gw2esp [source past 3/15 patch available]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

We also had about close 30k DPS on Champion Icebrood Wolf and the Golem boss with 3 eles (1 nomad guard, 1 mesmer), XD. So I’m not sure how to interpret this metrics.

Those are dps numbers I’ve been seeing in lvl 80 dungeons, ie CoE and Arah.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Well tree has two hitboxes so you do twice as much. But you cant crit. So its a bit of a random one.

Icebow, meteor shower and glyph of storms hitting each projectile.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Dub.1273

I am surprised this thread is still open.

Well, technically there’s nothing that makes this forbidden to use. It doesn’t change any game happenings (no memory writing), doesn’t go against the “one click one action” rule and generally only enhances visibility. Quite the opposite of Immersive Combat Mode that actually edited game memory and has been allowed, iirc. Has there been a statement about frifox’s release?

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Well tree has two hitboxes so you do twice as much. But you cant crit. So its a bit of a random one.

Icebow, meteor shower and glyph of storms hitting each projectile.

Yea, pretty much that Goku’s rotation.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Echo.3741

Echo.3741

Would love to see an average DPS/5-10-15-20sec etc. or configurable.

Alternatively just a start/stop button and calculate the average DPS from that recording

Echo Mir // Echo.3741 [Echo] Echo Echo Echo Echo

(edited by Echo.3741)

Dub.1273

Dps 1 sec, 5 sec and 60 sec are currently calculated, I just don’t print them currently since I didn’t need them and they wouldn’t fit nicely on the screen. I’ll enable them for you.
You can already reset the dps and timer, by the way. Unlock (alt + l) your target (if you have it locked), change to another target and then change back. Both will restart.

As for getting the map’s or characters zoom level, but trying to print the value kills half the app. The only thing that will still be displayed is the help window, lol. I might need a bit help getting that to work, as coming from java (q.q) I generally have no idea of memory management, or more specifically handling the adresses to get useful pointers or data. It is beyond me anyway how you get to ptr + 0x? + 0x to something instead of accesing it directly anyway.

If I found the map zoom level at 0227F2BC and 47A38CD8, while the pointer to my own character points to 11AF2C7C, what would I do with that information to somehow get useful data?

Not expecting for a step by step explanation, by the way, but a nice overview would be cool.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Dub.1273

Downloadlink with new versions in the opening post. Updated the help window, in case any questions occur. The radar currently only works for the second most zoomed in map, will change that once I get information of the map zoom level.

And yeah, together with a personal dps figure (if I can get the values from the combat log) that would be the last thing I’d implement, I think.

Edit: For some reason the radar does now move dots although they shouldn’t be moved. I’m not entirely sure what caused this, since I didn’t even change anything regarding the radar today.

Edit2: Fixed it. It ain’t perfect, but is certainly acceptable. That tool you mentioned surely wouldn’t hurt, though.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

For me, the HP and %hp of a mob are visible above it’s hp bar in grey, which overlaps the mob name and isn’t rly comfortable like on your screens (white text on hp bar)
Is it something intended or is it just me?

Dub.1273

It’s grey when you only target an enemy, when you lock it as target (alt + L) it should become white. I have not really paid attention to how it might look on resolutions other than 1080p, by the way. Might actually change that to Alt + T, since that triggers the ingame targetting function.

Dub | [rT]

Sublimatio.6981

Yea it turns white, but doesn’t move :P i use 1366×768

Dub.1273

That’s the problem then. I’ll upload the source code to the dropbox folder soon. If you have VS2013, you can mess with y axis values then.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: DennisChrDk.9823

DennisChrDk.9823

A DPS meter is always very handy. It’s kind of sad to see that procentage and health is not implemented in the game, It would have been nice. So awesome program!

One thing that you will have to change about the program, is how it works in pvp. You can use the radar in there (and the other features), which make you able to see where the enemy players are moving to. Which is kind of game breaking, and would be a reason for support to ban you, in case you did use the program.

Dub.1273

Oh well, it was mainly aimed at pve to be honest. Didn’t even think about pvp. Might disable radar and floaters there.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I tried it in pvp. It’s quite OP when you camp mid point and can monitor the whole map x . x

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

Can you please upload a version without this radar thing? It eats a lot of CPU and makes game lag. Also what the guy above said, text overlaps with mobs name and level so thats no fun and 5s and 60s DPS would be nice. Rest is perfect so keep it up

Dub.1273

The radar thing doesn’t eat any cpu when you just turn it off. Alt + R.
The currently uploaded version has 60s dps (standard), 1s and 5s (alt + 7).
Ill upload one with infinite duration dps (since fight started) as standard and 1/5/60 accessible by extra window.
As for text being off the healthbar and stuff like that, thats resolution and interface settings. I may upload versions for different resolutions, but if somebody wants it 100% exact he has to compile it himself. I may check for resolution, but for interface size I won’t do additional uploads.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Or, how I do it on gw2dps, detect screen resolution and then calculate the appropriate anchor points for all elements. Simple and dynamic.

Dub.1273

Yeah thats what I meant, I just won’t do the same for interface sizes.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

Yea uhm, u know…those hotkeys aren’t really explained anywhere so didn’t know <.< Anyways good to know, ty.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Dub, the day after I let you into my comp to fix my crashing issues it crashed again even with manual injection. >_>

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Dub.1273

Yea uhm, u know…those hotkeys aren’t really explained anywhere so didn’t know <.< Anyways good to know, ty.

Uhm yeah, alt + h u know? >.<

Dub | [rT]

Dub.1273

Dub, the day after I let you into my comp to fix my crashing issues it crashed again even with manual injection. >_>

Do you run gw2 as admin and tried closing steam and raptr before launching gw?

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I’ll try again.

Edit: Ran both gw2 and Remotedll as admin without raptr, works fine now.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

(edited by Lindbur.2537)

Sublimatio.6981

Uhm yeah, alt + h u know? >.<

How are we supposed to know even about alt + h ^^
Noting it in the original post would help a lot of people who aren’t familiar at all with this

Dub.1273

Yeah, I actually didn’t expect this to become so “huge”. I’ll make a little introduction and basic faq soon.

Anyway, I’m currently in need of fotm map id’s. It would be nice if somebody could find them out (map id displayed in middle of screen in another version, lazy way, huehue) and tell me (post here). I don’t need to know which map id belongs to which fractal, only the numbers. Would be nice if someone could list them up here.

Dub | [rT]

Dub.1273

Updated download links, now supports 1024×768, 1280×768, 1600×900 & 1920×1080, although width options still need to be worked out a bit. This is assuming you run gw2 on your monitors native resolution (wanted to eliminate the need of computing it once again every loop) and for small interface size. I will not check for particular interface sizes and adjust positions on that.

Thanks to anyone contributing to fotm map id’s!

Dub | [rT]

Sublimatio.6981

Can you make 1366×768 pretty please? ^^

Dub.1273

You have no idea how painful it is to start gw2 200 times in a row and each time set resolution to windowed and then some other fullscreen resolution after injection. As I said, I’ll work on width settings but ugh.

Dub | [rT]

Sublimatio.6981

maybe some option to set all of these numbers on cursor location, like the radar?

Dub.1273

That would be a lot of hotkeys, kinda.

Dub | [rT]

DennisChrDk.9823

I just downloaded the new version with the maps. But a problem came up, somehow there is a “50” floating in the middle of my character, and I can’t find a way to turn it off?

http://imgur.com/6yjao0w

Dub.1273

That’s because the mapid version is the one that shows the map id at the middle of the screen, just like I said. It’s not for regular use but only to quickly check fotm map’s Id’s.

Dub | [rT]

Dub.1273

I probably should have made it toggleable, but I felt like it’s unnecessary when it’s going to be in once and then never again (get it? anet will never release more instanced content).

Dub | [rT]

DennisChrDk.9823

Okay thanks, I guess I’ll just download the other version

Dub.1273

Would be quite cool if you could still use the map id version if you do fotm, I still have zero map id’s.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Rcox.4076

Rcox.4076

Doesn’t seem to fit properly for 1920×1080 which is the most common lol.
Also I think there should be an option to see everyone’s individual DPS next to their name in party. so I can see who the slackers are. haha

EDIT: I see the numbers fit if you set your interface size to “Small”

(edited by Rcox.4076)

Dub.1273

Yeah, I did this for small interface size as I can’t stand having the screen covered with unnecessary big ui. As for individual dps, that’s not possible. Personal dps is but I can’t seem to find the damage I deal in the memory and have no time investigating further. If anyone feels like working on this go ahead.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: MHo.1056

MHo.1056

Don´t know, if you still miss some ids …

872 Fractal entry room
947 Uncategorized
949 Swampland
950 Urban Battleground
951 Aquatic Ruins
954 Volcanic
957 Taumanova Reactor
958 Solid Ocean Fractal
959 Molten Boss Fractal

(edited: “959 Molten Furnace” —> “959 Molten Boss Fractal”)

(edited by MHo.1056)

Posted by: SkyHunter.2816

SkyHunter.2816

This is really an awesome tool, but that radar stuff and extra information that you don’t usually have is maybe a bit too much.
I would like to have a version which only shows the information for the current target (to reduce any problems you could have with anet).

Dub.1273

Thanks a lot for the map Id’s, aside of these I did not get any yet.

As for an only dps version, I can quickly compile that, it won’t change about it being grey zone, though. At least until arenanet chimes in to say it’s allowed or forbidden (which they won’t do).

Dub | [rT]

MHo.1056

948 Snowblind
952 Cliffside

MHo.1056

956 Aetherblade

Dub.1273

I’ll take it that map id’s are just incremented from 947 to 959, thanks for your contribution. I’ll update the version in a minute.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I tried it in pvp. It’s quite OP when you camp mid point and can monitor the whole map x . x

That’s the bad thing about this.

Snow Crows [SC]

Dub.1273

Well, I could make a version with only pve target stuff, but as the other versions as well as a lot of other stuff is freely accessible, that wouldn’t change anything about anet’s statement to this, if they did make one. Stays to use at your own risk and own conscience.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

So, since you said you wouldn’t be willing to update the code for other resolutions, would you be willing to post some sort of guide on how we could do it on our own? I know absolutely nothing of this coding nonsense XD

Dub.1273

Frifox has made a tutorial on that as far as I know. Just replace his files with mine. I can’t really link you to it, though, no idea where I’d search for it.
Once you got the whole thing running in visual studio 2013, it’s just messing with x and y coordinates until it fits properly. The whole thing is a bit stupid because anet made different ui layouts for different resolution, so while something fits great for small interface size, it might all be too high for normal interface size.

Dub | [rT]

Dub.1273

Quick update on fixed dps timer.

Also, as most people might have noticed I stopped regularly working on this, been stuck with the personal dps but will add it later if I happen to work those out.

Edit: My god, reddit. Help. Brain.. cancer.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

prob a noob question, but how do I turn this overlay off, and not just hide it?

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

Dub.1273

Restart the game. Or try free’ing it with remotedll, but that might crash gw2, so restarting the game in the first place is easier.
I’m not sure if there even is a way for a dll to terminate.

Dub | [rT]