Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Stacking those things with a guard/mesmer in group is one of my pet peeves.

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Or an ele.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

Or an ele.

Noone knows earth shield because it isnt mentioned in metabattle.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

pugs are getting so arrogantly annoying. I wish I could just slap a video of a guardian doing the SE P1 open-pull… so that he could watch and see his face in terror realizing his whole life was a lie

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

[Insert uncontrollable laugh]

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Jerus.4350

Eek, nice tip on Ele earth shield, honestly didn’t know that. I also didn’t mention kit refinement on Engi which can work as well.

But, Quickfoot, I’ve sat out of the corner, and explained the situation to PUGs, giving them a second to comprehend, then saying “ok I’m going in” and doing the pull, getting sometimes one of the golems down but usually I die with them low while they still sit in the corner instead of joining in. At least sometimes after I down they’ll rush in and finish it off, but kitten , how dense can these people be?

The best were the comments “well that didn’t work as well” well duh, you’re supposed to do damage too! I’m not saying I should be soloing it, just pulling/reflecting while we all blow it up… ugh, and btw I wish we had an eyeroll emoji on these forums.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The LoS pull is so kitteng annoying in pugs. They refuse to do it in the open and then when they stack in the corner they get the pulsing debuff on them while pulling. Which totally wrecks you on an ele so you immediately lose your scholar rune bonus.

They wont even stack might with you. If I had time id self stack the might then earth shield pull. But while your stacking might in the open the guard is loSing the golems to the corner orgy already. Gah pugs!

(edited by spoj.9672)

Jerus.4350

The LoS pull is so kitteng annoying in pugs. They refuse to do it in the open and then when they stack in the corner they get the pulsing debuff on them while pulling. Which totally wrecks you on an ele so you immediately lose your scholar rune bonus.

They wont even stack might with you. If I had time id self stack the might then earth shield pull. But while your stacking might in the open the guard is loSing the golems to the corner orgy already. Gah pugs!

Yeah, if I start playing more often I’m certainly gonna work on learning to just solo it on Ele, figure quick might stack, followed by a earth shield pull and swirling winds I should be able to do a lot, then just pray they help

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Today I learned that killing the triple golems in se1 while stacking in the corner is easier, faster and allows for focussed dps and shared damage.

You don’t even want to know how many times I’ve been kicked from pugs for fighting them in the open….

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

So Running CoE with my buddy today. I was on my guard, he was on his warrior, after having 2 more warriors join us, he finally ask one what he is running, mostly cause we saw all three signets on his bar, this was the conversation. The best part was when the warrior whipped out his rifle during all the boss fights.

#puglife

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I love when I get asked if I want him to run PS or zerk. And all the confusions ticks when I answer “PS is also zerk, no”?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Jerus.4350

I love when I get asked if I want him to run PS or zerk. And all the confusions ticks when I answer “PS is also zerk, no”?

Huh? are you trying to say traits define the difference in builds not the gear? psh, stinking elitist with your crazy ideas.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

that would be too complex XD
people doesnt know that zerker is a nickname for berserker. They understand zerker as dps build.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Gotta love it when people ask for “metazerk” in LFG and still run some stupid HGH engi or boonshare ele builds.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Had someone join my AC run for P3. First words out of their mouth? “why are you advertising for AC in the CM dungeon section you idiot?” So i double checked..i wasnt, i was advertising in the AC section..

It only went down hill from there..

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

fracture.9754

I got kicked out of AE pug yesterday, ‘cause I don’t have enough AP ;>

Iris Ng.9845

People asked for Zerk in fractals. I joined with my ranger and immediately got asked “What your most played class?”. Got kicked at the end after disconnecting a few times :>

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Huh? are you trying to say traits define the difference in builds not the gear? psh, stinking elitist with your crazy ideas.

i c wut u did der

fracture.9754

I like the new system of obfuscating nicknames.

MORE!

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Today I learned that killing the triple golems in se1 while stacking in the corner is easier, faster and allows for focussed dps and shared damage.

You don’t even want to know how many times I’ve been kicked from pugs for fighting them in the open….

If it was just SE, it’s really annoying when people stack might and then they refuse to leave stack and wait for the boss on other side of the room get to us. Best when the person who agroes it uses criple on boss too >..> I had one CoE run where 4 people got downed on first alpha attack and when I was “wtf”, one of them said “this stack doesn’t work, we don’t need to dodge when stacking”.

First pic is a collection of some recent lfgs.

Second pic is from AC story run I did earlier today to xp my ele. All party was 50-70 and the comments from one person just made me giggle <3 ele

Attachments:

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Iris Ng.9845

Did a p2 in pug without thieves and boys, I had to duo with another warrior in the group to unlock the waypoint every single time, including Lupicus… The skip to Brie was also a mess.

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

Hey guys, i’ve been running SE p1 with pugs exclusively, and just now realized that doing those 3 champs in the open is better. Called me noob if you want, but noone ever said otherwise in pugs (i guess it’s pug for a reason), but as i’m the ele in the group, how do i fight those 3 in the open? I was really surprised and fascinated with the fact that there is a whole new way of doing those 3 kitten, so any advice would be welcome…..thanks

Jerus.4350

Hey guys, i’ve been running SE p1 with pugs exclusively, and just now realized that doing those 3 champs in the open is better. Called me noob if you want, but noone ever said otherwise in pugs (i guess it’s pug for a reason), but as i’m the ele in the group, how do i fight those 3 in the open? I was really surprised and fascinated with the fact that there is a whole new way of doing those 3 kitten, so any advice would be welcome…..thanks

Apparently you can use Earth shield’s magnet thing to pull them, though I haven’t done it (just recently found out about it). In the past I’ve done it with mesmer/Guardian and once on Engi.

But basically for Mesmer temporal curtain a bit in front of them, Guardian you binding blades with LoS on each then step away and pull. Engi similar to mesmer but you stand where the curtain was, I imagine Ele would be the same.

You want to follow it up quickly with projectile defense of some sort because they shoot a bunch of those, then just burst them with damage and they die quickly.

And nothing to be ashamed of, honestly it wasn’t that long ago that most of us here were still using the corner which we were used to because of FGS, thanks to one of the tournaments where a team used that basically to get the win on the path it gained in popularity very quickly again. I wasn’t really around but apparently it was the typical strat before FGS too /shrug.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I wasn’t really around but apparently it was the typical strat before FGS too /shrug.

Failing to bait out their attacks or LoSing too late can end up being a lot of fire fields all over your party, that corner pulls all 3(compared to the first spot ppl used that would pull 1 or 2) and provides protection from the fire fields that are shot(2 per player).

If you fail the pull it usually escalates too fast for the average player to react, and most react in useless ways anyways. So it is a safe place to use that brings all the golems together without having a surprise aoe at your feet.

So far I’ve been unable to solo it on guard with WoR in terms of solo burst, if someone plans on using engi/ele to pull, you’ll want a projectile defense down right away, and someone else to follow up after with the party prepared to bring the damage.

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

When I do it on my Ele, I stack might > stealth with Harpy Feather+Spy Kit(or let a friend stealth me, he normally plays thief) > drop Earth Shield and pull with skill 4. You might want to follow up with skill 5 cause pugs are slow.

Should probably drop a swirl too in pugs, didnt think of that ;_;
So might, stealth, swirl, swap to staff and earth shield pull

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3adcje/please_dont_kill_the_tank_mesmer_xpost_official/

Not a pug lyfe story but I wouldnt like to see that guy on my PvP pug arena…

Posted by: Sham.4175

Sham.4175

God kitten , so thats the sound of this game now? Are yhese pugs for real? I was planning on coming back to play but if pugs act that way…no fun…

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3adcje/please_dont_kill_the_tank_mesmer_xpost_official/

Not a pug lyfe story but I wouldnt like to see that guy on my PvP pug arena…

#theretaliationisreal

bladex.9502

Looks like I have to start selling Arah more often

Attachments:

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Looks like I have to start selling Arah more often

kitten 10 gold for path 3? Market must be desperate.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

deSade.9437

Not a pug, but worth posting!

Title: Rezzed by the Bearbow

If you guess what happened (so hard!) Imma send you a slab of red meat.

Attachments:

bladex.9502

Not a pug, but worth posting!

Title: Rezzed by the Bearbow

If you guess what happened (so hard!) Imma send you a slab of red meat.

Gotta love the charge attack on those abominations

spoj.9672

Abomination fgs?

deSade.9437

Abomination fgs?

Sorry son, he was faster. No meat for you! Even tho I know you like it….

spoj.9672

I was literally typing when he posted. So unfair. :<

Guess its not so bad. I had a nice juicy steak with peppercorn sauce for dinner today anyway.

spoj.9672

Pretty obvious warning to avoid.

Attachments:

deSade.9437

a nice juicy steak with peppercorn sauce for dinner today anyway.

:Q___

And lol, no thieves.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

so was pugging AC and saw this guardian. not only that, but he was using the Runes of the Golemancer. The other asura ele could not stack might or even drop an ice bow, while my friend and (the human ele) duo-ed everything pretty much

Attachments:

bladex.9502

so was pugging AC and saw this guardian. not only that, but he was using the Runes of the Golemancer. The other asura ele could not stack might or even drop an ice bow, while my friend and (the human ele) duo-ed everything pretty much

Both eles running signet of air, that’s some proper kittening puglyfe right there

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Both eles running signet of air, that’s some proper kittening puglyfe right there

It’s scepter piece collecting part (I think) followed by a trash run, signet of air actually makes a lot of sense.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Your bags are full

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

bladex.9502

It’s scepter piece collecting part (I think) followed by a trash run, signet of air actually makes a lot of sense.

Didn’t really watch the minimap, I’m tired.
But still, the ele also using the other 2 signets kinda indicates that he isn’t using signet of air just for the trash run

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

yeah that ele did not take a single signet off their bar. the other one had just finished doing the scepters and my inventory is always full. whenever i share screens with friends on skype they always hate seeing my inventory xD

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

God kitten , so thats the sound of this game now? Are yhese pugs for real? I was planning on coming back to play but if pugs act that way…no fun…

Actually, 90% of my run experiences are good. People tend to push the negatives.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

The iphiw ele builds used in pve are real fun to have in party. Usually just as good in defiance management as a fearmancer, I mean necro. Had an aurashare ele in TA who made sure we had shocking aura at the start of each boss fight, another yesterday in SE p2, charged into every boss with RTL, followed by updraft.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

bladex.9502

The iphiw ele builds used in pve are real fun to have in party. Usually just as good in defiance management as a fearmancer, I mean necro. Had an aurashare ele in TA who made sure we had shocking aura at the start of each boss fight, another yesterday in SE p2, charged into every boss with RTL, followed by updraft.

Still better than the rangers that begin their rotation with Point Blank Shot and push everything out of your AoE’s

deSade.9437

Still better than the rangers that begin their rotation with Point Blank Shot and push everything out of your AoE’s

They don’t begin the rotation with it, they WAIT FOR YOU TO INITIATE 100B and then…
Or meteor shower.
Or ib.
Or barrage.
Or sword aa so they send you leaping to infinity and beyond…
Ugh.

bladex.9502

They don’t begin the rotation with it, they WAIT FOR YOU TO INITIATE 100B and then…
Or meteor shower.
Or ib.
Or barrage.
Or sword aa so they send you leaping to infinity and beyond…
Ugh.

Let me just cast this……. FUAAAAAARK /votekick

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

I guess thats the good thing about engi not having much in the way of channeled skills. It still sucks to have to run out of the fire field that I just put down though. Not sure which annoys me more, knockback as soon as I place a fire field, or the guard that insists that I must have a light field under me at all times.

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

Prepare for Guard light field over load as of tomorrow with Symbolic Avenger…. perhaps unwittingly some pugs guards will be more useful.