What to do when everything is done?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

End game is PvP in dungeon forums.

Elitist vs Casuals it seems. No rules, because there are no enforcers (unless you get butt/hurt and report a post)

I would love to compare the metrics on how often dungeon forum regulars get reported/infracted versus how often it happens to bads that wander in and get yelled at

5:1 ratio easily

and that’s from swiftpaw alone

I should write a short story about Swiftpaw.

it’d better be saucy as kitten.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

End game is PvP in dungeon forums.

Elitist vs Casuals it seems. No rules, because there are no enforcers (unless you get butt/hurt and report a post)

I would love to compare the metrics on how often dungeon forum regulars get reported/infracted versus how often it happens to bads that wander in and get yelled at

5:1 ratio easily

and that’s from swiftpaw alone

I should write a short story about Swiftpaw.

it’d better be saucy as kitten.

It will be………

Attachments:

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

“Never have I heard a mouth so foul! I will whip you until the Lord’s word is all that you speak, child!” Tears followed these words as they always did, and poor Swiftpaw closed her eyes hoping that the beating would be over soon. The priests at her boarding school treated her especially nasty since young Swiftpaw refused to memorize her multiplication tables and scriptures like the other good children. Swiftpaw wanted something more, she wanted to feel alive and experience life in a way that didn’t involve mindless memorization and dreary school uniforms.

Her fifteenth birthday around the corner, Swiftpaw lay in bed pondering life. It was dark, the other students were asleep, and she had spent enough of her life in this terrible place. Her parents didn’t want her, her teachers beat her, and her classmates ridiculed her for desiring to be different. She sat up in the middle of the night, grabbed her guitar case, and jammed as much of her clothes into it as she could fit. She lightly tossed it out of the window, careful not to make too much noise, and hopped out after it. The grass was damp from the light rain of the English country side, and the night smelled fresh. Tomorrow would be a new start.

On her twenty-first birthday, Swiftpaw had finally saved enough money to buy a computer- something that she had dreamed of owning for years. She unpacked the computer from it’s slightly dented cardboard box and placed it on the one table she could afford to furnish her one-bedroom apartment with. Life had not been kind to her thus far, but now she had an escape. Videogames.

After installing and booting up Guild Wars 2, Swiftpaw felt a magic like she had never felt before. She could create a new identity for herself and get lost in an online world, free of the noise found on the busy streets outside. She could be quiet, but her Guardian could growl “Retreat!” as she prepared an Aegis to block a devastating blow from the Champion Giant in Harathi Hinterlands. All of these fantastic people were learning to play a wonderful game together, sharing fun and exciting experiences all over Tyria. This was possibly the greatest thing yet that had happened to dear Swiftpaw.

The screen turned grey again, informing Swiftpaw that she had been defeated. “I HATE THESE PUGS” she screamed out loud, throwing her keyboard across the room and watching the key caps fly off as it crashed to the floor. “I wish that these bads would just leave and play something else, I can’t do this. I’ll die if I have to continue on.” Swiftpaw passed out from the intense anger and remembered the days of being harassed in boarding school. The beatings, the ridicule, the angry teachers, the terrible and itchy uniforms. Hours later, Swiftpaw awoke and looked at her screen. She had been kicked from the party and disconnected due to inactivity. A sad smile came over her face, and she headed to the closet.

She took out her favorite leather belt, and then walked into the kitchen to grab a hammer and some nails leftover from hanging her paintings on the walls of her bedroom. She looped the belt through the buckle, nailed it the wall in her kitchen that faced the window overlooking the street below, and slipped it around her neck. She would not be defeated by the pugs or by memories of old, she would take care of her life all on her own. As her breath ceased and her faced turned a pale shade of blue, there was a snapping of fingers and Swiftpaw shot up from her therapist’s couch. Astonished at the how vivid and troubled the description of her dream was, her therapist reached into his desk and poured a glass of whiskey, looking to Swiftpaw and saying “You only live once.”

Fin.

Brazil

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

The night was dark, and the soft pitter-patter of footsteps was becoming louder…

“I told you this was going to be bad,” said xXNoScopeXx the bowbear Ranger. The Guardian replied with “You just have to circle strafe the Crusher and kite him after i Take aggro on the patrol of mobs. My Rabid gear has Toughness,” a tactic he frequently used in his guild of friends he had known since the fifth grade. “We should just kill the Hunter first so there isn’t any poison,” Brazil typed as he let out a sigh and took another drink from his Mason jar containing Newcastle Brown Ale.

After the 3 complete wipes, the group of insubordinates defeated the pair of bosses and made their way to the Magecrusher, taking the aggro of every enemy that met their eyes. xXNoScopeXx frantically typed “I keep dying because my mom is bothering me with dinner again” into party chat as his photo in the party UI turned a deep shade of gray for the sixth or seventh time. The heroic Guardian felt he could offer his fellow pug a helping hand. Both lads took the waypoint and ran in tandem through the vile group of enemies, dodging and diving between purple circles and waves of green projectiles as they went.

After a safe go at the Magecrusher by means of ranging him from on top of a rock, the group of pusillanimous pugs casually strolled to the light orbs. “We can skip these gorillas, I saw it in Strife’s video” murmured the Staff Necro that had been quite up until this point. Brazil bravely said “I’ll just take the first one alone” as his face had become more red from alcohol ingestion as the dungeon run had “progressed” onward. The first orb was taken flawlessly with a swift Rush and Bull’s Charge, but the Guardian would not be outclassed as he took his own orb and died when he realized there was no light fixture to place it in. The gorillas swarmed in, and the Guardian swore and blamed keybinds as xXNoScopeXx spammed “LOLNOOB” repeatedly in map chat. After a quick 45 minutes of negotiating who would run the orb, the Mesmer had an epiphany. “I could just portal you, you know.” Everyone in the party was livid, and there was weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The road to Lupicus was not easy, but after clearing the entire group of mobs, only the Champion Orrian Warrior remained. Blade Trails went without dodges, Bleed stacks went without cleanses, and Staff Guardians face planted into the explody corpses in the side of the room. After a brief 20 minute struggle between kiting and ranging, the Champion fell and the loot boxes were picked up, rewarding the group’s effort with a green pants and Bloodstone Dust. It was now time to fight the boss of bosses.

Lupicus stood up, and in the panic of watching Brazil move into melee range, the pugs screamed and moaned in chat about how Warrior DPS was needed to kill grubs. Brazil would not have it, though, and cleverly typed “You are a horse and you can ride to knob head land. Get it.” into chat. The Cursed Shore loading screen appeared, and an alcoholic rage commenced in Brazil’s silent and dark room like there had never been. The Sugar Glider’s cage was broken open, the Les Paul was thrown violently out of the window, and screams were heard through the wall as someone banged on the door and yelled “THE POLICE ARE ON THEIR WAY!” Brazil ran naked into the night, with red and blue flashing lights following in close pursuit. All he could remember at that point were lines from The Fast and the Furious, as he collapsed in the road, hoping that Paul Walker would bail him out with the keys to a 1993 Toyota Supra.

Fin.

That is the single best thing I’ve ever read on these forums. You sire have made my day.

Signed
Bearbow Ranger

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

kittening amazing, I love it.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Easily 80% of my posts get infracted.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

this subforum is better than playing the game today.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’m on a role with words. It’s going to get even better.

Brazil

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

ahahah omg

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I love story time with Brazil.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Most days I’m sad I cannot play and have to lower my IQ reading dungeon forum posts.

Today, today is the day, I say nay! The dungeon forum is better than gameplay. May this day live in infamy.

RIP in peace Robert

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

The runway was dark, the lights were blinding, the alcohol was wearing off, and the crowd was explosive. It was Wethospu’s turn to walk the runway in the Dungeon Forum Fashion Show, and the laughter could be heard by insects inhabiting the grass outside of the building. Tomatoes and various types of rotten fruit were thrown onto the stage as Wethospu’s horrific armor set and dye choices caused chaos and headaches that could only be rivaled by an episode of Jerry Springer.

Wethospu fled the stage and retreated back into the gates of The Ruined City of Arah, his only home in Guild Wars 2. Here he could be at peace, observing the fashion trends of his undead friends and whispering gentle words to them as the mindlessly wandered through the ancient sand. “I’ll show them all. I’ll make a video of a Lupicus solo and it will change the world. People will know my name, and I will be the best there is.”

Operative Belka was first on the list, and just like any snobby Inquest would do, she ridiculed Wethospu’s fashion sense like the rest had before her. When Wethospu put away his Longbow and drew his Greatsword, though, Belka knew that this would be a different encounter than she was used to. Most pugs with their projectile spamming circle strafe tactics were no match for her reflection, but a Greatsword? Surely she could counter this. The fight was soon over, and the tiny Asura lay on the ground beaten and bruised with Wethospu’s hideous boot planted on top of her head.

Next up was the Abomination. The run past the Spiders and Sentinels was simple, because none were willing to approach such a man crazy enough to shroud his body in garments so distasteful. The hideous Abomination mumbled unintelligible sentences in a deep voice and approached Wethospu without any fear of his wardrobe disaster, for the Abomination was a being above clothes. Nudity would prevail in this fight, surely, but this was not the case as Wethospu outmaneuvered the beast and gracefully side-stepped his slow attacks. The great Abomination fell; undead blood and guts spilled from the stitches strewn across its body and covered the ancient sand below.

Next was his final stop: Giganticus Lupicus. Robert Hrouda (RIP) had warned him about this one. He approached the undead monstrosity with his chest puffed out, proudly displaying his horrendous armor. Lupicus awoke and rose from his position in the arena, revealing an indentation in the ground from having rested there so long. Lupicus would not be beaten by such a small man with a lack of fashion sense, and threw his arms into the air to summon a barrage of energy-infused projectiles onto Wethospu’s position. Wethospu’s Riposte blocked the projectiles, and it was followed by a Rush straight towards the undead behemoth. The fight drew on for several minutes, but the beast grew tired. It had taken too many critical hits, and the Eviscerate was more than it could handle. Lupicus fell into the center of the arena, and Wethospu wiped the blood and sweat from his already disgusting armor.

Armed with footage of defeating the most challenging boss in the game, Wethospu returned to the next year’s Dungeon Forum Fashion Show. This time sporting a new dye scheme, Wethospu strolled proudly onto the runway. Rotten fruit in hand and ready to be thrown, the crowd paused as the screen behind began to display footage of the brave Warrior’s feats. Jaws and hands dropped to the ground, and praise was given to the Warrior Wethospu for his great success.

In the back of the room, a cloaked figure rose and began to exit the building. Removing the long, black cloak, a Sylvari Warrior dressed in ancient Orrian armor with a dye scheme to rival Wethospu’s headed off to Cursed Shore. Now it was Strife’s turn.

Fin.

Brazil

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

This has to become a blog.

“Brazil’s DG history of the week”.

Success guaranteed.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

WHAT DOES DG MEAN?

Brazil

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

WHAT DOES DG MEAN?

Deeeepz Grandprix.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

>:[

Brazil

Broadicea.8294

I thought swiftpaw’s “epicurean” guangpost was the best I’d ever see, but this…

this

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’m good I guess.

Brazil

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Anet should hire you to be their Head Lore writer Brazil.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’m sure I could do better than Trahearne and Scarlet.

Brazil

Ethics.4519

I’m sure I could do better than Trahearne and Scarlet.

We are ALL sure of that.

RIP in peace Robert

Dub.1273

Better said: You couldn’t do worse.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Get another game

swiftpaw.6397

This was beautiful. Beautiful T_T. I will be remembered.

Every time someone ties on a leather belt, they will remember me.
Every time someone rages, frothing at the mouth at some casual. I will be there in their minds, comforting them.

Yolo, my friends. yolo. *whispers softly *

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

We need swiftpaw story part 2, and it should end with “swag”.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

@brazil: Please…. more…. MORE!!!!!

/cries

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

That Wethospu short is better than my CoF Rhapsody

Nice work Brazil. Looking forward to more.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Tree.3916

We don’t get to see more because the moderators hate brazil… RIP

Tree.3916

Seems like they discovered the dungeon forums haha

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

Not modbots? oh dear, what happened to be able to play how you want, with who you want.

spoj.9672

There is no place we can call safe now. Its all over, its all over.

Ethics.4519

Why cant I post on the forums how I want?

huh? HUH?!?! Isn’t that want you want casuals?

FOR ME TO DO WHAT I WANT?!?!?

>:(

You still can. BHBs just get BH and report.

Edit: I have taken a wild guess at what BHB actually stands for. My previous statement may or may not make sense.

RIP in peace Robert

swiftpaw.6397

Why cant I post on the forums how I want?

huh? HUH?!?! Isn’t that want you want casuals?

FOR ME TO DO WHAT I WANT?!?!?

>:(

You still can. BHBs just get BH and report.

Edit: I have taken a wild guess at what BHB actually stands for. My previous statement may or may not make sense.

You got it ;D

Dub.1273

Has brazil been banned from forum? kitten , he achieved what i’ve been trying for weeks now.

30 infraction points are not even enough for a 3 day ban

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Does BHB stand for Black hearted kittens???? I need to know…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Bu/tthurt Babies?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

swiftpaw.6397

I like dogs

mosspit.8936

I like the subtlety.

swiftpaw.6397

Any less and I would get an infraction so fast you wouldn’t even blink and I’d be in the naughty corner with Brazil… o-o

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

mosspit.8936

Strangely I completely believe you.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

The runway was dark, the lights were blinding, the alcohol was wearing off, and the crowd was explosive. It was Wethospu’s turn to walk the runway in the Dungeon Forum Fashion Show, and the laughter could be heard by insects inhabiting the grass outside of the building. Tomatoes and various types of rotten fruit were thrown onto the stage as Wethospu’s horrific armor set and dye choices caused chaos and headaches that could only be rivaled by an episode of Jerry Springer.

Wethospu fled the stage and retreated back into the gates of The Ruined City of Arah, his only home in Guild Wars 2. Here he could be at peace, observing the fashion trends of his undead friends and whispering gentle words to them as the mindlessly wandered through the ancient sand. “I’ll show them all. I’ll make a video of a Lupicus solo and it will change the world. People will know my name, and I will be the best there is.”

Operative Belka was first on the list, and just like any snobby Inquest would do, she ridiculed Wethospu’s fashion sense like the rest had before her. When Wethospu put away his Longbow and drew his Greatsword, though, Belka knew that this would be a different encounter than she was used to. Most pugs with their projectile spamming circle strafe tactics were no match for her reflection, but a Greatsword? Surely she could counter this. The fight was soon over, and the tiny Asura lay on the ground beaten and bruised with Wethospu’s hideous boot planted on top of her head.

Next up was the Abomination. The run past the Spiders and Sentinels was simple, because none were willing to approach such a man crazy enough to shroud his body in garments so distasteful. The hideous Abomination mumbled unintelligible sentences in a deep voice and approached Wethospu without any fear of his wardrobe disaster, for the Abomination was a being above clothes. Nudity would prevail in this fight, surely, but this was not the case as Wethospu outmaneuvered the beast and gracefully side-stepped his slow attacks. The great Abomination fell; undead blood and guts spilled from the stitches strewn across its body and covered the ancient sand below.

Next was his final stop: Giganticus Lupicus. Robert Hrouda (RIP) had warned him about this one. He approached the undead monstrosity with his chest puffed out, proudly displaying his horrendous armor. Lupicus awoke and rose from his position in the arena, revealing an indentation in the ground from having rested there so long. Lupicus would not be beaten by such a small man with a lack of fashion sense, and threw his arms into the air to summon a barrage of energy-infused projectiles onto Wethospu’s position. Wethospu’s Riposte blocked the projectiles, and it was followed by a Rush straight towards the undead behemoth. The fight drew on for several minutes, but the beast grew tired. It had taken too many critical hits, and the Eviscerate was more than it could handle. Lupicus fell into the center of the arena, and Wethospu wiped the blood and sweat from his already disgusting armor.

Armed with footage of defeating the most challenging boss in the game, Wethospu returned to the next year’s Dungeon Forum Fashion Show. This time sporting a new dye scheme, Wethospu strolled proudly onto the runway. Rotten fruit in hand and ready to be thrown, the crowd paused as the screen behind began to display footage of the brave Warrior’s feats. Jaws and hands dropped to the ground, and praise was given to the Warrior Wethospu for his great success.

In the back of the room, a cloaked figure rose and began to exit the building. Removing the long, black cloak, a Sylvari Warrior dressed in ancient Orrian armor with a dye scheme to rival Wethospu’s headed off to Cursed Shore. Now it was Strife’s turn.

Fin.

“Dress like you want” – Anet

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’m back!

But now I don’t even feel like writing any more.

Brazil

spoj.9672

This is a sad day. Modbot killed Brazils will to write.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I can’t have a signature now and I have a 300 second limit between posts.

Brazil

Broadicea.8294

they got me too. Hate this game and the people who play it.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

they got me too. Hate this game and the people who play it.

When my 3DS gets here, goodbye Guild Wars 2.

Attachments:

Brazil

Dub.1273

What did actually happen?

Dub | [rT]