Why were tokens nerfed?

Why were tokens nerfed?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dmzsfx.8103

Dmzsfx.8103

Q:

Honest question that I’ve been thinking about for a while. What’s the motive to have nerfed tokens?

To go from getting 60 per path per character we went to 60 per account per day (which disappoints me as I just started a second character and gearing her will not be a simple task, having 2 characters fighting for tokens :/)

The only motive I can think of is that tokens were generating some form of revenue? I mean you can buy weapons, but they’re all soulbound, can’t be salvaged, and 4 of them for the forge would cost 800+ tokens. Was buying 4 weapons and forging them to get a chance at a rare their big concern?

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Honest question that I’ve been thinking about for a while. What’s the motive to have nerfed tokens?

To go from getting 60 per path per character we went to 60 per account per day (which disappoints me as I just started a second character and gearing her will not be a simple task, having 2 characters fighting for tokens :/)

The only motive I can think of is that tokens were generating some form of revenue? I mean you can buy weapons, but they’re all soulbound, can’t be salvaged, and 4 of them for the forge would cost 800+ tokens. Was buying 4 weapons and forging them to get a chance at a rare their big concern?

You can salvage dungeon gear. Always have been able to.

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: Dmzsfx.8103

Dmzsfx.8103

Really? Is it only the rares that you can buy salvageable or is it also the exotics? I could have sworn the exotics weren’t but I didn’t know about the rares – never bothered to buy them when I could buy exotics…. but this changes things o.0

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

It’s just a guess, but time-gating content is what it feels like to me. Were seeing more and more of this added with the daily crafting materials (quartz crystal and the ones that will be used to craft precursors/ascended gear – not sure which/if both).

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Anet has always discouraged repeating content. They want people to do everything once per day then log off.

[DnT]

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Anet has always discouraged repeating content. They want people to do everything once per day then log off.

*Do everything once per day and then log off and play one of the other games that NCsoft put all the GW2 cash shop money into.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Really? Is it only the rares that you can buy salvageable or is it also the exotics? I could have sworn the exotics weren’t but I didn’t know about the rares – never bothered to buy them when I could buy exotics…. but this changes things o.0

Yes even exotics. I’ve salvaged weapons before due to changing builds and never going to touch X stats again.

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

If you ran out of stuff to do THAT fast then you must thus have run every single dungeon path for all dungeons, run all fractals of the mist, run every single world boss, and so on.
Seriously though, you can’t really run out of stuff to do. You just have to expand your exploring and doing more than just a single dungeon path over and over again till your eyes fall out.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

If you ran out of stuff to do THAT fast then you must thus have run every single dungeon path for all dungeons, run all fractals of the mist, run every single world boss, and so on.
Seriously though, you can’t really run out of stuff to do. You just have to expand your exploring and doing more than just a single dungeon path over and over again till your eyes fall out.

Alot of that is still boring. Would like to see some new perma content.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

It was a fix not a nerf. Though it feels like a latter.

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Because ANET thinks we care about “progression” and that it supposedly makes us excited.

They’re adding more daily-limited content too, so I’m assuming there’s a group of voiceless players actually excited about daily-chores each day.

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Because everyone complaining about the nerf are CoF p1 farmers. Oh wait, I haven’t set foot in CoF for at least 4 or 5 months.

I just want to be able to farm Arah, AC, CM, TA or CoE on multiple characters, because I actually enjoy those dungeons; but if they take away all the incentive to do paths multiple times, I’m going to have a hard time finding groups for it.

Or, some team already cleared a lot of dungeons, and they don’t want to go again, because they won’t get decent rewards, and you can’t find a new team to do it, creating exclusivity. That’s nice too… I probably won’t be one of the excluded ones, but I can imagine that new players in our guild will find it harder and harder to get teams because of it, or get into the good teams to get some practice or guidance.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

(edited by Bright.9160)

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

It was a fix not a nerf. Though it feels like a latter.

I tried to tell people that like half a year ago but I got told to just wait 2hrs (and later 30 minutes).

They changed tokens to account bound so it’s natural they would do it as well.

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It is annoying. Ive been invited to the same dungeon in the same day multiple times recently. When its CoE i only accept the offer because of charged cores and its a dungeon i enjoy. But with others im less inclined to play it a second time because of the rewards. This prevents me from playing with different groups of people on the same day and leaves some people struggling to fill out a group because everyone has already done the paths.

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I haven’t bothered to run any dungeons since this change. I doubt I ever will again.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Why were tokens nerfed?

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

This token change actually makes me not feel like running dungeons.