Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

I am indeed on EU servers. Like anybody would believe an NA player could be capable of being anything but smotheringly lovely.

I’ve played with a few people from speedclear guilds and some of them weren’t very good, two of the people I spoke to just straight up admit to me they were incapable of doing the trials themselves because they joined at a time when the guild was smaller, the trials were easier or they were invited by friends. The fact that this toxic player decided to join your pug and call out everyone’s food buff is hilarious though, no-one in that persons guild wants to play with them so that says a lot.

Well from my experiences whenever i’ve come across someone from one of the real elite guilds, they’ve been really great players who either just quietly get on with the run, or nice people who were chatty and maybe offered a suggestion or two if they felt it was required. This is the only guy i’ve encountered from one of these guilds who was a condescending kitten, so i wouldn’t say that it’s a running theme i’ve noticed.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Long story short, I got trolled by the LFG tool. Except for one time (indicated by the red square), every time I put on the LFG, 5 minutes later it was mysteriously removed by itself. The troll act lasted until the last boss of Snow Blind, by when my LFG got suppressed by excessive chat. Not sure if it’s a bug but it’s surely not a fun experience.

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Afaik LFG automatically gets removed after a certain period of time if there’s only 1 person in it. Happens pretty often with my dirty elitist LFGs that might take a while to fill up.

Iris Ng.9845

Afaik LFG automatically gets removed after a certain period of time if there’s only 1 person in it. Happens pretty often with my dirty elitist LFGs that might take a while to fill up.

It’s exactly 5 minutes in my case. I don’t think it’s long enough to justify the removal. Hopefully it’s a bug though.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: KevinB.9643

KevinB.9643

One of the funniest LFG reads I had a few months ago.

P1 lv 80 zerk, 5k AP+ Type “HODOR!!!” on join.

I will always remember this one

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

It’s exactly 5 minutes in my case. I don’t think it’s long enough to justify the removal. Hopefully it’s a bug though.

Its not a bug, it always happens as far as I remember.
When I make a lfg mentioning that we’re not oneshotting lupi it usually gets removed at least 2 times before someone joins.
Its pretty annoying, but I understand why its there

Posted by: origin.1496

origin.1496

Getting out of hand.

Attachments:

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

LGTM

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

That ts3 requirement for a 40 pug is killing me

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

HAHA, if it wasn’t for the “zerk” an AP requirement that might have been one of mine. I always put silly stuff there to see if people do it (to know they can read). Lately I’ve been asking for people to bring cookies (no one has yet brought me cookies, but one person brought cake)

A while back when doing Hodor of the Waves I had put in the LFG to type I’m HODOR on join.

Posted by: stambogalizi.8356

stambogalizi.8356

Pugging 50 with nemesis and his healing power guard bud:
http://puu.sh/jNaA1/cbc47c76a5.png

also this http://puu.sh/jNaAH/f2da2fe6ef.png

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

why?

I mean….

I would equate this to water boarding myself.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

After seeing Brazil sit down and talk with the guy I can’t help but feel that this community does it’s best to take him out of context just to demonize the guy. I’d be curious to see the rest of those conversations, not just the bits that are obvious bingo phrases.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

After seeing Brazil sit down and talk with the guy I can’t help but feel that this community does it’s best to take him out of context just to demonize the guy. I’d be curious to see the rest of those conversations, not just the bits that are obvious bingo phrases.

It does not takes much to demonize guy that says stuff like “using inventory to swap weapons is an exploit”.

Iris Ng.9845

Why, Jerus, lol.

If I could save 5 cents every time I see someone made a stupid comment (by mistake or not), I would be quite rich.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I decided not to bring this up on Brazils videos because i didnt want to cause a storm on his comments. But when he said once he got to know him better he changed his opinion and thought Nemesis was a great guy. I was literally holding in a huge urge to shout “just wait until he stabs you in the back!”. Because my experience with Nemesis was the complete opposite to Brazils.

I started off being on good terms with him and having some respect for what he did. I thought he was a decent guy as well. He is also the reason i started theorycrafting. I even played with him, helped him out on some of his videos etc etc. Our opinions quickly diverged as i became more involved in this community but i always kept things civil. But then as soon he decided to go on his anti meta parade he forgot all that and used me as the target for his attacks.

So no i dont think the communities attempts to demonise him are unjustified. You reap what you sow. He has never been polite about his opinions and he has always been offensive and put down the meta without truly understanding it. His self destruction was his own doing. Being in the spotlight doesnt give you the right to be rude. In fact it means you should try even harder to respect other people. Something he has never really done.

(edited by spoj.9672)

KevinB.9643

HAHA, if it wasn’t for the “zerk” an AP requirement that might have been one of mine. I always put silly stuff there to see if people do it (to know they can read). Lately I’ve been asking for people to bring cookies (no one has yet brought me cookies, but one person brought cake)

A while back when doing Hodor of the Waves I had put in the LFG to type I’m HODOR on join.

Maybe it was you, when I joined that party at SE1 it was if I recall, typed “HODOR!!!!” as requested, thereafter I asked if I past the test. I did pass the test and we had a smooth run.

Iris Ng.9845

@spoj: That’s why we like you, you know? Magnanimous.
However, I’m not a fan of the idea that automatically equates Nemesis as bad and evil when I don’t know him personally. As much as I understand Jerus’ curiosity, I feel it’s too much of a troll bait for another segregation of this forum.

Jerus.4350

True Iris, it’d get pretty ugly fast :b

I can respect what you’re saying spoj, and I’m not trying to defend the guy, but /shrug taking bits and peices of a conversation just doesn’t seem right to me, and seeing brazil’s video it honestly seemed he was far more reasonable than what I had seen in the past where it was mostly a few quotes here and there.

As for the weapon swap thing, I actually agree, being able to use all your weapon options to buff yourself then go, well, I can’t see that being intentional, just far too much work and far too hindering to do things otherwise, so we have it and it is what it is. That’s my opinion, but again doesn’t change anything as it’d be a ton of work and stupid to change it, I just don’t see it as being intended.

stambogalizi.8356

After seeing Brazil sit down and talk with the guy I can’t help but feel sorry for brazil for not seeing his flawed logic.

stambogalizi.8356

Oh I also forgot to screenshot the bit where him and his healing guard were trashtalking the other necro we had in the party for using assassin’s armor and staff

EDIT: I actually did
http://puu.sh/jNn7F/f31d345a46.jpg
http://puu.sh/jNnal/cc4352119b.jpg

(edited by stambogalizi.8356)

Jerus.4350

I…. I’m sorry…

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I…. I’m sorry…

I just did the same thing. Watched the brazil video, thought “huh, what’s up with all the hate?”

But if that’s how he behaves on runs…yeah. kitten him.

stambogalizi.8356

I…. I’m sorry…

I just did the same thing. Watched the brazil video, thought “huh, what’s up with all the hate?”

But if that’s how he behaves on runs…yeah. kitten him.

practice what you preach eh?

Posted by: Taury.7108

Taury.7108

The sad times that we live in

Attachments:

Posted by: Intertwine.8720

Intertwine.8720

Posted LFG using NPC names today during CoF, thinking that at this point majority of the people have done these enough to know them.

I was wrong.

Ferrah took 10 mins before I had to change it to simply P1 to complete the brazier stage, and Magg-macyte took about 5 mins to fill, but with pugs thinking it’s P1.

;__;

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Is my LFG too Elitist?

Attachments:

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Yes it is you dirty tryhard scum! All you do is oppress the playerbase with your impossible standards and unreasonable demands!

Pfft “P1”… Trying to force us to do that when we clearly need to do “P2”.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Ignorance is bliss for some, I joined AC p3 the other day, 3 guys voted for p1. I didn’t mind that much as I didn’t do any AC that day, one guy left and they lfg’d again as p3. We got to the p1 burrow room and the newcomer got angry as he realised it was different path than what lfg said, he left. So they lfg’d for p3 again…

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Talyn.3295

Didn’t get a chance to Grab a Screen shot, but the LFG description was:

“GWAMM only, let us smite them with the wrath of gods!”

HwaRyun.1807

I always laugh when i see fractal groups asking for experienced players, yet they need a pug to open the desired level for them because they themselves aren’t experienced enough to be able to do it themselves.

Attachments:

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Does anyone have screens of friends, troll-ish runs? I have a couple of stupid convos in my chat, but this isn’t the appropriate thread to post them, I suppose <.<
Even tho sometimes, playing with friends whilst drunk can indeed be harder than pugging.

P.S. Lol at Jesus trying to be merciful… you DO remember last time you got impaled for being understanding to humankind!?! Don’t make the same mistake again!
P.P.S. Here’s the signal to point at something being wrong with any guy: if said guy manages to kitten spoj off to the point of him trashtalking, it means the guy’s a kittenbag. Trust me on that.

Iris Ng.9845

I always laugh when i see fractal groups asking for experienced players, yet they need a pug to open the desired level for them because they themselves aren’t experienced enough to be able to do it themselves.

Could be my EU account.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

and the cherry on top is mossy on water and ranging all bosses. Zerk pugs stronk.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

HwaRyun.1807

Could be my EU account.

True, but that doesn’t really apply to most people, so it’s usually a pretty safe bet that 90% of those lfg’s aren’t the second account of a high level player.

Posted by: ThePoliticalchump.7510

ThePoliticalchump.7510

Beautiful arah p2 pug story.

I join the “all welcomed” group.
From the start our guard complains about not having a thief for skips.
They all somehow make it to belka.
Party – 2 bearbow rangers with signet of stone and hunt, 1 full heal guard, warrior with banner of tactics and me.
We kill belka and someone relogs thief for the skip. I ran first but they all died so i finished the skip anyway.
I waited 20min for them to make the skip and ended up asking if i should solo.
Guard flames me that i’m not helping the team.
Guard uses WoR on 50% hp abom without any inquests nearby.
We make it to lupi and end up with 4 grubs because our guard cant dodge, but we killed him on the first try without OS.
I run to unlock WP, they all somehow die on the run from WP to alphard.
Alphard went kinda smooth and so did the last skip except one guy died.
We decided to kill Brie without him and after we killed her I left asap because the terminal was on 5%.
guard whispering me saying it’s my fault they all got teleported away.
guard telling me i’m immature for running first and not waiting for them.
Guard tells me to enjoy my speedruns and blocks me.

Tl;dr: Dont trust all welcome pugs and staff guards.

(edited by ThePoliticalchump.7510)

KevinB.9643

Party – 2 bearbow rangers with signet of stone and hunt, 1 full heal guard, warrior with banner of tactics and me.
We kill belka and someone relogs thief for the skip. I ran first but they all died so i finished the skip anyway.
We make it to lupi and end up with 4 grubs because our guard cant dodge, but we killed him on the first try without OS.
We decided to kill Brie without him and after we killed her I left asap because the terminal was on 5%.

It looked like you had a lot of fun, especially with mister guard the grub-catcher.

Talyn.3295

Joined a group for CoE path 1 the other night. Got up to the room with the console. Instead of doing the 1 then 4. We started out doing 0. I was defending and realized everyone else had stacked on the left side and no one had done the console.

Then rather then doing the 1 and 4 we did one, fought, and someone started the second console while we were still killing the golems from the 1st one. I thought they hadn’t realized but it turns out it was intentional. This kept going through all five golem phases.

Until it was just me and one other guy still alive at the end.

Attachments:

Posted by: ThePoliticalchump.7510

ThePoliticalchump.7510

Joined a group for CoE path 1 the other night. Got up to the room with the console. Instead of doing the 1 then 4. We started out doing 0. I was defending and realized everyone else had stacked on the left side and no one had done the console.

Then rather then doing the 1 and 4 we did one, fought, and someone started the second console while we were still killing the golems from the 1st one. I thought they hadn’t realized but it turns out it was intentional. This kept going through all five golem phases.

Haha, that happens to me all the time! That’s why I don’t like running CoE fullruns without friends. Everyone either screws up on the console or has no idea what to do on husk.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Haha, that happens to me all the time! That’s why I don’t like running CoE fullruns without friends. Everyone either screws up on the console or has no idea what to do on husk.

It’s best to just do 4-1, that way you avoid the hassle.

Posted by: Sabetha.4910

Sabetha.4910

So I just finished a CoF full run, and being someone who does the Aetherpath regularly, I decided to look around for a LFG.

Saw this one engineer selling slots, 39 gold each. Told said engi via whisper that was far too high for achievements (most I’ve seen was like 10-15 gold).

Engi got irate, blocked me.

Well then.

Talyn.3295

Since I got my Dungeoneer title I don’t often run dungeons without at least one friend present. But we all do crazy stuff now and then right?

Attachments:

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

Ran (what was supposed to be) a speed run in TA the other night…guard in our party never once put down his staff…guard died on every boss and we left him at the puppy hallway in forward path and finished with 4. Most awful TA run ever.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)

Talyn.3295

/chuckles I know staff guards are bad, but he really died to the puppies? I could almost feel sorry for him.

deSade.9437

I died from the puppies, once. I was rummaging in a bag of chips while waiting for the rest of my party at Leurent… I looked up, and I was dead.
Stealth teleporting puppies of death op

Talyn.3295

I died from the puppies, once. I was rummaging in a bag of chips while waiting for the rest of my party at Leurent… I looked up, and I was dead.
Stealth teleporting puppies of death op

I can see that happening, sometimes it only takes a second to look away from the screen.

Attachments:

HwaRyun.1807

I joined this SE P3 “casual run, play what you want” group with two necro’s because there was no other group available, and it was mostly fine except our warrior was talking in chat about how he was having trouble keeping might up for some reason. Two of the party said it was no problem, but one guy was getting really upset with the noob warrior for not being able to generate any might even on a PS build. I too was shaking my head and wondering what the kitten was going on, but we did the path anyway and it was only at the end that the warrior realised he didn’t have any backpiece or trinkets on. Casuals, what a bunch of morons.

And the best part? I was the warrior

(edited by HwaRyun.1807)

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

but we did the path anyway and it was only at the end that the warrior realised he didn’t have any backpiece or trinkets on.

I did a path 2 arah and soloed lupi for the party, found out the same thing after as well. Good thing my abysmal damage blended right in.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

but we did the path anyway and it was only at the end that the warrior realised he didn’t have any backpiece or trinkets on.

I did a path 2 arah and soloed lupi for the party, found out the same thing after as well. Good thing my abysmal damage blended right in.

I was showing my friend how to OS Lupi on his guardian for solo and duo run. He was doing so badly that it was horrible. Lupi didn’t went lower than 40%. Just to realize he was on his complete WvW setup.

It also happen to me a couple of time. Jesus, I do so little damage, just to realize I have my EotM gear on.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

deSade.9437

How about trying to solo lupi with condi weapons, condi traits and full zerk gear?