in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Bug found!

WTF did you do to fractals?

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

For pug groups, pre-nerf dungeons were slower gold than sw farm, so how exactly were they not balanced?

total rewards per week is irrelevant. Gold per hour is the metric to use.

For this analysts I am going to assume it takes 20 minutes to beat cm nightmare. I know you can go faster than that, but when you factor in time to organize the group, I think it is accurate. cm nightmare possible rewards:
-100 spores: value 9g. That’s 27g per hour. Lake doric beats that, has very little risk of failure, no ar gating, pretty much no build requirement, and the luck aspect brings down that number significantly.
-3 mystic coins is 6g at best. 18g per hour. Even worse.

Maybe the infusions are good money. Until the crash in price that is probably incoming. We will have to wait until we see the drop rates. Additionally, it appears that only the blue infusion can be traded, not the red (which wiki states is account bound).
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Infusion_
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Infusion_

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

To play the devil’s advocate, the fractal is new, so people aren’t used to its mechanics yet. Give it some time, and I’m sure pugs will clear it more consistently.

NSPride <3

zealex.9410

Why compaire fractals to raids based on gold per hour? Raids are 1 time thing once per week and fractals once per day.

Compairing it with gold per hour os irrelevant. Rads need to have a higher burst of gold because tou rune them weekly.

Open world is open world you trade low enegangement/ enjoyment for higher return. I can do f40 all day and make 40g/h but i wont do that necause its boring. T4 and cms are fast engaging and give ok g9ld for the time you spend.

zealex.9410

Why compaire fractals to raids based on gold per hour? Raids are 1 time thing once per week and fractals once per day.

Compairing it with gold per hour is irrelevant. Raids need to have a higher burst of gold because you run them weekly.

Open world is open world you trade low enegangement/ enjoyment for higher return. I can do f40 all day and make 40g/h but i wont do that necause its boring. T4 and cms are fast engaging and give ok g9ld for the time you spend.

Posted by: Payne.1250

Payne.1250

I agree with OP, all my support to you man

Fractals are slowly becoming some kittenty daily elitist meeting, i ran away from raids because of this, now the cancer is slowly spreading

Be really careful for the next fractals anet, fractals were never supposed to become what they’re becoming.

kitten raids and kitten shattered observatory

[TSS] Tequatl Slayer Squad

#TeamAmber

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

It’s a bit funny this is literally just crying at it’s best no one is forcing anyone to even par take in the new fractal. If you can’t beat it at level 25 then either practice or just move on to something else just like how people avoid raiding they can simple avoid shattered observatory if it’s the daily fractal then Tuff. I personally avoid Thermua nova whatever its called not because it’s insanely hard I just don’t care for it even when it is the daily.

The only thing from Shattered Observatory at level 25 that’s required is for ppl to not have utterly mindblowing low damage output and they need to know what Crowd control( CC) is. The other mechs especially ark will make more sense each time you die unless a great deal of people just fall into the category of ragging instead of trying to understand what exactly killed them. Is this fractal even a week old yet?!?!?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I disagree with OP and I dislike raids because I could never be able to join a raid.

I don’t really care how difficult fractals are, as long as I can actually join a pug that won’t stop me from joining just because I am inexperienced in that content.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

CM rewards are fine, considering they’re on top of what you get for finishing a fractal. Yes, most of the times it isn’t much, but the occasional jackpot bumps up the average enough in the long run.

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Fractals are slowly becoming some kittenty daily elitist meeting, i ran away from raids because of this, now the cancer is slowly spreading

Be really careful for the next fractals anet, fractals were never supposed to become what they’re becoming.

Normal 100 is pretty easy once you get used to it, what are you talking about?

Far Shiverpeaks

Feanor.2358

I also love the notion how elitism is just now emerging in fractals. I’m not sure if it’s more sad or funny.

zealex.9410

I also love the notion how elitism is just now emerging in fractals. I’m not sure if it’s more sad or funny.

I also love how ppl treat “elitism” as something new.

Posted by: Flurry of dancing flames.9830

Flurry of dancing flames.9830

It’s sort of a matter of Git Gud.

It’s not that bad and won’t be when people get used to it. Wasn’t that bad on T4 with some pugs and not that bad with some decent Guildies also. It’s the END of each Fractal tier. OFC it’ll be challenging, especially at first.

Very similar to Nightmare in many ways. Similar format and presentation with the 3 bosses.

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

FYI the tier scaling changes are in for Shattered Observatory. If you were having trouble at 25, give it a go now and see if it feels much better.

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

FYI the tier scaling changes are in for Shattered Observatory. If you were having trouble at 25, give it a go now and see if it feels much better.

Quick question: given that spectral grasp on necromancer is now 2x cooldown (50 seconds instead of 20 seconds) is there any recommended substitute for breakbar management?

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Quick question: given that spectral grasp on necromancer is now 2x cooldown (50 seconds instead of 20 seconds) is there any recommended substitute for breakbar management?

Flesh golem does good break bar damage.

Posted by: Rhone.3569

Rhone.3569

Flesh golem does good break bar damage.

Well flesh golem will be nerfed next balance patch. It’s special skill will be to charge really fast and chew on the enemy ankles which will drop the breaker bar 0.25%

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

To play the devil’s advocate, the fractal is new, so people aren’t used to its mechanics yet. Give it some time, and I’m sure pugs will clear it more consistently.

Sure, because the people that can’t clear it consistently will stop pugging it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Hah! This thread is still open!

Well, I just PUGd and beat Shattered Obs. I got exactly what I wanted, an adjustment for the lower level fractals, specifically the endboss. I think it’s much more fair and friendly for PUGs now.

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

It is perfect! Thank you!

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Agreed. They are supposed to be dungeons, not raids. Anet has been failing miserably for the last 3 fractal releases, each one becoming more raid than dungeon. Nobody gave a kitten about stepping stones to raids. If you want to get into raids, find a group for raids…

If that’s failing miserably, I’d love them to fail more.

I expect them to do so. But fractals are just getting more boring every release.

Boss 1 > boss 2
Boss 1 > boss 2 > boss 3
Boss 1 > boss 2 > boss 3

Sure the mechanics change, the the formula is on repeat.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

(edited by Famine.7915)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Agreed. They are supposed to be dungeons, not raids. Anet has been failing miserably for the last 3 fractal releases, each one becoming more raid than dungeon. Nobody gave a kitten about stepping stones to raids. If you want to get into raids, find a group for raids…

I expect them to do so. But fractals are just getting more boring every release.

Boss 1 > boss 2
Boss 1 > boss 2 > boss 3
Boss 1 > boss 2 > boss 3

Are you the kind of player than enjoys aquatic by chance ?

I get the feeling from the complaint of formulaic design that you’d personally love it.

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Boss 1 > boss 2
Boss 1 > boss 2 > boss 3
Boss 1 > boss 2 > boss 3

I get the feeling from the complaint of formulaic design that you’d personally love it.

More boss rush, less exploration please.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

older maps are more expansive and while general idea for dungeons and fractals is rushing from boss to boss, the new fractals are very compacted and it feels really boring, like even the arenas are turning into giant flat circles/squares. the environment and terrain shouldn’t be so bland.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

older maps are more expansive and while general idea for dungeons and fractals is rushing from boss to boss, the new fractals are very compacted and it feels really boring, like even the arenas are turning into giant flat circles/squares. the environment and terrain shouldn’t be so bland.

A lot of the older maps are also 90% dead/wasted space.

Even then the concept of a boss not being in an arena ? I don’t know man….The last boss had to be reworked constantly because of his “Arena” exploits.

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Boss 1 > boss 2
Boss 1 > boss 2 > boss 3
Boss 1 > boss 2 > boss 3

Not really. It was unique when I tried it first. Dungeons in this game in general all have a same kind of feel that are perhaps spoiled from another game I played. But I personally like more variation, which just isn’t happening.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Sure, because the people that can’t clear it consistently will stop pugging it.

The mechanics aren’t really that bad. It only takes a bit to get the hang of them.

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

Then you’re bad

Shrug

Tanbin

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Might be an unpopular opinion but i like fractals a lot more now. It seems people get triggered as soon as some hard content comes out. Although it would be nice to receive better rewards for harder fractals.

I did the new fractal for the first time yesterday on the t3 difficulty and it was really fun. Had to actually do things according to the mechanics of the bosses instead of sit in front of boss and dps. That stuff is boring and doesnt have any value imo. Its not that difficult when you get it down tbh. Super enjoyable.

Just my opinion dont get tiggered.

Feanor.2358

Boss 1 > boss 2
Boss 1 > boss 2 > boss 3
Boss 1 > boss 2 > boss 3

Not really. It was unique when I tried it first. Dungeons in this game in general all have a same kind of feel that are perhaps spoiled from another game I played. But I personally like more variation, which just isn’t happening.

Actually it is happening. The formula is the same, but the boss mechanics vary a lot. Which is what makes these instances interesting and fun to play. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy “get swarmed by enemies” type of encounters, but they don’t scale very well and they aren’t very interesting. They either become a slaughterfest or they become annoying. When I want something like that, I hop on the Cursed Shore champ train.