Weapon-Armor Chest, and other stuff post HoT

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: pugster.9378

pugster.9378

Hi,

I used to do fractal 50 and I get a good number of Shards of Coagulated Mists Essence, but now I am getting globs and vials of this stuff when doing level below 40. I would like to know what level fractals when you start seeing mobs drop shards of this stuff… Also, I would like to know how can you get ascended weapon/armor chest now? Thanks.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Also, I would like to know how can you get ascended weapon/armor chest now? Thanks.

Do you have access to a time machine?

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

ascended chests were either practically removed or someone converted the % drop rate to a % again….on a side note, based on that data (though its a small sample size) high levels are actually worse rewards than low levels, which would be a huge bug. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml#

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

they drop? yes they do, from the daily reward chest. I got a shoulder one.
But the drop rate seems to be decreased.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

(edited by RSLongK.8961)

Posted by: Howl.2498

Howl.2498

The ascended chest drop rates have not merely been “decreased,” which implies something reasonable might have happened. No, they are less than one tenth of what they used to be. A much more extreme word is warranted. Like “obliterated,” or “nearly eliminated.”

I’m not joking; the numbers back it up.

pugster.9378

Okay, thanks.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

To add my limited input, I’ve been running fracs with a near-static group since ner—xpac with up to 15 fracs per day, climbing to 100; done all dailies (all of em) and been doing them since day 2… I suck at math but that means quite a lot of dailies among the 5 of us.
I’m the only one that got a weapon box.
Oh, and it was in a CASUAL daily crate, and it was after we got to 100.
From my experience, yes, daily chests are the only ones that have a chance at giving you anything, an extremely low chance, and your personal level matters absolutely 0. Think about it if you wanna climb to 100, since it’s meaningless unless you do it for the hell of it. As we did. ’cause what else can we do, right?

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Hi,

I used to do fractal 50 and I get a good number of Shards of Coagulated Mists Essence, but now I am getting globs and vials of this stuff when doing level below 40. I would like to know what level fractals when you start seeing mobs drop shards of this stuff… Also, I would like to know how can you get ascended weapon/armor chest now? Thanks.

For the vials/globs/shards, in keeping with the changes to when agony damage starts, the new drop zones are:

Vials: 1-30
Globs: 31-49
Shards: 50+

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: NiisanSora.6289

NiisanSora.6289

I’ve gotten an ascended ring (including infused) most days that I do all of the dailies (a majority of the days since the xpac dropped), although the last two days I have gotten an ascended weapon and armor box instead. The boxes don’t seem that much rarer than before, to me at least.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Not all ascended drops were nerfed guys.
I got at least 5 rings, maybe more, from daily chests.
Stay positive

UnbentMars.9126

I’ve gotten an ascended ring (including infused) most days that I do all of the dailies (a majority of the days since the xpac dropped), although the last two days I have gotten an ascended weapon and armor box instead. The boxes don’t seem that much rarer than before, to me at least.

I’ve gotten a 5 or 6 ascended rings, two of which were infused, but no one has been reporting ascended weapons and armor. Do you have a screenshot? Because if that is the case I’d like to post it all over the whining forum posts and tell them to deal with it

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

That Guy.5704

I’ve gotten a 5 or 6 ascended rings, two of which were infused, but no one has been reporting ascended weapons and armor. Do you have a screenshot? Because if that is the case I’d like to post it all over the whining forum posts and tell them to deal with it

simply that they drop isnt the point, its that the drop rate was hit so so hard and that drop rate was one of the big reasons that a lot of people ran high level fractals before. One of the big reasons people ran dungeons was gold which they nerfed as well. It appears that they are also trying to disincentivize fractals by nerfing one of the big draws to that content?

UnbentMars.9126

simply that they drop isnt the point, its that the drop rate was hit so so hard and that drop rate was one of the big reasons that a lot of people ran high level fractals before. One of the big reasons people ran dungeons was gold which they nerfed as well. It appears that they are also trying to disincentivize fractals by nerfing one of the big draws to that content?

Well…yeah. They are adding raids which have been stated to have a 15% chance drop rate for an ascended box per boss (so ~2 group members will get ascended loot per boss per week). Even at it’s height, fractals were nowhere near that rate. They want people to do the hardest content for the best loot, i.e. raids (though I do think having the highest level fractals have a better drop chance would be in keeping with that but Anet made its decision).

Their entire strategy has been to guide people to the new content rather than the old content. I’ve seen a lot of people on the forums complaining that they are trying to force people away from old content, but what’s the point of new content if no one plays it?

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

timmyf.1490

raids which have been stated to have a 15% chance drop rate for an ascended box per boss (so ~2 group members will get ascended loot per boss per week). Even at it’s height, fractals were nowhere near that rate.

I just looked up KING’s droprate research. I’m seeing 4.2% weapon, 11.9% armor, 11.7% skin.

Now, you can definitely argue that a Fractal 50 takes a lot longer than a raid boss – or at least once people figure all them out and start farming them – but let’s not be misleading about the droprates in Fractals.

UnbentMars.9126

raids which have been stated to have a 15% chance drop rate for an ascended box per boss (so ~2 group members will get ascended loot per boss per week). Even at it’s height, fractals were nowhere near that rate.

I just looked up KING’s droprate research. I’m seeing 4.2% weapon, 11.9% armor, 11.7% skin.

Now, you can definitely argue that a Fractal 50 takes a lot longer than a raid boss – or at least once people figure all them out and start farming them – but let’s not be misleading about the droprates in Fractals.

I thought Anet had said 15%, but 4.2% and 11.9% are significantly higher than anywhere else in the game so my point still stands. That said, how did he do his droprate research? May I see the link?

EDIT: I thought you were talking about raids, but KING’s research is for fractals. If the 15% is for raids, my point still stands in that raids have the highest drop chance in the game up until now.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

(edited by UnbentMars.9126)

timmyf.1490

I thought Anet had said 15%, but 4.2% and 11.9% are significantly higher than anywhere else in the game so my point still stands. That said, how did he do his droprate research? May I see the link?

EDIT: I thought you were talking about raids, but KING’s research is for fractals. If the 15% is for raids, my point still stands in that raids have the highest drop chance in the game up until now.

FRACTALS had 4.2/11.9%. That means FRACTALS had 16%. If raids have 15%, that’d basically be in line with old Fractals.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml#

Edit: haha that ninja edit!

Posted by: NiisanSora.6289

NiisanSora.6289

I claimed and salvaged the weapon for the Ball of Dark Engery for my first tier collection, and the only reason I still have this one is because I haven’t decided if I want to use it for my other main or to salvage this one too.

Attachments:

pugster.9378

Not all ascended drops were nerfed guys.
I got at least 5 rings, maybe more, from daily chests.
Stay positive

Rings are basically a dime a dozen before HoT. Now I am getting more of this useless stuff especially from bonus chests. Most people go to Fractals to get a ascended armor, weapon, weapon skin or even an endless fractal potion.

(edited by pugster.9378)

UnbentMars.9126

FRACTALS had 4.2/11.9%. That means FRACTALS had 16%. If raids have 15%, that’d basically be in line with old Fractals.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml#

Percentages don’t work in a cumulative manner like that, so no, fractals did not have a 16% chance.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

timmyf.1490

Percentages don’t work in a cumulative manner like that, so no, fractals did not have a 16% chance.

Who taught you math?

Howl.2498

Well…yeah. They are adding raids which have been stated to have a 15% chance drop rate for an ascended box per boss (so ~2 group members will get ascended loot per boss per week). Even at it’s height, fractals were nowhere near that rate.

This is, frankly, extremely wrong.

Fractals gave a 31.6% chance every day if you did 50/40/30/20. A single 15% chance once per week can’t even come close to comparing.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

The drought is dead!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

In all seriousness, hidden update? We will never know.

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

It’s possible that the completion rate (elapsed completion time/successive completions) for Fractals post-HOT is something Anet is gathering data on before throwing ascended back into the reward system at the same rate as before. Think about it, if Ascended were rewarded now at the same rates as before for 40-50+ range fractals, the effect would be a significant increase in the amount of fractal gear being awarded for comparatively easier fractal runs. Fractals are very, very accessible right now. And it wouldn’t be out of the question to run multiple high level fractals in succession for significantly higher gains than before. I don’t think that would be an intended outcome of the fractal change.

I feel like what we should be asking is:
Do we like the reward system now?
Do we like consistent guaranteed rewards at the end of every fractal (fractal encryptions, agony resistance)?
Do we want ascended drop rates that are greater, less than, equal to before?
*on the “less than”option, some players do believe that balance of rewards should be based on a number of factors including difficulty, and therefore may opt to lower the reward of certain content if it seems to pay out significantly more than the effort put in.

Personally, I’m not sure how they could justify increasing fractal drop rates to what they were before in the 40-50 range given how much quicker and easier they are now. They may increase it for the much higher levels based on the timetables some people have claimed for completion. But, I’m sure Anet is listening to the complaints but also has some internal metric on player Ascended gear acquisition rates that they are trying to balance out.

(edited by nightwulf.1986)

UnbentMars.9126

It’s possible that the completion rate (elapsed completion time/successive completions) for Fractals post-HOT is something Anet is gathering data on before throwing ascended back into the reward system at the same rate as before. Think about it, if Ascended were rewarded now at the same rates as before for 40-50+ range fractals, the effect would be a significant increase in the amount of fractal gear being awarded for comparatively easier fractal runs. Fractals are very, very accessible right now. And it wouldn’t be out of the question to run multiple high level fractals in succession for significantly higher gains than before. I don’t think that would be an intended outcome of the fractal change.

I feel like what we should be asking is:
Do we like the reward system now?
Do we like consistent guaranteed rewards at the end of every fractal (fractal encryptions, agony resistance)?
Do we want ascended drop rates that are greater, less than, equal to before?
*on the “less than”option, some players do believe that balance of rewards should be based on a number of factors including difficulty, and therefore may opt to lower the reward of certain content if it seems to pay out significantly more than the effort put in.

Personally, I’m not sure how they could justify increasing fractal drop rates to what they were before in the 40-50 range given how much quicker and easier they are now. They may increase it for the much higher levels based on the timetables some people have claimed for completion. But, I’m sure Anet is listening to the complaints but also has some internal metric on player Ascended gear acquisition rates that they are trying to balance out.

I think a great follow-up question to that is not just internal, but external. How many options does Anet want people to have access to Ascended gear in? If Anet only wants X amount of ascended pieces entering players bags each, for example, week, how does the Fractals chance balance with the raids chances?

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

I don’t think you are reading that properly. Armor and weapons are all well below 2% in that data, with weapon boxes topping out at 0.3%. 4.2% is for golden weapon skins, not ascended weapons and 11.9% isn’t even in the table… maybe you are looking at the ring droprate?

Howl.2498

The drought is dead!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

In all seriousness, hidden update? We will never know.

The drought doesn’t look dead at all. Only 5 ascended boxes out of 742 daily chests. That’s only one more than last time I looked. No, it is still in full force.

I don’t think you are reading that properly. Armor and weapons are all well below 2% in that data, with weapon boxes topping out at 0.3%. 4.2% is for golden weapon skins, not ascended weapons and 11.9% isn’t even in the table… maybe you are looking at the ring droprate?

You are looking at the wrong tab. Make sure you are looking at the Pre-23/10/2015 data, not current drop rates. That horrible 0.3% number you quoted is how things are now. Compare that to how it used to be and cry.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

The drought doesn’t look dead at all. Only 5 ascended boxes out of 742 daily chests. That’s only one more than last time I looked. No, it is still in full force.

I was more so joking about the fact that we finally have a record of ascended dropping from the highest level chest. I’ve been watching this update each night, and waiting to see when we would see the first.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

If I wanted to be forced into raiding, I’d be playing WoW instead. One of the greatest appeals of GW2 was the continued relevance of 5-man content. With that gone, I will be too once I finish the HoT story.

Howl.2498

I was more so joking about the fact that we finally have a record of ascended dropping from the highest level chest. I’ve been watching this update each night, and waiting to see when we would see the first.

Ah, my bad.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

given how much quicker and easier they are now

They aren’t much quicker are they?
You still need to do 3 for the “daily” chest.
Yes yes you can go all 3 swamp or whatever but it honestly doesn’t seem much faster, especially with the kittening kittened instabilities.

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

Who taught you math?

p(1 or 2 Ascended Boxes)=1-q(no Ascended Boxes)=1- (1-0.042)* (1-0.119) = 1-0.958*0.881=0,1560~0,16=16%.

That is if 2 Ascended chests could drop in one run.

Otherwise,

p(armor or weapon box) = 1 – q(both boxes or no boxes at all) = 1 – (0.042 * 0.119 + 0,958 * 0.881) = 0.1510 ~ 0.15 = 15%

With the first implication, the original 16% is perfectly valid, and it’s not really much different either with restriction to one ascended box.

Have a pleasant day~

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

(edited by Ritt.3069)

That Guy.5704

I think a great follow-up question to that is not just internal, but external. How many options does Anet want people to have access to Ascended gear in? If Anet only wants X amount of ascended pieces entering players bags each, for example, week, how does the Fractals chance balance with the raids chances?

If a given set of players are in raids at a given time and getting loot, they are necessarily NOT in fractals getting loot. And we are talking about account bound loot, not farmable currency creation like dungeons was.