What do you want from my ranger??

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

If he joined a team that specified a class and then he was kicked, that I have no issue with. My point as you keep ignoring, is that kicking a ranger from a team that hasnt specified a class soley because the player IS a ranger is idiotic. I dont have issues with zerkers themselves, just bad players. Putting the blame for “bad players” in the hands of rangers alone based on DPS numbers (he cant dps he must be crap), is infantile behaviour.

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

“Rangers get kicked because they are inferior”. Yes it’s wrong if the party didnt specify. It doesn’t change that fact. So many times the point wooshed over your head.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Sadly it doesn’t matter what you or anyone else thinks since the group starter has the control to kick whoever they want. It’s not just for dps, rangers have crap utility compared to other classes and anet puts so much emphasis on pets that are useless a majority of the time in dungeons. The one thing ranger is good at is rezzing, and if you are picking classes for rez skills your group has failed before even starting.

If a ranger doesn’t like it, they can start their own group or roll something else. That’s the reality and that’s the answer to the OPs question.

I have a ranger, many people in my guild have a ranger, there is 0 reason to ever take one into a dungeon if you have alternatives. What may be fun for you isn’t fun for everyone, and vice versa. A large portion of people find fun in doing things as quickly as efficiently as possible. GW1 PvE survived on speed runs and finding the most efficient combinations, and that’s a big focus for many people in GW2 also. Granted there are people who don’t care and want to play whatever slow inefficient combo they want, so it just involves finding those people or finding a more casual guild.

You or anyone else isn’t going to change the opinion that rangers are subpar in dungeons assuming the same skill level of player. So you can either roll with the punches or do something so you have an easier time finding groups.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Rangers are pretty much the best PvE class if you know how to spec them, and you have a decent gear. Sure they do a bit less damage than warrior, but then again everyone does. However, rangers can’t get downed or die (unless rest of the team is dead) and they do massive damage (again, if you spec properly). I do any dungeon, fractal, and even did Simin (arah 4) few times without any problem before the last patch (when he got nerfed), where we had 2 rangers. It’s all about knowing how to build and how to play.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

If everyone actually did good DPS (mesmers/warriors) you wouldnt need to have tons of survivibility (i.e. CoF p1) because it dies fast enough. CoF is just the easiest example, however a lot of dungeons work like this also (Fotm excluded mostly).

Dungeons that the Zerker Warrior/Mesmer setup will work on and be faster than any other class setups:
SE Path 3.
TA U/U F/F
CoF P1/2
HotW p1
CoE all paths

If a zerker goes down, but does 100k damage before going downed thats better than someone alive spamming 1-2k damages tbh. Also, a team usually contains 1 tanky guard who can res downed since he should be in melee, if not, then the ranger has resses too but either way going downed happens all the time. I see every class get downed in runs. If the zerker warrior sat and afk spammed rifle/bow, which they technically could, they would die less, but at the cost of DPS. Unlike some players, they dont like to kitten their DPS over the chance of going downed for a little

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I haaaaaate when I have a ranger in my group. I don’t kick them, I just curse on the inside. I wish I didn’t…. buuuut I do.

My first toon was an 80 ranger btw.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: WindFall.1479

WindFall.1479

As for your original question OP, if you’re looking at the lfg website, search for parties that specifically say “everyone/anyone welcome,” especially in CoF. Don’t be discouraged by people that kick you out. Leave them to their own world and mindset.

Strifey.7215

Rangers are pretty much the best PvE class if you know how to spec them, and you have a decent gear. Sure they do a bit less damage than warrior, but then again everyone does. However, rangers can’t get downed or die (unless rest of the team is dead) and they do massive damage (again, if you spec properly). I do any dungeon, fractal, and even did Simin (arah 4) few times without any problem before the last patch (when he got nerfed), where we had 2 rangers. It’s all about knowing how to build and how to play.

Yea, the class with no reflects, bad party wide boons, not much utility outside of rezing, pets who get destroyed in dungeons, and bad melee damage compared to other classes is definitely the best PvE class… that must be why so many people love rangers in their groups.

You have just opened everyone’s eyes to the power of the ranger that no one could see.

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Yea, the class with no reflects, bad party wide boons, not much utility outside of rezing, pets who get destroyed in dungeons, and bad melee damage compared to other classes is definitely the best PvE class… that must be why so many people love rangers in their groups.

You have just opened everyone’s eyes to the power of the ranger that no one could see.

No reflects? Offhand axe.
Bad partywide boons? When it 18s of fury, swiftness and might bad?
Bad melee damage? Show me a melee build with a disengage, and two dodgs on the weapon skills.
Bad pets? They’re being looked at.

Ioflux.4369

Bad melee damage? Show me a melee build with a disengage, and two dodgs on the weapon skills.

Melee for ranger does crap for damage. Axe offhand has a small radius reflect. Blurred frenzy / Pistol whip / whirlwind all do 2-5x the damage your “melee dodge” does. The utility you just stated are all mediocre compared to other class counterparts. Best part is, they didn’t have to lose optimal dps to have it.

Ranger’s are fun, and I think every class is, but they just dont compete with other classes in dungeons. The only thing a ranger can do better than every other class is a 20s root, a pet for ressing, being one of the highest range dps. When you group with people who melee everything, melee dps > range dps.

Strifey.7215

Okay, they get a subpar mainly self reflect by taking a bad weapon with a large cooldown, many other classes get those, which still don’t compare to guardian or mesmer which are actual practical reflects for the entire group which is what I was referring to.

It’s bad compared to other classes that provide more boons without having to use subpar weapons and can use utilities instead.

You just answered your own question about bad melee damage. Sword has terrible damage and 2 dodges has nothing to do with damage, those skills are great at making you do less damage though.

There is nothing ranger offers to the group that a guardian, mesmer, or warrior can’t do better other then maybe rezzing a fail group in the first place. Far from the best PvE class.

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

There is nothing ranger offers to the group that a guardian, mesmer, or warrior can’t do better other then maybe rezzing a fail group in the first place. Far from the best PvE class.

If those 3 classes are the best, then why use any other? Why just tell Rangers to get lost, and not Elementalists and Thieves? Because after all, Warriors do better DPS than thieves and Guardians are better support than elementalists.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I want to play my ranger, but every time I join a pug, they are so crap I have to get on the guardian and just carry them through.

That is the huge difference in class right there. The superior amount of group utility that a guardian has vs. a ranger will always make it the ‘better’ class in a pug’s eyes, same with warrior/mesmer/w/e.

Another thing that makes even me scoff at taking a pug ranger is the likelihood that they are awful. A Pug of any class has this chance of being awful, but for some reason, ranger has a higher chance of having an awful player behind it. Why? ranger takes more skill to play (and be effective) than your average warrior who mashes his keyboard.

I do not kid when I say most rangers I have encountered so far have been awful and a drag to the team. They camp Shortbow 1 auto attack, don’t even bother trying to flank, and let their pet just run in and die. Don’t even bother to switch the pet out, or even switch weapons to maximise DPS. Now how, when I am recruiting pugs, how do I filter out those people? It’s just not worth the time, I’d rather just kick and get a class that is easier to play and thus will have a higher chance of being more constructive for the team. – That’s the mentality atm, and I really do believe that some classes, including ranger need a buff to their skills and/or traits in dungeons only.

The reason I believe this has not been done is because those few who CAN play the ranger correctly, are at an acceptable level of contribution in dungeons and come (almost) up to par with other classes.. meaning that if there was a buff,there is a possibility they would become ‘OP’ and people would complain.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

If those 3 classes are the best, then why use any other? Why just tell Rangers to get lost, and not Elementalists and Thieves? Because after all, Warriors do better DPS than thieves and Guardians are better support than elementalists.

That’s essentially the point. Warriors, and Guardians are all that’s necessary for any of the dungeons in the game. If it weren’t for Time Warp, even Mesmers wouldn’t have a spot (while their damage isn’t as low tier as other classes). Time Warp essentially turns 4 Warriors into 8 Warriors for 10 seconds (which is the majority of any boss fight if your dps is high enough) or they’d just run 5 Warriors.

Other classes are more viable in certain SPvP or WvW scenarios, but in dungeons, your best bet is Warrior, Guardian, or Mesmer.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

As the guardian of a high lvl fractal group I’ll group with whoever; cause I don’t suck.

Additionally I’ve seen plenty of rangers do better than warriors in fractals.

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

One of my closest friends is a ranger since day one and he’s pretty darn good and I always played with him.
About CoF, we still can do it in 7min with non 4 warrior groups. =)

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

Posted by: shadowdust.2018

shadowdust.2018

I’ve got a question that needs an honest answer:

If you are to PUG in a dungeon, and there is a warrior and a ranger (you have no idea who they are and how they play) who wants to join but there is only 1 slot, who would you pick?

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Imo Rangers are awesome when situation calls for survival. There was once where some guy at the front triggered off all the mines at CoF P3, knocking out 3 of us who were running behind & a Ranger survived. Bcos we were deemed as in combat, we were unable to respawn & the poor ranger had to solo the drake pet. It took him ard 15 mins, & we could respawn without running through the mines again.

If you are to PUG in a dungeon, and there is a warrior and a ranger (you have no idea who they are and how they play) who wants to join but there is only 1 slot, who would you pick?

First come, first get it, & pray it’s someone who know how to play his/her character well.

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Posted by: kesuh.3891

kesuh.3891

This is like the 100th kick I’ve gotten from a group about to run a dungeon (CoF, AC) because they saw that little paw print next to my group portrait square.

What can I do other than just scrapping my class for an obviously superior one (warrior, warrior, or a warrior) to be able to find a dungeon run when my guild is busy?

Lyndis what server do you play on? EU or American?

[keen] Far Shiverpeaks Eu-server
Sorel→~Saga/Ranger~Shadow/Guardian~Balthazor/Warrior

Posted by: kesuh.3891

kesuh.3891

Imo Rangers are awesome when situation calls for survival. There was once where some guy at the front triggered off all the mines at CoF P3, knocking out 3 of us who were running behind & a Ranger survived. Bcos we were deemed as in combat, we were unable to respawn & the poor ranger had to solo the drake pet. It took him ard 15 mins, & we could respawn without running through the mines again.

First come, first get it, & pray it’s someone who know how to play his/her character well.

True that!

[keen] Far Shiverpeaks Eu-server
Sorel→~Saga/Ranger~Shadow/Guardian~Balthazor/Warrior

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

I understand efficiency extremely well. However, stating that zerkers are for those who “mastered” content is a quiet honestly a lolworthy comment, seeing as there are thousands of “fail” zerkers in the game. Its equally true there are plenty of fail rangers.

No, mastering the content does not mean “all thats left is DPS”. It simply means playing the content in a different fashion. Whether thats from changing your build or from a different class its all the same thing. If you want to obsess on zerkers and use it solely that fine go right ahead, I dont care what class you use. I play the game for fun, not as a grind for kitten waving. I dont care if you can kill a boss 3 seconds faster, speed is not the be all and end all. Though playing through in a timely fashion without incident is what we tend to strive for.

It STILL does not make rangers crap by any stretch of the imagination. Particularly with so many players in the game of all classes who quiet frankly are atrocious no matter the class or build.

Yes they could do with a buff, but even still they do perform well in a group and solo when someone is a good player.

You’re getting defensive over my statement that “warrior do more dps than ranger, hence why ranger’s get kicked”. I could care less about how much fun and how you like to play the game. I find it very fun playing full cleric ele, cleric shout heal warrior, but I don’t run it if my party isn’t ok with it. I answered the topic at hand of the OP as to why ranger’s get kicked. You can bash full zerker warriors as much as you’d like, the point doesn’t change that his ranger got kicked for that reason.

This guy is making two good points you should listen to.

Warriors are outperforming Rangers in terms of DPS. This is mostly an undeniable fact.

Once you have mastered the content of a dungeon, you then need to maximise DPS and skill as much as you can. Bring enough defense to keep your warriors alive, bring a time warp to max the DPS during boss fights, bring a guardian to reflect/ protect.

This is the pve meta summed up. Learn the combat, dodge the big hits, rely on guard/mes to defend you and cleave with zerkers GS or Axe.

Rangers appear to be outperformed in this regard, providing subpar dps and protection. They dont fit.

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Really no reason to play anything except a war/mes/guard in a dungeon,and i die a little inside when i get a full group of necro/rangers/engis because i know that the run will be far from optimal and will take ages.DPS is god in any instanced party content in any mmo-you dont want a frost mage in your raid.
Yay for class balance!

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

There are some fairly niche places where Rangers can help – Shake It Off from the bear and Healing Spring can keep you clean and crisp against Subject Alpha, I know that since doing that has kept my team alive numerous times.

In general though, they ARE sub-par, but nobody should be kicking them because of it. Succeeding in a team comes down to how well you perform together, not what profession you are.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: yarpen.1364

yarpen.1364

While I’ll agree with needing sword mainhand, cat pets, and utilizing traps thanks to the changes recently, 2 points bug me.

Drakes are unreliable. The blast finisher isn’t on demand and has a substantially large cooldown, not worth counting on.

Shortbow dps beats out Greatsword dps on a single target or targets that can be stacked for piercing arrows. Greatsword is just horrible damage period. The evade is wonderous, but the damage leaves much to be desired.

That said, Ranger can’t even see the damage pedestal Warriors sit upon in dungeons. If you want to have an easy time finding dungeon groups for any dungeon, rolling a Warrior, Guardian, or Mesmer is your best bet (then learn to play the class of your choice competently please).

drake pets use blast as soon as they can and right after swapping them. Cast field→change pet →blast finisher.

With right setup you can have 3 best fields in game (water, fire and ice). Combine it with 2 blasts and probably 2 leaps (sword and gs got one).

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Well… Compare your strengths to other classes, and it gets more obvious

Damage – Warriors outclass you both in single target and AoE. Piercing is not superb for circular clusters, of which there are plenty. And what would normally be the tradeoff, single target damage, is not higher than warrior either. It’s still high sure, but not enough to make it worthwhile.

Support – The AOE heal is alright, but I rarely if ever see rangers using it for another party member besides themselves. The CC is pretty horrendous, knockbacks are the worst form of CC, as they actively move the boss out of your teammates AoE’s, I play ele, and when a ranger moves a monster out of my meteor shower I just want to slap them. Spirit effects are pretty weak and they die very easily, compare it to the warrior banners which get similar effects, while also being immortal.

Tank – Nope. Just not even. You cant tank monsters for a party unless they somehow stick to you, which is rare. No reflects, and no other party tank support.

Rangers need either a large buff to their single target damage, or a buff to their party support. As it stands there’s no specific reason to take a ranger over any other class.

Auesis.7301

There are some fairly niche places where Rangers can help – Shake It Off from the bear and Healing Spring can keep you clean and crisp against Subject Alpha, I know that since doing that has kept my team alive numerous times.

You are in the wrong group, simple. The thing people don’t understand is that once someone has made a warrior alt, and tasted what it is like to run a dungeon with a lot of high dps in their group, they don’t want to go back to what is was before the warrior alt.
Subject Alpha dies way too fast in an efficient, high dps group for anyone in the party to take too much “chipping damage”, and his major attacks are highly predictable, telegraphed AoE that can be dodged all the time.

In a good group, no one needs your healing spring. I say that as someone who used to partner with a ranger in fractals and completely abuse the water field combo field, spamming cluster bomb to maintain the both of us alive when the rest of the group died. I don’t play that way anymore cause an efficient group doesn’t need heals. Thief used to be my main, my first character and experience with the game, and I abused combo fields with a ranger friend, I used a high initiative regen to get the ability to basically spam the blast finisher as much as I wanted. I don’t play the thief class anymore, and don’t really care for the ranger, the war/guard/mes just outshine those in every single way. You don’t need healing combos, you don’t need group heals in a decent group that can kill things very quickly and dodge the few major attacks. Chipping damage ? What chipping damage ? things will die before our HP goes down low enough for us to get hurt.

Who the hell are you to tell me I’m in the WRONG group? My original post referred to unreliable pugs in the early days, Ranger is only one of my five characters with the lowest playtime, Sonic Boon Warrior being my second most-played and Thief being my most-played. I’ve run CoE over 300 times in total on all five characters in almost the exact same guild member composition every single time and we have never had any trouble whatsoever with any of the content within any of the 3 paths of CoE or any other dungeon in the entire game, period. Just because we don’t run 4 Warriors + 1 Mesmer or 5 Warriors for the loldps doesn’t somehow make the group worse. When I use Ranger for the daily tokens, the guildies relax a little and preserve endurance as the conditions drain away, at least on path 1 and 2 for the burns. It’s a convenience thing, as for path 3 it’s back to the usual dodges against the ice and stack on the earth.

I’ve run the fabled dps groups before, and while it’s highly convenient, it’s INSANELY boring and I have far much more fun on any other profession. Not everyone goes for maximum performance. Some people like to play how they enjoy playing, god forbid, I know.

There’s no such thing as a “wrong” group. That is absurd, and horribly elitist and disgusting. I sincerely hope you’re not the kind of person that boots people that aren’t Warriors.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Put it on youtube. I call BS if you don’t. “Massive damage”, what a load of crap.

And to people saying berserker warriors are no good to a group because they die, the same applies to rangers. And honestly? I’ve met even more bad rangers than bad berserker warriors. The difference is that when both are good the ranger is still garbage and doesn’t come close to half of the warrior’s damage output while not justifying it with the powerful utility of the guardian and mesmer and elementalist.

You are in the wrong group, simple. The thing people don’t understand is that once someone has made a warrior alt, and tasted what it is like to run a dungeon with a lot of high dps in their group, they don’t want to go back to what is was before the warrior alt.
Subject Alpha dies way too fast in an efficient, high dps group for anyone in the party to take too much “chipping damage”, and his major attacks are highly predictable, telegraphed AoE that can be dodged all the time.

In a good group, no one needs your healing spring. I say that as someone who used to partner with a ranger in fractals and completely abuse the water field combo field, spamming cluster bomb to maintain the both of us alive when the rest of the group died. I don’t play that way anymore cause an efficient group doesn’t need heals. Thief used to be my main, my first character and experience with the game, and I abused combo fields with a ranger friend, I used a high initiative regen to get the ability to basically spam the blast finisher as much as I wanted. I don’t play the thief class anymore, and don’t really care for the ranger, the war/guard/mes just outshine those in every single way. You don’t need healing combos, you don’t need group heals in a decent group that can kill things very quickly and dodge the few major attacks. Chipping damage ? What chipping damage ? things will die before our HP goes down low enough for us to get hurt.

Who the hell are you to tell me I’m in the WRONG group? My original post referred to unreliable pugs in the early days, Ranger is only one of my five characters with the lowest playtime, Sonic Boon Warrior being my second most-played and Thief being my most-played. I’ve run CoE over 300 times in total on all five characters in almost the exact same guild member composition every single time and we have never had any trouble whatsoever with any of the content within any of the 3 paths of CoE or any other dungeon in the entire game, period. Just because we don’t run 4 Warriors + 1 Mesmer or 5 Warriors for the loldps doesn’t somehow make the group worse. When I use Ranger for the daily tokens, the guildies relax a little and preserve endurance as the conditions drain away, at least on path 1 and 2 for the burns. It’s a convenience thing, as for path 3 it’s back to the usual dodges against the ice and stack on the earth.

I’ve run the fabled dps groups before, and while it’s highly convenient, it’s INSANELY boring and I have far much more fun on any other profession. Not everyone goes for maximum performance. Some people like to play how they enjoy playing, god forbid, I know.

There’s no such thing as a “wrong” group. That is absurd, and horribly elitist and disgusting. I sincerely hope you’re not the kind of person that boots people that aren’t Warriors.

Of course there is a wrong group when doing speed runs or PuG’ing. You may be fine and having fun with inefficient setups, but the run isn’t solely about you.

It’s good that you have teammates willing to accommodate the additional clear time you are putting on them by bringing your ranger, but for other groups, their time is precious. They’d play the game for about 3 hours a session, and they’d like to make the most of it before they log off.

Time may not be precious to you, but it is valuable to other people. Dismiss it all you want, but some people would rather obtain their stuff sooner than later.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

They should just change the name to Guild Warriors and a Mesmer for Portal 2 and be done with it.

Auesis.7301

Of course there is a wrong group when doing speed runs or PuG’ing. You may be fine and having fun with inefficient setups, but the run isn’t solely about you.

It’s good that you have teammates willing to accommodate the additional clear time you are putting on them by bringing your ranger, but for other groups, their time is precious. They’d play the game for about 3 hours a session, and they’d like to make the most of it before they log off.

Time may not be precious to you, but it is valuable to other people. Dismiss it all you want, but some people would rather obtain their stuff sooner than later.

I hope you’re not serious. There is a “wrong” group in a speed run, sure, but not a PUG or a guild/friend group where everyone has no concern for speed. Anything goes in a PUG. If it were your way, everyone in the entire game would be a Warrior or a Mesmer. Do you see nothing wrong with that?!

On top of that, your ridiculously condescending tone as if anything other than a LOLDEEPS ZERK WAR is not worthy to exist is hilarious. “Willing to accommodate”…give me a kittening break. At what point did I say it was about me? Every guildie brings every character they have for the tokens. Please explain how I’m somehow selfish or think the world revolves around me. I’d love to know how you reached that conclusion.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Ioflux.4369

I hope you’re not serious. There is a “wrong” group in a speed run, sure, but not a PUG or a guild/friend group where everyone has no concern for speed. Anything goes in a PUG. If it were your way, everyone in the entire game would be a Warrior or a Mesmer. Do you see nothing wrong with that?!

On top of that, your ridiculously condescending tone as if anything other than a LOLDEEPS ZERK WAR is not worthy to exist is hilarious. “Willing to accommodate”…give me a kittening break. At what point did I say it was about me? Every guildie brings every character they have for the tokens. Please explain how I’m somehow selfish or think the world revolves around me. I’d love to know how you reached that conclusion.

Everyone is certainly free to play whatever class they would like. If it was about the tokens, personally my groups just run coe all 3 paths in <40min and we swap to our other toons right before the reward as to get the tokens. I like getting my rewards quicker but its certainly not for everyone. I just dont like the idea of holding my teammates up with “subpar” when I know I can bring my best and do it faster, (not saying that you are).

The way I see dungeons is, is everyone in there worth their 20% of the party? Of course that number will fluctuate but things start to get slightly annoying when you clearly can see 1 person sittin on ~10% of their party slot making everyone else perform at 22.5% averagely.

Posted by: haxi.9038

haxi.9038

@Zenith
You tried really hard to make people realize how godawful rangers are and roll another class or stop playing it. Well, I think that one day, someone is going to send you a thank you mail because they didn’t roll the ranger class after reading your posts. I sincerely thank you for helping out the new players.

@Auesis
First off, from what you have written, I assume that you must be a really good player if you managed to ultilize the abilities of the ranger to such an extent. Zenith merely mentioned the ideal gear/class setup that he believes in, no need to get all worked up. Some people just think differently and as long as they specify clearly the class/gear setup that they are looking for, I don’t think that they are bothering anyone. I, for one, would like to run a dungeon in the shortest time possible. As for the “bringing every character they have for tokens” part, I personally prefer to run the dungeon with my warrior and switch over to my ranger at the end for tokens if I need them as I feel that it would be an utter waste of everyone’s time if it were to be otherwise. Cheers!

(edited by haxi.9038)

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

Really no reason to play anything except a war/mes/guard in a dungeon,and i die a little inside when i get a full group of necro/rangers/engis

a true story !

(edited by DanH.5879)

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’ve played a Ranger since launch. I love the playstyle and I even grew to love having a pet….
But even when playing my best, I still didn’t really bring anything worthwhile to the group.

I mean, people talk down on engineers too, but at least a condition damage engineer can stack vuln on enemies enough to make them worth bringing. The only thing that’s really uniquely good about a ranger is healing spring.

So, I’m rerolling mesmer. Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t reroll just to have a strong class that’s desired in dungeons, since mesmer was my second favorite class in GW1 (next to ranger), but it was really the tipping point for the change.

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

Despite everyone’s complaints about certain classes not bringing enough to the party in dungeons, fact is that everyone is responsible for their own wellbeing. When in a party I fully expect everyone to carry their own condition removal, dodge well and behave like decent human beings. I kick players who insult/belittle/act like idiots in a dungeon, regardless of class. I love having rangers in CoE P3 especially. As long as they keep their pets on guard and alive, all is well. I know, I have 6 toons and ranger will forever be my first love.

More often than not the troublemakers in my party are zerkers (class irrelevant) who die first and gripe about people not rezzing them quick enough. Well you won’t die if you play well enough, right? Zerker dps = 0 dps when dead in 5 seconds. There are bad sheep in every class. Nothing wrong with playing a ranger as long as you’re good at what you do. LB with 70% crit is at least 1.8k per shot with up to 15k criticals. Can’t complain about that.

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

Any time I see healing spring dropped away from the boss or enemies is pretty much an instant kick

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

I would genuinely, and meanginfully, want to today play with one of these good rangers. Ive tried before to play with rangers, hoping one day to be impressed. Its yet to happen.

Message me in game of you are one of these pariah’s of gw2 where you can play a ranger well and perform some meaningful task to a higher standard than some other profession.

Renegade Protection