We need to remove MORE skills

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It doesn’t make sense that only reflects, blinds, knockdowns, knockbacks, stuns, daze, fear and others are useless against bosses. We need to make sure that bleeds, sword damage, greatsword damage (all exploiters use greatswords), damage in general, any sort of not exploitable damage, and being able to be killed are also made illegal.

Kitten hackers that want to be able to use skills like reflects as intended.

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

ONLY 1111111, ONLY HARDCORE!!!!!!11111oneone

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

It doesn’t make sense that only reflects, blinds, knockdowns, knockbacks, stuns, daze, fear and others are useless against bosses. We need to make sure that bleeds, sword damage, greatsword damage (all exploiters use greatswords), damage in general, any sort of not exploitable damage, and being able to be killed are also made illegal.

Crits are exploits, make bosses not able to take crit dmg like world boss! Also aegis OP, trivialises encounters, make all bosses do unblockable hits.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

ONLY 1111111, ONLY HARDCORE!!!!!!11111oneone

Shhh, no heals, just AFK now. The zerg will ress you.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

Do not forget the exploit where even blocks work against certain bosses, or monsters in general. Nothing worse then accidentally blocking that final attack that was going to kill you because blocking is too inconsistent across the game.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Was some reflect removed?
Why don t we have patch about dungeon changes -.-?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Was some reflect removed?
Why don t we have patch about dungeon changes -.-?

Some dungeon bosses like Malrona now pierce reflects. Also the Crimson Worm can bypass reflects with some of its eggs, some are still reflected but it not as reliable now.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

That sounds like those silly workarounds you usually see in bad games.

When you render useless CC, Active defenses and positioning, what else remains in the game?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Oh god, I used feedback on Lupi last night

Hope I don’t get banned nervous

I’m sorry ANet! I didn’t mean to exploit Q_Q Please forgive me!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

We gotta remove melee then too, everyone knows it’s an exploit!

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I want to press 1 only once and win a dungeon!

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

You guys forgot the main exploit! Stacking is wrong that’s why the spider queen in AC does aoe regardless of your position. She aoes for you to stop using the stack exploit.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You guys forgot the main exploit! Stacking is wrong that’s why the spider queen in AC does aoe regardless of your position. She aoes for you to stop using the stack exploit.

It wasn’t about that you know. Most good player are happy with the Spider Queens change. We’ll kick her kitten in 5sec compare to the usual 3sec, no big deal for us.

This is about some projectiles that can now pierce through reflect (Malrona, Triple Wurm, etc). That’s freaking bad.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Indeed, the main attack is the only attack we need. Crits, reflects, conditions and CC are OP as fudge. Who needs strategy when we can all mindlessly spam 1 1 1 1 1 1

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Soa Cirri.6012

Soa Cirri.6012

make all bosses do unblockable hits.

Putting the AC troll in HOTW was a step in the right direction. All dungeon bosses should be replaced with the AC troll, in addition to the aforementioned reforms to dungeon exploiting.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

you also forgot to have everyone WALK through dungeons, cos dungeon runs are just OP

Posted by: Soa Cirri.6012

Soa Cirri.6012

you also forgot to have everyone WALK through dungeons, cos dungeon runs are just OP

Let’s not forget a permanent chill and cripple applied upon entering.

Naturally, this means condition removal will need to be removed in order to keep people from spamming it and not being affected by the full intended effects of the content.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Ressing is an exploit, should be removed from the game.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Also don’t forget killing mobs, dealing damage, dodging AoEs, using condition cleanses, and ranged weapons are all exploits as well. They should all be removed from the game.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

make all bosses do unblockable hits.

All dungeon bosses should be replaced with the AC troll,

and drop HotW tokens.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

After much consideration I found that launching the client and logging in is in fact an exploit amd should be removed. As well as the forums. They are clearly exploits and should be removed. Please fix this or the entire player base will leave to go play around with Microsoft Bob. Kthnxbye!!!!!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

FGS4 definitely need to be “changed”. That’d definitely get more of an reaction than making certain projectiles unreflectable. As of now the DPS on this move is utterly insane. And it’s quite hilarious that if you do target the monster with the move, it does such laughable damage.Have a developer ever addressed this?

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

FGS4 definitely need to be “changed”. That’d definitely get more of an reaction than making certain projectiles unreflectable. As of now the DPS on this move is utterly insane. And it’s quite hilarious that if you do target the monster with the move, it does such laughable damage.Have a developer ever addressed this?

They have.
Considering that they added a tooltip to reflect the fire line damage, I’d say that they’re aware of it.

Also, if memory doesn’t fail me, they have commented about it. Can anyone provide that quote?

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

They have.
Considering that they added a tooltip to reflect the fire line damage, I’d say that they’re aware of it.

Also, if memory doesn’t fail me, they have commented about it. Can anyone provide that quote?

I can only paraphrase off memory (like that’s much good but whatever) but during a live stream they said that they were going to address FGS in the future in regards to both the blink-sploit and the fire rush skill. One of these has been fixed by making non functional and the other has yet to come to fruition. Hopefully anet just nerfs the amount of dmg it does.As of right now tornado and summon greater elemental sucks, with the exception of old tom on the latter skill.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

“Fixing” fgs rush = kittening eles in solo’s.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

You know, having looked through all these and some seriously deep thought, my final conclusion is that

breathing is an exploit

Dual.8953

Unfortunately, I somehow doubt Anet would care if a class could no longer solo a dungeon.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

It’s unfair on the players then. We need to apply the same with enemies.

Next time you see the legendary archkittenou can have a civilised conversation on how he’s hurting the collosus’ feelings instead.

This game needs to evolve and base combat on a duel of words and logic instead if the barbaric sword-swinging we got now.

Bread.7516

You know, having looked through all these and some seriously deep thought, my final conclusion is that

breathing is an exploit

Let’s all fix this issue

Attachments:

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

if you say so

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Playing zerk gear is an exploit, such as playing warrior, ranger, guardian, elementalist, thief, mesmer, engineer and necro.

Please fix this and delete those classes. Moskito should be the only class from now on.

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

Did they add a necro class?

Dub.1273

Unfortunately, I somehow doubt Anet would care if a class could no longer solo a dungeon.

Wouldn’t change the solo’ability, it would just screw risk vs reward. Then you’d be a lot slower on ele than on warrior while raising to 10 times as much risk.

Dub | [rT]

Dual.8953

Wouldn’t change the solo’ability, it would just screw risk vs reward. Then you’d be a lot slower on ele than on warrior while raising to 10 times as much risk.

Still, do you think soloing dungeons is something Anet Devs consider when balancing the game?
With the recent changes, FGS being used to down a boss in seconds is going to become a bigger blip on their radar. I have no doubt they see players going “we can kill the boss before they can even attack with FGS”, which makes it even more likely that FGS is next on the chopping block.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

Not a movie, but TV is close enough, right?

“In this thread hearts lift in joyous reunion with those thought lost to us. Traits. Abilities and %Damage Modifiers. Stacking Sigils and %Crit Damage. Hold them close for the shadow of Anet is upon us. We shall seek our destiny together; whatever the cost. Yet let us not pass from memory, those left absent from our arms. Those who sacrificed their damage, so that all may DPS freely”

For Reflects.

For Harmonious Mantras. For Fiery Rush Blink. For Ogre Pet Whistle. For Fire Elemental Powder, Harpy Feathers and Whispers Spy Kits. For Alphard. For Vevina. For TAFU. For Wall of Reflect! Feedback! REFLECTS! Split heavens with the sound of their names! Let it carry to the devs at Anet! As distant thunder promising storm of QQ! All those who are able, we make our stand against whine and nerf threads, and this I promise you: we will speed run free… or join our brothers in another game."

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Amen.

toxic since 2012

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Still, do you think soloing dungeons is something Anet Devs consider when balancing the game?
With the recent changes, FGS being used to down a boss in seconds is going to become a bigger blip on their radar. I have no doubt they see players going “we can kill the boss before they can even attack with FGS”, which makes it even more likely that FGS is next on the chopping block.

Back when this game was just beginning anet devs were amazed and very supportive of people soloing things. But that was when hodura was here Q.Q

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

He thinks that warrior is a faceroll profession and its risk/reward ratio is kittened up in solo setting.

Dub.1273

Which it overall is, relatively to other professions.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If other classes had traits like forceful greatsword then it wouldnt be such a big deal.

Bread.7516

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Isaiah%27s_Balance
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Smiter%27s_Boon_

It’s funny how GW1 had more than 1000 skills and balancing it was a headache, then chose to dumb-down the amount of skills for GW2 and they still can’t balance them competently.

Dub.1273

If other classes had traits like forceful greatsword then it wouldnt be such a big deal.

And perma fury.

Lol at smiters boon, might have as well just removed it from pvp completely.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

It’s funny how GW1 had more than 1000 skills and balancing it was a headache, then chose to dumb-down the amount of skills for GW2 and they still can’t balance them competently.

The issue then was secondary professions and a completely open skill bar; you could do anything if the numbers crunched. Even then, the lack of combat mobility, reflection and using the old school trinity made content challenging and interesting for most of us.

The issue here is most skills/mechanics are either made needless by or more troublesome than playing stack-n-whack with bizarrely sustainable DPS freaks.

I get the sarcasm, but is there really such a difference between 11111 and 11111 after dropping CC/reflect while you reply to IMs?

I get the sarcasm, but is there really such a difference between 11111 and 11111 after dropping CC/reflect while you reply to IMs?

Nope, it just made the combat more shallow. Instead of 11111 dodge 11111 reflect 11111 we now just have 1111 dodge 11111 dodge.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

Nope, it just made the combat more shallow. Instead of 11111 dodge 11111 reflect 11111 we now just have 1111 dodge 11111 dodge.

Basically what 90% of people do already.

Basically what 90% of people do already.

Because what else is there to do when it comes to bosses.
CC doesn’t work, Reflects don’t work and on some even conditions don’t work. I got nothing to work with. Just making bosses immune to everything is lazy and bad design imo.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

What i liked in WoW is that stuns/interrupts/dase/fear/root/sap are spells that are used very often.Here in GW2 i miss that aspect in the PvE part of the game.
I’d love to be able to use knockdowns, knockbacks, stuns, daze, fear on Bosses.Why we can’t use such things is beyond me.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I’m interested of hearing your definition of “risk” and “reward” in solo setting.

10 times as much risk sounds like a hyperbole to me.

Dub.1273

I’m interested of hearing your definition of “risk” and “reward” in solo setting.

10 times as much risk sounds like a hyperbole to me.

Yeah it is, nevertheless the point stands. Compare a warrior lupicus solo to an lh ele lupicus solo. The warrior has twice the defense, twice the heal, 1.5 times as many evades, swiftness, a handy block on short cooldown and almost twice the hp.
As a warrior, you can take 2-3 projectiles of an aoe without dying and just recover in the next 10 seconds to full. You can take a full life drink and have no problem with dodging out of a rapidfire just once because the damage you might take is meaningless.
Now on ele, if you get hit by 1 p2 aoe projectile (mire likely, no WA longer evasion), you’re dead. Take 3 life drink ticks, you’re dead. Dodge out of a rapidfire and you’ll die to 50% just by later splashing projectiles.
All in all, the warrior has a much easier time accomplishing that. I have barely any problems killing lupicus with 1k ping on my warrior. I have problems consistently soloing lupicus on ele. Not because of bad moves, just because chances of dying to any random hit are so high .Oh and by the way, on ele you need exactly 60+ seconds without taking a hit to recover 3/4 of your hp.

But hey, all that would be okay if the ele dealt twice as much damage. But what is actually the case? Warrior deals about 1.5 times more. And all this isn’t just the case on lupicus, it can be said to most encounters in the game. It even isn’t limited to eles, no problem saying same for necros, rangers (oh god…), partially engis and thieves. Some more, some less. But warrior always has a much easier time while dealing quite a lot more damage.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

How sure are you about things like this?

The warrior has twice the defense

2-3 projectiles of an aoe without dying

just recover in the next 10 seconds to full

exactly 60+ seconds to recover 3/4 of your hp