Who isn't running dungeons for gear only?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Borked.6824

Borked.6824

Post after post after post littered with entitled people whining that their carrot got squashed… Is there anyone that does dungeons for other purposes? I’ll think of a few that I value:

-Hanging out with friends
-Teamwork accomplishment
-Beautiful and unique scenery
-Interesting and diverse story
-Unforgiving mess your face up difficulty

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

I can hang out with my friends – outside of a dungeon.
Teamwork Accomplishment – Yeah…. neither my friends egos nor mine are that big.
Beautiful Unique Scenery – I wouldnt mind seeing it once.
Interesting and Diverse Story – Boring and repetitive story if you have to keep doing it for something you want and as I dont want any of the dungeon exotics, I have no reason to do it.
Unforgiving mess your face up difficulty – Thats fun, but when the rewards for doing that gets smaller to the point I cant even repair my armour…. that’s just too risky, the risk weighs more than the reward, thats not fun.

Posted by: Borked.6824

Borked.6824

Interesting and Diverse Story – Boring and repetitive story if you have to keep doing it for something you want and as I dont want any of the dungeon exotics, I have no reason to do it.
Unforgiving mess your face up difficulty – Thats fun, but when the rewards for doing that gets smaller to the point I cant even repair my armour…. that’s just too risky, the risk weighs more than the reward, thats not fun.

I didn’t ask you to critique what I said. I asked if there is anyone else? If you’re part of the carrot-chasing crowd, then move on.

Posted by: Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

Most people do it for the gear. You’re going to have to face that fact. You’re also going to have to realize that the majority of the player base that plays this who does it for the gear doesn’t enjoy going through the same thing over and over again. It is not dynamic like many other aspects of the game. It is the same thing every time, over and over again.

If you have multiple characters it gets even worse if you want said gear on all of them. This game was originally meant to be fun and not a grind. These dungeons are exactly what they don’t want them to be. If they want to make them fun they need to make these dungeons dynamic.

Rizzy.8293

I didn’t ask you to critique what I said. I asked if there is anyone else? If you’re part of the carrot-chasing crowd, then move on.

Everything is open to criticism, friend.
And what works for you doesn’t work for other people as I shown you with my points

Heres the thing, I dont find the armour in the dungeons visually aethetically exciting, I dont want them at all.

I have no reason to do those dungeons aside from the measily amount of silver I’d get pre patch and the experience (not points) Now with the monetary benefit gone, whats left to do? Play PVP for 2 hours and move on to something new like the first Guildwars since I’ve already got my exotic gear? :|

Posted by: Rislod.7120

Rislod.7120

I have 1400 tokens. I have not spent a single one. I was not even aware there was armor until someone mentioned it two days ago. Right now in my bank i STILL have 1400 tokens and i have no intention of spending any of it.

Posted by: Amodin.1092

Amodin.1092

If you don’t want to hear other peoples’ opinion on a forum for a video game, then perhaps not post? You’ve been here all day countering what (obviously) a lot of people don’t like. You don’t get it, you will never get it.

It’s not about ‘chasing a carrot’ – what a tool remark.

It’s about how it was implemented. It’s about risk versus reward. It’s not about the phat lewt and coin at the end of the dungeon being nerfed into a slap in the face. Hell, I ran CM this morning, got nothing but white gear out of the chests, 6k experience and 3 silver.

People are not going into dungeons at 30 for the first time in game to fulfill your pathetic list above. They are there to better the character they play. Period. That is no longer the option when running a dungeon until you hit 80, and even then you don’t have to do that to build your end game gear (thank god). You want to run things for your list? Great, do that at later levels, even 80 – knock yourself out.

Some of the players just starting and coming into this mess of CM and AC and being totally stun-locked into dungeon submission, walking out with 10 silver repair costs, white gear that isn’t even close to upgrading, and no reward versus the risk of running these things is not a fun way to spend time.

Knockback after knockback, fear after fear, sniper shots taking you out even when you aren’t in line of sight… even while you interrupt mobs, they are so bugged that they ignore the little crowd control we have, and rip you a new one.

That’s what this mass exodus is about.

Posted by: miya.5160

miya.5160

1. I hang out with friends in Mumble and in guild chat, so dungeons are not the go-to to talk to and hang out with them.

2. I’ve done all the story missions with friends and pubs as well as explorables with friends and pubs. A sense of accomplishment comes after the first or second run. After that, I am in it for the tokens, money, and experience.

3. I think the outside in-game world is much more beautiful than the dungeon scenery. I like taking screenshots of things, and very rarely do I think, “Wow, I need to take a picture of that,” in a dungeon. There are exceptions, but I’ve taken far more outside dungeons.

4. As I’ve said in other topics, all the dungeons and story missions are worth seeing and doing once. Arena Net has done an amazing job. Some dungeons are extremely bugged, but there’s no helping that except by waiting.

After the first experience and the novelty has worn off, I am looking for tokens, money, and experience. Tokens are great. I love the cosmetic gear. I’m almost done getting the Nightmare set. However, without money and experience, I’m no longer happily skipping through dungeons to my armor set. I am drudging along.

5. I love difficulty. Whenever I’m in Mumble, I hear people talk about frustrating jumping puzzles or impossible dungeons or stupid fights. There’s always something. I run towards those things.

If I hear someone talk in Map chat about something they’re finding impossible, I go do it with them. I love challenges.

But after doing something 50+ times, it’s hardly challenging. I’m there for… you guessed it… tokens, money, and experience.

I’m not asking things to be handed to me, but 2 silver and 17k experience is a slap to the face after completing a possibly difficult dungeon. In fact, just today, I led a guild of fresh 80s through Twilight Arbor. They’d never the explorable before. The run took much longer than normal. We wiped several times. I had patience and talked them through encounters. We killed everything, because they didn’t know where to run. And at the end of the run, which took about an hour, I was treated to trivial rewards. I hadn’t done that path today yet, either.

How the diminishing returns was explained was that if you ran different paths, you might never even experience them. That was not the case.

(edited by miya.5160)

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

I run dungeons to have fun and A LOT of laughs with my friends.
However, after this update, none of us want to even touch the dungeons anymore.
We ran CM and the reward was bullkitten.
We wasted money rather than gained any.
The drops were crap and the end reward was a major joke.

A lot of my friends and I came to GW2 together.
We LOVE running dungeons together and laughing at our fails.
The rewards at the end always make it so much more better.
In this game we’re upset when we finish.
“That’s it? We just wasted an hour and that was the reward?”
Yeah.
Real Fun :|

Posted by: Freky.1903

Freky.1903

Lol OP really going to run a dungeon for 70+ hours just for the story and get the gear on the side? I lol at you and your logic. The dungeons were made to have a story to it yes and obviously have some nice looking environments but the actual purpose of the
is to get the gear.

@Rislod sorry if I have a hard time believing you ran a dungeon over and over again for the story or environment and just kept the carvings for no reason. If you didn’t know about the armor or weapons you would of gotten rid of them plain and simple. Especially after 70 runs and holding over 5 stacks of them ha your lying is hilarious.

Posted by: Searingarrow.4637

Searingarrow.4637

Well its kind of lame that getting dungeon gear means grinding the crap out of the same bosses doing like 38 runs of the same content… Its pretty boring and tedious… Not that I agree speedrunning should exist… There should just be a more fun and less tedious way to get dungeon gear.

Posted by: Kikz.5097

Kikz.5097

I LoL’d at OP’s arrogance, it’s incredible.

After the 1st run in a path it is about the reward, period.

It is impossible to make a MMO without grind, I’d be glad if someone would prove me wrong, but so far, no one has.

Arena Net is trying (without success) to prevent grinding by making it longer so you focus on other kinds of stuff to do, they are trying to hide it, but you cannot hide something like that from players…

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I do dungeons because i like it.I want more challenge and i can get it only in dungeons.So i don’t run them only for gear but because it’s fun,interesting and the best pve experience that i can get from GW2.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: lambnet.2074

lambnet.2074

I can agree with the OP, the game does limit at a point in time, the dungeons become useless once you grind out a set you want, the cosmetic feel is not enough to satisfy the thirst of players, but now once you get a set even if yellows drop all you can do is salvage them or sell them on AH ( which most people won’t even buy anyways ). The game has a lot to do but at one point it becomes a cycle of the same stuff over and over, but thats the problems with mmorpg’s there will never be so much to do that you will never run into a cycle of content and a lot of the 80s we see now burned so much of the content so quickly in mass amounts it’s no longer fun anymore. This is a problem with all mmorpg’s in general, but to me the game is great for what it is, and we should be getting more content put into the game soon, as more people get 80 or close to 80. So hang in there and just either take a break and just do dailies and WvW or just stay off until new content is put in.

[ESP]Anny – 80 Theif – Henge of Denravi
http://www.espguild.com
http://youtube.com/user/dualtowin

(edited by lambnet.2074)

Posted by: SeedsOfYggdrasil.6315

SeedsOfYggdrasil.6315

There’s this argument that’s been going around that’s absolutely ludicrous.

“If you don’t want to put in the effort for the gear, then don’t do it.”

First of all, yes. Obviously, that’s true. However, it doesn’t make it a justification for the cost of gaining exotic gear from dungeons. It shouldn’t be chore to gain the armor in the first place. It should feel like you’ve accomplished something, not just the hollow feeling that comes with knowing you threw away a weeks worth of casual play just to look slightly different.

Anet didn’t promise us that they would give us a piece of gear after every run of the dungeon. They implied it, and used vague language which made us believe they were doing something great by abandoning the formula used by other MMOs. Maybe you can believe that they didn’t lie to us, but I know what they did. This is just disappointing when I look back and look at how I participated in every playtest and promised my friends they removed the grind. The dungeon skins could be obtained super easily, and I was very happy. My friends didn’t believe me. To imagine the absolute irony…

Rizzy.8293

I do dungeons because i like it.I want more challenge and i can get it only in dungeons.So i don’t run them only for gear but because it’s fun,interesting and the best pve experience that i can get from GW2.

ME TOO!!

But right now, its get into organized teams with voice chat and go through everyones skill list and traits so we can set up cookie cutter combos and inform one another when we’re about to drop a heal just so we dont end up in a bad pug and end up paying 8 silvers for repairs with a 3silver reward.

So I’m not really enjoying doing any dungeons at all at the moment because of the amount of work it takes for the minimal rewards it yields.

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

I stopped going into dungeons strictly for gear a long time ago.
It personally starts to feel grindy, so despite that i would like better gear i personally find i more fun to just run it with friends/guild and have a good time figuring it out.

The bigger my expectation level is to get gear to more i will be disappointed?
So getting better dungeon gear is a nice extra.

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

i always run dungeons with my friends for fun and the experience, rather than the gear!

said no-one…
…ever

Posted by: Reynfall.1547

Reynfall.1547

When you lose something instead of gain something for working in an MMO, it’s intensely flawed.

The tokens don’t matter. If the amount of time spent within the dungeon doesn’t meet up the end money reward, (or even let the money reward go higher) then it is fundamentally flawed.

MMO’s are those awesome types of games that have the capacity to teach you about life. You always gain things when you work for them. But now with Robert’s change to CoF’s time and reward, you sacrifice something (money) to get something unrelated (armor tokens) when you should be sacrificing something else for it (repair costs and time).

Broken.

Posted by: Berelain.2308

Berelain.2308

When you lose something instead of gain something for working in an MMO, it’s intensely flawed.

Some people just dont get it. Money and gear are not the main part to play a dungeon or a game. Its to play with friends, to enjoy the game, to work together, to relax after a long day of work. If I lose money every time I play a dungeon then i’m oke with it. Because I had a great time and the experience I had was a lot greater then the money and gear I can get out of it.

Guild Leader Gwens Red Iris Flowers [GRIS]
Commander Berelain sur Hoiya
Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

So you only want to feed confirmation bias? How is this a discussion then?

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: SeedsOfYggdrasil.6315

SeedsOfYggdrasil.6315

Some people just dont get it. Money and gear are not the main part to play a dungeon or a game. Its to play with friends, to enjoy the game, to work together, to relax after a long day of work. If I lose money every time I play a dungeon then i’m oke with it. Because I had a great time and the experience I had was a lot greater then the money and gear I can get out of it.

No, you don’t get it. Everyone loves to work together, relax, and have fun with friends. That’s how dungeons are if you complete the story, then complete each explorable path.

As soon as you attempt to do ANYTHING more than that, relaxation, teamwork, and fun go RIGHT out the window. They’re replaced by boredom, memorization, and repetition. We’re practically PLEADING with Anet to at least make the act of gathering gear enjoyable for us somehow. Making it less enjoyable is a marked step in the wrong direction.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

ME TOO!!

But right now, its get into organized teams with voice chat and go through everyones skill list and traits so we can set up cookie cutter combos and inform one another when we’re about to drop a heal just so we dont end up in a bad pug and end up paying 8 silvers for repairs with a 3silver reward.

So I’m not really enjoying doing any dungeons at all at the moment because of the amount of work it takes for the minimal rewards it yields.

Voice chat and good combination of classes is needed only for explorables.Story modes are so easy that you can do them even with a pug.If people know what they are doing then it’s not hard at all.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Ok so you lose some money, then you lose some more money, then you’re all out of money and so are your friends and all your armor’s broken. You can no longer complete the dungeon. Now what? still having fun? Or are your friends saying “gee, thanks so much for wasting all my money and destroying all my gear that was awesome!” XD

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

ME TOO!!

Voice chat and good combination of classes is needed only for explorables.Story modes are so easy that you can do them even with a pug.If people know what they are doing then it’s not hard at all.

story mode CM gives 1 silver… even the amount of time for the first boss isn’t worth it. Dungeons should be worth the same as 3 Group Event Boss battles. I mean c’mon broodmother in the charr starting area is worth more than a whole dungeon now!

Posted by: Reynfall.1547

Reynfall.1547

Ok so you lose some money, then you lose some more money, then you’re all out of money and so are your friends and all your armor’s broken. You can no longer complete the dungeon. Now what? still having fun? Or are your friends saying “gee, thanks so much for wasting all my money and destroying all my gear that was awesome!” XD

well at least someone here knows what he’s talking about. lol

Posted by: Mattress.3629

Mattress.3629

Nope, I’ll only step foot in a dungeon if I’m working towards that gear, if I want teamwork and accomplishment I’ll go play sPvP tournaments or WvW, same for the scenery part, the story telling part I’d rather just go read a book or watch a movie or even play a better RPG if I want story.

Mattress – Asuran Elementalist
Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I’m not running it for gear, money or XP, Just having fun figuring out the content

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Berelain.2308

Berelain.2308

well at least someone here knows what he’s talking about. lol

We where talking on dungeons, besides dungeons there are a lot of things you can do to get money Seems you dont know exactly where we where talking about

Guild Leader Gwens Red Iris Flowers [GRIS]
Commander Berelain sur Hoiya
Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: HxCFTW.8192

HxCFTW.8192

I run the dungeons to get my exotic dungeon gear and for money towards my legendary.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

I’m all for differing opinions, it’s the spice of life and the essence of debate, op however already shows early on that’s not what this thread is about. And instead of being an alternative opinion with reasonable logic and rationale. He just attacks the first person that doesn’t agree with him like he has the right to tell people not to post in his thread on a subject that affects more than people who share his opinion

flame bait. please delete or bury by not responding folks.
He be trollin, he be TRIPPIN too.

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

miya.5160 > great post. A little long to copy reply, but I agree with the way you assess the situation. I think it is reasonable to expect players to do a dungeon twice or three times for curiosity’s sake, indeed if it has explorative modes that makes each try a little unique then all the better. But when the game has a whole mechanic surrounding dungeons and token gear, then it is obviously set up to be a grind/farm, whatever you want to call it.

The OP has a naive but I think sympathetic take on dungeon crawling. I wish it was those things alone that motivated players. What the OP should realise is that Arenanet has set up the armor skin mechanic in such a way as to encourage turning dungeons into a farm fest, for players to access that gear on those vendors.

Since this is what Arenanet encourages by making those carrots, they ought to also be responsible enough for their own mechanics, as to ensure those who take after the carrots, also are rewarded for playing their game as they clearly intend for it to be played. That means, no player in exploratory mode should end up with less silver than a few repairs and his WP to the dungeon cost him. – He should be encouraged to stick it out for his armor sets when the game requires him to run the same stuff multiple times, something which honestly, noone at Arenanet can possible spin as interesting and exciting. – So since we should be able to agree that the token farm is infact a farm and the amount needed also makes it a grind, something else needs to be thrown in for good meassure. Either the dungeons are relatively hazzle free, bug free and rewarding in some monetary way, or not. – If not, then Arenanet has created a grind farm, that is unfun while it lasts, unrewarding, and aggravating, for those who chose to try and play the dungeon game the way the carrot shows Arenanet designed it.
Thats poorly done.
I can honestly say as an oldschool wizard who farmed Seb for weeks and weeks, for AA purposes, that I found it fun, but I am not doing dungeons in gw2, because I dont like the armor sets. I kinda liked the set from CoF but it was so farmed that everyone runs around in it. And so without a carrot, Im only looking at what makes the dungeons rewarding outside of the tokens. – And frankly, not much by the looks of it.
To me that afirms that the dungeons are there for the skin grind, and the people who use them that way, should be heard, and their issues should be given consideration. – To me that conclusion is very simple, and I dont think Arenanet is doing themselves any favors by alienating that crowd.

Posted by: Aelelan.1639

Aelelan.1639

It’s really just kinda ridiculous how anyone could worry about a game being “grindy” when the grind is self-imposed. You want the gear skins? You can get them – by grinding. You won’t be any worse off than some other guy that got his exotic gear some other way.

Maybe this is more of an issue with the fact that exotic gear (the power plateau) is too hard to obtain. People feel obligated to grind the dungeons so that they can get the exotic gear because other ways to get it are too hard? Maybe. The point is that if you have all exotic gear, there is absolutely NO reason why you should subject yourself to something that you consider “grindy”. You don’t have to. Why anyone would feel as though they have any business making suggestions – or much less DEMANDS – on what the dungeons should be like is just absurd.

Posted by: Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

Lelouch Lamperouge.3716

It’s really just kinda ridiculous how anyone could worry about a game being “grindy” when the grind is self-imposed. You want the gear skins? You can get them – by grinding. You won’t be any worse off than some other guy that got his exotic gear some other way.

Maybe this is more of an issue with the fact that exotic gear (the power plateau) is too hard to obtain. People feel obligated to grind the dungeons so that they can get the exotic gear because other ways to get it are too hard? Maybe. The point is that if you have all exotic gear, there is absolutely NO reason why you should subject yourself to something that you consider “grindy”. You don’t have to. Why anyone would feel as though they have any business making suggestions – or much less DEMANDS – on what the dungeons should be like is just absurd.

It’s actually not absurd. There are many ways to make dungeons require a bunch of runs and make it fun and non-grindy at the same time. All they have to do is make certain aspects of the dungeons dynamic like they do for the rest of the game. I don’t see why it’s absurd for customers to make suggestions. Seems like your whole sentence there is what is absurd.

Posted by: skaaz.4281

skaaz.4281

I’m there for the rewards.

The challenge is fun, but I am with others. When your leaving a dungeon with less than what you went in with that sucks.

I am all for giving it some time, getting things figured out. I still have a lot to learn with group play here. I to am stuck in the last 10 years of the MMO gaming and need to get outta that mode.

Member of Cradle Guard

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I run dungeons for fun excluding 3-4 CM runs because I was 10-20 silver short for something on TP.

My reasons might not be exactly the same as yours as I find the current perception of difficulty very lacking, but the other things overlap.

I played GW1 for years rarely if at all for the reward, I just wanted to have fun. It’s the same in GW2 and I hope I can spend years playing it as well. Being in a casual guild has it’s perks too…

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Kikz.5097

You don’t watch the same movie twice (ok, maybe twice, but that’s it).

You don’t do the same DG path twice (ok, maybe twice, but that’s it).

If you do, you are an EXCEPTION! And your voice doesn’t count =D

Posted by: Zay.6357

Zay.6357

I got groups together specifically to do the non-farmy paths of CoF and SE before the patch, because I wanted to do it and have some fun

For the first CoF path, we were hit with an insurmountable brick wall of a final boss

For SE, we had fun, but still took an incredibly long time for very little pay off

I also did Honor of the Waves story with a group of friends and we had a miserable time

While I wouldn’t mind doing more dungeons, many of my friends are getting sick of them and already writing them off just because of the huge time sink and discouragingly obscene difficulty in the majority of explorables. And I definitely don’t want to do something this hard with a pug.

Posted by: Eeeee.3048

Eeeee.3048

Well…
Story: I’d do these once for myself and repeat them to accompany friends who haven’t done them.

Explorable: I’d love to do all the paths in all dungeons just to see everything there is in the game. Then probably repeat for the same reason as story, to help friends or random people who need help with them… Why? If it’s a new person, I enjoy seeing them die to traps such as lasers, rolling flaming boulders of death etc.

I’m holding off to do this though, I’ve done a few story & explorable paths.
Don’t understand all the QQ on these forums. But I’m holding off because of all the issues there have been in the game atm. Once it’s all fixed and guesting(very important) is in the game, I’ll go do them all one by one. I really hope they haven’t been nerfed by then though =/.

In guild wars 1 I never ever cared about looks for pve(or much about pve overall tbh), and in pvp I only got nice looking gear because I was given so many tournie points/zcoins.
It’ll be the same in this game.. If throughout months/years I end up having a lot of tokens, I guess I’ll use them! There’s no rush :P.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I’m just running Ascalonian Catacombs for the sword now but before I was running it for the gift of Ascalonian. Sadly AC is one of the least played dungeons so it hard to find people who knows what they’re doing.

Posted by: Tetsuo.2593

Tetsuo.2593

If you are doing it for gear, you are doing it wrong. This isn’t WoW or similar MMOs, your ‘best in slot’ isn’t a boss drop, it’s something you craft yourself without ever stepping into a dungeon if you will.
I’m doing it for the skins, but at this point I’m figuring it out it doesn’t mean anything as people are just skipping all trash mobs, rushing to the bosses, find secret spots (like on some very old Atari game) and completing their ‘speedruns’ on a mind-numbing scale. In the end, what was supposed to portrait your ‘mad skills’ will just display how much free time you had to do these ‘speedruns’.

Kikz.5097

If you are doing it for gear, you are doing it wrong. This isn’t WoW or similar MMOs, your ‘best in slot’ isn’t a boss drop, it’s something you craft yourself without ever stepping into a dungeon if you will.
I’m doing it for the skins, but at this point I’m figuring it out it doesn’t mean anything as people are just skipping all trash mobs, rushing to the bosses, find secret spots (like on some very old Atari game) and completing their ‘speedruns’ on a mind-numbing scale. In the end, what was supposed to portrait your ‘mad skills’ will just display how much free time you had to do these ‘speedruns’.

For gear, for skins, it’s the same stuff, I got full crafted exotic gear and I was doing it to get the leet skins (and the armor stats are nice for a DPS build too).

The thing is: “Play the way you want to” never meant less than today…

And in what world having “mad skills” and getting the skins is not a grind? It’s just a more difficult (and longer) kind of grind.

Posted by: nicolebsb.5240

nicolebsb.5240

Yeah, I totally love paying 20s to play a dungeon because it’s impossible to beat, then not get any loot and get 9s at the end. My friends love it too. We’re so happy about it. And the story? Oh my god, the stories are the best after about the fifth time through. I almost cried in AC when I found Eir for that fifth time. It’s so heart warming.
That’s like saying, “Who goes to school for an education? That’s just stupid.” LOL

Posted by: Dark Savior.7589

Dark Savior.7589

If you don’t want to hear other peoples’ opinion on a forum for a video game, then perhaps not post? You’ve been here all day countering what (obviously) a lot of people don’t like. You don’t get it, you will never get it.

It’s not about ‘chasing a carrot’ – what a tool remark.

It’s about how it was implemented. It’s about risk versus reward. It’s not about the phat lewt and coin at the end of the dungeon being nerfed into a slap in the face. Hell, I ran CM this morning, got nothing but white gear out of the chests, 6k experience and 3 silver.

People are not going into dungeons at 30 for the first time in game to fulfill your pathetic list above. They are there to better the character they play. Period. That is no longer the option when running a dungeon until you hit 80, and even then you don’t have to do that to build your end game gear (thank god). You want to run things for your list? Great, do that at later levels, even 80 – knock yourself out.

Some of the players just starting and coming into this mess of CM and AC and being totally stun-locked into dungeon submission, walking out with 10 silver repair costs, white gear that isn’t even close to upgrading, and no reward versus the risk of running these things is not a fun way to spend time.

Knockback after knockback, fear after fear, sniper shots taking you out even when you aren’t in line of sight… even while you interrupt mobs, they are so bugged that they ignore the little crowd control we have, and rip you a new one.

That’s what this mass exodus is about.

I Agree

Posted by: Booshbagg.6183

Booshbagg.6183

So the majority rules, because i agree with everyone else. the gain is not even equal to the risk. and it just feels like a gigantic waste of time now, other from the explore tokens.
in todays society people want to feel accomplished, yes overcoming a hard challenging dungeon is somewhat accomplishing but more so its a relief that they wont have to go through it again, and chances are they won’t go through it again because of the reward they got..just wasn’t worth the time.

so Anet really messed this one up, i mean it barely drops any upgrades for you, gives you little to no money at all. experience is just gone, im willing to bet your spending more money just being there then you are gaining. so in short. i can honestly see the majority of the population ignoring dungeons now.

Posted by: Takiwaki.5948

Takiwaki.5948

Put all token rewards at the end of a dungeon only, none from chests. There problem fixed.

Posted by: nicolebsb.5240

nicolebsb.5240

Put all token rewards at the end of a dungeon only, none from chests. There problem fixed.

Dude, I don’t know if you know this or not, but this is the Guild Wars 2 forum? I don’t know if you’ve played the game or not… but you clearly are thinking of some different game.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

There’s nothing wrong with dungeon’s being hard…. there is a problem when your successful efforts yield rewards that don’t match up with the challenge. I can do this entire dungeon for minimal (or any) profit and some tokens…. Or I can speed run for faster token yield per hour and/or farm crafting mats; both of which give me the same powerful armor as the “completionist dungeon crawlers” and I can probably get those items faster too as well as make a good profit on the side.

Crafting exotics should only get you so far, getting the tokens for the gear should be better than the crafting. There needs to be an incentive to actually want to do the entire dungeon other than bragging rights. Maybe a “legendary tier” of token-based gear that requires some item you can only get from a successful dungeon completion (but you only need maybe 3-4 of these per legendary item purchase). I don’t know, I’m not the designers. I just know as it stands, there’s little point to do dungeons (in general) or make legendary items.

Posted by: Takiwaki.5948

Takiwaki.5948

Dude, I don’t know if you know this or not, but this is the Guild Wars 2 forum? I don’t know if you’ve played the game or not… but you clearly are thinking of some different game.

I really do not see the connection you are making. Anyway, by removing the tokens from chests and only having them available by beating the dungeon will actually solve alot of issues.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So the majority rules, because i agree with everyone else. the gain is not even equal to the risk. and it just feels like a gigantic waste of time now, other from the explore tokens.
in todays society people want to feel accomplished, yes overcoming a hard challenging dungeon is somewhat accomplishing but more so its a relief that they wont have to go through it again, and chances are they won’t go through it again because of the reward they got..just wasn’t worth the time.

so Anet really messed this one up, i mean it barely drops any upgrades for you, gives you little to no money at all. experience is just gone, im willing to bet your spending more money just being there then you are gaining. so in short. i can honestly see the majority of the population ignoring dungeons now.

I have to disagree with that part since part of the Legendary Weapon requirement is to gather 500 tokens of a certain dungeon for that 1 Ingredient and then comes gathering tokens for the dung gear they want(for either the skin of the weapon/gear or the weapon/gear itself). However, I do agree that most dungeons will be ignored because people are not interested in that certain dungeon gear but that is already happening even before this change.