Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Always.

Why are we still here? (or not)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

And who wouldn’t be?

With the pace at which this game is developing, I’d rather follow european politics and be more entertained! Which will come first: unified europe or gw2 content? That’s a hot debate!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

But…. but we’re getting 2 new armor sets and coloured doritos.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

But…. but we’re getting 2 new armor sets and coloured doritos.

Kinda, Tournament PVP players are getting a set, and normal PVP players another set, and colored doritos for 300g each!

Your post made it sound too good.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Got dungeons done and now I’m bored again, so I’m on facebook rating my friend’s cooking photos.

Attachments:

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

dlonie.6547

Cake is not pizza, Swifty.

Please stay on topic :-)

J Eberle.9312

It’s pizza if I say it’s pizza. I’m not one of these backseat elitist speadsheet players, I know what a pizza is when I eat it. I cook how I want.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I’m not one of these backseat elitist speadsheet players

As opposed to who?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

deSade.9437

Ok, uh… what about a nerf to damage and some stealth changes to dungeon? Eh? You happy now?

J Eberle.9312

As opposed to who?

Every single one of these ‘zerker’ players who just load up those ‘meta’ builds and think that makes them good players. Everybody knows that builds dont mean anything in this game, it’s all about skill.

I can outdps even the best so called ‘good’ meta player with my cleric’s guardian simply by staying alive. rlly smh why can’t ppl learn.

dlonie.6547

Ok, uh… what about a nerf to damage and some stealth changes to dungeon? Eh? You happy now?

phew

Thanks. I was starting to get worried.

Jerus.4350

Happy, naw, but I feel we’re back to normal now.

And speaking of stealth changes, anyone else notice COE1 the boxes are no longer stacked? Only change seems to be he is able to target us with the first dragon’s tooth attack but just was weird to see it.

deSade.9437

Gud, gud. We always gotta keep reality in check.

J Eberle.9312

What kind of stealth changes >_>

deSade.9437

Shhhhh. It’s a secret. You’re gonna find out when lupi’s unrefl…. ahem ahem when it’s ready.

Jerus.4350

What kind of stealth changes >_>

I edited but look up… my box pyramid is gone!

J Eberle.9312

Yes, actually I just noticed that about 30 mins ago when I was pugging. In fact I was so busy kittening about it that I didn’t notice that they chose to save the inquest. That pyramid was one of the constants in my life.. and now it’s gone. Forever T_T

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

As opposed to who?

Every single one of these ‘zerker’ players who just load up those ‘meta’ builds and think that makes them good players. Everybody knows that builds dont mean anything in this game, it’s all about skill.

I can outdps even the best so called ‘good’ meta player with my cleric’s guardian simply by staying alive. rlly smh why can’t ppl learn.

Now that’s something we can agree on!
But heh we know who to blame for the advocation of boring comps and brain dead meta

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Steak with cheese? Heretic! That is a waste of both!

My dear Zelyhn…. You have no idea :-)

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

It’s true, I don’t!

So enlighten me please: what sort of goat cheese and what kind of steak + what condiments?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

IvanTheGrey.2941

It’s true, I don’t!

So enlighten me please: what sort of goat cheese and what kind of steak + what condiments?

Ok my friend, here we go:

Take a Rib Eye steak, well marbled. (If you can get it dry aged, go for it) Season steak with pepper and other spices (NOT salt though), throw it on the grill. Wait a couple of minutes to flip so it’s nice and rare (Juices should be flowing liberally out of the steak when you push it down with your tongs). When you take the steak off the grill, put your finishing salt on it. (That’s going to be different from regular table salt, so pay attention to that) Let it set for a minute or two, and put it on a bed of fresh arugula. Take some white truffle oil and drizzle it on the steak liberally. At that time, slice a piece of the steak off and add a portion of your goat cheese (Where are you located btw? Just go to a natural market (I don’t know what you would call them in EU, but we’ve got Whole Foods here in the States)) to that sliced off piece of steak. You do not want to put the whole bit of goat cheese on the steak at once, as it would cool down the steak too much.

The flavors will blow your mind. The smokey, savory flavor of the steak will combine with the spice of the black pepper, and the finishing salt will pull all the spices into the steak (That’s why you want to wait until you’re finished cooking it to put it on) and accentuate the natural flavoring, while the musty truffle oil will compliment the tastes and the tangy, almost sweet, note of the goat cheese will compliment all the flavors together.

Trust me on that one

dlonie.6547

kitten you.

goes back to his cup of Top Ramen

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

It’s true, I don’t!

Take a Rib Eye steak, well marbled. (If you can get it dry aged, go for it) Season steak with pepper and other spices (NOT salt though), throw it on the grill. Wait a couple of minutes to flip so it’s nice and rare (Juices should be flowing liberally out of the steak when you push it down with your tongs). When you take the steak off the grill, put your finishing salt on it. (That’s going to be different from regular table salt, so pay attention to that) Let it set for a minute or two, and put it on a bed of fresh arugula. Take some white truffle oil and drizzle it on the steak liberally. At that time, slice a piece of the steak off and add a portion of your goat cheese (Where are you located btw? Just go to a natural market (I don’t know what you would call them in EU, but we’ve got Whole Foods here in the States)) to that sliced off piece of steak. You do not want to put the whole bit of goat cheese on the steak at once, as it would cool down the steak too much.

The flavors will blow your mind. The smokey, savory flavor of the steak will combine with the spice of the black pepper, and the finishing salt will pull all the spices into the steak (That’s why you want to wait until you’re finished cooking it to put it on) and accentuate the natural flavoring, while the musty truffle oil will compliment the tastes and the tangy, almost sweet, note of the goat cheese will compliment all the flavors together.

Trust me on that one

Hm nice, thanks for the detailed explanations!
I am French, so I am naturally fairly experienced with cooking ^^ I would still need to know what sort of goat cheese you use for this delicious recipe

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

IvanTheGrey.2941

It’s true, I don’t!

Trust me on that one

Hm nice, thanks for the detailed explanations!
I am French, so I am naturally fairly experienced with cooking ^^ I would still need to know what sort of goat cheese you use for this delicious recipe

Crottin de Chavignol would probably be your best bet. You’re going for tang with a slight undertones of sweet.

IvanTheGrey.2941

kitten you.

Nelson laugh

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Ok thanks, I’ll try this asap

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

IvanTheGrey.2941

Ok thanks, I’ll try this asap

This also works well with a filet. (I prefer using the butt of the filet, as it’s cheaper and has just a bit more marbling than the filet itself)

You can also, instead of goat cheese, sous vide the filet (rare of course, I forget the exact temp) in a vacuumed sealed bag with rosemary, sage, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, and finishing salt at the end (like the previous steak recipe), put it on a bed of arugula, and put freshly sliced Parmigiano-Reggiano (sliced paper thin of course) on top, THEN drizzle your white truffle oil on it.

That’ll blow your mind as well.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Cooking Wars 2.

Jerus.4350

kitten you.

^^ Kinda how I feel, while I’ve graduated from Cup Noodles(no typo, I love that it’s not actually Cup of Noodles lol) I surely don’t get food like Ivan is describing…sounds so good.

Off to eat my steamed veggies and rice.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

(((shakes fist violently in general direction of Dungeon forum)))

GAH!!!!!!

i am blaming all of you!!!!!

YOU!!!!!!

Tonight of all nights. After reading and following this woefully off topic ( but still fun ) thread.

EVERY SINGLE STEAK WAS ORDERED MEDIUM WELL OR WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

I have waygu beef,
I have Grass fed organic friggin happy cows WAYGU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((sobs uncontrolably)))

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

Friends don’t let friends use truffle oil.

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

GAH!!!!!!

YOU!!!!!!

Tonight of all nights. After reading and following this woefully off topic ( but still fun ) thread.

I have waygu beef,

(((sobs uncontrolably)))

A true travesty of tastebuds. I’ve you’re just going to torch the hell out of it, get a hamburger (not that it does the hamburger any favors either). Doing that to a fine piece of meat is horrible. They probably asked for ketsup too, eh?

Jerus.4350

GAH!!!!!!

YOU!!!!!!

I have waygu beef,

(((sobs uncontrolably)))

Forgive us who like to have meat cooked all the way through. Out of respect for those who feel rare is correct I’ve learned to love Medium Rare, but i can’t go all the way =/

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

I wanted to tell everyone my story and why I’m still here, but I guess I should be talking about food instead

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

I wanted to tell everyone my story and why I’m still here, but I guess I should be talking about food instead

please do actually.

i was writing one up myself. and strangely it involves food too

Posted by: Dustbite.3670

Dustbite.3670

I agree with the OP, 2 rl friends of mine, got burned out, since we’ve done every dungeon/fractal countless times. There hasnt been anything new to go for.
I’m feeling the same, having 5000+ tokens from every dungeon, and 10k+ fractal relics, and nothing to spend it on, only doing dungeons to earn quick money, doesnt give me a reason to stay.
The living story is nice, but after playing for 1-2 days, and then standing there wondering what to do, simply to log out again. It hurts to see a “good” game, without end game content…

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

What I like about the living story is that not all dialogues are voice acted, this way you can often click fast through the text pop up and thereby avoid the pain of watching characters you completely dislike go through telegraphed adventures with no taste

Clicking on text is fun!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

dlonie.6547

What I like about the living story is that not all dialogues are voice acted, this way you can often click fast through the text pop up and thereby avoid the pain of watching characters you completely dislike go through telegraphed adventures with no taste

Clicking on text is fun!

OP approved.

Agreed, it’s not just the story that needs work, the presentation could be much better. See: Any Elder Scrolls/Fallout game (ESO/Skyrim, not so much…), where the NPCs actually make you feel.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I actually liked how the story and presentation looked in chapter 1&2 of LS season 2. But it has slightly deteriorated after that.
Anyway I still prefer what we got with season 2 to a lot of season 1. There moving into the right direction with that. At least for me.

Edit: Oh and if you want to see how good story representation/immersion looks in an MMORPG, check out SWTOR.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Are you really ranting that a PvP/WvW update has PvP and WvW stuff in it?

Snow Crows [SC]

deSade.9437

Are you really ranting that a PvP/WvW update has PvP and WvW stuff in it?

? Related to what?
Soz, I’m distracted again. But the movie’s nice.

Miku Lawrence.6329

That hate on the feature patch and GW2 in general. Stop being grumpy!

Snow Crows [SC]

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

That hate on the feature patch and GW2 in general. Stop being grumpy!

Oh we tried! But the kept throwing crap at us to make sure we stay veeery grumpy!

Apparently their talented marketing team developed a thesis stating that grumpy players are much more likely to buy gems and talk about the game to their friends

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

deSade.9437

Mna, we’re less than 1% of their playerbase. Why should they care? We bring little money.

Miku Lawrence.6329

Guess I’m the only one here still enjoying the game ehh. :’((

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Guess I’m the only one here still enjoying the game ehh. :’((

Nah I do enjoy it too. That doesn’t mean everything ANet does etc. is fine.

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

I still enjoy doing just about every aspect of the game, even if some parts are a bit lackluster. The storytelling is much more simple than I would prefer, but when you’re aiming at a G audience it does limit the intensity you can do. Personally I don’t think its necessary to go for G, kids playing video games are exposed to considerably more intense scenarios, hell a lot of them probably are playing GTA. No way I’d let my daughter play anything like that till she was in high school, yet my wife had 4th grade students of hers talking about how they were going to the store to buy it the day after release.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

I can’t find a single player game that’s interesting enough to keep me occupied for more than a couple hours, and you can only watch so much of series/shows/streams.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Cake is the best nomz one could get, hands down.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”