Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Keep it civil guys, we don’t want to lose this thread over bickering and name calling. Remember that this is a forum for discussion and to help / educate other players, not just a place to plop your balls on the table and scream “LOOK AT THEM!!!” no matter how big, hairy, and lovely they may be.

Pathing is a rather obscure trick that doesn’t see a lot of widespread use outside of the more hardcore community. While very helpful, it’s neither essential nor obvious, so it’s no surprise that most people haven’t found out about it. Let’s educate folks instead of mocking them.

Or…ahem port half of Arah back to beginning and open LFG stating everyone welcome. I’m sure NOBODY does that, right? Riiiiiiight??

+1

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

What happened >_>

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Rather than shouting that “people should know”, screaming, whining, qqing and whatever else (that’s pretty much what you’re doing, it’s rude and doesn’t bring anything good for anyone), teach the people willing to learn will be more beneficial to everyone.

The “pathing” effect is so obvious that anyone who ran dungeons enough should and will notice it, on his own.

Or it could be just me….

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Rather than shouting that “people should know”, screaming, whining, qqing and whatever else (that’s pretty much what you’re doing, it’s rude and doesn’t bring anything good for anyone), teach the people willing to learn will be more beneficial to everyone.

The “pathing” effect is so obvious that anyone who ran dungeons enough should and will notice it, on his own.

Or it could be just me….

Still not the point. But yeah, i didn’t know how to call it but i’ve noticed it before. And i assume it’s the case of many, but again, there is no reason to jump on/mock someone who doesn’t know. What’s obivous for hardcore runners is not necessarly for the average dungeon runner, even if they run them quite often.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Since you all are so experienced, why don’t you list all “pathing” enemies and how to deal with them? With and without stealth.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I don’t think that would prove anything. Ability to identify a mechanic isn’t the same as listing all mobs that use said mechanic. Apples and oranges.

dlonie.6547

I have a feeling weth is asking because of gw2dungeons.net

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

I don’t get it, I honestly thought pathing mobs is basic and common knowledge in dungeon clearing. How is this an issue?

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

That ‘pathing’ you described, sorry but that is so super specific… I read the forums almost every day, have played 3’000 hours and started in betas and didn’t know about this. I knew at the beginning thiefs de-aggroed while stealthed – this got nerfed.

How can you NOT know about this if you have played 3000 hours?
I would imagine when you’re stealthed, and you still see mobs following you, you wonder why that happens, and search for a solution, no?
I guess you play PvP, which doesn’t have any mechanics at all

That’s exactly the kind of rude behavior that make people call folks here “elitists”.

You can call me an elitist, but at least I don’t waste other people’s time by pulling all of Southeast-Asia on every skip

Well you didn’t get the point…

I’m sorry, but where exactly did you see me “screaming, whining, qqing and whatever else”?
I just said I was surprised that he didn’t know it after 3000 hours of gametime.
Also, whenever I see someone in my group that doesn’t understand pathing, I explain it to them.
Stop assuming things that you don’t know kitten about, makes you look dumb

You’re probably just a filthy zerk elitist Kappa

(edited by bladex.9502)

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Didn’t Miku post a picture somewhere where he pathed like 3 arah p4 bosses onto the start WP?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Before I learned pathing I just jumped off the ledge after the champs in arah p1. The little oozes sometimes followed but they’d die fast enough it wasn’t a problem.

It’s really no big deal not to path, especially in pugs where coordination can be sketchy. Personally I use pathing when possible because it saves time but sometimes you don’t have a thief or an engineer and the next best option is to not path.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Didn’t Miku post a picture somewhere where he pathed like 3 arah p4 bosses onto the start WP?

Something like that. Best thing he could have done to top that off would have been to pull players from LFG that were wanting to do Arah for the first time.

“Welcome to Arah!”

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Not my screen, but something I found in a fb-group lol:

Attachments:

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I don’t think that would prove anything. Ability to identify a mechanic isn’t the same as listing all mobs that use said mechanic. Apples and oranges.

On the subject of pathing, Is there a way to stop mobs from following me, like that group of risen between room before lupi and shogroth?

bladex.9502

On the subject of pathing, Is there a way to stop mobs from following me, like that group of risen between room before lupi and shogroth?

You have to hit them once so they dont teleport to you

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

Yes, you can. As soon as they start walking towards you, they’re basically aggroed, even if they don’t attack. You can LoS them somewhere, WP to previous waypoint before they see you and they port with you – they’re now scattered all over the Shoggoth room and you can get through them without killing any of them or without any of them following you.

I have a spot and exact timing when to do it in head, but it’s obviously difficult to write this.

Posted by: fiouch.2189

fiouch.2189

I just spent 5 minutes explaining to 2 elementalists that they have skills with fire fields and that people can use blast finisher on them.

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

So tired of this…

Attachments:

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Well, did it?

It would prove that people care about educating people and making the situation better instead of complaining in a corner called dungeon forums.

Sure, it’s great if people educate people in-game but it would be much more effective to pile up all the information somewhere.

I don’t get it, I honestly thought pathing mobs is basic and common knowledge in dungeon clearing. How is this an issue?

Simple question getting two different answers. Or being difficult to write down.

That’s supposed to be “common knowledge”?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I’m sorry, but where exactly did you see me “screaming, whining, qqing and whatever else”?
I just said I was surprised that he didn’t know it after 3000 hours of gametime.
Also, whenever I see someone in my group that doesn’t understand pathing, I explain it to them.
Stop assuming things that you don’t know kitten about, makes you look dumb

You’re probably just a filthy zerk elitist Kappa

I think I just misinterpreted this. I know the mechanic, but didn’t know the name of it. Just to place enemies to a different point, we even did that in GW1 (i.e. Kanaxai boss spawns).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

How about you hippies stop bickering about this before some over zealous mod comes and closes this thread.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

So the other day I was doing HoTW path one with a friend.

The pugs in our group wanted to range the Troll at the start. I hopped down and started to melee him when I noticed the groups guardian was standing up on the house spamming staff one.

I “love” a good staff spammer as much as the next guy, but come on do people even read the skills or look for numbers to know at least if they are hitting anything, even if it just tickles them its better then nothing

How can a person have two legendary weapons and still not known how combat works in this game?

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

bladex.9502

How can a person have two legendary weapons and still not known how combat works in this game?

Mom’s credit card

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Today was fruitful:

Attachments:

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: bearbear.1903

bearbear.1903

No sure why you’d want no boons, unless it’s a self imposed “hard mode”.

Thinking about it, it’d be quite difficult to pull off unless you took bad (or no) traits and used no skills aside from auto attack.

Attachments:

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You should have joined and asked.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

so this account name popped up when I was spot holding for a friend selling arah. was actually a proper buyer and a really nice person. still funny tho

Attachments:

Posted by: Delmain.5167

Delmain.5167

So, I’ve been sitting on this story for some time now.
I was in a partial pug group (was a little more specific in that I was looking for new players. A teaching run, basically) to tutor Aetherpath. I get 4 players who are very new to the path (or at least hadn’t done the path entirely yet). Everything is fine, advancing through the bosses, teaching them the puzzles and tricks, and we finally reach the final boss.

During part 1, where we have to destroy the generators, we do it successfully, and we are all stacked into one spot. Now comes the funny part. I’ve warned them the moment that the Cinematic started, to spam dodge and try to move out of the way the moment it ends. All but one manage to do that, and the one ended up eating 5 Gears to the face and was eviscerated. Alright, I’m thinking “I’ll revive him after the gears disappear,” and focus on the boss. Little did I know that a second person went to try and revive the first person and got eviscerated by the gears! Then a third person goes to revive them and THEY get eviscerated by the gears! I finally notice half the party is dead, turn around just in time to see 3 dead bodies gathered at the gear while the FOURTH person does the exact same thing! I was just dumbfounded at that. I decide to kill myself a little bit later so we can all revive. After we all revived, one of the players said “So THOSE are the gears you were talking about!”
We did end up finishing the run, but man.. that was the first time I ever saw lemmings in Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

No sure why you’d want no boons, unless it’s a self imposed “hard mode”.

I’m sure the lfg asks for “no noobs”, not no “enchantments”.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

A necro pug started interrogating me asking if I was ‘giving boons’ a few days back, like it was a bad thing, idk >_>

dlonie.6547

Maybe that’s why PHIWs stay at range?

To avoid the boonaids?

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Listed right now. Literally right now.
http://s3.postimg.org/xrjfr5adv/screenshot_2015_07_03.png

I followed up with http://s3.postimg.org/536hnx87n/screenshot_2015_07_03.png

posting delisted instantly

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Maybe that’s why PHIWs stay at range?

To avoid the boonaids?

That’s why I also melee though.: to avoid the boonaids might from staff guardians at range

Posted by: huntsman.4693

huntsman.4693

Gotta go fast!

Attachments:

Posted by: Offerande.5240

Offerande.5240

Funny and annoying, Arah 4: max 40k ap min 20k ap, Meta builds, 3 Ele’s, No necro’s ranger noob is kick!!!!

Uffffff

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

The story of SE p1.

Attachments:

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Crap mesmers. Maybe I want to be dirty huh? Ever think of that? No? Ofcourse not! thats why you’re a mesmer and not another warrior.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Fractals 40+ advertisements were sure popular tonight.

Attachments:

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I want to join the last guy. Pie > cake!

Talyn.3295

You can find anything with LFG

Attachments:

Posted by: Intertwine.8720

Intertwine.8720

This happened today:

Joined a party for AC P2, the party consisted of 2 Warriors, 2 Elementalists (One is me) and 1 Thief. With the exception of myself and one other warrior, the rest were all under level 80.
After wiping at breeder twice, the other Elementalists said we should stack for it because “We have 2 guards for reflects”

When we made it past the breeder section, the same Elementalist said that we should stack for the Ghosteater trap part, and proceeded to stack at north trap when west trap is up.

After I told her our DPS is too low and we’re unlikely to clear all the mobs before the mob spawn on the next trap, the reply was:

“It’s okay, we have aoes”

I don’t think I’ve ever been this entertained while pugging.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I want to join the last guy. Pie > cake!

Lol, I did join his group, we did a fractal 50 and blew through it. ^^

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Talyn.3295

So I was running CoE last night, it was near the end of our dungeon tour. Started with AC and working out way through.

Mostly a guild group, 4 of us. We picked up a PuG warrior, the cool kind that you like to keep with you from one dungeon to the next. We had ran path 1 and 2 with no problems . No downs, no deaths. Our ele and engi are doing a great job, stacking our might before we charge in, bursting down pretty much every boss, etc.

Nice casual sort of run where we were laughing and talking or what not.

Path 3 our Engi has to go, so we decide to open up the run for an extra pug. We were all running our zerker gear. So my guild mate decides to put in his post, “Zerker/Meta”

I ask why he felt the need to add Meta anyway. He said to keep us from getting something crazy like a staff guard.

We had just finished or started the 1st alpha fight, can’t really remember, when another Engi joins us. Though cool, nice to get a replacement. First and only words from this engi is “foods”

I look at my bar, and sure enough, my food buff had worn off. So being the troll I am I whip out my birthday blaster and have some cake. Our new Engi had taken off before the rest of us, and having ran ahead was the first one into the golem room past the stairs. No, biggie the rest of us came in a bit later and blasted them down, no deaths.

Jumping part wasn’t hard, but our warrior DCed leaving us with 3 on the far side and only 1 on the left. Our new engi made sure to send a sigh, as if this had been planned. We waited for our warrior to come back at the top of the stairs smashed the golem there, then ran into the next room for the turret defense.

Party chat says something like “I am gonna go.” then our new engi was gone.

We went ahead and four maned the rest of path 3. But none of us were quite sure if we imagined that engi or not..

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

You had just touched the door of a tryhard unharmed. Welcome back!

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Found this lovely chat from a couple months back.

Attachments:

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

lol Parent = ultimate dungeon boss

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

So I was running CoE last night, it was near the end of our dungeon tour. Started with AC and working out way through.

Mostly a guild group, 4 of us. We picked up a PuG warrior, the cool kind that you like to keep with you from one dungeon to the next. We had ran path 1 and 2 with no problems . No downs, no deaths. Our ele and engi are doing a great job, stacking our might before we charge in, bursting down pretty much every boss, etc.

Path 3 our Engi has to go, so we decide to open up the run for an extra pug. We were all running our zerker gear. So my guild mate decides to put in his post, “Zerker/Meta”

I ask why he felt the need to add Meta anyway. He said to keep us from getting something crazy like a staff guard.

We had just finished or started the 1st alpha fight, can’t really remember, when another Engi joins us. Though cool, nice to get a replacement. First and only words from this engi is “foods”

I look at my bar, and sure enough, my food buff had worn off. So being the troll I am I whip out my birthday blaster and have some cake. Our new Engi had taken off before the rest of us, and having ran ahead was the first one into the golem room past the stairs. No, biggie the rest of us came in a bit later and blasted them down, no deaths.

Jumping part wasn’t hard, but our warrior DCed leaving us with 3 on the far side and only 1 on the left. Our new engi made sure to send a sigh, as if this had been planned. We waited for our warrior to come back at the top of the stairs smashed the golem there, then ran into the next room for the turret defense.

We went ahead and four maned the rest of path 3. But none of us were quite sure if we imagined that engi or not..

Now I feel bad for not jumping in to help ya’ll last night lol

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

Talyn.3295

Now I feel bad for not jumping in to help ya’ll last night lol

Don’t feel to bad about it, we all had a good laugh about it.

You had just touched the door of a tryhard unharmed. Welcome back!

Thanks, with any kind of luck I won’t be ringing that doorbell again anytime soon. Was his loss, the whole path really didn’t take that long.

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

/parent spiked

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: Pengy.9580

Pengy.9580

That is HILARIOUS! Lol