When balance hits, how will raid teams fare?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

Considering ANet is deadset on not splitting PvP and PvE, either all the elite specs will remain a power creep or you’ll have a lot more problems against the raid bosses when everyone power scaling is down to the level of warriors and thieves. What would be the more likely scenario here?

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Then they will have to nerf bosses HP to compensate, simple as that.

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It all depends on what gets nerfed and how. It is actually quite easy to nerf things in pvp and have them remain strong in pve since what makes something strong is quite different between the two modes. For instance zerker staff ele has been a powerhouse in pve for a long time, yet has always been a garbage tier gimmick build in pvp.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

What would be the more likely scenario here?

Players get better or they stop meeting dps checks at gors when pugging.

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I am not sure. But I will go out on a limb and guess that when the next raid wing hits. The first will get a slight nerf. This will allow the better groups to keep progressing. And allow the groups that are having trouble to catch up a bit and do the content as well. It keeps the more elite players happy by having the new content hard. It allows the more casual players to actually do the content. I assume this will be the case because nearly every MMO raid I have ever done has done this. It makes sense.

So to relate to your question. It may not matter, if the new encounters are balanced to the new profession balance.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The devs will change a couple trait numbers and you’ll pick a better trait to use. That will be the balancing gw2 does until gw3 comes.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

I am not sure. But I will go out on a limb and guess that when the next raid wing hits. The first will get a slight nerf. This will allow the better groups to keep progressing. And allow the groups that are having trouble to catch up a bit and do the content as well. It keeps the more elite players happy by having the new content hard. It allows the more casual players to actually do the content. I assume this will be the case because nearly every MMO raid I have ever done has done this. It makes sense.

So to relate to your question. It may not matter, if the new encounters are balanced to the new profession balance.

They at least announced that they will not nerf the old raidwings.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I definitely would not be happy about a “slight nerf” unless the current rewards and achievements get retired so people who beat the true difficulty do not loose prestige.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Bosses can be killed with a lot of time left, people are just going to step up their game. Besides that I doubt there’s going to be a lot of extreme nerfs.

BloodyNine.7504

I definitely would not be happy about a “slight nerf” unless the current rewards and achievements get retired so people who beat the true difficulty do not loose prestige.

I would agree that I wouldn’t like it either. But it has happened in most MMO raids I have played. They never call them nerfs. They are always adjustments to mechanics that were not functioning as intended from the start. But when you go in and play with the mechanics “as they were intended” the encounters are suddenly easier.

It may not happen in this game, who knows. It would be nice if it didn’t.

And it is never the players who have done the content that are happy about the slight nerf. But they have their loot and they get to say “I did it when it was hard”.

Either way, it will be interesting to see if/what they do change once there is a balance adjustment.

I would also like to add that I feel it is ridiculous that there isn’t separate balance from PvP to PvE.

Malediktus.9250

Calling it adjustments or fixes is just marketing speech for nerfs (most of the time, in rare cases it is a true bug)
The raids are really polished and I cannot think of any encounter mechanic which looks bugged.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

BloodyNine.7504

Calling it adjustments or fixes is just marketing speech for nerfs (most of the time, in rare cases it is a true bug)
The raids are really polished and I cannot think of any encounter mechanic which looks bugged.

I would agree with you. I wasn’t saying that it is bugged or needs adjustments. But that doesn’t stop a developer from making a change that makes content easier and then just saying it was a bug.

Chak Gerent is an example. They said it’s HP was improperly scaling. Was it? Or did they nerf it and say it was a bug fix to avoid the crap storm. PR is an important part of this.

As I said above. I am just speculating that they could do something like this and I wouldn’t be surprised.

Malediktus.9250

Chak Gerent was probably not a bug, maybe too tightly tuned for open world though. I enjoyed the challenge even though I never managed to get into a successful map pre nerf. Now it is so easy that I command it twice a day with minimal fail rate

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Probably do just fine considering burn warrior, while doing jack all in PvP is one of if not the top DPS builds atm for raids.