Why zerk meta exist

Why zerk meta exist

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

This sounds harsh, people need to give up on the old dungeon content for these kinds of discussions.

They’re meant to be accessible first, challenging second, and that’s not going to change, especially now.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

So I have been doing fotm lately with LOD and I have to say, the berserker team comp meta is seriously trivializing the content. Mossman gets nuked past 50% with 1 icebow freeze combo. Archdiviner’s daze with meteor shower precast followed by icebow freeze combo trivialized him. Svanir in snowblind gets nuked and literally die before teleporting up. Imbued grawl shaman icebow freeze after his bubble pops is a little too OP. Mai trin stealth icebow nuke is OP if the warrior or guard can face tank mai.

pretty sure you mean “playing with decent players is trivialising content”.

your random pug in full berserker probably isn’t melting bosses at fractal 50.

Yes, and I would prefer content to be challenging even with decent players which I feel can be accomplished by nerfing icebow and maybe a little on meteor shower.

except it won’t

we did a 4w/1g dungeon tour months ago and it was just brain afk smash your face on keyboard.

no eles required, content being three years old makes it trivial and boring.

I don’t really care about the difficulty of dungeons at this point of the game because as every one has said, the content is 3years old therefore its easy but I honestly feel without icebow in FOTM, that 3year old content is still challenging.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

This sounds harsh, people need to give up on the old dungeon content for these kinds of discussions.

They’re meant to be accessible first, challenging second, and that’s not going to change, especially now.

I’d have to disagree with that. When they were talking about dungeons before the release of Gw2 they said that the story mode will be accessible but the explorable mode was meant to be challenging and for a highly coordinated group.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

So I have been doing fotm lately with LOD and I have to say, the berserker team comp meta is seriously trivializing the content. Mossman gets nuked past 50% with 1 icebow freeze combo. Archdiviner’s daze with meteor shower precast followed by icebow freeze combo trivialized him. Svanir in snowblind gets nuked and literally die before teleporting up. Imbued grawl shaman icebow freeze after his bubble pops is a little too OP. Mai trin stealth icebow nuke is OP if the warrior or guard can face tank mai.

pretty sure you mean “playing with decent players is trivialising content”.

your random pug in full berserker probably isn’t melting bosses at fractal 50.

Yes, and I would prefer content to be challenging even with decent players which I feel can be accomplished by nerfing icebow and maybe a little on meteor shower.

except it won’t

we did a 4w/1g dungeon tour months ago and it was just brain afk smash your face on keyboard.

no eles required, content being three years old makes it trivial and boring.

I don’t really care about the difficulty of dungeons at this point of the game because as every one has said, the content is 3years old therefore its easy but I honestly feel without icebow in FOTM, that 3year old content is still challenging.

It certainly can still be challenging, if you chop your hands off.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

And if they removed Icebow, we gonna have the same discussion. They said the same thing about the ferocity nerf, how it would change the meta, etc, etc and stuff would be more challenging, etc, etc and see what happened? Nothing. They can continue to nerf our DPS, we’ll still find ways to complete dungeon super fast.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Why zerk meta exist

EcoRI.9273

And if they removed Icebow, we gonna have the same discussion. They said the same thing about the ferocity nerf, how it would change the meta, etc, etc and stuff would be more challenging, etc, etc and see what happened? Nothing. They can continue to nerf our DPS, we’ll still find ways to complete dungeon super fast.

Yeah probably but it will be challenging for a while until people figure out the next OP strat. And in MY ideal world if I was in charge of balancing gw2, I would probably nerf that dominant strategy in a month after its discovery. This was basically how GW1 was balanced and it kept the game fresh(at least for me).

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Even if you nerf all damage in this game for 9000% 3 years old content will still be faceroll. Boring and slow faceroll. We need new mechanics not braindead damage nerf. And only way to implement this new mechanics is to make new dungeons.

Why zerk meta exist

Thaddeus.4891

Yeah probably but it will be challenging for a while until people figure out the next OP strat. And in MY ideal world if I was in charge of balancing gw2, I would probably nerf that dominant strategy in a month after its discovery. This was basically how GW1 was balanced and it kept the game fresh(at least for me).

I’m ok with balancing OP stuff that get abused. FGS and now Icebow have just too much burst potentiel. But they over did it with FGS by making it useless and I just hope they don’t do the same with Icebow.

Why zerk meta exist

EcoRI.9273

Even if you nerf all damage in this game for 9000% 3 years old content will still be faceroll. Boring and slow faceroll. We need new mechanics not braindead damage nerf. And only way to implement this new mechanics is to make new dungeons.

No way if damage was nerfed this badly, I’d imagine everyone and their grandma to be on their floor mopping their tears after getting rekted.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Or you could, you know, add more content. Or alter the content, so that the players have to try different strategies to beat it.

Nerfing ability, after ability endlessly tends to weigh people down. Poor business strategy.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

but people didn’t use icebow for a long time and were still able to get through high level fractals just fine, hell i’m pretty sure people did fractal 79 without icebows since eles were barely even a thing back then.

yes, I agree to a nerf on icebow but I don’t agree to your rationale. it won’t suddenly make ancient content challenging, it just removes an extremely, overwhelmingly dominating utility out of the meta and enables the other classes to feel a little more on par until people come up with the next big thing. hell, it might still be stacking eles but for some other reason.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Why zerk meta exist

EcoRI.9273

but people didn’t use icebow for a long time and were still able to get through high level fractals just fine, hell i’m pretty sure people did fractal 79 without icebows since eles were barely even a thing back then.

yes, I agree to a nerf on icebow but I don’t agree to your rationale. it won’t suddenly make ancient content challenging, it just removes an extremely, overwhelmingly dominating utility out of the meta and enables the other classes to feel a little more on par until people come up with the next big thing. hell, it might still be stacking eles but for some other reason.

I never got to fotm 80 so i can not really say whether it was difficult to reach that level. But I don’t expect content to be impossible with icebow nerf. I just expect more chances of wipes to happen due to poor positioning,dodging, aggro/ aegis rotations.

Or you could, you know, add more content. Or alter the content, so that the players have to try different strategies to beat it.

Nerfing ability, after ability endlessly tends to weigh people down. Poor business strategy.

O I would love that! But I don’t think Anet can afford it. Balancing is just a cheaper alternative.

Why zerk meta exist

Thaddeus.4891

No way if damage was nerfed this badly, I’d imagine everyone and their grandma to be on their floor mopping their tears after getting rekted.

A 9000% nerf? I bet people would be on their floor mopping their tears after the hours they took to kill the first boss. But people solo in zerker, which is about a 90-95% nerf compare to a group of 5 buffing each other. So ya, we’ll need a freaking high amount of nerf before it change anything.

Why zerk meta exist

EcoRI.9273

A 9000% nerf? I bet people would be on their floor mopping their tears after the hours they took to kill the first boss. But people solo in zerker, which is about a 90-95% nerf compare to a group of 5 buffing each other. So ya, we’ll need a freaking high amount of nerf before it change anything.

Solo is pretty challenging. If you don’t think it is then I guess I just suck in this game.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Omg, why is everyone so obsessed with specific skills as if they were some kind of magical panacea…
The content won’t magically become challenging!
Jerus.

Why zerk meta exist

Thaddeus.4891

Solo is pretty challenging. If you don’t think it is then I guess I just suck in this game.

It’s pretty challenging, but it doesn’t make me change my gear to soldier or take a AH guardian build. And I don’t do solo that much anymore, but in the limited time I practice I was able to drop my time doing Arah path 2 solo from 2hours to around 30min. It they make a 90-95% nerf, it won’t be more challenging. It will just take longer.

Why zerk meta exist

EcoRI.9273

It’s pretty challenging, but it doesn’t make me change my gear to soldier or take a AH guardian build. And I don’t do solo that much anymore, but in the limited time I practice I was able to drop my time doing Arah path 2 solo from 2hours to around 30min. It they make a 90-95% nerf, it won’t be more challenging. It will just take longer.

I never said changing gear would be the optimal solution. I strongly believe that zerker will always be optimal. However the player skill required to play berserker will be higher if they do make a 90% dps nerf in a hypothetical situation. Why? Players will actually need to dodge correctly and use their skills wisely.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You can’t blame the meta. There’s nothing wrong with people finding the most efficient way to deal with mechanics (or lack thereof).

When the game has mechanics that check for toughness/vitality thresholds and ignore aegis, then you’ll see zerker meta change for those encounters.

When the encounter demands multiple tasks split from the same location, then you’ll see an end to stacking.

There is nothing wrong with stacking if it makes the encounter significantly easier. That’s the whole point of strategy. The problem is that this game’s PvE is so uncreative and obviously not the focus of development that one strategy has fit for pretty much every encounter.

They also dug themselves into kitten with ascended garbage because now if they implement mechanisms that call for different gearsets, people are going to flip tables and wail in rage and despair that they flushed 500 gold down the toilet into ascended armor crafting only to be required to do the same for several other armor sets and weapons.

This may not be the case in normal dungeons where exotics may suffice, but in fractals with AR requirements as high as 70 you either have to have every ascended weapon and its stats variation+ matching accessories with +10 AR on each, or have less AR on accessories but be forced to craft multiple ascended armor pieces, which is a far more expensive ordeal.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Omg, why is everyone so obsessed with specific skills as if they were some kind of magical panacea…
The content won’t magically become challenging!
Jerus.

:D

Why zerk meta exist

Windsagio.1340

Fixing broken skills will give them a lot more leeway for making challenging content in the future though.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah because destroying fgs changed things. FGS was risky on harder fights like fractals. But since we now resort to icebow. Its become easier. Funny that.

Fixing broken skills is good. But it hardly solves anything other than a single skills overwhelming dominance in the meta.

Why zerk meta exist

Windsagio.1340

Yeah because destroying fgs changed things. FGS was risky on harder fights like fractals. But since we now resort to icebow. Its become easier. Funny that.

Fixing broken skills is good. But it hardly solves anything other than a single skills overwhelming dominance in the meta.

Sure, but that’s something that needs to be fixed.

I totally agree that changing Icebow (or changing stability) won’t change everything, but fixing these things (as with FGS) should be an ongoing process.

Why zerk meta exist

Thaddeus.4891

I never said changing gear would be the optimal solution. I strongly believe that zerker will always be optimal. However the player skill required to play berserker will be higher if they do make a 90% dps nerf in a hypothetical situation. Why? Players will actually need to dodge correctly and use their skills wisely.

So like most regular on the dungeon subforum you agree that the current meta or game isn’t a problem at all (with some minor fixing). It’s the content that is too old/easy.

This was arguing for the sake of arguing. (I don’t mean you, but both of us).

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

It’s lightning hammer’s turn to be dominatingly OP, isn’kitten

Quick, someone get creative and find a way!

Why zerk meta exist

Windsagio.1340

isn’kitten is one of those things that always makes me laugh.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I’d have to disagree with that. When they were talking about dungeons before the release of Gw2 they said that the story mode will be accessible but the explorable mode was meant to be challenging and for a highly coordinated group.

That might have been what they aimed for, but they missed the mark by several miles. As undertuned as they are now, they actually were much worse at the start with res-rushing from Waypoints being a thing. I don’t see how any group playing content could have considered any of it difficult unless they were under-leveled in blues and greens.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

That might have been what they aimed for, but they missed the mark by several miles. As undertuned as they are now, they actually were much worse at the start with res-rushing from Waypoints being a thing. I don’t see how any group playing content could have considered any of it difficult unless they were under-leveled in blues and greens.

And that was the only time these dungeons were difficult, in greens and blues. They were meant to be difficult but, like I said before, they were working on the AI the same time they were still working out the combat system. Not knowing the potential of there combat system they made the PvE way too easy.

Why zerk meta exist

Jerus.4350

I really don’t agree. Many bosses even when I was in the right gear with players who knew kinda what they were doing (they started a few months before me, all coming from playing high end of another game) we struggled even in AC >.< Fractals, we ranged them (which is why most of us didn’t like them) and Lupi, wipe after wipe after wipe until a very close win.

It’s really just that we’ve mastered everything IMO. No other game was I doing 3 year old content and expecting a challenge from it. Never happened. While GW2’s lack of treadmill allows the content to still remain at the same objective difficulty setting, the fact that we as players grow and become more experienced lets us find these tactics that just destroy anything.

I think they realized the potential pretty well when making these dungeons/fractals, though I’m sure they could make even better stuff now. That is if they were allowed to and not asked to make zerg content that spits out rewards for farming.

Why zerk meta exist

Thaddeus.4891

Ya I agree with Jerus. Dungeon were challenging when we first start doing them and they were kind of challenging for a relatively long time. Not all of them, but I got several guildmate that still have a hard time with Arah and Fractals 50. But over time, pretty much anything will become easy.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

After ice bow it will just be Glyph of Storms. Nerf them both and achieve some profession parity.

Lets say after the balance patch (if they nerf ice bow and glyph) the top DPS profession is Thief with around 14k dps, staff ele at 13.5k and the rest falling at about 12-13k. At what point do you prefer a Ranger over the second staff ele? Probably immediately, without ice bow or glyph. That would at least get ranger somewhere in the conversation.

Engineer is pretty much dead after the patch for dungeons. They used to at least have unparalleled vuln stacking. But Guardian is going to get some heavy lifting. Guardian with Big Game Hunter, Writ of Persistance and Symbolic Exposure is going to be able to do 12 vuln sustained with easy spikes up to 25. Engineer won’t have a place at all unless its personal DPS surpasses Thief, which is not incredibly likely to happen.

I kinda came to the conclusion that there are 8 professions and 5 spots in a team. at best, you will have 6 classes be meta (assuming guardian and mesmer are interchangeable) at any given time. There will always be two classes that are strictly inferior. And you know what? That’s fine…. so long as they make those two classes really fun and really interesting to play. Engineer might be getting crapped on in the meta, but its really really fun to play. That saving grace will mean even if its non-meta people will still use it. Hopefully by Friday we have a good idea if Necro will at least rise to the level of “fun to play.”

Tldr; trying to get all 8 professions on such a level of parity that all 8 are completely equally optimal for speed runs is an impossible balance goal, but making sure the “tier 2” classes are at least super fun to play is not and that should be the developer goal.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Why zerk meta exist

Jerus.4350

I think it’s more about everything having their own niche. It may not be optimal, and surely not in every path, but if the situation occurs it has it’s time to shine. I guess Engi would be when Immob is powerful, maybe not enough to get them a spot in a dungeon group but fractals it’s quite nice. And on Vuln, I’ve heard some say the defiance changes will remove Unshakable, do we have any confirmation on that? Because if so vuln should be 25 stacks almost always with quite a few different setups.

I totally agree on the “fun to play” aspect, as long as they’re good enough that you’re not looking at them going “kitten this is useless”(looking at necro right now) that’s all fine, not everything has to be centered around setting a record.

Why zerk meta exist

EcoRI.9273

So like most regular on the dungeon subforum you agree that the current meta or game isn’t a problem at all (with some minor fixing). It’s the content that is too old/easy.

This was arguing for the sake of arguing. (I don’t mean you, but both of us).

There is meta gear.(Berserker)
There is meta build.(Power line dominance)
There is meta team comps.(1thief 2ele 1 guard 1w)
There is meta strategies.(icebow nuking)

I believe that meta team comp and meta strategies are a problem.

1: Currently the meta comp offers almost everything for a group to do dungeons/fotm smoothly. There is almost no tradeoff. You get vuln/might/fury/swiftness/aegis/condi removal/stealth. I would prefer that in a 5man setting I have to make a decision to sacrifice some sort of party utility. In order to do so they will have to rework alot of class skills and make certain utilities more exclusive. For example let’s say we nerf persisting flames on ele and give rangers perma fury on that sun spirit. Rangers will immediately have a place in dungeons. Same thing with vuln, if we make high vuln stacking only possible on engis then I feel we will have interesting choices.

Two eles for front loaded burst or 1 ele/1ranger for more sustain dps.

engie over thief for more vuln but worse stealthing.

remove guardian for more dps.

2: Pretty self explanatory, the ability to instantly nuke bosses should be removed.

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

i’m still adamant that the problem is with old content, not with team compositions and strategies.

nuking ice bow from orbit to make it less stupid will be nice though.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Why zerk meta exist

Windsagio.1340

i’m still adamant that the problem is with old content, not with team compositions and strategies.

nuking ice bow from orbit to make it less stupid will be nice though.

I think it’s 2 different issues.

Old content is core to the ‘difficulty’ question.

Relatively static party make-ups is an issue for sure, but doesn’t relate to difficulty per se’.

With the former, it seems to me that it’s a known-known, that’s why we’re all on pins and needles over what the new HoT content will be.

The latter is hard, really hard. reworking skills to force roles is entirely against everything GW2 stands for. As the man says, fixing the clearly out of scale skills is a different issue.

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: CrAcKeDmUfFiN.9402

CrAcKeDmUfFiN.9402

Yeah, it’s surprisingly easy to phase a lvl 50 archdiviner in a single deep freeze. I’m okay with actually having to fight him instead of safely repeating a short, coordinated burst of damage.

Slow Down

Grab the Wall

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

It’s actually, what was intended. Every dungeon and path, according the the designers, requires a very specific strategy, class and build composition for optimal results.

They even tested this pre-release, to balance the dungeons for the compositions, they’ve had in mind.

Source: Dig all the old news from 2012 yourself on the mainpage. Gotta be there somewhere, or here on the forums – somewhere.

Or in the “making-of book”, i’ve got. You may have it too, so dig there if you can’t find it here or on the mainpage.

I hope someone finds that statement/post. It’s hilarious in retrospective.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Why zerk meta exist

Windsagio.1340

It’s actually, what was intended. Every dungeon and path, according the the designers, requires a very specific strategy, class and build composition for optimal results.

They even tested this pre-release, to balance the dungeons for the compositions, they’ve had in mind.

Source: Dig all the old news from 2012 yourself on the mainpage. Gotta be there somewhere, or here on the forums – somewhere.

Or in the “making-of book”, i’ve got. You may have it too, so dig there if you can’t find it here or on the mainpage.

I hope someone finds that statement. It’s hilarious in retrospective.

honestly, I think you’re misremembering.

Why zerk meta exist

wauwi.9162

I assure you, that i’m remembering it correctly.
I even remember ranger pets used to be manually revivable. (they actually died)
2012 isn’t that long ago.

Why zerk meta exist

Windsagio.1340

I assure you, that i’m remembering it correctly.
I even remember ranger pets used to be manually revivable. (they actually died)
2012 isn’t that long ago.

It’s pretty long :p

I’m not trying to be kittenly about it, but that’s not how I remember it, so without a reference I’m gonna be a skeptic.

Why zerk meta exist

wauwi.9162

That’s why i’m looking for that post right now.
At least something to do to pass the time.

I shall focus the power of google within the palms of my hands now…might not returning alive.

Why zerk meta exist

Windsagio.1340

That’s why i’m looking for that post right now.
At least something to do to pass the time.

I shall focus the power of google within the palms of my hands now…might not returning alive.

I salute you sir! I admit I’m too lazy (also I’m technically working)

Thanks, I’m curious

Why zerk meta exist

wauwi.9162

Well, so far, i’ve found a forum called “elitistjerks.com” involving a fellow gw2 forumite…you won’t believe it – tentonhammer.

This night just got real.

Edit:
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/guild-wars-insider-interviews-dungeon-designer-robert-hrouda/

(source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/81157-interview-with-gw2-dungeon-designer-robert-hrouda-by-guild-wars-insider/)

Great, site’s down – that might have been the one i was looking for.
But some of the forum users in the 2nd link have quoted some nice things, gold in their own rights.

Mr. Hrouda cared.

Now i’m depressed. -_-’

Edit 2: Still haven’t found it and imma stop looking for now, because i gradually get more salty with each old blogpost, i’m reading.
Like this one:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/robert-hrouda-on-upcoming-changes-to-dungeon-mechanics/

Well, my wild claims, that A-Net intended specific build/profession composition to run a dungeon/path the optimal way (which are supposed to differ from dungeon to dungeon and path to path) doesn’t sound so far off anymore, huh?

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Why zerk meta exist

dlonie.6547

Why zerk meta exist

dlonie.6547

These are from that article:

Robert Hrouda

We’re looking into the dungeon instance owner problems, and developing solutions. It will take time to get right, and I can’t answer anything about dates and tech for that – it goes a bit above my head.

^ March 3, 2013 xD

Robert Hrouda

I would LOVE to add more content to dungeons. Random events, bonus events, awesome puzzles – you name it, I want more in it. There’s only so many hours in a day that two people can devote though, and right now we’re doing some pretty substantial work that our next content patch will have. When we get time though, you bet I want to add more.

Was the dungeon team seriously a team of two? They cut dungeons to save on two salaries? O.o

Man, I forgot that krall was whiteknighting like a mofo back then, too.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Why zerk meta exist

wauwi.9162

@dlonie: Thanks for the find.
Well, it wasn’t the post i was looking for.
It’s worse.

Why did i start to dig in the past…it never ends well.

Man, I forgot that krall was whiteknighting like a mofo back then, too.

Oh boy, you should’ve seen me back in the days.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/LFM-Berzerker-Wars-ONLY/first

ctrl+f: “wauwi”

It actually is my third most rated post to this day.
Not really proud of that, i can tell you that for a fact.

You may now laugh.

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Why zerk meta exist

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I am sure we all got a few old post in our past we are not proud of.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Why zerk meta exist

dlonie.6547

Oh boy, you should’ve seen me back in the days.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/LFM-Berzerker-Wars-ONLY/first

ctrl+f: “wauwi”

It actually is my third most rated post to this day.
Not really proud of that, i can tell you that for a fact.

You may now laugh.

Bahahaha, I was with you for most of it. I mean, you wanted to “experience” the dungeon and make it more than a quick cash grab. I think most of us have been there, even if we’ve now forgotten what it was like to go into an encounter without knowing every. single. move. the boss will make.

But then that last paragraph…. :-P

But it’s cool. What matters is that you’re a filthy elitist jerk now.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Why zerk meta exist

Windsagio.1340

What we can’t do is get the sides out of dungeons and fractals ><

Why zerk meta exist

wauwi.9162

But then that last paragraph…. :-P

I’m still thinking, that a good game should come with rules.

But it’s cool. What matters is that you’re a filthy elitist jerk now.

And it hurts so right.

Man, i wanna do dungeons with you forum guys someday. The only one I’ve done a path with until now is frifox and it was an arah PUG.
Haven’t realized it, until we killed stargazer – even learned something new that day.

Why zerk meta exist

wauwi.9162

There once was a bug.
Then he got squished.
The end.