like they increased it so everybody who is even a bit “in front” of him gets smashed? Would make sense if they also made Brie’s beam larger.

Edit: I also noticed that they might have increased the “Interact” range of the blue-light-things where you put the orbs in p3 and p4. This one I’m not so sure about though, since I’m a bit lagging.
They just made the sealed dore interact range huge, thats what confused me.

(edited by RealCheesus.8563)

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Two things I noticed in my last CoF p2 run:

• When someone tried to solo Magg’s search for magmacyte and everyone WPed to the entrance, the npc joined us at the wp. We all had to cross the magma field to continue. Not sure if it’s an anomaly, or a fix.

Not new.

This has never happened to my parties since I started staying with Magg at the Oracite node until he finishes his dialog, and waypointing only then. It loses at most a couple seconds so it’s definitely worth the time instead of occasionally having to waste 3-5 minutes.

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

NPC’s follow/port to the closest party member. So if he was closer to someone at the the WP than the person doing the run it would do that. If you have to make sure that when people waypoint Magg is always closer to the guy running the magma. People often forget this and screw it up.

Thanks for clearing that up. I’m usually the one crossing the field, so I wasn’t aware of that.

Posted by: sartanman.4710

sartanman.4710

Can pretty much confirm that the top of Elemental Source cannot be reached anymore. Even necro’s life transfer doesn’t hit it, suggesting that the hit box was either removed or placed >600 range away.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Had to pug my 50 today for the first time in forever and ofc we get snowblind. x_x
It’s just painful and unnecessarily frustrating.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

Ranger’s pets now atack your target even if you set then to avoid combat, i see that lots of pug rangers will start to get kicked at the final boss of ac p2 because of that :P

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Pets-buggy

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

welp, looks like I’ll be running around in quaggan form a lot more until they fix this. -_- thank god for in combat tonics.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Since yesterday’s patch it feels like we’re in beta already without access to beta content >_>

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

i see that lots of pug rangers will start to get kicked at the final boss of ac p2 because of that :P

F3. I don’t see how you can be so utterly bad and still get to an endboss of anything.

welp, looks like I’ll be running around in quaggan form a lot more until they fix this. -_- thank god for in combat tonics.

or just not attack anything. like you’re already doing unless you’re supposed to.

edit: personally it’s a QoL change since the times I forgot to make pet attack outnumbers the times pet kittens up by infinity.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Posted by: Lenor.8197

Lenor.8197

I can attest to the undocumented change on the beam type attacks used by bosses. During my daily p2 Arah duo i’ve been dying to Brie’s death ray far more than i usually did, since i usually just sidestep it. Tested it a few times and it seems the ray now hits in an about 60 degrees cone in front of her. Ended up having to dodge out of the way.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

The great mystery is how many of these are actually intended.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The great mystery is how many of these are actually intended.

Knowing Anet, probably not many of them.

The one that seems most mysterious to me is the snowblind elemental top change because it seems highly unlikely to me that they would be aware of it seeing as most people I’ve encountered tend to not even be aware of how to damage it in the first place, especially in pug groups.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I Still think dungeons should be re-enterable without having to redo pre events every time. After all – we’ll just WP go do another path and come back later and leave others to open it up.

Seems non-sensical to block off entrance to CM -they definitely made it harder to get back into it once it’s closed off.

Noticed in FoTM 50- you cannot shadow step from wooden floors to stone – even when it is on a horizontal (and you can walk there it’s <150 range). Get pathing errors – I often use SB 5 just to jump over traps (I’m lazy see). These used to be valid shadow steps.
Same problem exists in drytop over vine bridge (cannot shadowstep along it any more) – def buggy.

Another interesting side effect: Thief Steal – I have not tracked this one exactly down yet but sometimes you will get a “target is too close” msg if on top of a boss directly and it refuses to fire off. May need to be in the boxs melee (eg inside his red agro circle). Will keep note of which bosses it was effecting and how this one fails to activate moving forward.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Yaeh I get target is too close in large hitbox bosses like arah 1 tar, arah 1 ooze. Can’t steal and can’t use sword 2 on top of the boss on thief

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Casmurro.9046

i see that lots of pug rangers will start to get kicked at the final boss of ac p2 because of that :P

F3. I don’t see how you can be so utterly bad and still get to an endboss of anything.

or just not attack anything. like you’re already doing unless you’re supposed to.

edit: personally it’s a QoL change since the times I forgot to make pet attack outnumbers the times pet kittens up by infinity.

I was making a joke, but thanks for the personal atack.
Also, with this new bug you need to keep spamming f3 while you atack to make your pet stop agroing stuff, making it more annoying to charge the traps in the ac p2 boss.

(edited by Casmurro.9046)

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

After playing with it a bit more I think I misunderstood what the change was, and I see it’s not unmanageable. Once you call off the pet after attacking, the pet wont re-engage with the target until you f1, so you don’t have to spam call off your pet like I was afraid you would need to. I can see it being an intended change, although I wish it had been included in the patch notes just to avoid the confusion. _

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Rumpo.7832

Rumpo.7832

Looks like they reverted the scaling change again for low lvl dungeons.

Screenshot for reference: http://puu.sh/gEPOT.png (this is on a 64202 build on ele, no signet/food/banner/fury)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Looks like all the scaling nerfs from yesterday were reverted, guys. Unless the hero panel lies, that is… will do some test runs now.

spoj.9672

Lol. x)

Lord Kuru.3685

I’d say chances are, the reversion of downscaling is unintended. They seem to have a lot of trouble with version control: we often see old fixed bugs return in later patches.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

I was making a joke, but thanks for the personal atack.

generic you.

our hypothetical pug rangers would have been kicked way before the boss.

Casmurro.9046

Another bug i got was in ac story mode, on the chain to disable the traps after the first boss (the one you fight on the coffin room), that chain is not working.

Posted by: franco.2645

franco.2645

Has anyone noticed anything odd about Belka? It feels like her damage has been significantly reduced.

Having fought her solo several times each week since October, I have a pretty decent idea when I’d need to run away from her – and after the patch I barely had to. There’s no change in my clumsy skills and rotations. The difference is quite noticeable.

On a side note, it feels like Brie’s death ray has been reverted, or maybe I just did better at sidestepping… although on the patch day I got hit by her every time she charged it up.

Lord Kuru.3685

Has anyone noticed anything odd about Belka? It feels like her damage has been significantly reduced.

Having fought her solo several times each week since October, I have a pretty decent idea when I’d need to run away from her – and after the patch I barely had to. There’s no change in my clumsy skills and rotations. The difference is quite noticeable.

On a side note, it feels like Brie’s death ray has been reverted, or maybe I just did better at sidestepping… although on the patch day I got hit by her every time she charged it up.

Funny, I’ve had the same experience at Belka. As for Brie, I don’t believe it’s been reverted.

Posted by: franco.2645

franco.2645

Thanks Lord Kuru I wonder what the developers could have been planning when they tampered with Belka.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

TA Up, the champion Nightmare knight now uses skills and moves away when stacked against the tree. My group used the smaller one on the right side.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

spoj.9672

They still bug on the other tree.

Iris Ng.9845

Ahh, sad

For some reasons, I was quite happy thinking that they start caring about fixing bugs in dungeons.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: Fairytayl.1035

Fairytayl.1035

That might explain why hunter’s call doesn’t work on structures anymore (ranger warhorn 4)

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Did they nerf thaumanova anomaly?

Jerus.4350

They fixed the debuff from grizza if you’re thinking he goes down easier?

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

They fixed the debuff from grizza if you’re thinking he goes down easier?

Yeah. Fought him twice today, he seemed to die pretty fast. Thanks!

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

Did they modify Lupi’s auto-attack in today’s patch? I seem to be getting hit by it even in melee range (though it is pug groups, so its possible that somebody was at just the right spot for me to get the splash damage from it). I got hit at least 3 times by it in one group, and at least once in another. Probably more than that, but wasn’t watching my health the whole time.

Posted by: Ark.9586

Ark.9586

Did they modify Lupi’s auto-attack in today’s patch? I seem to be getting hit by it even in melee range (though it is pug groups, so its possible that somebody was at just the right spot for me to get the splash damage from it). I got hit at least 3 times by it in one group, and at least once in another. Probably more than that, but wasn’t watching my health the whole time.

Something is wrong with it, yes. I just don’t know what. I was getting hit by it while standing directly beneath him, solo, against the wall. It seemed to vary depending on the angle of my camera, but that could just be coincidence.

Jerus.4350

PrePatch if you were standing on an peice of rubble with him close by y ou could get hit by it also, maybe they screwed up the hotboxes (as per Eternal Flame/Elemental) and such it’s giving a wrong sense, so it’s acting now you’re having the same issue as we had prepatch on that rubble? Just a guess, I havne’t done him post patch.

Posted by: Langrim.2489

Langrim.2489

The biggest change is that Lupi’s bubble attack is no longer summoned on the target – it does not track the target unless outside of a set minimum range (approx the safe zone range in p2 where there is no swipe and you do not get hit by the auto). Before, you would get bubbled if you were not fast enough getting back under him from the rising up AOE. Now it will not trap you at all, it will completely miss or the outer edge will nick you once. There is almost no threat of being bubbled now. You can even trigger it by stepping away from him and the bubble will land exactly at that min distance without trapping you.
I know not if this is intended or perhaps a result of the atk/cleave changes of some atks, either way it certainly feels very unsatisfying as it trivializes threat in the fight but also makes pushing lupi around a non-issue.
Unrelated to this I also noticed the guard sword 3rd auto cone is a bit larger so it will reliably hit when you are forced to make tighter circles max melee kiting. It still suffers at the tip of the cone where not all hits may land.

Lord Kuru.3685

Thanks Lord Kuru I wonder what the developers could have been planning when they tampered with Belka.

Just checked: Belka’s burning is now 588 per tick; 1/2 of the 1176 that it used to be (from gw2dungeons).

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

AC story – chains in second chamber didnt turn off flame traps.

Those “changes” look to me like bugs and with anet fashion they either will be fixed at the very end of fixing process or not fixed at all.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I keep wondering how these bugs are related to the changes made. Gw2 is the only game where we constantly get completely unrelated bugs each patch.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Casmurro.9046

Just checked: Belka’s burning is now 588 per tick; 1/2 of the 1176 that it used to be (from gw2dungeons).

It’s because burning damage is bugged at the moment

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Burn-condi-is-broken-nerfed-or-glitched

Iris Ng.9845

The tracking bug may be related to how they change shadowstep/port function. Shadowstep is now smoother, more responsive and slightly faster than before.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Actually on the site it lists the total damage, not damage per tick.

Lord Kuru.3685

Actually on the site it lists the total damage, not damage per tick.

Yes, of course. My bad. Then maybe it’s the condition damage issue? (But I scrolled as far as I could in my combat log and the burnings were all for 588 per tick.. maybe it’s missing ticks?).

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

It seems like post-patch the rocks behind the magmacyte that you jump onto to lose aggro also drops the aggro from Magg – you become unreachable, and he teleports to the closest party member who is reachable.

Will have to test further but something definitely changed post patch – I’ll be the only one running him across the field, everyone else already ported, he’s very clearly following me, and then just disappears and ports back to the beginning when I get to the end.

spoj.9672

The idea is for people to port to the start after u make it across so he doesnt aggro mobs because hes following you. That way you dont need to jump up on those rocks.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Pugs… /shakes head