Will you still be doing dungeons after nerf?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

I have… 4? (Maybe 5?) TA skins left…
I don’t really want them.
I want Faolain’s blossom… ironic that what in most players eyes one of the worst stat set ascended acc’s is the most difficult to get.
Now with nerfs it’s even more painful to get… Just moved back to dungeon after getting tired of getting all of my skins from PvP… :’(

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I usually play them for fun together with friends. Reward is secondary.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

I generally don’t run dungeons for the gold (the only thing I use gold for is converting it to gems, since I refuse to spend any more real money until they make a 64-bit client). So yeah, I’ll still run dungeons. I just hope that raids will have prestigious rewards. They killed any prestige dungeons had by making the gear obtainable in PvP (only exception now is the clockheart mini).

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I’ll keep doing arah to maintain my lead as person with most arah tokens, but I would not be telling the truth to say that I might have a lot lower motivation than I already do. Don’t really care about the gold that much, it’s the tokens that matter the most but still it’s like getting kicked in the groin… we don’t deserve to get treated like this.

Even if dungeons aren’t worked on anymore it’s stupid to shun people that play them.

So yeah the dungeons gold nerf does kitten me off, but I can’t say I’m surprised considering the track record here. They have disappointing their playerbase down to a science tbh, they’re like the Comcast of the gaming industry for me right now.

Speaking of that, did you reach 100k ?

Collect enough and you can build your own elder dragon.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

You know what currency is going to have value again after HoT comes out? Experience. You should be able to get at least 3 levels an hour running dungeons, which is faster than anything other than crafting, so all of a sudden people wanting to fill up their mastery tracks quickly are going to be looking at dungeons.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

They wont be worth doing, you have to read between the lines, when Anet says they are going to restructure and move some of the dungeon rewards out of dungeons, what they mean it, they are stripping dungeons of all loot and rewards so that no one will do them, so the next board meeting they have they can say, see dungeons are not what the players want, no one does them.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

They wont be worth doing, you have to read between the lines, when Anet says they are going to restructure and move some of the dungeon rewards out of dungeons, what they mean it, they are stripping dungeons of all loot and rewards so that no one will do them, so the next board meeting they have they can say, see dungeons are not what the players want, no one does them.

Part of me wants you look at the fact that John Smith is the game’s economist and know that when he says “liquid rewards” he means something very specific from an economic point of view.

Another part of me remembers when Gaile came here and asked for suggestions back when the Dungeon community was last upset at being ignored, and nothing seems to have come from it other than the fact that they came back and said we are going to give you even less reward than before. This now feels like little more than an insincere exercise in damage control as others suggested at the time.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I already stopped without the nerf 3 years same action my brain cant stand that. cof and ac especially path 3 makes me feel dirty.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Probably not. A few months ago I made a schedule to make sure I finished the dungeoneer achievement before HOT launched because I feared something along these lines. I got the title last week. Doing something that only rewards gold feels unrewarding to me. I consider myself done with dungeons because I have all their unique rewards.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I’ll keep doing arah to maintain my lead as person with most arah tokens, but I would not be telling the truth to say that I might have a lot lower motivation than I already do. Don’t really care about the gold that much, it’s the tokens that matter the most but still it’s like getting kicked in the groin… we don’t deserve to get treated like this.

Even if dungeons aren’t worked on anymore it’s stupid to shun people that play them.

So yeah the dungeons gold nerf does kitten me off, but I can’t say I’m surprised considering the track record here. They have disappointing their playerbase down to a science tbh, they’re like the Comcast of the gaming industry for me right now.

Looks like someone is trying to rebuild Zhaitan from its shards, and is getting close to succeeding. I daresay the Priory would repay you handsomely for that collection so that they can display the fully-reformed elder beast.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Assume they took away the pop-up chest that gives you the 1-3gold per path. You’d still get the 24 or so silver for completing the path. Also assuming no buff is given to tokens or mats drops.

No – why would I?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Looks like someone is trying to rebuild Zhaitan from its shards, and is getting close to succeeding. I daresay the Priory would repay you handsomely for that collection so that they can display the fully-reformed elder beast.

I bet if there was some never-before-discovered reward after getting an obscene amount of tokens, people would be raging like hell for not telling them because it takes years’ worth of playing this dungeon to get this many tokens… I value them way more than several dozen thousand worth of gold.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I bet if there was some never-before-discovered reward after getting an obscene amount of tokens, people would be raging like hell for not telling them because it takes years’ worth of playing this dungeon to get this many tokens… I value them way more than several dozen thousand worth of gold.

As you should – that’s no small feat to achieve.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”