Was damage bugged (and fixed)?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Did anyone, right after playing with the new balance patch, notice damage seemed way lower? And then thereafter, the game was patched, and damage went back to normal?

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

My warrior was OP after the balance patch, and it still is OP after the second patch, I don’t see any problem

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Just ran AC with my ele and found damage output significantly lower. However, when running CoF with my warrior, it was about the same as before.

I think this has to do with the changes in base stat acquisition throughout levels 1 – 80, it seems that lower levels now have reduced based stats, which would make sense for AC as that scales to ~35, whereas CoF scales to ~75.

Either way, that AC run was painful.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You have lower stats when downscaled or at least in the few dungeons I checked. I found that was below the stat cap even with full ascended. I think for Twilight Story I was under the cap by like 200 but I wasn’t pay too much to the actual value difference but rather is there was one. Ascended may be worth it now in downscaled dungeons as you’re not “wasting” stats. Ascended weapons even do more damage than exotics now which wasn’t the case before the update.

These are the stats caps that someone found months ago. Feel free to see for yourselves.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DBgIaO4OW_HHi_nEgtfH35kxEl7GaE7MbLKVVlVkKmM/edit#gid=0

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: AkaTenshi.4589

AkaTenshi.4589

I experienced the same issues with my ele in AC.
Stat cap on power is 720 which I reached before June 23 even without food.
Now I have only 511 power with full ascended zerk gear. Eating Plate of Steak and Asparagus (80 power, 60 precision) gives another 12 power.
After switching around a bit on builds I solo the spiderqueen almost as fast as I did before.
BUT: I used to solo AC P3 quite often. The burrows in the lover’s crypt got instantly destroyed with a single meteor shower or ice storm while having 0 might. They were even down before the skills ended damaging. Currently the ice storm only takes away 80% while having 6 might. Due to destroying them too slowly elite’s spawn besides the masses of small ones, i get perma knocked down and damaged and I can’t solo the path anymore. The 15 burrows were easy, now I fail / am dead before the 10th even spawned.

Is this new scaling a bug or intended to make low-level content more challenging? In the first case I would appreciate a fix. If it’s the second… I don’t even know. Unexploited soloing of AC would be much harder in that case.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

1: AC was only slightly slower in group but things still just melted.
2: CM was about the same so I guess the stat nerf and trait buff countered each other out more or less.

3: I found that TA had a significant DPS increase due to the Ele/guard/warrior buffed traits.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

It’s not an issue at all for a group, in terms of solo runs though it is noticeably different.

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

AC is painful now if you have mediocre players, before you could just power through and burn everything down, but now I’ve noticed people are just dying left right and centre, could be a result of them not knowing what builds to use, but eh, stat allocation was reduced quite a lot in lower level areas.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA