What makes a record legit?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

Is this supposed to be a counter argument or what? ‘Cause what’s been said in this “discussion” is nothing. Purely nothing. By most people there. Parallel backfiring at each other for no reason (one thing leads to another), not focusing on the core of the derailed discussion. And that is that the video was not directed towards anyone who felt called out and plus decided to take a hateful approach into reedit discussion that Shadeus tried to start.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It’s a reminder.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

“we do not even see this as a record, looks more like having sum fun in casual gameplay.”
“if you look at rt’s 13sec lupi kill there’s 0 skill involved”

And then do you expect us to reply nice?

Predator.9214

It’s a reminder.

Reminder that this discussion should be taking place on Reedit?
I was the one who asked numerous times that this conversation should be reversed to it’s original state.
If so, I have couple of reminders of my own.

Indeed, they posted in general discussion, next to the “Coasters For the Kids. A CHARITY” and “Champion Farming” threads.

Their guild name is kinda ironical since this game is purely directed towards casuals. Casuals of the world, unite!

And this is me cutting back on your derailing posts.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)

(edited by Predator.9214)

Predator.9214

“we do not even see this as a record, looks more like having sum fun in casual gameplay.”
“if you look at rt’s 13sec lupi kill there’s 0 skill involved”

And then do you expect us to reply nice?

Again, I will repeat myself, what has been said in reedit is pointless backfiring at each other with no mentions of having a normal discussion and actual original topic discussion. And not focusing on the core issue here.
You (as in “rT”) feeling called out, while in reality you were not even at a back of his mind, and hateful approach to a forementioned reedit “discussion”.
And getting backfired in same manner.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)

Wethospu.6437

So which rt is he talking about then?

Predator.9214

Where was the name “rT” been mentioned in his videos? Or anyone’s for that matter?
Name “rT” came up after hateful approach of the “rT” members towards the discussion on reddit and YouTube video(s).

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)

haviz.1340

Indeed, they posted in general discussion, next to the “Coasters For the Kids. A CHARITY” and “Champion Farming” threads.

Their guild name is kinda ironical since this game is purely directed towards casuals. Casuals of the world, unite!

Because posting in general discussion where you have scrubs fighting over who farms champions faster is a great way to start a proper discussion about dungeons, right? Not to mention the thread was like “Is fgs an exploit and why do you not agree with me?” Proper way to do that is to start discussion here.

And this game is purely directed towards casuals.

Predator.9214

Because posting in general discussion where you have scrubs fighting over who farms champions faster is a great way to start a proper discussion about dungeons, right? Not to mention the thread was like “Is fgs an exploit and why do you not agree with me?” Proper way to do that is to start discussion here.

And this game is purely directed towards casuals.

Off topic in an already derailed thread. Just when I thought it cannot get worse.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)

haviz.1340

How nice of you to keep everyone on main topic.

Predator.9214

As you can see I failed miserably. Got sucked in the vortex of hate and unnecessary rage towards the guild leader.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Off topic in an already derailed thread. Just when I thought it cannot get worse.

I hate to admit it, but if that’s really true you haven’t been on the dungeon forums enough.

In the meantime, don’t mind me, just observing.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Wethospu.6437

Where was the name “rT” been mentioned in his videos? Or anyone’s for that matter?
Name “rT” came up after hateful approach of the “rT” members towards the discussion on reddit and YouTube video(s).

I don’t care about the video, didn’t even watch it. I fail to understand how not talking about us in one video justifies calling us casual/zero skill.
Honestly, if people in my guild did same I would seriously consider either kicking them or leaving (if kicking failed).

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

As you can see I failed miserably. Got sucked in the vortex of hate and unnecessary rage towards the guild leader.

It’s not even the guild leader specifically. It’s just general distaste after drama stirred up between guilds. You’re trying to defend Shadeus, when it’s not Shadeus that people are necessarily directing the dislike towards.

For me personally, I wouldnt have a problem if Debby didn’t act like a BHB whenever we submitted something with FGS involved.

Quote from Debby: “[rT] tactics: steal other guild’s tactics, add ele for fiery GS, dont give credit, and grow Epe*n.”

I guess that is directed at a different rT, probably an NA guild or something.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Predator.9214

I don’t care about the video, didn’t even watch it. I fail to understand how not talking about us in one video justifies calling us casual/zero skill.
Honestly, if people in my guild did same I would seriously consider either kicking them or leaving (if kicking failed).

You fail to understand obviously.
Then my guess is that you are referring to something that has been said in heat of the backfiring at each other. Which I will not touch on, since all of you (including HC members) were having a pointless and derailed discussion. With lots of negativity added.
As far as your principle of kicking “rebellious” members, you might wanna start sweeping over guild list then. No disrespect intended.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)

Predator.9214

It’s not even the guild leader specifically. It’s just general distaste after drama stirred up between guilds. You’re trying to defend Shadeus, when it’s not Shadeus that people are necessarily directing the dislike towards.

For me personally, I wouldnt have a problem if Debby didn’t act like a BHB whenever we submitted something with FGS involved.

Quote from Debby: “[rT] tactics: steal other guild’s tactics, add ele for fiery GS, dont give credit, and grow Epe*n.”

I guess that is directed at a different rT, probably an NA guild or something.

I said I can’t vouch for what Debby says, that’s something that falls on her head, but I am curious though, when and where has this been said?

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

this is without a doubt one of the worst and dumbest conversations to ever have happened on this here forum

Retired. Too many casuals.

haviz.1340

EDITED: I’m just going to delete it, it strinks of pure hatred and we need more world peace.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Wethospu.6437

There’s a fine line between thrash talking/trolling and being extremely disrespecting. I’m not aware that our guys would have crossed that line. If they have, then I apologize for them. If you can point out any example (I’m not going to hunt for them) then I will get it sorted out, one way or another.

Predator.9214

Okay guys, even tho’ his grammar is catastrophic, and has an option to leave the discussion if he dislikes it, I agree with “Broadicea”. This conversation is heading no where and is pretty pointless.
I guess I just wanted to say my opinion and somewhat defend myself and other guild members who don’t deserve this hate, giving the fact that you guys were all over HC like who knows what has been done.
Anyway I apologize if I caused discomfort, and hopefully we can somehow in future find a unanimous language, as my people would say.
Cheers.

inb4 mods

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)

(edited by Predator.9214)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Dis be getting good.

Broadicea.8294

wtf man my grammar is impeccable. there’s no one that can match me. my style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I’m just ferocious. Praise be to Allah!

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

The best part about all of this is the ‘debate’ always turns into a bunch of monkeys throwing fecal matter at one another. I love GW2 dungeon forums, doesn’t matter what the subject is about, it’s always gonna have the same ending,

Coming from somebody who’s posts are full of “fecal” throwing at others. Please try to be respectfull for once.

This… is actually true.

Swiftpaw best troll NA

I have to respectfully agree.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Well ok, HC made untimely critiques, rT over-reacted a bit, not too much harm done in the end since records are obsolete now, the real deal is the Ascension Challenge !!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Ascension-Challenge-Vol-1/first

No seriously, everything has been said and I don’t believe anybody here hates anyone else. Let’s move on…

… to the Ascension Challenge.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

this is without a doubt one of the worst and dumbest conversations to ever have happened on this here forum

Good to know it wasn’t my religious argument….

PS: +1 to swiftpaw best troll NA

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I’d last but not least like to see some examples of rT members hating on HC.
All that discussion started because of some (really disrespectful) comments on youtube and proceeded in forums where HC tried proving FGS as exploit and therefore declaring our records as non-legit. I don’t really know where Shadeus himself fit there in, he only did one video about it explaining but wasn’t involved in any discussion on youtube i believe. I seriously fail to see hate towards him, especially since we have been and still are playing together once in a while.

But anyway, -the honey badger- doesn’t give a kitten.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

haviz.1340

Well ok, HC made untimely critiques, rT over-reacted a bit, not too much harm done in the end since records are obsolete now, the real deal is the Ascension Challenge !!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Ascension-Challenge-Vol-1/first

No seriously, everything has been said and I don’t believe anybody here hates anyone else. Let’s move on…

… to the Ascension Challenge.

Remove the ascension part from the name, please.

Zelyhn.8069

The honey badger is keen on the Ascension Challenge.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

HC: Fiery rush is an exploit therefore rT’s record is not legit
rT: Fiery rush is obviously not an exploit and HC is saying that because we beat their record

IMO, if you think fiery rush is an then nobody cares, but don’t go around saying it’s an exploit and that rT’s record aren’t legit.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Broadicea.8294

just post a youtube video and call it “World Record _ Clear Time [NO FGS]” and see which one gets more upvotes

and then blow your own brains out because you still play this game and care too much

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

and then blow your own brains out because you still play this game and care too much

As some people are still enjoying themselves I don’t like the way you seem to look down on those who are doing so, some of these threads do take a turn to the extreme though, but that’s mostly to blame to the people who keep on insulting and trolling each other for fun.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

haviz.1340

As some people are still enjoying themselves I don’t like the way you seem to look down on those who are doing so, some of these threads do take a turn to the extreme though, but that’s mostly to blame to the people who keep on insulting and trolling each other for fun.

We desperately need something like this.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

The best part about all of this is the ‘debate’ always turns into a bunch of monkeys throwing fecal matter at one another. I love GW2 dungeon forums, doesn’t matter what the subject is about, it’s always gonna have the same ending,

Coming from somebody who’s posts are full of “fecal” throwing at others. Please try to be respectfull for once.

What! Come on now, I always post beautiful sentiments that are rarely appreciated. People lose their cool like no tomorrow, this is hardly my fault <3

Here is the video that will hopefully quell whatever jimmies are a ’rustlin today in this thread.

http://youtu.be/ygr5AHufBN4

+1 Swiftpaw best troll NA.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Spiky Muffin.9180

Spiky Muffin.9180

Delightful as always swift. pls never stop doing what you are best at!
posts like these always make me happy

[rT]
Youtube"

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

+1 Swiftpaw best troll NA.

This.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

can i be the best troll in EU?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

So now the community is against “faceroll team compositions”? I don’t get it.. is the implication that every speedrun team should intentionally gimmp themselves to provide more entertainment? I mean the, ENTIRE POINT of speedruns is to say “Hey, I know this thing is very easy but to prove to you that I’m good, I’m going to do it faster than you can”. It makes no sense to me at all to say that a high dps oriented team composition makes things “uninteresting” or “too easy”. Why in the name of kitten would I (or anyone else for that matter) want to watch a kittenty team composition do anything when you know that 5 idiots with a good team composition could do it faster.. is everyone seriously THAT bored of this garbage game that we now must go this far to be entertained?

[DnT]

(edited by Syn Sity.5826)

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

is everyone serious THAT bored of this garbage game

Attachments:

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I’m still not sure why a less optimized team would be more interesting to watch.. but what do I know, right?

[DnT]

Wethospu.6437

Then run something optimized, not just something easy like 4w/1g or 4w/1m.

For example on Lupicus times got better and better when people moved away from 4w/1m.

Banning class stacking would at least force people to actually explore the classes and show community that correctly build lots of classes are good.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

haviz.1340

I’m still not sure why a less optimized team would be more interesting to watch.. but what do I know, right?

That’s pretty much a point of it. Running something like 3w/1m/1g gives 90%* of full potential while requires from players 10%* of effort.

*numbers pull out from kitten .

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

new rule: Rush, Savage Leap, RTL, burning speed, and any other skill that projects you forward cannot be used in speed clears. these skills were intended to hit a target thus using them untargeted to travel faster is an exploit of game mechanics. Only swiftness will be allowed.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

Zelyhn.8069

Not burning speed

getyafactsright

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

spoj.9672

Im with Syn Sity on this. Banning class stacking is going too far. Records will no longer feel like records if you cant even legitimetly choose certain compositions. So what if they are faceroll? If they get it done the fastest, thats the games fault for making mobile self buffers so ridiculous. Anyway I can see people avoiding class stacking for many dungeons regardless of the mobility issue. Watched rT’s path 2 run the other day. Using fiery gs for mobility on the ele and guardian is a really good idea.

I know you guys are bored of class stacking, but its up to you to complete paths in record times without stacking if you’re so against it. And i think the only reason stacking warriors is still good is because of running sections? Theres plenty of dungeons with shorter running sections or im sure you can come up with ways to keep the whole group mobile just like you’ve done with FGS.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Broadicea.8294

3W/1G/1M isn’t the most optimal comp but it’s probably the most efficient in terms of effort/clear time, not to mention real world time spent learning the classes. If you don’t like it, up thine game and bring ranger/engie/ele/whatever would be the most optimal for that content and claim the record. the record will speak for itself.

spoj.9672

3W/1G/1M isn’t the most optimal comp but it’s probably the most efficient in terms of effort/clear time, not to mention real world time spent learning the classes. If you don’t like it, up thine game and bring ranger/engie/ele/whatever would be the most optimal for that content and claim the record. the record will speak for itself.

Agreed.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Agreed.

You kitten kitty when are you going to log in I’M SICK OF WAITING FOR TEQUILA TO SPAWN
/rant

Posted by: Ather.5091

Ather.5091

Agreed. From what I have seen class stacking promotes fast casual speed runs with players of mixed skill, however records are made by the most experienced players using multiple professions optimally