Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Or…ahem port half of Arah back to beginning and open LFG stating everyone welcome. I’m sure NOBODY does that, right? Riiiiiiight??

I DOOOO

Didn’t Miku post a picture somewhere where he pathed like 3 arah p4 bosses onto the start WP?

Let me find the picture for you…

Ah, that wasn’t hard to find. Saved it as “ebola waypoint.png”

It was the first boss of p4 and I lured all the p3 mobs at the start, and lured all the elite risen from the left side of p1 on the way to ooze. Fortunately I got lucky this time and one of them was an illusionist, just to spice things up

Was so funny, they all had permanent regen and the illusionist was giving all the mobs retaliation too from its chaos storms.

Attachments:

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Or…ahem port half of Arah back to beginning and open LFG stating everyone welcome. I’m sure NOBODY does that, right? Riiiiiiight??

I DOOOO

Didn’t Miku post a picture somewhere where he pathed like 3 arah p4 bosses onto the start WP?

It was the first boss of p4 and I lured all the p3 mobs at the start, and lured all the elite risen from the left side of p1 on the way to ooze. Fortunately I got lucky this time and one of them was an illusionist, just to spice things up

Was so funny, they all had permanent regen and the illusionist was giving all the mobs retaliation too from its chaos storms.

Lol, ebola waypoint. That’s so you. Make sure not to let it slip at the restaurant

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I DOOOO

Hm how exactly do you do this? Just aggro them and WP?

i feel like it cant be that simple

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I DOOOO

Ebola waypoint, lmao.
Yeah, that sounds just like you.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

As if being brazen about it weren’t bad enough, now people are using LFG to ask for help exploiting.

Attachments:

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Purple Miku.7032

“the exploit”

Implying there’s only one exploit…

But yes Nyx it’s not that simple. I made a video showing how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhNDGqJe6iA

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Today I joined a fotm 50 pug. The group already had 2 wars and 2 ele, being the third ele, I thought “Sure, why not?”. Then one of the warrior started to nag about one of the party member should relog to guard. So I cheekily told him “But ele is OP!”
-“Only if you can survive.”
-“Oh, surely yes!”

At the second fractal, we got Harpy. I swapped to dagger/focus and helped the group to kill off the first three Harpies. At this point, the warrior started yelling “No no, we cannot do this. One of you need to log guardian right now.” As we proceed to continue climbing upward, the warrior without moving away from his spawn location declared “If no one logs guard, I’m gonna leave this group.” He was completely mortified watching the group struggling and ignoring him. Sensing that the group didn’t provide enough damage mitigation as it should, I decided to save my utilities to skip the last few steps of the puzzle and took refuge in the inner room. By the time I came back to the chat, the warrior had already flied away with a short note “bb”.

The story would have just ended here but it did not.

One of the staff ele failed the skip and died next to the couple of harpies stationed at the top floor. As I was close by, he targeted my character and switched to /say chat:
- “HEY. Heal me.”
As I tried to kill off the harpy threat, I told him “sec”. After rezing him up, I told him:
- “You know you’re rude? Asking for rez without even say please or ty”
He replied:
- “You know I just said heal me, I didn’t ASK YOU. You also ignored me and were busy typing. You are making a big deal out of nothing.”
- "So where’s my “thank you”?"
- “Thank you. And where is the apology for letting me die ?”
- “Wow, you should log a guard if you think people have to babysit you. Such entitlement.”
- “Like I said making a big deal out of nothing. Dude, you whine about wanting me to say thanks. I even gave it to you. I could have waked up though (without your res)”.
- “Alright, I’m sorry for healing you. Next time you walk back.”

And I held true to my words for the whole fractals.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

- “Alright, I’m sorry for healing you. Next time you walk back.”

And I held true to my words for the whole fractals.

claps

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

“the exploit”

But yes Nyx it’s not that simple. I made a video showing how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhNDGqJe6iA

ooh thank you! too bad i suck at mountain goating but i will try this one day!

Today I joined a fotm 50 pug. The group already had 2 wars and 2 ele, being the third ele, I thought “Sure, why not?”. Then one of the warrior started to nag about one of the party member should relog to guard. So I cheekily told him “But ele is OP!”

My friend and I joined a group and instantly an ele started kittening that i was on mesmer and my friend was on ele bc the comp was teef 3 eles and a mesmer….

Get’s kinda annoying how much people stick to ‘meta’ in pugs, even though all they have to do is learn how to put on focus. Idm someone asking for a guard if things go poorly, but it’s annoying to have someone tell you to swap immediately. Since starting mesmer i think i understand a bit how necros and rangers feel _

NovaanVerdiano.6174

“the exploit”

ooh thank you! too bad i suck at mountain goating but i will try this one day!

My friend and I joined a group and instantly an ele started kittening that i was on mesmer and my friend was on ele bc the comp was teef 3 eles and a mesmer….

Get’s kinda annoying how much people stick to ‘meta’ in pugs, even though all they have to do is learn how to put on focus. Idm someone asking for a guard if things go poorly, but it’s annoying to have someone tell you to swap immediately. Since starting mesmer i think i understand a bit how necros and rangers feel _

You only know how a necro feels if you get kicked out of 5 groups in a row instantly upon joining.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

You only know how a necro feels if you get kicked out of 5 groups in a row instantly upon joining.

You know you can make your own groups? :O

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You know you can make your own groups? :O

I’m quite aware of that, but if there is a group with 3+/5 players, seemingly no restrictions (at least none mentioned) and running the paths I want, why not join them? It’s not exactly my fault that they don’t mention they don’t want necros. lol
At some point I did end up always making my own groups because it got silly, though.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

http://s3.postimg.org/dqsvtf0sz/fpapa.png

3 ele’s Myself included
1 engi
1 thief

Just a snippet of the ego boosts they gave each other.

Meanwhile only one who even saw might/glyph of storms etc etc
Engi talked of nades but camped flamethrower.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

3 ele’s Myself included
1 engi
1 thief

Love people who think that damage inherently comes from class, not rotations, skills, etc…

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

3 ele’s Myself included
1 engi
1 thief

Love people who think that damage inherently comes from class, not rotations, skills, etc…

Only in pugs people make you wait for 15minutes because they insist that you need a guardian for AC.
Nobody seems to be bothered that the guardian doesn’t bring any of the things you want them for either.
No blinds, stability, aegis timing, reflects, swiftness or boon. Everyone will be really surprised if they die. Don’t all of the pros say how easy it is if you have a guardian?

But seriously, this can be applied to any class. People blindly following the meta without even knowing why anything is played or why any class is a must have in some dungeons.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

Wot

Attachments:

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Wot

:D

No easymode is more fun! Though I did end up getting downed >.<

IrisTheCasual.3742

Trolls at their best!

Edit: Gosh, it actually happened (shake head).

(edited by IrisTheCasual.3742)

IrisTheCasual.3742

Well, the pug meta is changing, indeed. Kinda scary there.

Attachments:

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

> staff elementalist
> 25 premight required

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

Just now xD Good luck finding Arah story.

Attachments:

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Posted by: Mizukage.3964

Mizukage.3964

Arah Dungeon:

“path 2 idiots are welcomed” – he had obviously experience with these kind of players XD

AC:
“30+ all path” – by a thief

CoF:
“SELL READING LESSONS 100g/hour!#——LFG&” – there was even more to read but it was the end of the textline xD
“p3, p4” – CoF p4 best dungeon ever!

Sometimes there are listings with “bring brain” ..

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

…I died a little on the inside.

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

Well I just got kicked from a pug. 2 warriors, 2 eles, 1 ranger. They kick me, the ele, because they need a guardian.

It was an AC run =D

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

I seriously don’t understand the obsession with guardians in AC. You literally have one fight where reflects are useful, the boss of p2. And even for that you can just 5 icebow him, or use any of the other random missile protection abilities that are available on every profession except war and necro. Anything else in AC is pretty much a cakewalk where just stacking heaps of damage from any profession is sufficient.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Purple Miku.7032

I seriously don’t understand the obsession with guardians in AC. You literally have one fight where reflects are useful, the boss of p2. And even for that you can just 5 icebow him, or use any of the other random missile protection abilities that are available on every profession except war and necro. Anything else in AC is pretty much a cakewalk where just stacking heaps of damage from any profession is sufficient.

Where is this obsession that you speak of? Pugs? I would not consider pugging AC so I of course would not know.

I would argue that WoR would be more useful at SQ than last boss of P2, because with wall you can safely burst the queen down in the middle even with all 4 gargoyles up and without pre-killing all the mini spiders.

However… if we’re talking about pugs then they most likely wouldn’t do that anyways.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

You can hide behind a warrior using reflect on block for that boss, only necro is useless

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Where is this obsession that you speak of? Pugs? I would not consider pugging AC so I of course would not know.

I would argue that WoR would be more useful at SQ than last boss of P2, because with wall you can safely burst the queen down in the middle even with all 4 gargoyles up and without pre-killing all the mini spiders.

However… if we’re talking about pugs then they most likely wouldn’t do that anyways.

This entire thread is about the LFG tool and pugs.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: fracture.9754

fracture.9754

If this was directed at me – after soloing/duoing AC for a thousand times you want the next difficulty level – pugging it. I felt like having a bit of fun today, so I pugged all the dungeons all the paths, including AE and Arah just for fun. What else is there to do in this game anyway? :/

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

Another way to get a team as a necro xD

Attachments:

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Purple Miku.7032

This entire thread is about the LFG tool and pugs.

Yeah… I am aware of that… but not every post on the thread has been, so what’s wrong with me asking him/her?

Posted by: Alathaer.3960

Alathaer.3960

ballsy arah lfg

Attachments:

may or may not be a 2nd acc

deSade.9437

ballsy arah lfg

LOL, what balls? The blue balls of death? Pfffffffff——-excuse me.

deSade.9437

I’m kittened because I dced and deleted one of my stupid little narrations and here it is, our pug.

As you can imagine, my hair went white and I died of spontaneous combustion as soon as I saw… that.
The Predator was cool, though. Especially at the ele source…

Attachments:

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Well that’s the first time I’ve seen someone ask for a necro specifically.

Attachments:

deSade.9437

For dem op 44 healz?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

For dem op 44 healz?

Only if they’re capping might with power main stat :P

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

44hp necro is the new meta. :3

deSade.9437

44hp necro is the new meta.

STOP. Just… stop ç_ç
dem feels.

On a related note: ShirOooooOOOOoooo.
shiroshiroshiroshiroshiroshiiiiiiroooooooo.

http://i.imgur.com/cpDQgFB.jpg

IrisTheCasual.3742

I keep seeing flame thrower camping engineers everywhere in pugs from fotm to dungeons. They all seem very confident in their knowledge about zerker meta, yet when asked if FT camping is good DPS, their answers have been randomly such as “I need stability”, “I need might”, etc. I find them worse when they spam all of their CC off cool down and messed up boss’ position or defiant stacks.

Is Flamegi the new Bearbow now?

Pic: Mesmer vs. Flamethrower Engi #sadlyfe

Attachments:

Jerus.4350

It’s one of the new favorite PVP builds as I understand, so no surprise it’s leaking into PVE. Seem to see that a lot, whatever is popular in PVP people just carry over and call it good still.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

http://s3.postimg.org/z78fvybbn/fpapa.png

Putting false lfgs for the fun of it.

Shoulda known something was up when I they said they would wait for me.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

I keep seeing flame thrower camping engineers everywhere in pugs from fotm to dungeons. They all seem very confident in their knowledge about zerker meta, yet when asked if FT camping is good DPS, their answers have been randomly such as “I need stability”, “I need might”, etc. I find them worse when they spam all of their CC off cool down and messed up boss’ position or defiant stacks.

I hope LFG won’t have “no FT engi”. I like burning weed to death.

Jerus.4350

I hope LFG won’t have “no FT engi”. I like burning weed to death.

:D yeah I do pull out my FT at times and … FIRE FIRE FIRE!!! mauahahahahahahahaha…

It’s a great “on swap” weapon, and there are time I think it’s worth using the 1 skill.

IrisTheCasual.3742

Don’t be salty on me when I flame you with your abysmal addiction to a terrible weapon. Not that we ever get to play fractals anymore lately :\

On that note, yesterday I opened an LFG for “50, No underwater Mossman. No carry. No free ride”. The group was filled almost instantly. Under suspicion of some quick-fingered merge, I asked if any of the new comers actually read the LFG and what it was about. A guy answered me with: “Shut the f—- up, b—— and get on to it (the wisp)”. Without saying a thing, my friend and I entered our emergency protocol and abandoned the instance at once. The rude guy didn’t forget to chase after his victim (see pic below), only to meet with total annihilation. Body was burnt and ash scattered. So long.

Attachments:

deSade.9437

Don’t be salty on me when I flame you with your abysmal addiction to a terrible weapon. Not that we ever get to play fractals anymore lately :\

On that note, yesterday I opened an LFG for “50, No underwater Mossman. No carry. No free ride”. The group was filled almost instantly. Under suspicion of some quick-fingered merge, I asked if any of the new comers actually read the LFG and what it was about. A guy answered me with: “Shut the f—- up, b—— and get on to it (the wisp)”. Without saying a thing, my friend and I entered our emergency protocol and abandoned the instance at once. The rude guy didn’t forget to chase after his victim (see pic below), only to meet with total annihilation. Body was burnt and ash scattered. So long.

What a nice guy.
He must’ve been a 1spammerstackincornerzergburger. That’s what they do, right? I got told that’s what they do.

IrisTheCasual.3742

No, this guy is a guardian with staff. I remember quitting from his group before. Every time I stacked might as an ele, he would overdrive it with Empower. When I asked him very nicely that he would stop doing that. He responded to me with “Shut the f—- up or get the f—- out” -“But seriously, please” -“U don’t read or u’re blind”. Ooh, the memory is so vivid it’s coming back. Why do I only remember it now…

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

The saltiness is real..

Jerus.4350

Why not??? hit me up anytime! I welcome the flame I’ll even bring my condi burning engi! He looks pretty

Posted by: Kitten.2074

Kitten.2074

Found this happy fellow in CM.
Was told that we are skipping the trash after Gunpowder Morgan but somehow he interpreted that as: Let’s run in and aggro EVERYTHING!
When confronted about his Leeroy Jenkins like habits and inability to read he threw a little hissy fit.

On the side note, what is the point of blocking someone and then continuing to spam them? :/

Attachments: