deSade.9437

Ops

Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

http://s3.postimg.org/5v9m6htcj/screenshot_2015_07_22.png

so hopped in lazy af SE story jsut woke up was like meh whatevers
so ele is rushing ahead and 2-3 others are watching cs so I say whats the rush..
he blitzes to 2nd golem boss no real problem. kill him.
at that point im like last boss is silly so I hop in lava and tab to yt to watch some videos.
que spam to tell me to come. for what i dont know. Then I see why, some die at boss. then they kick me. I guess I was needed for the emotional support.

Attachments:

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

http://s3.postimg.org/5v9m6htcj/screenshot_2015_07_22.png

so hopped in lazy af SE story jsut woke up was like meh whatevers
so ele is rushing ahead and 2-3 others are watching cs so I say whats the rush..
he blitzes to 2nd golem boss no real problem. kill him.
at that point im like last boss is silly so I hop in lava and tab to yt to watch some videos.
que spam to tell me to come. for what i dont know. Then I see why, some die at boss. then they kick me. I guess I was needed for the emotional support.

So, you’re complaining that you got kicked for killing yourself and alt tabbing so other people kill the boss for you and you can basically leech the reward? cool story bro

DonQuack.9025

Well yes and no. didnt get kicked for killing self as it was more of a knocked into lava and saving a bit of face ( see the aggro run with all of the golems that do knockback spin) Leech the 50s. pls

got kicked for knowing i wouldnt be able to make the run solo and declining to try.

Sorta like i dunno CM last boss I dont know how you do that but if a person dies on that run to save time simply kill last boss and leave person at wp.
Its not like I was the only person who knew how to use reflects. Its not like I was the one who made sure zojja stayed alive during the midlevel cutscene watching so it wouldnt bug out and have to start instance over.

so basically Yes. I assumed my contribution for the other 90% of the dungeon allowed me to instead of repeatedly dying whilst they watched and waited allowed me to simply say “nah Ill stay here. its faster if you guys simply kill him than wait on me then kill him.”

Which on reflection was probably unwise. Considering their performance in the rest of the dungeon, I was probably needed and based on what I saw before I was kicked I know I was needed. Unfortunately no attempt was made to assist me. Perhaps I was being a bit vindictive. still imo kittens for kicking me.

Guess I should start kicking people who fail runs.

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Well yes and no. didnt get kicked for killing self as it was more of a knocked into lava and saving a bit of face ( see the aggro run with all of the golems that do knockback spin) Leech the 50s. pls

got kicked for knowing i wouldnt be able to make the run solo and declining to try.

Sorta like i dunno CM last boss I dont know how you do that but if a person dies on that run to save time simply kill last boss and leave person at wp.
Its not like I was the only person who knew how to use reflects. Its not like I was the one who made sure zojja stayed alive during the midlevel cutscene watching so it wouldnt bug out and have to start instance over.

so basically Yes. I assumed my contribution for the other 90% of the dungeon allowed me to instead of repeatedly dying whilst they watched and waited allowed me to simply say “nah Ill stay here. its faster if you guys simply kill him than wait on me then kill him.”

Which on reflection was probably unwise. Considering their performance in the rest of the dungeon, I was probably needed and based on what I saw before I was kicked I know I was needed. Unfortunately no attempt was made to assist me. Perhaps I was being a bit vindictive. still imo kittens for kicking me.

Guess I should start kicking people who fail runs.

Not sure if troll or doesn’t know how to play in groups..

DonQuack.9025

totes doesnt know how to play in groups
not good enough to be troll more like a goblin
i paly bttR in gruop now rite? https://youtu.be/d_Pn1zqmVDw

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

If you didnt like that they skipped the golems before the final boss you could have said that in chat and asked for help or anything, and not just going afk without saying a word. It’s ok that in your head you think you carried then through the entire dungeon, but that doesnt mean you can just have a terrible attitude and refuse to even try to comunicate with the group.

DonQuack.9025

If you didnt like that they skipped the golems before the final boss you could have said that in chat and asked for help or anything, and not just going afk without saying a word. It’s ok that in your head you think you carried then through the entire dungeon, but that doesnt mean you can just have a terrible attitude and refuse to even try to comunicate with the group.

“nah Ill stay here. its faster if you guys simply kill him than wait on me then kill him.”

Never said I didnt say anything. my being kicked is not my qualm. its my being kicked over the guy who was rushing. The guy who was calling talkin kitten about the cutscene watchers. Infact the cutscene watchers even commented its my first time here and it’s story so I am going to watch the story. Its my qualm that the guy who ran off whilst said CS was playing kicked me whilst I waited for the watchers to finish and made sure to show them/assist with the path. It is my qualm that the very people I assisted kicked me.

oh btw No one needs to tell me to support. I see projectiles I drop WoR. I see a low hp teammate i rotate aegis to assist them. I see conditions I cleanse them. I see a thief running any person who “doest have” access to swiftness, I port back with the thief to give x more blasts, long lasting swiftness and aegis if anything goes wrong.

So kitten me if I am an kitten for being kittened at them when they kicked me during a run they barely made because I quickly noticed what was going on and switched traits quickly so I could remove the chill, give swiftness, and stability so they wouldnt get knocked off the bridge.

in short kitten them kitten you.

bladex.9502

totes doesnt know how to play in groups
not good enough to be troll more like a goblin
i paly bttR in gruop now rite? https://youtu.be/d_Pn1zqmVDw

I should have known…..

savacli.8172

Thank you folks for joining us on today’s QQ on being in a bad group. Please be sure to grab your complimentary precursor on your way out and be sure to tip your Quaggans (not literally).

Sorry for the bad group mate, but the folks on this thread are about poking fun at bad groups rather than hearing players rant about them.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Ok, so I was ask to join two guildies in fractals 40 today. We 3 maned the swamp and then opened LFG to pick up two pugs, an ele and another guardian.

Got the char fractal, not to bad. Although we did wipe once.

The real fun started at the third when we got the fire shaman. I noticed the other guard had been pretty much staff camping during the Char fractal, with a few greatswordswaps but didn’t really pay to much attention to it, as I had the skills we needed covered.

During the the 1st fight with the the fire shaman i noticed a spirit sword and a hammer appear. Then instantly die. My guild mates start laughing, and i am like No. Those are not mine. So we beat the shaman, then pick our pug guardian up off the floor and head down for phase 2.

I am thinking She has to remove the staff for this part. She has too..

Well She starts out with Scepter focus, so I am thinking good. Then Suddenly swaps to staff for an empower. She had taken off her Greatsword, during the fire shaman to keep her staff on…
I face palm as we had stacked might before we hopped down. I then notice the Sword and hammer make an appearance again, but no Shield.

We managed to wipe again, and one of my guild mates was like Wall? So she adds that but keeps the hammer and sword. This time I am on my a game though, pulling in the elemental with my gs and cleaving them down etc, from inside my wall and shield etc. With no help from the other guard who had swapped back to her staff.

Final Fractal we get the Moltan Duo. And when we run in for the pres-tack might I kid you no. She summoned the Sword, the Hammer and the bow. We melted them down rather quickly though, but I haven’t laughed that hard and wanted to cry a the same time for a while.

#Collecting Snowflakes

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

/puts snowflakes outside on the balcony at 2pm

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I had a pug group with 3 guards(one of whom was running shout condi cleanse and had never done a 50 before) do a 32minute 50, I was rather amazed(I had a solid guard/ele in the group that were swapping out slaying potions throughout)

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

So I just pugged FOTM 50 and Nemesis was there and he got a precursor (and he almost salvaged it!)

Was good fun

Attachments:

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Now on to my weekly collection of LFGs:

(kitten it, decided to create an imgur album, easier on the eyes than multiple forum attachments)

http://imgur.com/a/T7WRy#0

Which one is truly the best?

1 - The 12k asura Ele with a guild named Infinite Slack and actually AFKing throughout Jade Maw?

2 - The Guardian at AC saying that “I used staff because your dps sucks”

3 - Perhaps the Elementalist telling me that Earth Elemental skill is boring but implying Hounds of Balthazar is fun? And how are those two any different? The convenience of dying as soon as Mossman sneezes at them? Pretty fireworks?

4 - Fractals lvl 1 LFG “NEED 2 TANKS”. Whoa, easy there PHIW, not one, but two -TWO tanks?

5 - Or maybe the typical guardian pug saying “guard heals, Wars dps” and actually rerolling from Guardian to Warrior at Molten Duo? The genius.

From this Weekly TOP 5, which LFG story takes the prize?

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Now on to my weekly collection of LFGs:

(kitten it, decided to create an imgur album, easier on the eyes than multiple forum attachments)

http://imgur.com/a/T7WRy#0

Which one is truly the best?

1 - The 12k asura Ele with a guild named Infinite Slack and actually AFKing throughout Jade Maw?

2 - The Guardian at AC saying that “I used staff because your dps sucks”

3 - Perhaps the Elementalist telling me that Earth Elemental skill is boring but implying Hounds of Balthazar is fun? And how are those two any different? The convenience of dying as soon as Mossman sneezes at them? Pretty fireworks?

4 - Fractals lvl 1 LFG “NEED 2 TANKS”. Whoa, easy there PHIW, not one, but two -TWO tanks?

5 - Or maybe the typical guardian pug saying “guard heals, Wars dps” and actually rerolling from Guardian to Warrior at Molten Duo? The genius.

From this Weekly TOP 5, which LFG story takes the prize?

Very dps, much might. Second one wins imo.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

found this gem today, I dont even…..

Attachments:

Posted by: MrNicoolio.9753

MrNicoolio.9753

A couple buddies and I run Arah P1-P3 almost daily and we usually need 1-2 pugs

We started a tradition to put, “No losers,” in the LFG ad. Not so much to deter new players or inexperienced runners, but just to make it fun. Whenever somebody joins the group we immediately ask, “Are you a winner?” if they respond, it’s usually the ones that are really good and have fun with the dungeon. If they don’t reply, we usually just leave them alone in complete silence…

Though one day, it came back to us when a PUG joined us and we do our usual, “Are you a winner?” question and the guy replies, “Oh you guys again!”

I have a feeling we’re getting popular, good!

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

10/10 + 15 charr.

savacli.8172

Start a CoE path 2 and got these two rockstars

First Alpha fight resulted in everyone but me going dead. Rockstar Necro was the first to go down after multiple failures to dodge the ice floor thingy with a prompt ‘WTF!! I swear I’m not kittening up’. This is about when Rockstar Thief comes in after having afk’d at the start the whole fight. Ironically though, thief was the first to Leroy in all the fights afterwards.

Fast forward to the turrets and the Golem. Every time the Golem went for the ’I’m firing ma laser!’ attack the Thief would interrupt it which would be fine and all…except that both the Mesmer and Guard on the team had properly set up reflects to catch the attack (I did pay close attention to see that it was the their interrupting the attack rather than the Golem cc’ing itself from a reflected attack).

After defending the cannon Necro shines once again by running out of the SR even though the thief gave notice. Cue the back up strats when the Abomination started chasing us.

Finally, on the Husk, the Necro took it upon him self to destroy everything in the arena…including the kamikaze golems that we needed for the event.

This is the team I got with an LFG post of ‘Path 2 Awesome pants preferred’

(edited by savacli.8172)

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Did they have awesome pants though?

savacli.8172

Did they have awesome pants though?

Their fabulousness of pants selection was the only thing that kept them in the party.

deSade.9437

I asked for “revenants, ping nude pics on join”.
Nobody joined.
/cries

Attachments:

(edited by deSade.9437)

Talyn.3295

Nobody joined.
/cries

I would have Joined. My Rev is a big Harry Norn.

deSade.9437

Nobody joined.
/cries

I’m not sure if I’m into that ç_ç

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

This morning, I was nonchalantly practicing the three-wisp run on my mes on level 29. I posted an LFG “Scale 29, 30 AR. No underwater Mossman please”. As my group filled up, this Mr. Bad-@s$ shot me a PM. It turns out he also blocked me in advance because I couldn’t answer him. So yeah, in case he would read this topic: “What’s the deal with you? It’s my group.”

Attachments:

deSade.9437

Phah! Anyone with fractal knowledge would know that mossie wipes your as knowledgeable and pro party in 2 moves… right!

IrisTheCasual.3742

Too bad, I had Bloomie .__."

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

l2fotm pls iris kthxbai

Talyn.3295

Nobody joined.
/cries

but…but…she is cute…

deSade.9437

Nobody joined.
/cries

but…but…she is cute…

She? I… I… uhm… I’m a lil confused (despite having a trans character in my regular party)
If it’s a she, we can come to an arrangement. Plz send pics to my secretary and we’ll try to find some room for an appointment.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

“50 fotm, pro meta zerk only war/guard/ele”
- Mossman in water.
- No Icebows.
- Ranging Arch Diviner.
- Ranging MaiTrim (no stack to remove protection).
- Using Res Bug @ Mai Trim.
Got a useless ring. :/
Elitist hug pweze o/

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Lar.1947

Lar.1947

This morning: CoE ‘fulltun, exp zerkers, No Metaf***ers!!!’

I guess it’s an official rebellion against meta now.

IrisTheCasual.3742

Nobody joined.
/cries

but…but…she is cute…

She? I… I… uhm… I’m a lil confused (despite having a trans character in my regular party)
If it’s a she, we can come to an arrangement. Plz send pics to my secretary and we’ll try to find some room for an appointment.

Mr. Gabo would see you now, ma’am.

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

This morning, I was nonchalantly practicing the three-wisp run on my mes on level 29. I posted an LFG “Scale 29, 30 AR. No underwater Mossman please”. As my group filled up, this Mr. Bad-@s$ shot me a PM. It turns out he also blocked me in advance because I couldn’t answer him. So yeah, in case he would read this topic: “What’s the deal with you? It’s my group.”

It’s usually the newbs who do underwater moss cause they can’t handle him on land. Good teams have no problems with fighting mossman legitimately and it’s 2-4x faster than water. Whomever PM’ed you is clueless. Keep up the good work.

bladex.9502

Was doing CoE today and halfway p2 someone had to go so we pugged a 5th.
LFG said metazerk gearcheck blablabla, the usual.
After a while a thief joins, and he ignored us asking to ping his gear, until after a while my friend asked it again.
He proceeded to ping white weapons and CoF armor with the baelfire runes still on it.
He got kicked, and we finished the run.

After the run I felt bad for him because he got kicked for his gear, since he was really friendly, and I personally don’t really care what gear he uses, as long as he plays good, so I messaged him.
Turns out he lost all his stuff when transferring servers, so my friend and I bought some exotics for him

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

How do you lose stuff when you transfer server? oO

Your bank is not affect if you xfer server.
Even guild bank copies over.

Or did he delete all his characters to get a free transfer? In which he didnt lose it, but choose to destroy it as couldnt be assed to pay the gem cost to move!

bladex.9502

How do you lose stuff when you transfer server? oO

Your bank is not affect if you xfer server.
Even guild bank copies over.

Or did he delete all his characters to get a free transfer? In which he didnt lose it, but choose to destroy it as couldnt be assed to pay the gem cost to move!

Not everybody is blessed with either enough money irl to pay for the amount of gems to transfer servers, or enough gold in game to convert to gems.

Talyn.3295

Nobody joined.
/cries

but…but…she is cute…

Mr. Gabo would see you now, ma’am.

Big and harry enough for you?

Attachments:

Posted by: FLchick.7950

FLchick.7950

Here you go. All within the last 2-3 days.

The first one is a mez looking for a mez to port for a jp. Um… what?

The second one I think is the greatest. At least this person was trying to do something constructive to alleviate his/her boredom. (second lfg from bottom)

And the final one has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen!

Attachments:

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

The first one is a mez looking for a mez to port for a jp. Um… what?

They want a free port so they can later go back and port for tips, but they don’t know how to do the JP

Worst recently was a bearbow ranger in Aetherpath trying to “lead” us, but he didn’t even have all of the achievements and was failing at his own techniques (we went with it just to humor him). Meanwhile in TS, we’re laughing about how people think they’re pro because they watched a video on YouTube. Some strats just don’t work with pugs, especially when 2 in the group don’t know the path that well.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

So just had one of my worst pug guild fractal 50 runs. There were 3 people of one guild, 1 other (possibly a friend or at least in the same voice chat with them) and me.

Good group setup (guard, war, mes, 2 ele) or so i thought … The guard was mostly running staff, the war was not ps, the ele seldom helped stacking might and the mesmer was using his feedback far to often, expecially against melee mobs. Frostbows were not picked up, they did not hide behind the elemental at old tom (even after advising them to).
In cliffside they rarely picked up the hammer and if they did they almost always dropped it after 1 hit (and i dont mean at the arm seals, but at the first 2 and the middle one). Even at the archdiviner noone picked up the hammer (after picking it up the first 2 times i was so low in hp i could not do it myself) resulting in a wipe (and that was while using the exploit, almost left when they started running there).
And finally at maw they had the other ele switch to necro to fully leech the boss. Took forever because they kept using skill 4 not 2. Thought there was a bug if you did it before killing the elementals? Actually warned them about it but it’s either sporadic or removed.

Talyn.3295

Ended up doing a fract 50 the other night with myself as a guard and 4 warriors…..never ……ever….never…..ever again….

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

two random pugs

Attachments:

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

bladex.9502

These are still the saddest ones imo…

Attachments:

Talyn.3295

These are still the saddest ones imo…

easy two gold

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Warrior players never cease to amaze me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Why is it, when I ask for experienced I get people who have never run a path before in their life? Then when I open a group and say “Teaching, Open to anyone but be nice” I get someone who wants to pop in and take over the group and speed through it like its some kinda speed run?

I am all in favor of people being able to run the kinda builds they want as long as the other 4 members of the group are in agreement. But I am not going to take a brand new friend who has no idea how to play the game through in a zerker only exp group, its going to be bad forever everyone involved.

On a side note: Why am I cursed with bad internet right now and I am forced to spend time reading the forums due to lag when I would rather be playing…rant over, at least that made me feel better.

Question open to everyone: how do you stand pugging for long periods of time?

Weed.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I have a story that happen to me yesterday, but the bad pugs was my 2 friends lol. I don’t do fractal as much as I’m used to, but now I do daily to get some pristine before the expansion. So yesterday I wanted to do a fractal for the daily and 3 friends wanted to join. I’m setting up for a fractal 50, but one of my friend said he only have 40 AR. I’m a little disappointed, but he’s a friend so we do a level 38 (39 is fun, but I did too many time with the exploding corpse). We get a pug for the 5th.

Everything go bad from the start. 1 of my friend is level 50 and good, but the 2 other are lower fractal level, don’t really play much these day and have some difficulty. They just die 3 times when doing the wisps, then even with 2 guards we wipe about 4 times trying to do the harpies. Then we wipe at Old Tom because one step on the floor while we are still running and start the fight. We then wipe again because the guys that start the fan do it before the poison start so it doesn’t work. Me and my friend that is level 50 try to duo it, but we die because we were already half health after trying to rez people. Finally, one of my friend say oh kitten I need to go and quit, we need to get another pug and finish the fractal. At Volcanoe we lose one villager and wipe 1 time at the shaman. Partially, my fault. It been a while and wasn’t great with Binding Blades and reflect position, but I notice that one of my friend die like a lot. Finally we get to Mai trin and we see that the friend don’t have enough AR and he said oups I had the wrong gear. Faceplam.

To the pugs that did the fractal with us yesterday I say sorry. Even guildmates can be worst than pug sometime.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD